• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pigbottom

Nov 3, 2017
Berlin, Germany
The 10 second long unskippable sequence of detecting BTs nearby gets old like the 2nd time it happens.
They're becoming more of a pain than a tense sneaking section, since I have my cargo on my bike and I need to take it through this valley that is covered in BTs, while timefall is damaging the contents and I always get caught.
The reliance on the vehicle and the certainty of being caught by BTs makes it a lot less tense and just annoying

This is my biggest problem with the game so far. It's really annoying. I'm trying to max the reps for the first area and this one little thing is sucking all the fun out of it. :(

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Far as I can tell it just seems to happen in certain areas. It's really not a big deal though takes a lot to go through the container to even start damaging cargo.
I could be wrong but I don't think cargo ever gets damaged by the rain? Only the container will get ruined, leaving the cargo itself intact but susceptibable to severe damage if you take a tumble.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I could be wrong but I don't think cargo ever gets damaged by the rain? Only the container will get ruined, leaving the cargo itself intact but susceptibable to severe damage if you take a tumble.
Oh I just assumed since I never was in the rain long enough to destroy a container. But sorry about mixing up info.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
Mannn FOMO is kicking in hard. I have enough in the wallet to pull the trigger but keep talking myself out of it. Then I come back to this thread and get the urge to be a future delivery man

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Put another 13 hours into the game today. Still in chapter 5. Building roads is my thing. It's so good. I am loving every second of this game.

GroovySnake

Jun 10, 2018
USA
Right on! A couple days and about 10 hours in, really cool game! Love the story, really immersed in the world and it's unique feel, dig the gameplay as well. I say thumbs up to Hideo and co.

One question, I'm still not fully sure how donating chiral crystals works. How many should you donate (via the recycle button) at each location? Since I got one piece of new equipment from doing that so far, is this a main way of unlocking new equipment to build?

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's still surprisingly crazy that it didn't get even more though, this is another BotW experience for me. Is it because it came out after that it's not as novel?? IGN's reviews stands out the most they usually love new ideas and unique takes on formulas.

My early theory is, many reviewers just didn't consume it in a proper fashion. Rushing to beat this game likely makes it annoying flaws much more apparent. This is a 10 hours a session monthly game for me. I'll have a much different impression if I had to finish in a week.
Reviewers had it for close to a month before the embargo.

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
Bit the bullet and bought it. God damn this game is pretty as hell. Digging music and environment a lot, wonder if this game will hold my interest.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Does each base/NPC have only a certain amount of standard missions they give out, or are they endless? I'll probably do them all if it's only a certain amount.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Possibly dumb questions:
  • Just how close can you get to BT's without being detected? If you're still but close to them, can you be detected?
  • Is there no way to get more stamina than 4 bars? The Monster Energy shit doesn't seem to last very long and 4-bars doesn't translate to much in the way of breath holding.
Is waiting out the Timefall a thing that I can do? I am hunched over under a cliff, waiting, but I feel like I have been waiting for an awful long amount of time, haha.
some places in the game, it seems like the rain is part of the plot points. Like, they want you to deal with BTs sometimes whether you want to or not.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
This is my biggest problem with the game so far. It's really annoying. I'm trying to max the reps for the first area and this one little thing is sucking all the fun out of it. :(
So are BT areas essentially a hidden limit to how far you can travel in a vehicle? Would abandoning the bike, deliberately getting pulled, and beating the boss allow you to then get through with a bike?

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, so leaving all your cargo right outside a Mule perimeter makes dealing with them a non-issue. Took me way too long to realize this.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I tried the same thing, and they'd still try to fight me the second they saw me. I wasn't carrying anything. Unless things like blood bags and grenades count as cargo, too?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Chapter 1+2 is the Divine Plateau, and Chapter 3 is Hyrule Field.

I can't even with the Chapter 4 teases.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mannn FOMO is kicking in hard. I have enough in the wallet to pull the trigger but keep talking myself out of it. Then I come back to this thread and get the urge to be a future delivery man

Honestly I think it's a pretty flawed game but I still really like it. I'm not one to really enjoy heavy cut scenes unless I find the story intriguing, but the actual gameplay stuff is really good.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
Just got to Chapter 3. This game is sublime. And the extra mechanics and upgrades it's now layering in make it even better.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if you eventually unlock a music player to listen to music outside of your room? I get if it's not available because Kojima didn't wanna take away from those moments where music suddenly kick in but it'd be nice if in the post game you can listen to it whenever.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
For the life of me, I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I tried the same thing, and they'd still try to fight me the second they saw me. I wasn't carrying anything. Unless things like blood bags and grenades count as cargo, too?
That might be it. I usually take everything off except my strand to tie them up. I assume anything in a box/container they can scan.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Oh god this Chapter 3 Fragile scene.

You seriously want to reveal Fragile's body through a shower scene???

Man, Kojima you can't help yourself.

Lea Seydoux is so bad in this.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Got to chapter 3. Really enjoying the trekking cargo from destination to destination.

Not really enjoying anything to do with BTs whether it's fighting them or sneaking past them. Also I don't care for the story, characters, or the dialogue. The only reason I'm not just skipping through all of them is because I'm only playing it once and I might as well watch it.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many skippable cut scenes for just delivering cargo to a terminal, also all the animations in the private room. Having to pause then skip every time I drink a can of Monster gets tedious when I'm drinking 3-4 at a time to increase my stamina. I wish there was an option to turn these off or something.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Spent a lot of time building roads in chapter 3 with the truck that I stole from MULEs. Hope you like it. Gonna rest now.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
does Claiming materials from a place take them from another, or should I always claim those materials

It removes them from that outpost's stash (which you'd also need for building supplies.) I've been raiding them all for building materials, and completing deliveries(/other stuff?) replenishes their stocks.

Pigbottom

Nov 3, 2017
Berlin, Germany
So are BT areas essentially a hidden limit to how far you can travel in a vehicle? Would abandoning the bike, deliberately getting pulled, and beating the boss allow you to then get through with a bike?

You can get through with the bike most times but it's really annoying co's every time that you get near a group of BT it does that cinematic where it zooms in on your shoulder and it effectively locks the game for several seconds.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
You can get through with the bike most times but it's really annoying co's every time that you get near a group of BT it does that cinematic where it zooms in on your shoulder and it effectively locks the game for several seconds.
I went through one first time I got the bike absolutely no problem, I was like wow that makes things so much easier. Second time I tried, immediately got grabbed and pulled to a complete stop even though I was boosting...seems you still have to avoid direct contact lol

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do any of the treks get longer? Pretty deep into Chapter 3 so far, and I feel like all of the locations in the game are very close to each other. I wish those moments of isolation as you make your way across the terrain to a new area were simply longer.

Maybe it would be a more interesting if we had to discover these locations on our own. When the location is just marked on your man, it takes away a lot of the tension in making the journey.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
This game went from a 6 to a 10 the moment I got the powered exosuit. God damn.
I got my level 2 exosuit and thinking how it made balance a lot easier. I then proceeded to be running on flat ground and tripped over some rocks and ate dirt because I didn't catch my balance in time. Was funny had to pick up my stuff after.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Can i see how long I've played? Is there an in game timer?
Go into the Bridge menu where you can see all the players you interacted with. You are on top of one of those lists,click you name and you get a lot of game informations. Another way is to watch the summary after a delivery. It shows your level, game time, distance walked and packages delivered.

Anyone knows how to connect/share world with PSN friends? Or is it purely random like Journey/Soulsborne?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Be sure to bring the Engineer encampment to four stars for LVL3 exoskeleton. It's a game changer and gets even better on higher levels.

The Engineer was the true homie until I did The Craftsman's loyalty mission.

The amount of positive reinforcement you get in this game is addicting.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Pro tip, someone mentioned it earlier, press circle if you're losing your balance. Way better than trigger buttons

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
So im on my way to the third station and it started to rain, I found a cave that grants cover........can I wait this out? Because this rain seems purposely done.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I'm deep in chapter 3 now and this game keeps finding ways to surprise the hell out of me. Incredible video game.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I feel like they overdid it with the amount of ladders, bridges and climbing ropes the game shows you from other players if you play it online. Practically every path is signposted already and it's only day two. I had to turn off the signs showing up on the map as people had signposted where all the enemies in the area were.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
What is the best way to level up an area? Delivering lost packages and missions?

If I build stuffs and get more likes, does it contribute to leveling up the area?