• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good until Kojima gets a hold of it. Now you gotta buy tarps for your cargo which probably degrade like everything else. Might as well add a system to it so if you don't keep your tarp tied tightly, wind will get a hold of it and blow you over. Might as well make it so you can upgrade your tarp and tarp tie downs.
...but you don't have to upgrade or maintain your raincoats.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
okay so i got the first network online. I have all this excess cargo, question:

Is it better to just dump it off for 25 likes here, or actually bring it to its destination for all the likes? What is the point of getting more likes?

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yep.

Pokemon and this game both make me realize how shit this place can be. All in the guise of "its just criticism bro; what do you want it to be a circle jerk huh huh huhhhh" when all I see if people desperate for things they don't like to fail for weird brownie points. This place is so often full of joyless husks trying to make everyone also miserable lol. This OT is great tho; I just wish more threads would follow that. I get being upset or just not liking things but some choose to wallow in that and attempt to make everyone else also hate everything. This place would be so much better if people would spend more time w/ things they do like than constantly "criticizing" things they don't.

I've definitely been critical in this thread but I hope not in a shitty or negative way, I really want to like the game, but I gotta vent sometimes!

In general though I could not agree more with you. "Critique" is so overrated and negativity isn't really worth very much. I could find an infinite amount of negative things to say about games I don't like and go around repeating them at every turn, but why? It's easy to find things that you don't like and make noise about them. It's low hanging fruit. Sometimes I just use the thread to voice frustrations when I'm actually actively playing the game and getting annoyed, but it can be really disheartening seeing people who, like you said, are just ultimately hoping that something else fails and will find any cause they can to justify their negativity about it.

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
okay so i got the first network online. I have all this excess cargo, question:

Is it better to just dump it off for 25 likes here, or actually bring it to its destination for all the likes? What is the point of getting more likes?

Getting more stars for the various places because each star gives you something. But, once you have all 5 stars for a place idk if it's still useful to get the likes. Probably not lol

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I hadn't thought of doing this, but if you see a build in a decent place then is it possible to delete it and replace it with one of your own?

I know you can remove other people's signs, not tried with builds...

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I been playing too much. I saw a car with some rust on it this morning and seriously thought, "he should spray some container repair spray on that."

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I been playing too much. I saw a car with some rust on it this morning and seriously thought, "he should spray some container repair spray on that."

I lost an entire MULE truck filled with metals and ceramics to Timefall rain because I was doing a mission and didn't park it in a safe place.

Felt really bad seeing the cargo is damaged message pop up every few seconds. :(

Oct 25, 2017
There is a cargo cover you can get from a prepper in Episode 3. Curious if other people have found it, but it sounds like most haven't? The place to get it is kinda hidden...

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Love the expository dialogue in this game. If you read this post Kojima please take a look at this dialogue and concider it part of my application. Would love to be part of the Koji Pro writers team.

- Mother: I want you to go home and meet with this man that lives in our house.
- Son: What man?
- Mother: Oh... your father of course. You know, Fatherman? The human who birthed you and who have been in your life for almost 30 years now because you will soon be 30?
- Son: Ah right, that man.
- Mother: He should be home soon from his secret work at the Pentagon where he presumebly studies an evil AI called A.I.V.I.L. that may or may not be the cause of all the worlds problems. But you knew that didn't you?
- Son: Sure, I think I remember him talking about it over dinner.
- Mother: That's good, I recall you having a bad memory since that plane crash 10 years ago that made you afraid of AI controlled aircraft.
- Son: Sigh... yeah that sure sucked. I really wish I could get into the army so that I could fight these kind of things if they ever took over the world.
- Mother: I'm sure it will be your luck some day son. I love you, Luckman.
- Son: Our love hasn't been the strongest since you bought that AI love companion that occasionally malfunctions, but yes.... I love you too MAMA.

Hack.

Son has too much dialogue, replace half of his dialogue with him saying nothing at all and just staring as people describe events of his own life that he should already know.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Struggling to come across the resources I need for all the roads I want to build. What's the most efficient source? Raid the MULE camps?

I was kinda blazing through not doing any side content or paying attention to how resources accrue so I thought I had way more than I'd ever need till I came across the pavers.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
This game is so exhausting and I can't put it down. I choose to play only after the family has gone to bed which in turn has me playing into the late or early morn. I'm going on 4 hours of sleep a night since last Friday. 😴

horsebite

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Struggling to come across the resources I need for all the roads I want to build. What's the most efficient source? Raid the MULE camps?
IN my experience, yeah, MULE camps will net you a ton of resources. Just hit all the locked postboxes and you'll usually find multiple metal and ceramic containers (200-400ct). Load the truck up and head to the nearest paver! :)

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Love the expository dialogue in this game. If you read this post Kojima please take a look at this dialogue and concider it part of my application. Would love to be part of the Koji Pro writers team.

- Mother: Oh... your father of course. You know, Fatherman? The human who birthed you and who have been in your life for almost 30 years now because you will soon be 30?
- Mother: He should be home soon from his secret work at the Pentagon where he presumebly studies an evil AI called A.I.V.I.L. that may or may not be the cause of all the worlds problems. But you knew that didn't you?
- Mother: That's good, I recall you having a bad memory since that plane crash 10 years ago that made you afraid of AI controlled aircraft.
- Son: Sigh... yeah that sure sucked. I really wish I could get into the army so that I could fight these kind of things if they ever took over the world.
- Son: Our love hasn't been the strongest since you bought that AI love companion that occasionally malfunctions, but yes.... I love you too MAMA.
Harsh but fair. I'm at the start of Chapter 7 and if this blurb Deadman says about himself is true (and that's the whole reasoning for his name) then yikes. Parts of this game do not feel well written at all.

Venuslulu

Oct 28, 2017
I'm critical of many games, and even ones I enjoy; the problem is that there are voices positive and negative whom in ad nauseum feel the need to constantly invalidate other posters opinion. Also negative posters by and large played little of the game or none at all which makes discussion less compelling.

Like we've seen your opinion once, it does not need to be repeated then paraphrase as if it's some new take. Death Stranding is really making nuance discussion few and far between around Era.

I mean there's still a lot of meat to discuss in this OT but outside of here it's a mess.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Despite the divisive nature of this game I'm gonna jump in and out of my comfort zone. I don't think I've ever been so conflicted about a game in my life. Theres so many elements that I dont like but then there's things I know I do like. We'll see where I ultimately end up when its all said and done. I feel that I need to see it for myself and if I end up hating it...well...that goes with the risk.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Btw, I forgot whichever reviewer it was that tweeted how the baby was annoying and crying too much. What a load of horseshit, it's why you can never trust early twitter takes. BB is rarely ever an issue, I'm actually surprised you don't have to take care of him more. I legit would not mind it as it would make the bond stronger. But, BB rarely cries unless you're pushing him to the limit and doesn't need constant cradling.

Is timefall eternal in some places ? I've been waiting for it to stop for half an hour now.

Yes.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Is timefall eternal in some places ? I've been waiting for it to stop for half an hour now.
I think it might be, it seems ever present in areas with BT's.

However, the timefall, while detrimental, isn't nearly that bad as to warrant waiting 30 minutes for it to go away. You can easily get through a full delivery with very minimal damage if you just bring along one container repair spray. Even if you don't have repair spray or forgot, as long as you don't fall over a bunch you'll be totally fine.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017

I was kinda blazing through not doing any side content or paying attention to how resources accrue so I thought I had way more than I'd ever need till I came across the pavers.
I was finding a good amount in the Online Postboxes and Shared Storages. You can check the Postbox inventory via the map, just put your cursor on it and push X, it will show you everything in it, so you know if it's worth the trip or not.

There's a good amount of it laying around, and then you can also recycle crap you find laying around, then claim the resources from the station. I found if you want to get any real progress on the roads you have to pretty much dedicate to it instead of making standard deliveries as you go.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've definitely been critical in this thread but I hope not in a shitty or negative way, I really want to like the game, but I gotta vent sometimes!

In general though I could not agree more with you. "Critique" is so overrated and negativity isn't really worth very much. I could find an infinite amount of negative things to say about games I don't like and go around repeating them at every turn, but why? It's easy to find things that you don't like and make noise about them. It's low hanging fruit. Sometimes I just use the thread to voice frustrations when I'm actually actively playing the game and getting annoyed, but it can be really disheartening seeing people who, like you said, are just ultimately hoping that something else fails and will find any cause they can to justify their negativity about it.

You've most likely caused no issue. If anything it's the dogpile critics that make it harder to find genuine criticism like yours. And honestly it sucks. I personally like hearing from people who are having a different experience with the game to mine. I'd leverage a few complaints myself against small details like the menus being cumbersome or mission rewards sceen needing to many X presses to see the info I care about.

It drowns out people who are trying to have two way discussions in favor of shouting "i dont like thing" from the rooftops. It creates the echo chamber they love to moan about because in their view you either hate it, as you should by their accounts, or are a fanboy or bootlicker as they seem to like using now. There's no such thing as a mixed experience to these people. And to be honest there's no such thing as an opinion when they have their way because the idea of anything being more complex than 'I hate it' or 'I fanboy for it' is an alien concept to them. Even 'I love it' doesnt seem like the adequate stand in as for many of these people that's not a possible scenario, it must just be stans.

Its ridiculous and prevents people who are or aren't enjoying the game from having actual discussions in favor of a loud group who believe opinions can only be as complex as love or hate.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Kojima, give us survival mode as an update! canΒ΄t think of a better game for that.

eating, drinking, sleeping and pissing needs to be mandatory and all those bars need to deplete faster, i would love the shit out of it.

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
Questions (if possible to answer without spoiling):

1. Is the actual "death stranding" event explained in further detail (ie aliens or some other shit)?

2. Are the cities we connect all underground? We deliver these packages to some automated pickup system, then see a hologram of some dude saying thanks. Where is this guy? Is he underground with all the people in the city/station or what?

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Can anybody explain the auto paver/road building system to me, please?
I`ve built a road yesterday and got likes for that everytime other players crossed it. Today I`ve checked and the street doesn`t "belong" to me anymore,
the auto paver doesn`t mention me, says the road was built by [user x] and supported by [users a, b, c]. None of those four streets I`ve built in the third chapter "belongs" to me anymore. Why?

Jan 10, 2018
Btw, I forgot whichever reviewer it was that tweeted how the baby was annoying and crying too much. What a load of horseshit, it's why you can never trust early twitter takes. BB is rarely ever an issue, I'm actually surprised you don't have to take care of him more. I legit would not mind it as it would make the bond stronger. But, BB rarely cries unless you're pushing him to the limit and doesn't need constant cradling.

Yes.

To be fair the people that have issues with the many systems of the game are probably those who rush ahead doing a lot of risky and careless stuff that upset BB. I only ever upset BB when I get caught by enemies or when I go into deep water for too long.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Question : it doesn't serve any purpose to upgrade the building of another player since i wont see it again if i log out, right?

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Questions (if possible to answer without spoiling):

1. Is the actual "death stranding" event explained in further detail (ie aliens or some other shit)?

2. Are the cities we connect all underground? We deliver these packages to some automated pickup system, then see a hologram of some dude saying thanks. Where is this guy? Is he underground with all the people in the city/station or what?

yes to both

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Despite the divisive nature of this game I'm gonna jump in and out of my comfort zone. I don't think I've ever been so conflicted about a game in my life. Theres so many elements that I dont like but then there's things I know I do like. We'll see where I ultimately end up when its all said and done. I feel that I need to see it for myself and if I end up hating it...well...that goes with the risk.

enjoy the journey

Oct 25, 2017

100%

BB has cried maybe twice for me and both times it was because I started floating away down a fast river. Most of the time I forget he's there until he claps or cheers me on.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can anybody explain the auto paver/road building system to me, please?
I`ve built a road yesterday and got likes for that everytime other players crossed it. Today I`ve checked and the street doesn`t "belong" to me anymore,
the auto paver doesn`t mention me, says the road was built by [user x] and supported by [users a, b, c]. None of those four streets I`ve built in the third chapter "belongs" to me anymore. Why?
I would like to know too!

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Here's one of the double ladders I posted about earlier. Sometimes I just added a ladder to someone else's. Btw you can drive over a single ladder with the trike, but it's a bit less nerve wrecking with 2.
ukdy3UD.png

Sorry for phone pic, kind of a PIA to get my screenshots without the FB integration.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
IN my experience, yeah, MULE camps will net you a ton of resources. Just hit all the locked postboxes and you'll usually find multiple metal and ceramic containers (200-400ct). Load the truck up and head to the nearest paver! :)

the best part is you can drive the truck up to the postboxes (even the ones disguised as rocks) and load directly from there into the truck bed. Sweet.

...wait, does container spray work on vehicles?

Also this morning I was totally doing some Sam movements when trying not to fall on my ass with my shitty worn out work shoes in the middle of a snowstorm.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

Yes.
Right.

The first time I fell over or almost got caught by BTs BB was crying. The reviewer made it like it was a constant thing. It hasn't been for me.

Oct 25, 2017
the best part is you can drive the truck up to the postboxes (even the ones disguised as rocks) and load directly from there into the truck bed. Sweet.

Also this morning I was totally doing some Sam movements when trying not to fall on my ass with my shitty worn out work shoes in the middle of a snowstorm.

I know container spray definitely doesn't work on mule vechiles.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018

I said it in the thread about Kojima dismissing negative reviews by saying DS flies too high for US critics and I will repeat it here:

If he were a Character in DS, his Name would be Dodge Critiqueman

(and I love the game so far)

Oct 27, 2017

Yes.
Yeah didn't GB push this angle too? My BB has barely cried in nearly 40 hours, mind you I've only fallen over a handful of times, I'm guessing if you're not paying attention to the terrain you will fall over a lot more.

So disappointed in how some people painted this game before release.

I haven't finished yet but it seems too harshly criticized by a minority and having spent some time with it I can't say I fully understand why. Definitely one of the generations best games IMO. Then again I don't really get the BoTW or RDR2 complaints either, you should know what you're getting yourself into with these types of games.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
1) Are there visual cues for high wind, or is the logic just that "higher elevation = high winds"?
2) Can downwind be used as an advantage to move faster or should it always be treated as a hazard?

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to play more of this damn game but can't cause I'm stuck at work which s doubly bullshit since it's Veteran's day and my birthday. We're a law firm, that means all of the government has the day off, so no courts or anything government. Why the fuck are we open?

Nah, but my brain now associates rust with repair spray.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
This thread moves really fast so I don't know if these are already answered:

- I've got an A and even a C on missions ratings. Does it affect the trophy and can I replay those? One was a main and the other a standard.

- So far I've only explored along the routes I've been doing between the initial four delivery points. Should I have gone out of my way to find something? Or do it in the future? I've seen for example lost cargo for the ludens fan side mission but I haven't got that request. Can/should I go way far where there apparently aren't anymore missions? I guess it's only unclimbable mountain but maybe there are secrets/easter eggs or even optional places/missions?

- Should I be throwing shit and piss grenades to the invisible flying dudes BTs? Or they're for the cthulhu ones once they catch you and gotta fight?

- Game says I just finished episode 2 and I understand it will be difficult to come back to this zone. Is fast travel still a long way to get?

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

- I've got an A and even a C on missions ratings. Does it affect the trophy and can I replay those? One was a main and the other a standard.

- So far I've only explored along the routes I've been doing between the initial four delivery points. Should I have gone out of my way to find something? Or do it in the future? I've seen for example lost cargo for the ludens fan side mission but I haven't got that request. Can/should I go way far where there apparently aren't anymore missions? I guess it's only unclimbable mountain but maybe there are secrets/easter eggs or even optional places/missions?

- Should I be throwing shit and piss grenades to the invisible flying dudes BTs? Or they're for the cthulhu ones once they catch you and gotta fight?

- Game says I just finished episode 2 and I understand it will be difficult to come back to this zone. Is fast travel still a long way to get?

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Don't worry, you'll unlock fast travel at the next chapter. Play each area as long as you like, there is no rush. You're piss/shit grenades are pretty useless, they only temporarily stun BTs and their gazers. The best use is to throw it at a gazer (floating bodies) so they don't catch you, but honestly you should just avoid them. Later on you'll get blood weapons to actually harm BTs.

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
You can retry side deliveries after waiting a bit.
Doing it later is fine.
No idea, I only use the blood ones.
The game just says if you have active deliveries on you they will get lost. You'll be able to return almost immediately.