• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
I showed them in the damn best buy app and they were just like nah we aren't doing that

It's not like they have to actually make any extra effort to sell it at 9 lol they are employees that will still be there closing down the store. That's some straight up bullshit. I'm not normally a call corporate store but I totally would. They will most likely send you a gift card for the store being stupid.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I zoomed in on Sam's crotch in the private room and he's all mad. I don't know why this is making me laugh so hard. Wouldn't be a Kojima game with dumb little details like that. Sam really does feel like a virtual pet in a way.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
To those that recieved the CE, should I re order it? I have $55 in amazon credit so I can get it for $145 instead of the full $200. I gave up looking for the Higgs variant since I heard it was only available on Amazon.co.uk and I have no address to be able to pick it up.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
SAMANTHA
AMERICA
STRAND

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Thank you for sharing. Can't imagine what that must have been like. What a relief that you all pulled through.

Please do post your impressions once you've had some time with the game!

I ended up pulling the trigger on the pre-order last night. Looking forward to settling down with it this evening once the fam's all tucked in.
I will. Same here. No screen time for the little one yet so game time only happens after everyone's off to bed. 😊

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
I chuckled at the "America" middle name too, at least Die-Hardman sounds (kinda) cool

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
An issue I have with the traversal is the movement looks visually very clunky and almost glitchy, like climbing down mountains in Skyrim. It's not fluid at all, most of the time it feels like i'm fighting the controls.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Two hours in.... and I can't believe I'm playing this.

Feels surreal. Graphics are even beyond what I was expecting.

Not really feeling the balance of the character while carrying too much stuff. And the first time I run from BTs I had no idea what I was doing.

The thing blinking and moving... and I had no clue outside of holding my breath and running. Felt pretty intense. I haven't been caught so.... guess I'm a natural?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I kinda get what Shuhei Yoshida meant when he said this is like a Netflix series. It absolutely feels like a TV show.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Just picked up my special edition! Time to see what all the fuss is about.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to go into this fairly blind. Are the criticisms mostly around the walking sim aspect? I loved The Last Guardian for whatever its worth, even though it seems barely remembered. Is this a similar kind of game where people either love the concept or not?

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Best Buy really just fuckin told me I can't pick up my copy tonight. That shit said ANY Best buy store
I was arguing with a person over the phone earlier today and they said the store confirmed no instore pick up tonight.

I called back and mentioned the website stated ALL locations are doing a 9 pm release and that their store should have received an email from corporate about it. Guy said he would put me through to the manager. Manager realized she had fucked up.

ALL Best Buy locations are supposed to be doing a 9pm or earlier release.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
I was arguing with a person over the phone earlier today and they said the store confirmed no instore pick up tonight.

I called back and mentioned the website stated ALL locations are doing a 9 pm release and that their store should have received an email from corporate about it. Guy said he would put me through to the manager. Manager realized she had fucked up.

ALL Best Buy locations are supposed to be doing a 9pm or earlier release.

God damn it. Whatever. I'll just pick it up in the morning.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I'm set for my first proper delivery as part of BRIDGES. Wish me luck everyone!

CJIy2DK.png

Ez0EDfB.png

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
God damn it. Whatever. I'll just pick it up in the morning.
Good morning, everyone,

To clarify, all Best Buy stores should be taking part in our early release for Death Stranding, as outlined in our Gaming Events Calendar. If you've been in contact with your local store and were told otherwise, I recommend connecting with store leadership to clarify, and point them to the Gaming Events Calendar as well. They should also have been sent communications regarding their participation in this early release.

If by tomorrow your local store did not take part in this early release, please feel free to return to this thread to share which store did not participate.
All versions should be available for pick up at 9pm, including pre-orders of the console bundle. We cannot guarantee that stores will have additional quantities of any version beyond pre-orders, though the standard edition is likely to be available. Because quantities are already set for the stores, we also cannot guarantee that pre-orders placed today would be available this evening for pick up.
It's great to hear you're interested in picking up your copy of
Death Stranding
with us! As my colleague, Bill, has mentioned, all Best Buy stores have been should be taking part in our early release for Death Stranding tonight. If you've been told by an associate their store will not be participating, I'd recommend connecting with a member of the store leadership team, and pointing them to our
Gaming Events Calendar
as well. All stores have been given communication regarding this early release tonight, and should be participating.

This is corporate mandated. All locations should be participating.

iaproject

Oct 31, 2017
these post simply mean we shouldn't preorder games through traditional means like gamestop. We should get the game a day before. Freaking rekt right now.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
What difficulty is everyone playing? Normal or hard?
I've been playing on hard and it's been fine, but I'm not sure what changes between different settings. You can switch difficulties at any point from the options menu, so choose whatever you feel like as you're not locked into your initial choice.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
A friend of mine has been playing for about 8 hours..he decided to restart on Hard because it was just way too easy and he was really disappointed that it was as easy as it was. I have not heard from him since he restarted on hard. I am also curious what is different between the two?