• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I love making it to a new destination and then turning back around and going back to the one before, picking up all the lost cargo between and making sure those parcels get to their rightful home.

d161c0e6-e928-4bbf-8tvkg1.jpeg

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I'M SO FUCKING GLAD PATIENCE IS IN THE GAME

That gave me fucking chills man. Walking to the Distro Center at Lake Knot with that playing in the background was actual gooseskin. If St. Eriksplan is in the game I'm gonna go nuts.

2003-09-17_Goose_bumps.jpg

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
a4UV1ym.jpg

Having stumbled through the forest and lost my cargo to a BT attack once before, I decided to take the more perilous trek through the mountainside. The mist rising from the timefall permeated the forest below, a reminder of the dangers that lurked there. I made my way through the rocky ridges, slowly and carefully. I was making good progress.

Until my device suddenly clicked intensely and I was INSTANTLY dragged back down into the forest, the camera switching to first person view as I slid through the muck, with all my cargo lost behind me, in the mountains. I sprinted. Ran for my life! Eventually, after a long chase and many close calls, the Cthulhu squid monster chasing me faded, and I received a transmission that I was safe.

I returned to the mountain to retrieve my cargo, and finished making my way to the power station.

What an intense ride that was.
Damn. Wild ride. I love how you get to decide your route and each have their advantages with possible pitfalls.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So how do I use resins? I am at a waystation, but no option to use them? Do I have to directly use them to repair structures? I assumed they broke down into my materials inventory? Or maybe I haven't gotten far enough along in the story?
Pick the recycle option on the delivery menu. Resin is a material for building.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
- why show Fragiles ass in an early shot just after she
showed and told you that she's wrinkly from neck to toe because of the timefall?
It actually would have been an interesting subversion of Kojima's reputation if they'd shown:

Her old, wrinkled ass outside the leather pants, just to mess around with people who've grown used to his lecherous tendencies.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone with the Digital Deluxe version get their code for Timefall yet? They are supposed to e-mail you a code with a link but I have yet to see mine. Description on the store said it was going to be available on the 8th.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
What about a collaboration between Kojima and the No Man's Sky team for part 2?

Kojima's brilliance in story telling + traveling from planet to planet with insane graphics using a Norman Reedus sounds good to me.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Do they really expect people to complete standard orders by walking all the way back to the capital? lol seems insane now

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Also is there a way to cancel an order you've started? I've picked a standard order up and I'm kinda regretting it
Is it one of the first three you can do? I picked up those and I had no room for the mega big Sam order. But that one says doing it on foot would be hard - so I just left it for now. The other three have you stop back at each station you've been to before returning to the first city. I think that's what the game wants/expects you to do?

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
Is it one of the first three you can do? I picked up those and I had no room for the mega big Sam order. But that one says doing it on foot would be hard - so I just left it for now. The other three have you stop back at each station you've been to before returning to the first city. I think that's what the game wants/expects you to do?
Yeah it's one of the three at the wind warm. Once I left the facility I got a pop saying I can cancel standing orders but it might take about 12 hours before I can redo it

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just complaining about the Bts but getting the toolbox back in chapter 3 was real tense. Really recognise the guy who gives you the mission but can't think where from

horsebite

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Do they really expect people to complete standard orders by walking all the way back to the capital? lol seems insane now
I delivered a ton of lost HEAVY cargo all the way back there 😂. Why not? Made it easier by placing some strategic ropes & ladders. Gotta hope someone smashes that 'like' button and all!

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I delivered a ton of lost HEAVY cargo all the way back there 😂. Why not? Made it easier by placing some strategic ropes & ladders. Gotta hope someone smashes that 'like' button and all!
Hmm tempting actually. That notification of getting likes makes me feel good >_>

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
The ordradek cinematic that happens every time you're in BT territory....gets old.

Once or twice is cool, then the game should have ot do it's thing without the pause, zoom in, transformer animation....then the player can resume control.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
After setting hdr and brightness settings using the in game options does anyone find it a little too dark ?

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone with the Digital Deluxe version get their code for Timefall yet? They are supposed to e-mail you a code with a link but I have yet to see mine. Description on the store said it was going to be available on the 8th.

I'm waiting for this as well. By the way, I'm absolutely loving this game and I'm only on chapter 2.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Anyone know how to get a vehicle on the episode/chapter 3 area? I miss my bike :(
Finish up Order 21 (it's like the third/fourth order you complete once you get to Lake Knot) then you'll get the blueprint to start being able to fabricate Reverse Trikes at any UCA Distribution Center.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
The ordradek cinematic that happens every time you're in BT territory....gets old.

Once or twice is cool, then the game should have ot do it's thing without the pause, zoom in, transformer animation....then the player can resume control.

same for the private room, i skip all animations since after the fifth room. luckily they are treated like cutscenes

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
So is it possible for everyone to work together to build a road across the entire country?

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York

Yea there's way too many short ingame cutscenes like that which are extremely annoying.

defiant04

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Not a judgement on any person or reviewer who dislikes the game, but I partially wonder if it has anything to do with the power fantasy aspect of games (or lack thereof in DS) that is throwing them off. Death Stranding definitely makes you feel not so powerful, to the point where getting a bike makes you feel extreme gratitude.

So far I'm absolutely in love with it. Haven't played a game 6 hours straight in years. Definitely do not understand the takes of some of the gaming press. Especially the ones who hated the first 10 hours. Each to their own though. I just know now that I won't trust Giant Bomb for any critical analysis. They are purely entertainment value at this point for me.

I've listened to them for years and I've noticed that they can be overly cynical about games. will definitely need to redbox this game to judge it for myself.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Man every other DS thread is an excuse for people to shit on a game they haven't played.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Finish up Order 21 (it's like the third/fourth order you complete once you get to Lake Knot) then you'll get the blueprint to start being able to fabricate Reverse Trikes at any UCA Distribution Center.
Oh amazing :) thanks vestan coming to the rescue as usual. I'm in order 22 right now so I may have the ability already. I'll head back to Lake Knot soon and check.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any analysis of the HDR, struggling to land on settings that I like. The brightness in game thing (make picture on left invisible) seems too dark.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
The world is interesting, the characters and their backgrounds also, and the graphics are superb. But the entire concept falls flat on its face with the walking around part, will see how this goes when I unlock vehicles.

This would have been waay better as a post-apocalyptic truck driver with the occassional convoy attacks like in a Mad Max movie.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I feel like this is the opposite to RDR2 so far.

Didn't do so well critically (although not terrible) but seems to be getting very positive feedback from people playing.

I remember the first day of Red Dead people starting turning on that game very quickly. I personally loved it though.

99 percent of reception has to do with being platform exclusive or not. Almost all multiplats are received negatively on the internet (yet still sell much more than the exclusives)

Although this is technically in superior form on windows pc i guess eventually.

Of course there are exceptions that prove the rule.

Lets say call of duty. Im sure most chatter toward it is negative and it has little hype, yet it will outsell almost all games with ease.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
The world is interesting, the characters and their backgrounds also, and the graphics are superb. But the entire concept falls flat on its face with the walking around part, will see how this goes when I unlock vehicles.

This would have been waay better as a post-apocalyptic truck driver with the occassional convoy attacks like in a Mad Max movie.
How far are you

horsebite

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Has there been any analysis of the HDR, struggling to land on settings that I like. The brightness in game thing (make picture on left invisible) seems too dark.
I turned up brightness so the left was barely visible and set up HDR afterwards. The HDR setting menu is weird. Used to having a luminance and paper white setting but I'm not sure what it's controlling in this game. All I see that changes in the reference image is the sky becoming blown out or dark, but no change to anything else.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
What button do I press to retract ladders and go into bridge menus. It looks like the analog stick pressed down but that's not working. Pressed every button and nothing makes the menu pop up...

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
Only played a few hours. Liking it. Only issue I have is the PS4 theme I got for pre-ordering won't unlock. Keeps saying I need to purchase it from the store.

Try refreshing your licenses. On your PS4s main menu go to [SETTINGS]->[ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT]->[RESTORE LICENSES]

Worked for me when I had a similar issue recently.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
After spending a considerable amount of time in the Lake Knot City private room, it's time to make my first few deliveries in the region. Gotta deliver some Gun Parts, Anti-BT Weapons, an Evo-devo unit and some Prescription Medicine. I decided to go deliver all of these to the three preppers in one go around so I made sure to pack a bunch of Hematic Grenades and Blood Bags for any sneaky BTs that are looking to try some shit, and two PCCs to build a Watchtower to scout for some MULEs and make a postbox. Also got me some Climbing Anchors and Ladders to brave the harsh terrain. Got a decent haul here so I hope I get these out in a decent condition. Wish me luck friends!

hwUJzOq.png

JPSK9Ic.png

Oh amazing :) thanks vestan coming to the rescue as usual. I'm in order 22 right now so I may have the ability already. I'll head back to Lake Knot soon and check.
👍

Get ready to go nuts

giphy.gif

Oni_J

Oct 28, 2017
Finished the first introduction (I suppose), almost 3h of pure enjoyment, and I was playing with a buddy of mine commenting about everything.
I did not have such a good time since PSX era, when we just wondered about the games we played, even making up completely bonkers theories.

This game looks insanely good, but it's my first time with the PS4PRO on a 2h old 60'' with no hdr, no 4k and stuff.
I can't fathom to think how good is on a recent TV.

And it's gloriously filled with "kojimeries".
I suppose I'm not. Being very objective at the moment, let's see in about 20h... When supposedly it's when most people are losing their patience.