• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Have any reviews talked about whether the whole strand system, building roads and infrastructure, trivial the whole traversal system in the late game? Like why would you walk if you have a highway or network of boosts and generators set up?

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A spit in the face to the press? Man, people really are nuts. If anything it's an oversight or issue where whatever was updated has to cause an incompatibility with old data.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
A spit in the face to the press? Man, people really are nuts. If anything it's an oversight or issue where whatever was updated has to cause an incompatibility with old data.
Very good point. Maybe they found a really bad bug and had to patch it and the save wipe was the consequence of fixing this bug?

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Very good point. Maybe they found a really bad bug and had to patch it and the save wipe was the consequence of fixing this bug?
Good chance of that. I mean don't get me wrong, losing your save is awful. But there's likely a reason for it and not along the lines of an intentional targeting of the press.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Im excited as fuck, but I think that this will be a game that I wouldnt like to replay anytime soon, specially with a slow opening

There will be a lot of people trading the game soon, I think

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Yes! The baby has been shipped! Friday seems so far away now. Wondering what food I should have for that day....

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
vestan
"Made a few GIFs, special thanks to DrBo42 for giving me access to that secret GIF sauce ;D

3uRF0EE.gif

WK20tEL.gif

BMbPayL.gif

id199lb.gif
"

Mother of God. TOMORROW IS SO CLOSE TO OUR HANDS

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
I imagine this will reset the world building aspect of the game so you just don't go out and hop on a road paved by the reviewers to quickly make your way to the finish line.

I mean, sure. But then how would it work for players who pick up this game maybe a few months down the line, expecting a fresh experience?

Is the game gonna pair you with people who are roughly the same way through the game as you are?

03sho

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone point me in the direction of the hidden trophies? Are there difficulty Related Trophies?

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I mean, sure. But then how would it work for players who pick up this game maybe a few months down the line, expecting a fresh experience?

Is the game gonna pair you with people who are roughly the same way through the game as you are?
Yeah I'm still not sure how that's going to work. It'll be exciting to find out. Probably some matchmaking going on in the background like Destiny or something.

Apr 27, 2018
Death Stranding Patch Notes 1.03

• Multiple problems fixed
  • Game balance adjustments
  • Translation quality improvements
  • Updated save version (please note that save data created in version 1.03 cannot be used with an earlier version of the game)
Does not say anything about losing save files.
It says that in the patch notes :P

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

That tweet is written in a strange way. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what he's trying to say, but you update the game and the save files update as well. If you want to play an older version of the game, the newer save files won't work, which is not uncommon to happen. You don't actually lose a save file.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Based on the last bombcast it seems like the game pulls x amount of stuff, so you will never get an entire world where the water is all covered by ladders or whatever.

It also seems to populate the world with random stuff when offline. It's not something that will really be different a year from now.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
My DS Pro has shipped! It'll be here in Peru in about 2 weeks. Gotta play the waiting game now...

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Based on the last bombcast it seems like the game pulls x amount of stuff, so you will never get an entire world where the water is all covered by ladders or whatever.

It also does this offline. It's not something that will really be different a year from now.
Hypothetical... do you think If you find a ladder or gear in your play that someone left behind will it still be there the next time you go to that spot a few days later? I guess what I'm unclear about is if those interactions will be locked into your play or are those going to change on the daily?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hypothetical... do you think If you find a ladder or gear in your play that someone left behind will it still be there the next time you go to that spot a few days later? I guess what I'm unclear about is if those interactions will be locked into your play or are those going to change on the daily?

That's what I'm not sure about. I'd imagine it would have to still populate more over time, but I'm not sure how that will work or if it'll basically be randomizing things, but it would be weird if something that once was there no longer was.

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands

yes they are locked in your play, BUT stuff will wear out through Timefall so it will rust and break and eventually dissapear

edit: while playing through the game it was obvious you were with a selection of all people on the server I suppose. There were LOTS of emblems but not structures everywhere

soundtrack

Oct 28, 2017
That tweet is written in a strange way. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what he's trying to say, but you update the game and the save files update as well. If you want to play an older version of the game, the newer save files won't work, which is not uncommon to happen. You don't actually lose a save file.
Based on the patch notes, it just sounds like you can't use a save from 1.03 in an earlier version of the game (like if you reinstalled the game and didn't update).

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
yes they are locked in your play, BUT stuff will wear out through Timefall so it will rust and break and eventually dissapear

edit: while playing through the game it was obvious you were with a selection of all people on the server I suppose. There were LOTS of emblems but not structures everywhere
Ahhhh. The answer was right there. Timefall. Thanks.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
That's what I'm not sure about. I'd imagine it would have to still populate more over time, but I'm not sure how that will work or if it'll basically be randomizing things, but it would be weird if something that once was there no longer was.
Timefall rain deteriorates things so that's how they explain things going away.

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Holy shit my special edition has been shipped. They usually deliver next morning so that means I'll have it in about 6 hours or so. Perfect timing because the family is out of the house tomorrow and I'll have all day for my self (after work though). Can't wait!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I imagine this will reset the world building aspect of the game so you just don't go out and hop on a road paved by the reviewers to quickly make your way to the finish line.
As far as I understand you need to first go through an area to the base point and connect to the Chiral Network before you see others structures.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Based on the patch notes, it just sounds like you can't use a save from 1.03 in an earlier version of the game (like if you reinstalled the game and didn't update).

Exactly. My 1.02 save files work without a problem after I updated the game to 1.03. The save files were not deleted like that tweet claims.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I heard Brad Shoemaker say he wanted to wait until more people got their hands on it before picking it back up. That...might put him off for good.

Edit: Ah, I read above. Nevermind.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
I think what Shirrako is saying is that if you ignored the update for whatever reason, continued playing and then later decided to update the game, your save file will no longer work. If that's the case, I can see why there'd be anger about it. He isn't saying the file literally gets deleted (I don't think?), only comparing it to that because the file is rendered unusable.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017

We are seeing some wild shit coming from people about this game.

As much as I am hyped to play it, I am already burned out on the discourse surrounding this game.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
I think what Shirrako is saying is that if you ignored the update for whatever reason, continued playing and then later decided to update the game, your save file will no longer work. If that's the case, I can see why there'd be anger about it. He isn't saying the file literally gets deleted (I don't think?), only comparing it to that because the file is rendered unusable.

& that's still incorrect. the update notes simply say version 1.03 saves won't work on an unpatched version of the game. it does not say an unpatched version save will not work on 1.03...