• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd recommend this video to people about to start the game. I think the point about feathering the triggers to pre-empt directional imbalance loss is going to be a big one.

Some people will likely only press the triggers after they've already starting losing balance in a direction, but as Tim Mentions, don't treat the triggers like a QTE, instead learn to constantly use them in a rhythm even ahead of time to maintain a more constant harmony in balance.

I think calling it "The Grand Turismo of walking simulators" is amusingly pretty apt. In other words, it's a walking simulator where the act of walking itself has deep simulation mechanics, whereas traditionally simply walking in other games is fully automated or straight forward, closer to an arcade racer or something, instead of versus a simulator like Gran Turismo, rFactor etc.

Last edited:

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Just played for 2 hours, the game feels like a goot mystery show at the moment, I love it.
Played two hours, atmosphere is truly special.
First hour down and it was a real treat. Creepy, wonderful sci-fI X-files weirdness. Loving it.
First 2 hours was already worth the full price.
The graphics and cinematography are OUTSTANDING. Sounddesign surpassed my expecations.

The really funny thing is, DS got labled WS but KJP delivered the most realistic and intersteting walking i have ever expierenced in a videogame! Its like walking for the first time... no Video can do it justice.

I just scratched the surface, but so far i really like it!
This is the stuff I wanted to hear.

You guys are lucky. I'm gonna sleep off the wait.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
WE MADE IT

Sam and the cargo is a mess... but we made it.... Got 907 likes from that delivery. Well worth it.

Time to kick it in the Private Room and head on out for the next delivery. Gotta make it to Port Knot soon 🤘

S0rNLNv.png

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
There's something so satisfying about fulfilling an order that took you ages to complete. Braving all these hardships and tripping over numerous hazards damaging your stuff only to be awarded with a fuckton of likes and some new gear is extremely addictive.

pZTXbNJ.png

Now let's get washed up shall we?

GmHmAeO.png

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit this game is so moody I'm really impressed by it 2 hours in and I'm hooked, game looks so polished and controls are really interesting too.

Really positive impressions so far

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are we going to find out that Fallen Order is the 2nd game in the strand genre, where you have to connect the remaining jedi together?
That sounds more interesting then the actual game itself.
Got my copy! It's installing now. Hurry uuuuup
It's done installing! I'll see everyone in the Seam
05iuyzr.gif

WE MADE IT

Sam and the cargo is a mess... but we made it.... Got 907 likes from that delivery. Well worth it.

Time to kick it in the Private Room and head on out for the next delivery. Gotta make it to Port Knot soon 🤘

S0rNLNv.png
Let's see if you can make it to Port Knot City without using any gear. Like me.
giphy.gif

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Wonder how long the honeymoon hypebotting will last this time until people start coming in here and saying it's the worst game ever.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd recommend this video to people about to start the game. I think the point about feathering the triggers to pre-empt directional imbalance loss is going to be a big one.

Some people will likely only press the triggers after they've already starting losing balance in a direction, but as Tim Mentions, don't treat the triggers like a QTE, instead learn to constantly use them in a rhythm even ahead of time to maintain a more constant harmony in balance.

I think calling it "The Grand Turismo of walking simulators" is amusingly pretty apt. In other words, it's a walking simulator where the act of walking itself has deep simulation mechanics, whereas traditionally simply walking in other games is fully automated or straight forward, closer to an arcade racer or something, instead of versus a simulator like Gran Turismo, rFactor etc.

That degree in logistics finally going to payoff

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Fucking hell, these are some long ass cutscenes. This has been going for over 20 minutes and it looks like it's not stopping any time soon.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
i love tim rogers

lol. it's kind of funny because over a week from beating it now and it's only grown and grown on me the more i've sat on it, especially the ending.

I really hope this game is a knockout for me, evrything else this year has been varying levels of disappointment outside of Luigi's Mansion and even the RDR 2 port is a bit of a shit show.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Does anybody know how to level up distribution buildings ? I want to customise my room, damn it. LOL
yeah this was super weird to me because Kojima showed it off in that one video but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to actually do it
I really hope this game is a knockout for me, evrything else this year has been varying levels of disappointment outside of Luigi's Mansion and even the RDR 2 port is a bit of a shit show.
hope you enjoy it as much as I did! started my second playthrough on hard now and about to play some more

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
i love tim rogers

lol. it's kind of funny because over a week from beating it now and it's only grown and grown on me the more i've sat on it, especially the ending.
Yeah I'm most curious to see what people who still wanna talk about it in three months have to say, when the dust settled.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whew, that sounds TOUGH. I'm gonna take you up on your challenge though :D
It wasn't that bad. Though i did Elder scrolls it a bit.

Take some gear with you though. I don't want you fucking up you delivery because of me.
yeah this was super weird to me because Kojima showed it off in that one video but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to actually do it
Wait.You've finished the game, and you still don't know ? 😭

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017

hope you enjoy it as much as I did! started my second playthrough on hard now and about to play some more
Can you explain what changes between the difficulty levels. From what I am hearing normal is too easy...but not heard what the differences are?

Mad_Titan86

Banned
Nov 4, 2019
Played for about an hour and a half. Absolutely insane landscapes. Controls great and I really like traversing. Can't wait to drive back in tomorrow morning.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wait.You've finished the game, and you still don't know ? 😭
i'm not actually convinced that the room customization is in the final game
Can you explain what changes between the difficulty levels. From what I am hearing normal is too easy...but not heard what the differences are?
i'm a bit too early to say! it doesn't seem like much has changed, though. it's definitely not a game where the difficulty comes from stuff like combat encounters

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wonder how long the honeymoon hypebotting will last this time until people start coming in here and saying it's the worst game ever.

Should really be straight away no? Historically if people are not enjoying their time with a game, you'll read about it right away with negative or lukewarm impressions and posts.

If you're specifically referring to the "I need as many people to read my impressions as possible because they're highly negative, thus imo more important than every other opinion in the OT" type threads that are often still too early to be LTTP's, then I'd say at least a few days or weeks.

Personally I've rarely ever actually changed my opinion about any game I've played unless it really turned shit towards the end, so I've not really had a honeymoon period per se. The way a game made me feel when I first played it is nearly always what ends up sticking.

Last edited:

Soulnado

Alt account
Banned
Nov 7, 2019
Wait, is it true EDGE magazine decided not to review the game because the assigned reviewer thought it was so bad he stopped? WTF?

Oct 27, 2017
OKC
man im like an hour and a half in and this game is a fucking fever dream lmao

this is like if the holy mountain was a video game in all the best and worst ways. loving it so far.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Should really be straight away no? Historically if people are not enjoying their time with a game, you'll read about it right away with negative or lukewarm impressions and posts.

If you're specifically referring to the "I need as many people to read my impressions as possible because they're highly negative, thus imo more important than every other opinion in the OT, plus I enjoy the attention" type threads that are often still too early to be LTTP's, then I'd say at least a few days or weeks.

Personally I've never actually changed my opinion about any game I've ever played unless it really turned shit towards the end, so I've never had a honeymoon period per se. The way a game made me feel when I first played it is usually what ends up sticking.

I don't know which OTs you read but a lot of big release gets massive over the top praise in the first few days or even week when people first get the game and only play a few hours. RDR 2 is the only one where the "backlash" was basically instant because the controls being what they were were obvious from day one.

That said for this game I'm expecting a more balanced first impression with people being really positive or really negative, basically the exact same thing people have been arguing about a month prior to release.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Played two hours, fucking hell. Brilliant stuff so far. Game is dripping in atmosphere. Loving the story setup so far.

Just exploring the private room then will be heading off again!

polyrizumu

May 15, 2018
I underestimated how absolutely massive the CE box is, it's huge. Also a neat detail is that it looks roughed up like it's been hit with Timefall

No42.05W70.2

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
wtf is in the cargo??? I've literally googled it. All anything says is "cargo" "who is belongs to" ...How about what it is, and what it has to do with "connecting the world" etc?????