• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This game has no ability to be subtle haha

Chapter 3 towards the end

it is I, random npc who you have never seen before getting a dedicated cut scene without showing my face and acting super strange. Please deliver this package to fragile nothing going on here!

And as if that wasnt obvious enough the package literally tells you its a nuke when you pick it up, further destroying any sense of surprise.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Does the private locker work like the inventory boxes in Resident Evil work? If I put something in one main center will it be available in all the others? I know with Postboxes you gotta go to that same postbox but not sure about the big main distribution centers.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Guys, could anyone answer me if the chapters length vary a lot?

I saw on the internet the total amount of chapters, and despite playing it for quite some time, I've just reached chapter 3

I really want this game to last

Lyonaz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man rebuilding that highway in Chapter 3 is so rewarding, I built up from Lake Knot City to the Craftsman with the Engineer halfway. Been trucking along the highway delivering cargo between these 3. Gonna check the auto pavers near the Elder to rebuild the highway over there and deliver all these Elder cargo that people have put in the Shared lockers.

My truck looks about to fall apart though, maybe need to borrow a new one from the MULEs.

I do wonder when I can make a new bike.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
Man rebuilding that highway in Chapter 3 is so rewarding, I built up from Lake Knot City to the Craftsman with the Engineer halfway. Been trucking along the highway delivering cargo between these 3. Gonna check the auto pavers near the Elder to rebuild the highway over there and deliver all these Elder cargo that people have put in the Shared lockers.

My truck looks about to fall apart though, maybe need to borrow a new one from the MULEs.

I do wonder when I can make a new bike.

Do some main missions.

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
Guys, could anyone answer me if the chapters length vary a lot?

I saw on the internet the total amount of chapters, and despite playing it for quite some time, I've just reached chapter 3

I really want this game to last

they do vary a lot, chapter 3 is super long and 4 is short but dont worry this game is really long anyway.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
So, I was too curious and I bought the game intead of waiting. As soon as I got back home I ran Steam and saw the ad for the PC version... fuck me. Oh well, at least the game is weird. Really wierd, and I'm only in chapter 2.

Question: can you have multiple save files? I'd like to show the intro to my friends but I don't want to overwrite my savegame.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
about to head out to the mountain mission. Do I need all these guns? Or should i store them

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
I'm at Episode 3 and don't have my Bridges hat, I think I missed it. Where do you get it from?

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
I just got to the point where the game seems to open up and I can fabricate tools and items now. The universe is so intriguing and the gameplay strangely addictive. Absolutely loving it so far.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I think Heartman had my favourite character introduction so far, surprised by how much I like his story.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
What's with these emails hinting that I should check out places and then nothing seems to be there or happen there.

For instance,

I got an email saying that strange lights appeared near the incinerator from the prologue of the game. I fast travel all the way back to Capital Knot, go there, and there's nothing except BTs. I even get caught and kill the easy dolphin BT and still nothing at the incinerator. This isn't the first email to do this either. Am I missing something?

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
When this game works it's truly amazing. The social aspect of the game is making it like no other, it's nice to be working with others online rather than shooting each other in the face.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm never sure what to bring with me. I'm in chapter 2 and should I have a ladder and anchor at all times? Should I have metals and resins? If not do I store them in a private locker at a distribution center? I'm getting through it but never sure I'm playing it right.

Ladder and anchor are nice, but I barely use them in later game because friendlies have done a lot of the work already and you have more tools. You should always check the terrain on the map and see what you might need. Materials like metals and resins are stuff you should recycle at the closest terminal. You'll want them when it's time to build stuff like bridges and roads. You shouldn't really ever have them on you. Once you see something requiring materials, you need to go to the closest terminal and claim the materials you've recycled. Then load up up and take them to wherever needs them.

Be aware, the materials you recycle are only available at the center. To explain further, if there is a 100 Resins at the Capital Knot City and you recycle 100 more to bring the count to 200, if you go to Port Knot City that 200 Metal will not transfer. You need to recycle materials/build up the materials at each center. They don't transfer. The same goes with your private locker. It's a private locker for that specific center, it's not a global private locker to be accessed anywhere.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Not adding portable music player was an mistake. I am waiting for the storm to end and it would be great to be able to listen to the tracks while waiting.

yeah definitely disappointing.

you'd think with all the music that pops up in those moments he'd have a music played for us to go through those silent moments.

I'm wondering if spotify can play through the game.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
reading OT threads like these is always super interesting to read other peoples opinions, but then you see some posts that just make you WTF and understand why people wouldn't find this game fun, because they want everything explained to them or have no patience to wait for answers to their questions. A lot of this game is figuring things out for yourself, and reading the emails and interviews to build more of the lore.. and I'm all about that shit.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
This game has no ability to be subtle haha

Chapter 3 towards the end

it is I, random npc who you have never seen before getting a dedicated cut scene without showing my face and acting super strange. Please deliver this package to fragile nothing going on here!

And as if that wasnt obvious enough the package literally tells you its a nuke when you pick it up, further destroying any sense of surprise.
My dumbass still got blown up a bunch of times because I didn't know what the game wanted me to do with the nuke. I knew it was a nuke because it tells you, then I blew up South Knot when I drove in. I get what he's doing, it's almost a call back to MGS1 but it falls flat.

Last edited:

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
MYc83sc.gif

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
I'm not enjoying chapter 3 much. Seems like everyone on my server has already built all the roads and bridges. So it's very boring and uninvolving for me

Yup, this is my server as well. Also, people building shit everywhere obviously for the likes, it's a fucking mess. I am kinda considering going all offline with this game but that makes it feel way more pointless though.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
reading OT threads like these is always super interesting to read other peoples opinions, but then you see some posts that just make you WTF and understand why people wouldn't find this game fun, because they want everything explained to them or have no patience to wait for answers to their questions. A lot of this game is figuring things out for yourself, and reading the emails and interviews to build more of the lore.. and I'm all about that shit.

It's totally understandable to not like the game. I enjoy it. But, it is a game about walking and delivering stuff. Also, the enemies like the BTs are lackluster. They aren't really scary and are piss easy. And so far, the story is pretty all over the place and not exactly something I enjoy. It manages to be both overly expository and at the same time absurdly obtuse. I'm not really emotionally connected to any of the characters because the game forgot to set that up.

I'm not enjoying chapter 3 much. Seems like everyone on my server has already built all the roads and bridges. So it's very boring and uninvolving for me.

This is fascinating as I wondered if late players to the game would have an easier time since everyone has already built everything. I guess so.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

I completely understand why people don't like this game.

I just don't like how certain people on this forum can't understand people who do.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm livid. People are not doing shit in my world. I'm almost single handedly paving these damn roads. I'm out for 7 hours and people haven't done a lick.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, this is my server as well. Also, people building shit everywhere obviously for the likes, it's a fucking mess. I am kinda considering going all offline with this game but that makes it feel way more pointless though.
That's a shame, mine is pretty good. A lot of well placed bridges, generators and safe houses. I think my guys are just doing a job.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah seriously, most of the stuff I had to make myself. I see a lot more post boxes and generators than anything else.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Errrrr....

This can't be the ending. I'm only in Episode12 but the credits are rolling. Are their multiple endings and I did the wrong one or something. Maybe this is a classic Kojima fake out and these aren't the real final credits.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Ladder and anchor are nice, but I barely use them in later game because friendlies have done a lot of the work already and you have more tools. You should always check the terrain on the map and see what you might need. Materials like metals and resins are stuff you should recycle at the closest terminal. You'll want them when it's time to build stuff like bridges and roads. You shouldn't really ever have them on you. Once you see something requiring materials, you need to go to the closest terminal and claim the materials you've recycled. Then load up up and take them to wherever needs them.

Be aware, the materials you recycle are only available at the center. To explain further, if there is a 100 Resins at the Capital Knot City and you recycle 100 more to bring the count to 200, if you go to Port Knot City that 200 Metal will not transfer. You need to recycle materials/build up the materials at each center. They don't transfer. The same goes with your private locker. It's a private locker for that specific center, it's not a global private locker to be accessed anywhere.

Ok so don't store metals, recycle them?

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
That sucks, i had a blast building roads from chp3-4. Pretty much build the road from end to end over 4 hours. Matter fact the only thing i did in chap3 was build roads, seems on my server other players are just putting shit all over the place so i just focused on what will likely be used the most, roads.

Any tips on getting ceramics? Gonna tackle the road off to the right side of the map next.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Errrrr....

This can't be the ending. I'm only in Episode12 but the credits are rolling. Are their multiple endings and I did the wrong one or something. Maybe this is a classic Kojima fake out and these aren't the real final credits.

I think I read that there are (number of episodes)

14 episodes