• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played the opening hour last night. HDR is implemented extremely well. The sound design and music hooked me right away. I'm glad I got the soundtrack.

I have a funny story as well. At my local Best Buy, I was the only one to order the CE. When it came time to pick it up at 9PM last night, one of the managers eagerly asked me if I could unbox it in the store for the staff to see. Apparently they had been looking at it all day, wondering what exactly it was. So I was surrounded by a good 10 people and did this Unbox Therapy style unboxing. A few people got to hold the BB pod like a newborn. Hilarious time overall.

Deleted member 37739

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Lol. So do you get them quite easily then? I'd love to grind just so I could leave some about for other users to use in times of need.

You'll be able to fabricate them as you go with materials available at various locations - and these can be shared in the online garage. I'm beginning to realise that I'm just somewhat reckless.

I tried to jump a huge gully because I was feeling lazy and impatient. Boosted, hit jump and fell about a metre short and dropped about fifteen metres into the bottom. As a result I had to ride along the gully which finally came out on a fast flowing river - a very wide and deep river. Having learned nothing, I boosted jumped and the bike sank like a stone and my precious cargo went bobbing off down the river while I floated away limply on my back.

I did make the delivery though, and only lost one of my packages.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
So, I have to wait till Wednesday to play the game. I usually play a lot of games on harder difficulty, I find it more immersive and rewarding (GoW, Horizon, Outer Worlds, Phantom Pain). Should I keep my habit with DS or is normal enough?

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe because people on this very forum WAY over hype games and have a tendency to ignore glaring faults in games due to such hype. RDR2 was a perfect example of this.

Well it's a forum so opinions are a given.

The reviews for this are way more mixed than RDR2 which should mean it's more balanced right?

Glaring faults outside of actual technical issues are very subjective anyway.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Music has been really good so far, great music choice. Also happy how much story there has been so far, MGSV left me starving for it, so I'm happy it's not the same here.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watching Giant Bomb's early impressions contrast with their late impressions makes me really worried about this, and I'm already seeing it here. I am waiting for the honeymoon period to end to see what people think after some time has passed.

What honeymoon phase? Why would giant bomb change their impressions?

How often do reviewers change their tune after they finished a review?

Dec 6, 2017
US
My RedBox right down the block has it apparently. Gonna rent this after work later today and give it a shot! I'm honestly super excited to at least give it a shot to see how I feel about it in practice. Part of me wants to just buy it outright just to support but I'm on a tight budget right now argh.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The game is doing amazing sale wise . There are 1900 streams and it's sitting number 2 behind fortnite and ahead of COD:MW. I go as far as saying it is doing better than modern warfare (ps4)on its opening day for both . (I have this metric of comparing number of streams to the sale units after sale numbers are out for few years ;) haha)

horsebite

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Any suggestions on the HDR settings? It's pretty vague. I assume I just don't want to set it too high so the sky is blown out?

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Well it's a forum so opinions are a given.

The reviews for this are way more mixed than RDR2 which should mean it's more balanced right?

Glaring faults outside of actual technical issues are very subjective anyway.

I think the mixed reviews plus the fact it's a new franchise are precisely what's causing people to stop and wait a beat before dropping in whereas with RDR2 it was 10/10 reviews and impressions from publications but fans of the first game felt burnt after they realized how different the gameplay was from RDR1.

Death Stranding is a super unique thing. Many people still can't describe it even after many hours of playing it. I can understand why many people might skip it or wait out the honeymoon period here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
What are you supposed to do when you encounter Bts on your bike? Just leave the bike behind?
Leave the BT's behind.

giphy.gif

Oct 2, 2018
So... what's the check pointing system? Just sleeps? I fell off a cliff and things broke and I was like fuckkkk and turned off the console

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I just did the stuff with the chirilium crystals over at Distribution Center West of Capital Knot City and good lord the amount of mechanics/information that gets poured out over me is insane.

Also the menus are HARD to navigate and parse. There's so much info on the menu screens at all times.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
I think the mixed reviews plus the fact it's a new franchise are precisely what's causing people to stop and wait a beat before dropping in whereas with RDR2 it was 10/10 reviews and impressions from publications but fans of the first game felt burnt after they realized how different the gameplay was from RDR1.

Death Stranding is a super unique thing. Many people still can't describe it even after many hours of playing it. I can understand why many people might skip it or wait out the honeymoon period here.

I hope I didn't imply it was bad to wait something out. I was just tying to say that waiting on the opinions of others isnt the only way to go. I have almost missed some of my favourite games leaning on the opinions of others.

I think that reviews are mixed should at least give some credit to reviewers at least they could have all done 10s for this right?

I think DS being unique in the AAA space is personally great! It does not happen enough anynote.

But I like both RDR1 and 2 so maybe my opinion isn't worth much haha.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got through the prologue and as expected, this game is weird as hell lol I love it. I'm looking forward to more story exposition about how and why these things are happening like the BTs, voidouts and being able to come back form death.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
either the Kojipro team are great at optimization or i should be concerned for my PS4 Pro, i haven't heard the fans kick into take off once yet, i can hear them when the cutscenes get pretty quiet but nothing otherwise

also shoutout to sony for giving the copies with the variant slipcover a bundle copy instead of ust sticking a normal retail copy in

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't got the money. Have a HUGE backlog of games I'm playing. Bought it anyway. Here's to you, Kojima.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I think I decided to pick this game up and play it in the next few days, while I have the time. Can't wait to experience this game's weirdness.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Bts are ruining this game for me at the moment. I can never outrun them on the bike so I have end up having to try and outrun that whale thing whilst losing loads of cargo.. Then having to collect it all back up again.

The alternative is to just not use bikes which seems stupid

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I took the day off to play... but so far I've built an IKEA Bookcase, ironed, had lunch and done a food shop. Atleast I won't have to do much else this weekend except for play!