• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plumpman

Jan 24, 2018
Man when you get 6-7 premium deliveries done in a row and manage all S rank because of optimal route planning. Feels gooood.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. Went from bridge level 31 to level 55 from when I went to sleep, getting a ton of likes from a road.

The more I play this the more it resembles cookie clicker.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I'm livid. People are not doing shit in my world. I'm almost single handedly paving these damn roads. I'm out for 7 hours and people haven't done a lick.
That's a shame, mine is pretty good. A lot of well placed bridges, generators and safe houses. I think my guys are just doing a job.

Man, I've completely put the story missions on hold while I go around building up & helping others fully construct the highway system in Chapter 3. Was just now able to extend the highway all the way to the Distribution Center South Of Lake Knot City - feels great!

All part of Kojima's master plan, lol.

Folks in my world are very helpful too.

The thing is....I put stuff down for me. Are ppl just not using ladders and ropes in some worlds?

Who else has developed an addiction to Low Roar?

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm expecting an open world game that feels like it was made by Terrance Malik. Should I buy this? I wasn't a MGS player, so I don't have a reference there.

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at the start of Chapter 5, I've been enjoying the game a lot so far.

I did the Junk Dealer chain of orders.

Kind of sweet ending, I liked it. Also, for the most part I thought that the Junk Dealer was her father, so I was really surprised when she said that they should marry. The human delivery was also kind of weird on its own merit.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Man, the stealth system (and arguably combat as a whole) is complete trash. It's going to make this part in chapter 5 frustrating to play through.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to everyone in this OT for the constant chats and back and forth messages while playing, it has felt like a little mini-social strand system right here on Era. @Kindekuma @vestan @brokeastronaut @tkato @Shy @Gen X Thanks again all!
ZOcTmr4.gif

is their somewhere in the menu where I can specifically see how many likes I have on each thing I build? or can I only see the likes when I physically go to the thing
There is. Hit options, then go to the social strand section. Click on your name, and it'll be one of the tabs.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this game is engrossing. Even the stressful parts are still somehow entrancing even if I'm on the edge of my seat because a BT is on top of me, my stamina bar is low and my breath has nearly run out. I just kind of go into a trance as I'm nearly encumbered and damn near crawling through a rubble strewn field. It reminds me of my time with games like Journey or The Last Guardian despite being far more mechanically complex and demanding of your attention. Needless to say I'm enjoying my time with it even early on.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
I finished my highway from lake knot to South not and then i started setting up zip lines everywhere. South to waterfall to farm to weather station and to distro center.

God this game is so damn fun. I love that they still make you do the walking traversal even later on after you have all these toys

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Not quite sure how people are generating so many likes. Even if I build in optimal places I don't get many. I think it's luck of the draw as to how many people your building or item is shared with.
Building out the
highways
always nets me thousands of likes.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I keep going back and forth on this game. I'm somewhere in chapter 3 now and I kind of have been enjoying it, it's much more tolerable with the roads and being able to grab a truck and haul materials around to build things. I only have like 25k likes though even though I've been building a lot of things. It takes way too much materials to build roads and I don't really know how to get them, unless the MULE camps respawn things.

Khoryos

Nov 5, 2019
I keep going back and forth on this game. I'm somewhere in chapter 3 now and I kind of have been enjoying it, it's much more tolerable with the roads and being able to grab a truck and haul materials around to build things. I only have like 25k likes though even though I've been building a lot of things. It takes way too much materials to build roads and I don't really know how to get them, unless the MULE camps respawn things.
Don't forget you can take materials out of anywhere that's joined the UCA. Those stocks can be topped up by doing Material Delivery orders, too.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I know this is nothing compared to what I saw from other players like numbers here but still : I was really happy about getting 75 likes from a route a made very carefully to help players avoid a BT área on chapter 2 lol
Put a lot of effort on making signs marks, putting stairs and ropes on a mountain near the BT area and it felt great to know that I helped some people ( :
10h in and I'm love with this game !

ZeroNr

Oct 20, 2019
Im actually liking the stealth and combat. Its simple but effective. At least i can aim at people, unilke rdr2.

This game is addictive.

Oct 29, 2017
A few questions about road building in chapter 3:

I see that the progress is actually shared across multiple players, without needing to put a request. I completed the first two sections all by myself, and then after a while I started getting many notifications from using my roads as well as people putting material on the next auto-pavers, even a full section was completed without me even doing anything :)

So I'm guessing: the more you contribute, the more other people's efforts show up in your game?

Does that mean, people who never deposit materials, will never see their roads built?

Gaiseric

Aug 4, 2019
Was a little hesitant, but so far so good with this game. Honestly haven't seen why this game deserves a lower than a 90 rating.

Looks great, super polished, crazy sci-fi storyline so far.. ultra-unique mechanics. Unless things go really south moving forward, I feel like most of the negatives were actually people just hating on Kojima for being popular.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so so confused.

"Mules are attracted to cargo, if you don't have any cargo they'll ignore you completely."

so I drop all my cargo outside the perimeter. As soon as one sees me, the music swells and they all chase after me. I can't just walk around the camp at all.

what am I doing wrong?

DiscoThunder

May 7, 2019
So, is the construction of the first highway in Chapter 3 scripted or am I just really lucky I got to finish building it?
I got to strand level 55 in no time, lol

DiscoThunder

May 7, 2019
I'm so so confused.

"Mules are attracted to cargo, if you don't have any cargo they'll ignore you completely."

so I drop all my cargo outside the perimeter. As soon as one sees me, the music swells and they all chase after me. I can't just walk around the camp at all.

what am I doing wrong?
Maybe your shoes? Dunno, I haven't tried

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm so so confused.

what am I doing wrong?

I always assume they're hostile by default. But without cargo their ping cannot find you, making sneaking around infinitely easier.

Would be quite easy to walk into their camp and steal their stashes if they weren't hostile, haha.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so so confused.

what am I doing wrong?

I think it's more like because cargo is tagged they have ways of sensing when it's in their perimeter, but it doesn't mean they aren't still hostile to random intruders

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
just dropped off some lost cargo to the Engineer and it got me to 5 stars real quick, time to test out the Lv. 3 Power Skeleton

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've gotten S rank for every single delivery and haven't got caught by a BT once (and don't see how it will ever happen). Am I doing something wrong?

Late chapter 2

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain the BB mechanic to me? I know he's scared of BTs or whatever and it makes his gauge drop. But it seems like when I stop to soothe him, it makes the gauge drop even further? Am I doing a shit job at rocking him?