• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
How does the game play on a regular PS4? all I have seen in videos is people playing and talking about how good it is on PS4 Pro.

Joo

May 25, 2018
I've played roughly three hours on my PS4 Amateur tonight, the game looks impressive and runs well. (I've seen some weird choppiness/bad frame pacing during slow pans in a couple of cutscenes, but nothing major).

I'm really enjoying the game so far in all aspects from visuals and sound design to story and atmosphere. I also enjoy the traversal which has made up most of the actual gameplay so far. I played one stealthy segment which was sufficiently creepy. I can't wait to experience more of this world and see there the story goes.

Good to hear about the base PS4. How are the fan noise levels on it? Basically all the impressions are on Pro and just wondering if I need headphones or not.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
That did the trick, gracias. Kojima let me down with mgsv, I cant go any lower so let's do this tomorrow.
I'd put the blame more on Konami. I think Kojima had a lot more planned for the game but wasn't given the chance to do it all. Unless you mean you hated everything before the closing chapter of the game. In which case, :'(

Deleted member 61179

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2019
In celebration i want to share one of my all time favourite songs, which i got to know thanks to Kojima...
Only a few min!

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd put the blame more on Konami. I think Kojima had a lot more planned for the game but wasn't given the chance to do it all. Unless you mean you hated everything before the closing chapter of the game. In which case, :'(
I liked everything, then chapter 2 started and showed the what's to come video so I was like fuck yeah let's get into the metal gear insanity that has been missing all game....then it never comes. And I was retroactively soured on the whole game. I blame both kojima and konami, death stranding is probably the first time he seemed 100% focused to get the game out in a good timeframe. Shout out GG for lending the engine.

D-Man

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon shipped my copy on Tuesday and I'm very excited to get into it when it arrives tomorrow! Gonna try to beat Luigi's Mansion 3 before I play this cause I know Kojima will have a tight grip on me.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Enjoy the game everyone!

I'm going to head to sleep (had a good 5 hours playtime) and try not to have nightmares about the BTs because holy shit do those sections of the game freak me the fuck out. I start getting all tense, my heart rate goes up and I want to stop playing - not because they're not good but because they make me so tense and scared.

But for now, time for some sleep before a full 3 day weekend of Death Stranding.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
This game is getting a ton of videos from websites, even the ones that rated it fairly low. Seems like there is a recognition that there is a lot of interest in this game.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
I'll get the game eventually down the line. But I am curious now. There is so much secrecy for chapters 3+.

In spoiler tags, does the game (play) change up quite a bit ?

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
I am feasting on these early impressions.

my 9.5 will be redeemed I tell you.

REDEEMED!

*bb starts crying*

o shush little baby

You doubters will have no choice but to agree with me and bow down to the game of the year.

Putty

Double Eleven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Middlesbrough
Im two hours in...boy is it good! Its VERY pretty! Theres a sense of scale thats really quite uncanny. I've not experienced it in a game before. You'll know what I mean when you play it,

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
It's finally fucking happening, I can't believe I'll be able to play this game in 55 minutes
It's crazy after the whole ride to launch from reveal, just sat waiting to load it then it's out. I'll be playing Death Stranding. A new Kojima IP. So glad we're finally here.

TMC

Oct 27, 2017
Love hearing all these positive impressions. Can't wait to spend all weekend with this game!

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Are BTs and timefall only in certain sections of the map or can they appear dynamically? And on that note, if so, can you see timefall storms approaching in the sky?

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Shipped at last! It'll be probably delivered in the morning so that's that.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
i love the atmosphere in this game, this feels like an actual place instead of a game world. chilling in your room and preparing to go on another mission is really cool.

the lore stuff which you can read is awesome too

ZeroNr

Oct 20, 2019
Damn people are loving this. Very good after the negativity in the review thread. I dont know if i can wait the steelbook edition. If they dont ship my copy tomorrow i will cancel it and look for a normal copy somewhere.

Oct 27, 2017
Played for about 3 hours. Loved it so far.

The very first BT encounter (near the incinerator facility) was INTENSE. Tried to sneak my way past them only to get spotted, so I ran. Nearly got pulled by those black things on the ground but I managed to shake them off. Then this weird dolphin thing shows up so I decided to run away while hearing scary screams from behind. Let out a massive relief when I lost them.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
It's crazy after the whole ride to launch from reveal, just sat waiting to load it then it's out. I'll be playing Death Stranding. A new Kojima IP. So glad we're finally here.
MGS1 is one of my favorite games of all time but I never had a PS2 or 3 so I missed out on all the sequels. I'm looking forward to finally playing another Kojima game! Feels like an awesome fresh start.

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I honestly don't think it was ever Kojima's intention of making the game have any truly difficult content outside of the transversal aspects. Which I have to admit that I am a fan of. Also, I am sure I will be in the minority on that.
It sounds like that stuff is a major part of the game, especially in the last 1/3rd of the story.

It is disappointing to hear that stuff isn't super engaging.

Oct 25, 2017
Just dropped by to say that seeing Hideki Sasaki's name show up in the opening credits gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.
That was a name I had not heard in a long time.