• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Patch 1.04 available. It weighs a little over 1 GB.

Patch notes:

- Various performance improvements
- Multiple problems fixed

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
I think what Shirrako is saying is that if you ignored the update for whatever reason, continued playing and then later decided to update the game, your save file will no longer work. If that's the case, I can see why there'd be anger about it. He isn't saying the file literally gets deleted (I don't think?), only comparing it to that because the file is rendered unusable.
He probably is, but it still would be wrong, because it makes no sense, only if there was a timer to convert the save file, which is sorta crazy lol

Edit: maybe, just maybe, update 1.04 doesn't update save files and he mixed it up with 1.03.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
& that's still incorrect. the update notes simply say version 1.03 saves won't work on an unpatched version of the game. it does not say an unpatched version save will not work on 1.03...
He probably is, but it still would be wrong, because it makes no sense, only if there was a timer to convert the save file, which is sorta crazy lol.
It doesn't make sense to me either. I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt because it sounds like something did go wrong with his file, and it's sort of unusual to play without updating, so I wouldn't expect many other reviewers to encounter the same problem.

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If that's true I wonder why they've done that? Maybe to bring everyone to a level playing ground before release so there aren't tons of ladders and bridges everywhere? That's my only guess.

The patch introduced balancing changes... I think they may have tweaked the game a bit after some of the reviewers having a tough time, I don't think they need a patch to reset the world state, just restart the servers lol

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Welp just placed a pre order with Amazon. I had no plans on buying this, only watched the announcement trailer. It wasn't until reviews started coming out, calling it delivery man simulator that intrigued me. I love Euro Truck Simulator and games like it, many people find them boring but I like em. This seems like a AAA ETS + Mud Runner + Dark Souls (shared world aspect) game, which sounds awesome. I always thought Mud Runner should be a road building game.

Just hoping it runs well on base PS4.

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
Of course the site that has never, ever failed to get a game to me before release date before looks like it's going to fail me on this, of all games.

I just wanna ramble :(

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
For those who have a secondary account on their ps4 and downloaded the game, does the timer under the game icon show up when you're inside that account? It's the first time I see a lock under there, if I use the account the game has been bought from (US region, which is the primary on my ps4) the timer is visible, when I use my secondary account (EU region) it's locked. I'm just a little concerned because I could swear the timer always showed up on both accounts and when I click on the game from the secondary account it directs me to the EU store to buy the game.

5moke5creen

Oct 30, 2017
For those who have a secondary account on their ps4 and downloaded the game, does the timer under the game icon show up when you're inside that account? It's the first time I see a lock under there, if I use the account the game has been bought from (US region, which is the primary on my ps4) the timer is visible, when I use my secondary account (EU region) it's locked. I'm just a little concerned because I could swear the timer always showed up on both accounts and when I click on the game from the secondary account it directs me to the EU store to buy the game.

I'm having this exact same thing happen, and same as you, it never did it before.

I'm assuming it's as it hasn't released yet, and will unlock when it does. Probably a feature of the new firmware.

imax

Oct 28, 2017
I imagine this will reset the world building aspect of the game so you just don't go out and hop on a road paved by the reviewers to quickly make your way to the finish line.
As far as I understand you need to first go through an area to the base point and connect to the Chiral Network before you see others structures.
I assume you'll only be seeing a staggered subsection of player equipment anyway, otherwise people picking this up in a years' time would find a world completely different to first-time players this week, which I suspect would be narratively problematic.

Presskohle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Don't worry, I had the same with Borderlands 3. It unlocked just fine and was playable with all secondary accounts. They changed that timer thingy some time ago, don't know exactly when.

Iamcenok

Oct 27, 2017
In the previous (now locked) thread I had mentioned and I was having a rough day and to boot my GameStop pre-order of the CE was gone.

Turns out after an email correspondence, I was told they were doing some form of maintenance hence the missing order. All is squared away now -- however. Has anybody gotten their shipping confirmation yet from gamestop? The CE editions shipping out delayed?

My order status has forever been stuck on: In progress "We've received your order and it's being processed, which could take up to 24 hours. Pre-orders will be processed when available for shipment."/Preparing for shipment "Your item has been processed and is being packed for shipment." since Saturday.

While I'm stuck with no car I want to plaaayyy! [/whine]

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lea Seydoux/Fragile sculpt I've been tinkering with in ZBrush. All the faces look so good, I want to do a Sam sculpt at some point.

Q0LB5df.jpg

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I was on the fence about keeping my preorder, but Amazon shipped my SE, so it looks like that decision has been made for me

Hoping I can dive in this weekend

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My preload just started downloading. It's real. This is happening. After 4 years we're only just a little over a day for Death Stranding to see the light of day. What a journey this has been...and this is only getting started.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What time do the servers go up ?

Will they be ready to go at midnight ?

Whide

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
So does anyone know if this is releasing midnight local time for their own region, or will there be a global release for everyone?

Oct 27, 2017
So does anyone know if this is releasing midnight local time for their own region, or will there be a global release for everyone?

I was gonna ask the same question because I just got an email from PlayStation saying that there's a countdown to launch in NYC with Geoff Keighley and that livestream starts at 7am PST on Nov 7th.

Edit: I'm stupid it says on my PS4 that it unlocks in 1 day and 4h. 9pm PST it is.

Bluebot

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
So is the digital deluxe edition just including the soundtrack and that gold-colored gear? Nothing that special? Thinking if I should just save the $20 and get the regular version.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sweet in a few hours I'll be playing this. Long wait, bless Shopto never let me down.

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having this exact same thing happen, and same as you, it never did it before.

I'm assuming it's as it hasn't released yet, and will unlock when it does. Probably a feature of the new firmware.
Don't worry, I had the same with Borderlands 3. It unlocked just fine and was playable with all secondary accounts. They changed that timer thingy some time ago, don't know exactly when.
Thanks, that assuages my concerns. Now I just need a good 27 hour nap.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just bought! Strange seeing this game on my PS4 lol. Since the moment Kojima announced his independence ive been looking forward to what was gonna come. Got here much sooner than expected!

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I could go down to my shop here in LA and grab a copy but I can't be assed. I need to save my trek energy for the game.

TheExecutive

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am going to sit on the sidelines with this game until probably January. I am looking forward to the impressions on here. I am guessing it's going to be somewhat divisive

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Game is preloaded and ready to go. Get to finally break out my new alpine green PS4 controller for this.

iaproject

Oct 31, 2017
I pre-ordered from Gamestop (back in August, when the second wave of pre-orders were available), after check the status of my order all day, I phoned them and was told that UPS was going to ship last night and I would receive it today.

I bet they just said to me to get rid of me, still no confirmation e-mail from UPS..
Please post if you get it early. I preordered back in may(first wave), and it still pending shipping.

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
Well, less than 23 hours left. Helped my son on BOTW today and I can't wait to explore this apocalyptic world!!

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
wait we can already pre-load the game? i dont have access to my ps4 right now, what about the dynamic theme and the avatars?

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Bless Kojima. I seriously cannot believe he made a new IP in four years. This game is going to be amazing. Can it be tomorrow night already?