• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
I caved and just got through the prologue, glad I did. All I know so far is I really REALLY want to try the shit Kojima smokes

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im in another city from my delivery but my canister is worth 200 likes, should i just deliver it from the other City or will i lose a lot of likes?

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet fucking Jesus lmao:
assume this can just happen randomly but I went to play with BB and he just smashed his head though the pod only to reveal that it was an hallucination. Scared the fuck out of me

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how do those delivery posts or whatever they're called that you find out in the wild work? Does someone else have to actually pick stuff up and drop it off for you? Do you only get a reward when they finally drop things off?

Feb 4, 2018
I've gone from "I don't think I'll really like this game" to "this is one of the greatest video game experiences I've ever had" awfully quickly.
I'm just now starting Chapter Three and I've had the complete opposite experience over the last thirty minutes. The game's themes and... world(?) are amazing but I'm not sure the gameplay does anything to support it.

Game's tedious, yo.

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still loving this game a lot. Played maybe 20-30 hours, am in chapter 5. Sooo satisfying doing progressively bigger deliveries.

Anybody tried shooting and killing a mule? what happens?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game is really addicting. I had shit to do tonight but I've been sitting here debating whether to go drop off a ton of lost packages back where I just came from or advance on to the next city. Fucking porters making me do their jobs for them!

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Still loving this game a lot. Played maybe 20-30 hours, am in chapter 5. Sooo satisfying doing progressively bigger deliveries.

Anybody tried shooting and killing a mule? what happens?

Dead humans will eventually turn into BTs if left to necrotizing for in-game time of 48 hours.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
Was super cynical and critical about this game.

I really think its beautiful and original and might actually be a new sub genre.

The sound and art of this game are sublime. Its so calming and meditative.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
It does really suck that this game doesn't support Spotify, tbh.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just got to chapter 3 and WOW this game is crazy good. I really wonder what gripes people had with this. It's been a wild ride so far, and there aren't any glaring flaws I see in it really. My first surprise encounter with a BT was a trip, and is easily a top five experiences in a game this year.

And people blew off the "New Stranding Genre" quotes, but this really does feel like a new experience in that aspect. It's like the crossover elements of a game like Bloodborne or the hints you could share in Wind Waker HD but far more involved.

Oct 29, 2017
The BT fights, purely on the technical aspects, are quite possibly the most impressive thing I have ever seen in a videogame, period.

And the very first one I encountered, one of the most tense moments I have ever experienced in all of my gaming years. And it was such a great relief afterwards, to be able to recover my bike and my cargo.

Nearing 13 hours played, just started chapter 3. This is a great game so far, even if tedium was setting in a couple of times. It truly feels like a breath of fresh air.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Just reached Chapter 3. Been loving my time with it so far. And 'dying' (only once so far in chapter 2) blew my mind. Is the effect truly dynamic? It's been talked about for the last couple of years but seeing it is something.

Feels like there is a dozen of nice touches I want to comment on but it is 3 am... Some random ones:
- The natural formation of the environments and your full interaction with them is impressive. Especially the million little mossy stubs or mountainsides of pebbles... Feels way more real than any game before it.
- Your cargo and how you fit it is dynamically affected by wind. Overall the physics involved with the cargo is top notch.
- The social aspect is pretty strong. This game is actually quite busy despite all the talk of solitary and tranquility.
- Timefall rain that fast forwards time is such a cool gameplay enabler and neat idea for why things need building and constant maintenance by the community.
- The real time changes to the landscape due to BT encounter is the coolest series of effects.

Last edited:

juxjuxjux

Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Recently made it to Episode 5, and I'm while I agree that it's hard to recommend this game to flat out anyone, I'm genuinely surprised at some of the strong hate I'd been reading / hearing about this game. Maybe my low expectations are having an effect, but I'm having a really great time. It's certainly not perfect, but it doesn't seem deserving of the vitriol I've been seeing. Can't wait to play more.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Does anyone get a black box that occasionally flickers covering the upper-left quadrant of the screen whenever BB is on-screen in a cutscene? I'm playing on the PS4 Pro and I'm wondering if it's something like the resolution is in 4K while some BB-related effect is only rendering at 1080P, hence covering a perfect 25% of the screen.

It's not a huge deal, but it's a little distracting from Mads's beautiful face.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
If it helps, always show gratitude - or ERA are skewing the numbers?
To be fair, it is an extremely useful bridge as it leads directly to a prepper

pxJs4ly.png

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Recently made it to Episode 5, and I'm while I agree that it's hard to recommend this game to flat out anyone, I'm genuinely surprised at some of the strong hate I'd been reading / hearing about this game. Maybe my low expectations are having an effect, but I'm having a really great time. It's certainly not perfect, but it doesn't seem deserving of the vitriol I've been seeing. Can't wait to play more.

honestly i think the reason why this game is hard to recommend is because all the AAA games are not paced this way in terms of gameplay. This is more of a case that the game system mechanics are good but you have to ask yourself is the idea of traveling and delivering things sound appealing. Thats why its so hard to recommend, low expectations or not this game is blowing me away.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Question about the bridge link system: do I get credit for likes/use of a bridge I used materials to help finish? Because I've built ladders and random things here and there, but the only big thing I built was I donated 600 metal to finish someone else's bridge near the beginning, and somehow I've amassed 15000 likes and went from 20 to 55 Bridge Link in a few hours.

Is there a way to check what is specifically getting likes?

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The likes really start ramping up when you build some roads, am well over 40k now!

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Only half ways through, or maybe 2/3rds but, you guys feel like these cutscenes are well staged/choreographed but really lack the narrative impact of past Kojima games? The dialogue rarely flows well.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just created two and got tons of likes...seems like people like dem bridges lmao

i just make a lot of delivery post remember guys if you see any packages that are lost drop them off at your local delivery post box. Send the likes my way if you see them i always tag my postbox with use freely. Keep the lost cargo moving get them to there desired locations.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
These BB detector arm animations are driving me crazy. It is bad enough that I can't abort the animation of it turning on, but the worst is when you are speeding away from some BTs and it slows down time to make you watch its closing animation. I have crashed and driven off cliffs because it slows down time, locks the camera super close to the bike, then speeds up time again the whole time I can barely see where I am driving.

I really hope they let you disable those.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
i just make a lot of delivery post remember guys if you see any packages that are lost drop them off at your local delivery post box. Send the likes my way if you see them i always tag my postbox with use freely. Keep the lost cargo moving get them to there desired locations.
Im moving on a truck, picking everything i see and then deliverying

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Keep building them bridges dudes and dudettes! They can be super useful!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
On the porter grade screen and in the bridge link menu, what do the colours on the star mean?

People seem to have random different colours when I view their in-game bridge links. Are they a certain colour for a reason?

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
It does really suck that this game doesn't support Spotify, tbh.
It reminds me of when Marty O'Donnell was in charge of audio for the Bungie games. The day after he left they added a music volume slider. Some directors just want every last bit of control to curate the experience exactly how they envision it.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Still early on, but I've been streaming this so my buddy across the country (he moved over there to work at Bethesda) and others in our circle could check it out.

They are all suitably onboard with how weird and amazing this (evolving) gameplay loop is.

Can't wait to get to some of the places many of you are referencing! Also... are the #0 #1 and #2 things worth it once you get the uh, you know, blood things?

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
Just got to the start of chapter 3 and im officially sold on this game. Started off liking it but unsure if I'd be able to stick with it for the long haul buts it's really grown on me these past 9 hours. It taps into something. I don't know.

That trek at the end of chapter 2 was crazy. Took me two hours to do the whole thing but, when i saw the next city just over the mountain and the music started playing? Chills. Im finally there.

Fuck.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
For those that have finished the game already:

I don't think it's much of a spoiler, but i'd like to be careful either way.

Does this game has that kind of ending where it opens up after the final cutscene and your map remains for you to finish side stuff?

I really want to focus on the story content right now, but it would be such a shame to need a new game plus to explore all the extra it has to offer.

Hope that's not the case.