• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How to i upgrade structure? I got 4 stars in the capital city and went to west knot, but i still cannot upgrade the watch tower at the beginning

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Got 10k likes this past hour just from other players. Now at 70k. Wonder how much I'll be at when I go to bed and wake up lol.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you're nearing the end of Episode 3 then you've already experienced it, gonna put the moment under a screenshot and spoiler tag to see if you recognise it. This really gave me "going to Mexico in RDR with Far Away playing in the background" vibes. Coming down the mountain to be faced with unknown territory with the mist in front of you and the Timefall farm off in the distance with this playing in the background was genuinely magical and is easily my favourite moment this gen. I felt what Sam was feeling in that moment. A mix of melancholy and loneliness, but also relief, knowing that after braving the wastes once again, we're finally close to our destination. We're finally "home".

qy2G6du.png

But yeah, these are easily my favourite moments of the game. It really lets you kick back to take in the scenery and you know you won't be interrupted by MULEs or BTs (for long anyway).

Yeah that was my most recent one actually! That was a fantastic choice too. You're right that these are some of the best moments, especially knowing you wont be interrupted. There was actually one that oddly annoyed me a lot in episode 3 where the path you take as it plays pretty much pushes you through MULE. These moments are the highlights to me and I'd really rather be left alone by everything else in the game to just enjoy the moment.

There was also another moment in the episode where the optimal route would take you through BT's during a song so had to take a detour to enjoy it. Hopefully it's not something that will happen to often.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Chapter 3 spoilers
I feel like I'm about to leave this area, they want me back at the first city here, do we come back to this central region? I built a lot of road

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah that was my most recent one actually! That was a fantastic choice too. You're right that these are some of the best moments, especially knowing you wont be interrupted. There was actually one that oddly annoyed me a lot in episode 3 where the path you take as it plays pretty much pushes you through MULE. These moments are the highlights to me and I'd really rather be left alone by everything else in the game to just enjoy the moment.

There was also another moment in the episode where the optimal route would take you through BT's during a song so had to take a detour to enjoy it. Hopefully it's not something that will happen to often.
If you're at where I think you're at, then you have another song coming up. This one was probably my second favourite simply because you don't run into any enemies. It's just you, your cargo, the land, and an awesome song.

Also the game seems to really be about avoiding BTs and MULEs all together. I've kind of made it a thing to just completely swerve out their path.

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
When people say wait til you get to Chapter 3 do they mean Episode 3? Because I cant see how it took reviewers "hours" to get to episode 3.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
to be fair they've been explained and presented at length, I guess it's just a matter of perspective. You really can't imagine why anyone would find any issue with any part of the game? Like, here's a pretty objective one: the incredibly small text with no accessibility options for it.
I've avoided a lot about this game and don't recall any obvious problems with the game, hence my post.

Text, sure, but that's a rather minor complaint in the grand scheme of things imo. I'm referring to whatever caused some to give the 3s and 5/10s I recall seeing, which I have to assume would come from far greater issues.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I only just got the wind farm but somehow I'm really looking forward to finding out how many likes all the ladders and ropes I threw down last night have pulled in.

Last edited:

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
So, i've put in about 12h into the game. Its absolutely incredible. Its hard to describe exactly why its fun, but I know i'm addicted to this weird game.

I'm only in the beginning phases of Episode 3, but so far, the sequence/moment that cues up 'Asylum for the feeling' to finally play in-game might be one of my favorite moments of the generation. This game might be one of my favorite of the generation.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you're at where I think you're at, then you have another song coming up. This one was probably my second favourite simply because you don't run into any enemies. It's just you, your cargo, the land, and an awesome song.

Also the game seems to really be about avoiding BTs and MULEs all together. I've kind of made it a thing to just completely swerve out their path.

Oh nice, I'll be looking forward to the next one then, plus I've been seeing a lot of mentions of episode 4 that are interesting to say the least.

I think I'm probably gonna start travelling around them more to be honest. I'm entirely sick of dealing with MULE, those guys seem designed to get on my nerves lol. Dont mind the BT's as much but I don't tend to slow down for them either as a lot of people seem to be doing. Found that you can more or less walk through and only crouch and hold breath briefly when they spot you. But again the soundtrack issue gives a good reason to just avoid them all together anyway

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
I built like 5 stretches of road today. Took forever to build the resources. Nobody seems to be helping past the initial burst from the start of the area and I'm trying to get it all the way to South knot.

MegaMix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I just hate this game so far. It is very tedious and boring. I've been playing for hours,and still in Chapter 2.Recently got the bike and it slightly made things better but not by much.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Reading all these impressions just further confirms my suspicions all along. Glad I gave this game a wide berth.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I just hate this game so far. It is very tedious and boring. I've been playing for hours,and still in Chapter 2.Recently got the bike and it slightly made things better but not by much.

It's probably safe to say you aren't going to enjoy it much then. Episode 3 was definitely better than 2 in many ways but the game wasnt actively irritating me by 2 either.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I built like 5 stretches of road today. Took forever to build the resources. Nobody seems to be helping past the initial burst from the start of the area and I'm trying to get it all the way to South knot.
I'm in the same boat. I'm wondering if the game caps your support because it feels like with 100 people this should be long done. Instead I'm building almost the entire path.

VanEpoch

Oct 29, 2017
Why has my auto-arrange button disappeared from the Manage Cargo screen? This isn't cool.

Last edited:

dynamitejim

Oct 25, 2017
I was prepared to not like this game considering I give up on most open world games, even darlings of the genre like RDR2 and BOTW, but 15 hours in I'm absolutely loving it. All I want to do is keep playing. Then again, Horizon: Zero Dawn is my favorite open world game so maybe it's just that Decima magic.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I fought a squid and died. People weren't kidding about the boss fights. Do you really just throw grenades? That's it? And do poop and pee grenades not damage bosses?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Really curious as to how people even managed to finish this game in 30 hours. I'm 32 hours in and there's no end in sight.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Aw crap. I had some cargo on a vehicle for a story mission, but I parked the vehicle in the garage to repair it and now the cargo is gone. It's not attached anymore. So, I guess I have to redploy and get it from where I got the mission, right?

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Lol, if you're annoyed now these later missions are absolute killers.
Yeah, idk, I just feel like the game design is so hostile to the player, it's like nothing is easy or convenient. When people say the game doesn't respect your time, this is probably part of what they are talking about. I wish I knew why it feels that way to me but other people are able to enjoy it :/
Aw crap. I had some cargo on a vehicle for a story mission, but I parked the vehicle in the garage to repair it and now the cargo is gone. It's not attached anymore. So, I guess I have to redploy and get it from where I got the mission, right?
It's in your private locker

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
By the way, a tip for anyone using an LG OLED with HDR and who wants a more life-like HDR image.

Firstly turn all your lights off so your room is pitch black, then in PS4 HDR test set up/settings, when it asks you to click brightness left or right until the image is almost invisible, for each page, click left or right only until the image first disappears completely, but not one click more. You don't want to be able to see even the slightest or faintest bit of the test image, even when squinting or really looking for it.

Then after clicking to when you cannot see any image but not one click more, do two clicks to the direction of visibility, instead of one. The first click will make the test image visible, but only incredibly vaguely, as in you'll have to really squint to see it. The second click will increase visibility but still leave things hardly visible.

You want the second visibility click for each of the 3 brightness test pages.

Do this, and you'll have what is in my opinion the optimal and most life-like contrast and brightness for HDR, at least with the games default HDR settings (50% luminosity in-game).

Doing the test with one click in the direction of visibility for each of the 3 test pages makes the in-game image a tad too bright or washed out, and three clicks makes things ever so slightly too crushed. Two clicks seems to be ideal.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017

This really seems like a love it or hate it kind of game, and you know which category you fall into within the first hour. If you can't get enjoy the gameplay right from the start, it's not going to "grow" on you over time. For me though, I'm loving every minute of it!

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
I now understand that one dude who compared this to breath of the wild, because that exact same switch hit for me. The stuff that's suppose to feel tedious to me just doesn't. The world is just so...isolated and cold but has a sense of calmness to it. It has me fully sucked in.

What a great ass video game so far 12 hours in.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I now understand that one dude who compared this to breath of the wild, because that exact same switch hit for me. The stuff that's suppose to feel tedious to me just doesn't. The world is just so...isolated and cold but has a sense of calmness to it. It has me fully sucked in.

What a great ass video game so far 12 hours in.

I feel the exact same way.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Things are kind of reminding me of Tomorrow Children in a way. The weird, off melancholy, non-traditional exploration gameplay, the online cooperative building construction, and giant monsters coming out of nowhere. Wish that hadn't shut down.