• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Did they patch this or something? I had a shit ton of stuff in my vehicle when I did it, they didn't disappear, but they did just kinda scatter on the ground outside South Knot City. It was a little annoying picking it all back up, but that's all it was was a minor nuisance.
The stuff that scattered for me was only the stuff on my back.

The quest stuff remained in the truck, all materials in the truck vanished.

Wow can't wait to get the zip line.
Btw how do you ping back a MULE signal?
[minor item spoiler]
Unlock the scanner upgrade.
Press scan just after the first pulse happens and before the return pulse that marks you.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
the
mama
chapter made me almost never want to play this again.

go
up the mountain, just to come down the mountain, to go back up the mountain.
Really?
Chapter 6 is way worse. One multiple mission sequence is go up near the peak, go down, go up near the peak, go down to the base, then go all the way up to the peak.

Oh and there are scripted weather factors that make that traversal even slower and more painful.

Absolute nonsense and with the restrictions in Chapter 6, it's just infuriating.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
The stuff that scattered for me was only the stuff on my back.

The quest stuff remained in the truck, all materials in the truck vanished.
Odd, I definitely had nothing on my back, literally everything in my truck scattered, not just the quest stuff. I had random mats in there to build up the Auto Paver right outside and they stayed.

Jan 20, 2019
Chapter 6 is way worse. One multiple mission sequence is go up near the peak, go down, go up near the peak, go down to the base, then go all the way up to the peak.

Oh and there are scripted weather factors that make that traversal even slower and more painful.

Absolute nonsense and with the restrictions in Chapter 6, it's just infuriating.

The moutain fucking suckz but once you unlock the region with zipe lines is awesome

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

Trekking simulator baby! it comes with the bad stuff as well lol.

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017

Chapter 6 made me audibly say "fuck this game"

great news cause as soon as i finished it i was like "well at least im done with this area"

GUESS NOT

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Just a reminder some of us are still plodding around at chapter 2 or just starting the game, so try to mark story spoilers and any major unlocks. I feel like I should probably peace out of this thread now that everyone's up to chapter billion.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Only just started Chapter 3 but reading through this thread has me excited for the future stuff. Few quick questions for anyone who's further along

- Is there a way to get another vehicle/craft one in the East region? I dropped my bike because I was trying to get through the BT area on my way to Port Knot and I assume the BTs ate it

- Do sidequests get locked out? I wanted to continue on with story stuff but I want to go back and finish the sidequests in the East region after I get some upgrades to make it a bit easier/quicker. Specifically the power skeleton and such.

- Any things I should be saving materials for? I've been basically hoarding metals (outside of a bridge or two to make some of my runs a lot easier).

May 30, 2018
quick question- for any of you who preordered through Best Buy (the steelbook/special edition), have you received your preorder codes yet? and if so, what is the email to look for? my buddy preordered a copy for me and hasn't received an email with a code.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Just a reminder some of us are still plodding around at chapter 2 or just starting the game, so try to mark story spoilers and any major unlocks. I feel like I should probably peace out of this thread now that everyone's up to chapter billion.

Yeah I think I'm gonna peace out of here because it's getting to the territory where people are gonna start accidentally spoiling things (even if they're small) I want to discover myself.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Only just started Chapter 3 but reading through this thread has me excited for the future stuff. Few quick questions for anyone who's further along

- Is there a way to get another vehicle/craft one in the East region? I dropped my bike because I was trying to get through the BT area on my way to Port Knot and I assume the BTs ate it

- Do sidequests get locked out? I wanted to continue on with story stuff but I want to go back and finish the sidequests in the East region after I get some upgrades to make it a bit easier/quicker. Specifically the power skeleton and such.

- Any things I should be saving materials for? I've been basically hoarding metals (outside of a bridge or two to make some of my runs a lot easier).

I'm at the end of chapter 3 and I feel comfortable to say:

-Yes, you should be able to.

-No, you can continue doing stuff there.

-Do whatever you want, you'll probably have to dedicate your time exclusively to materials if you want them because sidequests and cargo gets intense lol, no room for metals in my backpack, sorry.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Another Tallneck hologram. Man I really hate people who use this, jump scare every single time.

Oct 27, 2017

Yes, no and save metal and ceramics for roads

Tayaya

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah I think I'm gonna peace out of here because it's getting to the territory where people are gonna start accidentally spoiling things (even if they're small) I want to discover myself.

Yes it happened a few times for me just on the last 2-3 thread pages alone. Many, many players are still in chapter 3, so we don't want to know how bad 4 and 6 are, especially with enough context clues to now know that chapter 4 is
that WW1 FPS scene from the trailer
or that Chapter 6 is
spent being stuck in the snow and mountains, possibly without the BB
. I know these things now, though! I'm out!

However, this is probably the first game where I can't WAIT to hit the Spoiler thread when it's all said and done. Controversy aside, I am thoroughly enjoying the game, the interview lore, and am eager to see what everyone else thinks of the whole picture when it's all said and done.

qa_engineer

Dec 27, 2017
I did not think I would enjoy this game but after watching the first hour of gameplay (cinematics) on Youtube I was immediately drawn to the game. I am about 2.5 hours in and loving it so far. First game in a long time without shooting, fighting, killing etc that has my full attention. The story is a bit out there but the cinematics, music, visuals, and premise of the game world has me hooked. Something something product placement.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
So should I or should I not be making strand connections with other players? It says I can make them with up to 15 people. But I'm not sure if I choose 15 people then the game locks me into just those players the whole time...

Also, a hijacked a MULE truck successfully but it got stuck in a river. FUUUUUUcc

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
They really should take out the 30 sec cutscene of entering BT territory. It kills all the tension of those places. It becomes something like a minigame instead of a integrated system.

There are a ton of repeated gameplay oriented cutscenes in this game. Every fucking action requires a split off to a cutscene. So annoying. Thank god for the skip button.

But yeah, we get it - it's raining and the BB sensor is going haywire, we don't need a dedicated cutscene telling us this every fucking time.

GangWarily

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit
I didn't realize you could go *up* with the zip line. Enjoy the easy ride to Elder for people on my server. :)

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
is there a way of telling what the star/connection bonuses for each city/location will do? Dunno if I want to grind out five star connections if the rewards won't be worth it

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Someone left a truck in the middle of the road... It was front on, but I wonder if they put it sideways and in the middle if it would appear there, or if you could be a massive troll and leave a few and block the way...

is there a way of telling what the star/connection bonuses for each city/location will do? Dunno if I want to grind out five star connections if the rewards won't be worth it
Not beyond looking it up online, I don't think.

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Does anyone else feel like the game is way on the easy side? I feel like i've got effectively unlimited resources and i'm never really hurting for items. I started this out on Hard so was expecting to feel a little more constrained, maybe. That said i'm enjoying it; storyline feels a little nonsensical but I can dig it. My *only* gripe is that you gotta run through the shower/pee/poop to get all the EX grenades.. Annoyingly time consuming.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Stil in chapter 2, tried to take a "scenic route" for a delivery and got fucked up really bad, lost equipment, my packages were ruined by constant timefall and BB got autotoxemic from 2 LONG BT encounters, had to reload the save, I think I'll stick to the known routes for now :/

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else feel like the game is way on the easy side? I feel like i've got effectively unlimited resources and i'm never really hurting for items. I started this out on Hard so was expecting to feel a little more constrained, maybe. That said i'm enjoying it; storyline feels a little nonsensical but I can dig it. My *only* gripe is that you gotta run through the shower/pee/poop to get all the EX grenades.. Annoyingly time consuming.
Not really. the challenge is in trying to do things as quickly as possible with as much as you can, so it becomes as difficult as you push for.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I want to know why NO ONE, absolutely NO ONE like my stuff, either my signs or my building. It's ALWAYS at zero. Even the signs that get 1 like when you pass throught them, my signs still got zero likes even after 2 days.... seriously...

ElOdyssey

Oct 30, 2017
There are a ton of repeated gameplay oriented cutscenes in this game. Every fucking action requires a split off to a cutscene. So annoying. Thank god for the skip button.

But yeah, we get it - it's raining and the BB sensor is going haywire, we don't need a dedicated cutscene telling us this every fucking time.
So fucking annoying man. Like the first 5x I see these scenes... ok sure. But it should auto skip after your 10th time and on. I got cargo to deliver stop trying to disrupt this flow bruh

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I want to know why NO ONE, absolutely NO ONE like my stuff, either my signs or my building. It's ALWAYS at zero. Even the signs that get 1 like when you pass throught them, my signs still got zero likes even after 2 days.... seriously...
Maybe the algorithim, or whatever the fuck they use to connect people online, is connecting you to people who aren't playing much?

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Put in about 15 hours on my 2 days with it from Redbox.

Can't wait to buy it at some point between now and the end of the year to finish it. I want to know how the story shakes out!

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I want to go in as dark as possible (hard to do when spoilers are abound on YT from major channels) but one video caught my eye from Eurogamer: 8 things we wish we'd have known before starting DS.

I was wondering whether it's worth a "listen"?

Dec 6, 2017
US
I said damn, all local GameStops are sold out and I wanted to buy a physical copy after returning my rental earlier :/

Ah shit, Best Buy doesn't have it either.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

You're probably just ugly lol

It's similar in my case although I get automatic likes from people using my paths or ladders and stuff. I do have a bunch of likes on I believe is one rope I put somewhere. I wonder which one is it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Try removing a build you see in a popular place and replacing it with one of your own. It will only remove their build from your specific instance, and afterwards yours will be put into rotation.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I want to go in as dark as possible (hard to do when spoilers are abound on YT from major channels) but one video caught my eye from Eurogamer: 8 things we wish we'd have known before starting DS.

I was wondering whether it's worth a "listen"?
Definitely not. That video has item and mechanics details from various stages of the game - stuff you won't have when you start.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Stil in chapter 2, tried to take a "scenic route" for a delivery and got fucked up really bad, lost equipment, my packages were ruined by constant timefall and BB got autotoxemic from 2 LONG BT encounters, had to reload the save, I think I'll stick to the known routes for now :/
I'm pretty sure cargo meant for delivery is not damaged by timefall, so you can always make it to your destination even if everything goes FUBAR. My BB also went autotoxemic during a BT encounter in chapter 2 but you can always recover from it. Just run away, mash square if you get grabbed, and try not to fall over.

There are two health meters for packages:
1. Container
2. Cargo

The container will take damage from rain, leaving the cargo susceptible to falling damage if you take a tumble, but I've found deliveries (at least quest items) won't take cargo damage from the rain.
AFAIK I think consumable items like PCCs, grenades, ropes, and ladders DO take cargo damage in the rain, eventually deteriorating until they become [DESTROYED].

For sure. I'll probably be doing the same unless I get stuck or need to share something awesome.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Try removing a build you see in a popular place and replacing it with one of your own. It will only remove their build from your specific instance, and afterwards yours will be put into rotation.
Hmm i'll try with a bridge!

Btw got another question, does stars rank 4-5 only unlock cosmetic like glasses and hat color or is there more to it? I got all 5 stars on the east side but it's not really worth it past 3 stars unless you want platinum