• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
i think this game is good but i really don't understand all of the people being like "wow it's so crazy!!!!"

there's just a lot of jargon and a baby but otherwise it's been pretty normal and easy to follow

PapaDev

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, if the first few hours are supposedly the worst, then I give up on reviews. I'm enjoying what I played so far. I'll say it again though, this game has a spooky atmosphere.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
Have you guys seen the reddit for this game? It got started off yesterday when someone said he wanted to build Bridges and would buy someone a copy of the game who couldn't afford it. It's taken off and loads are doing it now... Kojima even retweeted about it.

Pretty cool

Yeah, Tommie Earl Jenkins ata Diehardman tweeted about it yesterday

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
So up to chapter 2 so far and so far I'm in love. The whole waypoint system, like system everything is amazing! The way back from a delivery and some amazing person named Igor had left some ladders and a rope and it helped so much! The game oozed atmosphere, and so far the story is top notch. Wish I had more time but so far I'm hooked

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not gonna fall over myself praising it yet. It builds a nice atmosphere and I'm looking forward to returning to it refreshed after some sleep. It's already pretty clear that the falling over stuff has been exaggerated. Feeling that as long as cargo is auto balanced on the character and the triggers are held on treacherous terrain... and you're not building comical towers of them because you couldn't help yourself picking every single thing up you find along the way but make smart decisions, it feels good to control. As expected something that requires patience and willingness to accept how it plays instead of hoisting expectations upon it it never wanted to fulfill.

naguanatak

Oct 24, 2019
Honestly, if the first few hours are supposedly the worst, then I give up on reviews. I'm enjoying what I played so far. I'll say it again though, this game has a spooky atmosphere.
Giving up on reviews isn't a bad idea ;)
What most people forget is the fact that reviews are opinions, nothing more. It can be interesting and fun - sometimes even horrible - to read reviews. But one has to find a reviewer he/she can trust in. And even then make up his own mind in the end.
But a lot of reviewers/outlets/youtubers are just cynics riding an attention wave to make money.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The mission? Get to Capital Knot in 30 minutes to deliver a crate of cryptobiotes for some folks. Delivery was flagged as URGENT so I knew I had to get there quick. Best tool for the job? The Reverse Trike I literally just unlocked prior to accepting this job. Got from the Distro Center to Capital Knot in under 5 minutes while Easy Way Out played in the background and completely swerved past the MULEs. Felt awesome. Made these two GIFs.

This game is something special tbh.

mlDAvhe.gif

aSNgVzC.gif

8fHB6Uy.png

qRSxXne.png

S2DnZ2R.png

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'm three hours in and all I've done is watch cutscenes and run places

It's not bad but I'm still waiting for something to click

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Igor is the Corpse Destruction guy you meet who gets sucked up into the sky. they're there for everyone

Oh hahaha that's hilarious!

i was like man I love this strand thing how convenient and awesome is this haha. I guess though if it does work like this it will be amazing!

I was wondering though if the talk around the game was reviewing worse than expected, like days gone was, I wonder if that has somehow tempered expectations and that's why people are so in love and enjoying it, similar to days gone.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm finding the gameplay to be fine, even though I definitely can see this getting stale after awhile.

The part I'm having issue with is the story. So much of it feels obtuse purely for being obtuse.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
The mission? Get to Capital Knot in 30 minutes to deliver a crate of cryptobiotes for some folks. Delivery was flagged as URGENT so I knew I had to get there quick. Best tool for the job? The Reverse Trike I literally just unlocked prior to accepting this job. Got from the Distro Center to Capital Knot in under 5 minutes while Easy Way Out played in the background and completely swerved past the MULEs. Felt awesome. Made these two GIFs.

mlDAvhe.gif

aSNgVzC.gif

8fHB6Uy.png

qRSxXne.png

S2DnZ2R.png

The animations of the bike and character reacting to the terrain look really weird, especially when you drive or run fast.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

mlDAvhe.gif

aSNgVzC.gif

8fHB6Uy.png

qRSxXne.png

S2DnZ2R.png

Looks awesome. When you hit that rock I thought you, your bike and your cargo were about to hit the deck lol.

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Sorry, but stumbling and tripping over while holding
your dead mother on your back
is absolutely hilarious. The movement is SO glitchy and bad, its so funny, Sam is glitching up and down constantly on the terrain unless its an ultra smooth path. Its like the spent all their time making the game look beautiful but absolutely no time on making the movement look realistic over all the rocks and sharp edges.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Have you guys seen the reddit for this game? It got started off yesterday when someone said he wanted to build Bridges and would buy someone a copy of the game who couldn't afford it. It's taken off and loads are doing it now... Kojima even retweeted about it.

Pretty cool

That's badass. Wish I got too reddit a bit sooner lol I'm in college so I'm fucc'd. Prolly get it when/if it hits Black Friday sale for like $45

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm actually afraid of how simple it could get later on. My first few hours have been entirely frictionless.
I could see how people could ruin the traversal mechanics for themselves if they feel like they the need to rush it for review, 'cause a little bit of patience goes a long way in this game.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
When you're looking at the map, if you place your finger on the touchpad you can tilt the controller to see the elevation differences of mountains and the terrain. Neat thing I figured out from the first order's "Listen to Briefing" touch pad button mechanic.

Jan 9, 2018
Played 3 hours and some more
Loved it
Story is engaging as heck and weird as I hoped but a lot more spooky than I thought
Gameplay is what reviews led me to believe and kinda weird they chose to make such a long game. Excited to play more after rest

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering how the multiplayer functionality wasn't going to trivialize everything, makes sense it only takes effect when you liberate a ubisoft tower.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to play it tonight.
I'm disappointed that there doesn't seem to be an audio preset mode to upload to your Playstation headsets. I would have imagined Kojima Productions to offer one for sure.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you Kojima for caring about good surround sound. I'm a couple of hours in and love what I saw and played.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Actually playing it I don't get the issue of it being repetitive because you go from point a to b when that's most games just here your also mainly delivering something it's no worse than any open world game at worst

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I just hit my first game over at the forest before the wind farm. Really confusing to deal with stamina + holding breath + damaging rain + BTs all while traversing terrain so you don't fall over. Might have to avoid picking up non essential cargo from now on.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sorry, but stumbling and tripping over while holding
your dead mother on your back
is absolutely hilarious. The movement is SO glitchy and bad, its so funny, Sam is glitching up and down constantly on the terrain unless its an ultra smooth path. Its like the spent all their time making the game look beautiful but absolutely no time on making the movement look realistic over all the rocks and sharp edges.

The worst part is, if you start stumbling and falling......Sam can say random phrases. He flipping said "This GODDAMN Cargo" like twice in that mission.....Like man...I really don't think he would say that.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
It's a bit janky yeah, but the Reverse Trike isn't really meant for this terrain so I'm surprised I even managed to make it work.

I'm not only talking about the bike thing. Also when walking.

I think his footage is sped up

I'm not talking about this footage only. It's looks weird everywhere. Check out 07:10 in the video below. Sam does some really unnatural elevational changes when running across the terrain.

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just hit my first game over at the forest before the wind farm. Really confusing to deal with stamina + holding breath + damaging rain + BTs all while traversing terrain so you don't fall over. Might have to avoid picking up non essential cargo from now on.
You can also skirt them by trying to make a path which doesn't go through them, it seems they're usually staying put or around certain pathways, but you can just climb a little to the left and miss like 90% of them

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm not talking about this footage only. It's looks weird everywhere. Check out 07:10 in the video below. Sam does some really unnatural elevational changes when running across the terrain.

I think it happens walking as well, seems like they didn't implement animation blending for elevation changes or it's just not working perfectly, but honestly I'm like 10 hours in and I didn't notice a lot, it happens in most games (walking up the stairs)

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

yup, this is exactly what i mean. theres no weight to your movements at all, very bizarre, especially for a game that revolves entirely around movement and traversal, you'd think that'd be something they would want to nail.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
i wasn´t so engrossed in a game´s atmosphere since S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

somehow this really works for me, it is hauntingly beautiful and the environment has a real sense of presence

still in chapter 3 btw, this one is long

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Holy shit, what a ginormous flop by me. I almost fucked over my Trike for good lol.

lkxgwkl.gif

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
I feel like just holding L2 and R2 at all times pretty much trivializes the balancing difficulties but it also slows you down, drains stamina, and just isn't as fun as the circus balancing act. But hey, for anyone struggling, just hold the triggers the whole time!

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

The Dark Souls of hiking simulators

i think this game is good but i really don't understand all of the people being like "wow it's so crazy!!!!"

there's just a lot of jargon and a baby but otherwise it's been pretty normal and easy to follow

do you read the lore in the interview section? this is for sure crazy shit :-)

S I C K O

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Launch PS4 Pro surprisingly silent.

I was going to re-paste it this weekend, but I might not bother.