• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
Love the game.

I am trying to suspend disbelief or maybe I don't get the lore but...there is no way people possessing the insane level of tech in that universe would ever need stuff delivered in the primitive way sam does on his back.

A low tech premise would've made much more sense but Kojima is a mecha geek and somehow wanted to slap two incompatible premises together.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lo4ITjN.gif

After you connect the junk dealer to the UCA network.
What chapter?

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
Love the game.

I am trying to suspend disbelief or maybe I don't get the lore but...there is no way people possessing the insane level of tech in that universe would ever need stuff delivered in the primitive way sam does on his back.

A low tech premise would've made much more sense but Kojima is a mecha geek and somehow wanted to slap two incompatible premises together.
How far are you into the game? At some point, the game does explain why the world is like this.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Got a stupid question.

Why when im using the portable 3d printer to make a bridge or whatnot, i always have my ressources available from the get go, but when im at a station or any other building to upgrade, i only have my ressource i got on myself?

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you can't really bring anything with you is the only purpose to fast travel to basically just get your stuff back quickly?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
What's the best way to get ceramic to help build roads?

Raiding MULE camps?
Make more Standard and Premium Deliveries and you'll get a fuckton of resources to build. Don't bother raiding MULE camps until you start getting a bunch of weapons and tools from the story.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on business trip and I can only think about this game. Really interested to see if my interest in it sticks around when I'm 10+ hours in.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Fuck, after dumping 10 hours into the RedBox rental, I admit defeat.

Going out to buy it tomorrow and playing the SHIT out of it after work for hours. I can't get it off my mind, I just want to deliver shit and hike and build stuff.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible to walk across the entire map (besides Port/Lake Knot)? Because if it is I'm totally doing it once I beat the game.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Got sucked under for the first time, beat the thing but the BT's came right back in less than 3 minutes, pretty bullshit.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
any reason why I cant recycle used up grenades at the distribution center west of capital knot city when i used to be able to?

MortosDer

Oct 27, 2017
Got the game today. 6 hours later, just got to lake knot. Really enjoying going from town to town. Not liking BT sections at all. They drag the game down for me. MULEs are fine, kinda like infiltrating random camps in mgsv. But man, fuck BT sections. I'd rather try my luck in the mountains than having to deal with BTs.
Most of the time I have the chance of going round them but twice now the game has basically forced me into them and I don't like that at all. Maybe the second time was me not finding a way around them but still... It's like, the only reason bt sections feel tense is because you know that if you get caught you're gonna have to waste even more time fighting the damn thing in a game where combat is the weakest point.
Really enjoying the rest of it and haven't even got to the building part.
Does playing on easy reduce BT areas? I really really don't like those. I can see this being an issue the longer the game goes on

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
How far are you into the game? At some point, the game does explain why the world is like this.

Played maybe 4 hours or so.

They can literally materialize stuff out if thin air here.

Also, are there any caves in the open world ? The opening cutscene shows sam taking shelter from time fall in a cave but there never seem to be caves in the open world..

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
That's great!

I'm Just a little further than you are and also loving it So far.

The BB is fine. There are some comical interactions and not as dark as I thought it could be. Of course I haven't seen much of the game yet. Too busy completing orders and getting used to my trike as I speed away from BT and MULE. So fun.
Glad you're loving it too!

I found the Deadman cutscene explaining still mothers was a bit gratuitous and matter-of-fact, but he's a nerdy scientist/diener so imagine social standards/sensibilities aren't really his concern. I guess we should reserve judgement on those topics until we've seen how it all plays out.

Looking forward to getting on the trike. I like that the game is happy to tease and disappoint you when you first come across one x)

I'm Entrust-Cargoman.

This got a genuine lol out of me.

TheTurboFD

Banned
Nov 24, 2017
Just been spending all my time building roads lol Is there anyway to make a contract with people on my friends list?

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017

They explained this pretty early on in the game through I think both the Mail and Interviews lore stuff.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
I have to say. The dopamine hit you get when people use your stuff and leaves likes is the main attraction. I'm on chapter 3 in progress and I've completely forgone the main quest line and just exploring around picking up stuff. What's this about chapter 5? Is it a grind or something?

Has anyone tried a contract? Does it force you off your path? Or just another quest with someone else?

Soulstoner

Oct 27, 2017
Got the game today. 6 hours later, just got to lake knot. Really enjoying going from town to town. Not liking BT sections at all. They drag the game down for me. MULEs are fine, kinda like infiltrating random camps in mgsv. But man, fuck BT sections. I'd rather try my luck in the mountains than having to deal with BTs.
Most of the time I have the chance of going round them but twice now the game has basically forced me into them and I don't like that at all. Maybe the second time was me not finding a way around them but still... It's like, the only reason bt sections feel tense is because you know that if you get caught you're gonna have to waste even more time fighting the damn thing in a game where combat is the weakest point.
Really enjoying the rest of it and haven't even got to the building part.
Does playing on easy reduce BT areas? I really really don't like those. I can see this being an issue the longer the game goes on
Same. They are a drag and stressful for the wrong reasons. I don't want to lose precious cargo and have to trek all the way back to reinstate it. My time is worth more than that.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
Played maybe 4 hours or so.

They can literally materialize stuff out if thin air here.

Also, are there any caves in the open world ? The opening cutscene shows sam taking shelter from time fall in a cave but there never seem to be caves in the open world..
As you get further in (can't remember if it was in Chapter 2 or the beginning of Chapter 3), they do start to explain why it's like that - though whether you agree with the logic behind the explanation is another thing entirely...

From what I can tell, there are no caves like that opening scene. It could be something that happens later in the game than where I'm at though (about 14 hrs in).

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Honestly BTs aren't a big deal outside of that stupid scanner booting up animation where the game just halts for like 20 seconds. The game gives you so many weapons to counter them that sneaking past BTs are pretty trivialized. Well except for Chapter 6. lol

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Wow there's a real asshole mission in chapter 3:

You are transporting the girl and you're forced to drop all your fucking cargo without any warning

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
As you get further in (can't remember if it was in Chapter 2 or the beginning of Chapter 3), they do start to explain why it's like that - though whether you agree with the logic behind the explanation is another thing entirely...

From what I can tell, there are no caves like that opening scene. It could be something that happens later in the game than where I'm at though (about 14 hrs in).
I found one or two small caves. There isn't much. I wish you could tunnel underground and build the roads there. Fuck timefall.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
It sucks that this is the only place to actually discuss this game rationally here.

So much game design to analyze

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just sat through the big intro cutscene for Chapter 5.

The shooting in this game.......sucks!!!

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird af that the parts of this game I expected to be meh on I ended up loving (deliveries, social systems) and the parts I expected to love (BTs, stealth) I ended up not caring for

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Only 2 hours into it but I really love doing deliveries! They put a lot of effort into the cut scenes, setting up the story and I like what they've done.
Only had one combat moment, I dunno if I was meant to run but thats what I did.
I'm glad I ignored the reviews.
Also looks so good on just the base ps4, really surprised by just how good it is.

MortosDer

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird af that the parts of this game I expected to be meh on I ended up loving (deliveries, social systems) and the parts I expected to love (BTs, stealth) I ended up not caring for

Once the PC version comes out, if someone manages to mod out BT areas (except for the obvious story related parts) I'll double dip.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Kojima has managed to gamify the ack of walking in a game. I, and I'm sure most of us here are used to just pushing the joystick forward and having your character automatically move in that direction. Here you have to pay close attention to your balance and where you're walking. After a while you stop paying attention to the "press L2 or R2" button prompts to balance the character and just start looking at the animation and react to that.

You can definitely see how this game is not for everyone. If you are looking for constant explosive stimulus or big action scenes, you won't find them here. What you will find here is almost an introspective experience. You walk through the landscape and you actually have time to think about anything, it might be about the game, it might even be about your own life. You get into this flow while walking and you really get very focused on your movement and how to get where you need to go.

The game can be very frustrating when you don't calculate your route. Today I took a wrong turn and got to a place I was not supposed to be yet and I had to go all the way back to where I was. Since I wanted to arrive to the right place fast, I made a lot of mistakes and got caught 4 or 5 times by the BTs. By the time I arrived to the correct destination, all of the packages were damaged due to the time fall, my stamina was at zero and Sam couldn't stay upright for long. I sat at the terminal floor and started rubbing my shoulders and feet (something you can do on the game), while being completely covered in the black goo BT's leave on you. I laughed because it honestly felt like having a terrible day at work. I have never felt that way before in a game and after 7 hours I'm looking forward to see what other places I will get to explore.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Make more Standard and Premium Deliveries and you'll get a fuckton of resources to build. Don't bother raiding MULE camps until you start getting a bunch of weapons and tools from the story.
TBH I think raiding camps is less time consuming, you just have to mash square pretty much, plus they have a built in truck