• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
Hour n Half into the Game and Regarding the President
As someone who's mother own past earlier this year due to cancer, I have very mixed feelings playing a character with his dead mother strapped to his back. [\spoiler]

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think the concept behind the world is unique and interesting. So far though the dialogue comes off as stilted if not downright poor, which is a shame because it seems like there is some cool lore to this world that I would like to explore.

The early walking parts have been fine as I have found navigating the terrain relatively straight forward. I did not slip or fall in the initial walking segment. You really just need to look where you are going and plan out a route. Don't just walk towards obstacles like rocks, boulders or steep slopes and hold forward. You need to think a little more than that when moving Sam.

I think the presentation in terms of both visual technology and art design is fantastic. The opening cutscene is incredible!

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
Hour n Half into the Game and Regarding the President
As someone who's mother own past earlier this year due to cancer, I have very mixed feelings playing a character with his dead mother strapped to his back. [\spoiler]
This game definitely makes you feel things, that's for damn sure.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm confused. Where am I supposed to hide from the Timefall? Most of the map is open space.

Huxley

Feb 20, 2019
That's the funny thing. I built this bridge before I even knew there was a mission from Die-Hardman to build one. You need to actually bring the metal out from the Distribution Center to the bridge. Like, carry it on Sam.
I physically carried metal to the bridge, but how do you add it to the construction once you are there? Ive been looking in the menus for literally 20m trying to work this out...

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I physically carried metal to the bridge, but how do you add it to the construction once you are there? Ive been looking in the menus for literally 20m trying to work this out...
So once you get to the bridge, there should be a little terminal that pops up. Hold Square and a menu should pop up saying "Complete Bridge" or something requiring 800 metal from you. It'll then open your inventory. At that point, just select all the metals you have then hold down the X button and it should work.

Ridill

Oct 27, 2017
California
I'm gonna assume there will be more dialogue involving some flashbacks maybe? (IDK I barely finished the initial cs with her)

Edit: oh gosh quoted wrong person...talking about Lindsay

Last edited:

The GOAT

Nov 2, 2017
I've only played the prologue so far, but there's something that's pulling me in. Not sure exactly what it is, but I want to know more. Hopefully get some time in this weekend.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
So once you get to the bridge, there should be a little terminal that pops up. Hold Square and a menu should pop up saying "Complete Bridge" or something requiring 800 metal from you. It'll then open your inventory. At that point, just select all the metals you have then hold down the X button and it should work.
When do you start getting stuff to build? I completed Chapter 1 and just got the scene from the briefing trailer but I can't find anything to build. Makes me feel like I'm missing out because I keep seeing ladders and ropes.

though they're from Igor so I guess that's automatically in the game

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
am I supposed to be having to shift my weight like every 2 seconds? Its getting kind of annoying. It happens if im just walking, not even sprinting.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
When do you start getting stuff to build? I completed Chapter 1 and just got the scene from the briefing trailer but I can't find anything to build. Makes me feel like I'm missing out because I keep seeing ladders and ropes.

though they're from Igor so I guess that's automatically in the game
You're still really early on. Keep playing and you'll start being able to fabricate ladders and climbing anchors from the chiral printers located at the different distribution centers.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
The opening couple of hours, holy shit. I had to keep the controller down and take a break. Well metaphorically down because it was down most of the time anyway.

Huxley

Feb 20, 2019
Pressing square next to the terminal just punches. I have the metal on my back but the only prompt is get is for "Structure Menu" which takes me to the map screen.

This has completely killed all momentum for me!

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017
Does this pick up at any point? played for about 6 hours and the repetitiveness is starting to wear a bit

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Pressing square next to the terminal just punches. I have the metal on my back but the only prompt is get is for "Structure Menu" which takes me to the map screen.

This has completely killed all momentum for me!
Hold down the Start/Options button when it says "Structure Menu".

Iamcenok

Oct 27, 2017
Just got back from a mission to drop
The POTUC to cremate
And handed my BB off...
Did....
BB just flip Deadman off?!

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
I feel like Kojima doesn't portray emotion very well. You would think the characters would show more empathy for Sam. Yet you would also think sam would show more motion with his mom just dying. Nope, they make him carry the body in a forceful way and he shows no emotion about it. Honestly kind of weird but still in on the story because the world is awesome and the epic moments are really well done

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Game is simply a stunner

Z6cDVq8.png

These menus are absolutely terrible.
Eh, you kinda get used to it after a while. It's like second nature to me now. This is coming from someone who thought it'd be an absolute nightmare to navigate these menus looking at the TGS gameplay footage.

Thank you! Must have just been tapping, not holding... smh
No problem, easy mistake to make but don't sweat it 👍

Okada

Nov 8, 2017
Last night I managed to squeeze in 2 hours of this with my noise cancelling headphones cranked up while sat about 3 ft from my TV (and a little baked).

What an incredible experience. One of my favourite to date. The music and overall atmosphere so far has been unbelievable.

This evening can't come soon enough.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I feel like Kojima doesn't portray emotion very well. You would think the characters would show more empathy for Sam. Yet you would also think sam would show more motion with his mom just dying. Nope, they make him carry the body in a forceful way and he shows no emotion about it. Honestly kind of weird but still in on the story because the world is awesome and the epic moments are really well done
I'm hoping that's intentional for some later twist as it's really *really* bad if its not foreshadowing for some weird twist later.

Livetohard378

Self-requested ban
Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Yeah it's been my biggest grip overall. The broad world building is really good but, dialogue is rough.