• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I'm not sure exactly what location you start out at in America but a lot of it just looks like some area in Colorado before you get to the mountains. It doesnt really look like any of the midwest which is mostly flat, hills, bluffs (along the Mississippi), or forests. Not a lot of rocks and boulders. They seem to be everywhere in this game though.

There's an in-game and lore explanation for why the US looks the way it does in the game which Kojima has spoken about before and related to the Time Fall phenomena.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure exactly what location you start out at in America but a lot of it just looks like some area in Colorado before you get to the mountains. It doesnt really look like any of the midwest which is mostly flat, hills, bluffs (along the Mississippi), or forests. Not a lot of rocks and boulders. They seem to be everywhere in this game though.
The time fall rain deteriorates everything, rocks just age slower than everything else around it and stick out (my guess).

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Aww man. Best Buy order status changed up to preparing for pick up. Getting to Thursday and through the day is gonna be hell lol

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
There's an in-game and lore explanation for why the US looks the way it does in the game which Kojima has spoken about before and related to the Time Fall phenomena.
Do you know how lore is delivered? Is it mainly in cut scenes? Or is it via files you can read at your own pace?

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
Ah just one more day if I'm lucky.
Store will send out later today and over 90% of the time it arrives the next day.

Time to see what this is all about.
With the exception of the trailer with the apocalyptica music I'm totally blank.
Only checked the opencritic score and that's it.

Should it arrive Thursdays I can also take Friday off.
I'm excited!

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
Not 100% sure but I know there are files in the game or at least email communications and such that I believe try to explain the Death Stranding event when you establish more of the Chiral Network.
Ok cool, thanks. Been trying to avoid as many trailers and media as possible so wasn't sure.
Awesome OT Kindekuma and looking forward to jumping in on release.

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
Forget to mention : if you are in Germany then Spielegrotte will send out today.
Preorder Bonus included as long as they have codes.

neptunez

Apr 21, 2018
It was probably for the best that the review embargo was quite a few days before release day.

I'm eager to play it for myself

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
The physical "midnight" releases in my area are at Thursday 9PM since i'm in Pacific Time (Technically 12am in EST) which is actually hours earlier. Thats why I want to find out if its the same for the digital midnight release unlocking at 12AM EST/9PM PST.

Just to add, the physical release around me at Best Buy and GameStop is actually 9pm EST which is honestly why I canceled my Amazon preorder and went with Best Buy. Probably still doesn't help or answer with digital orders but figured I'd throw that info out there.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Does anyone know when the game unlocks on PSN? Not for preload, I mean when it switches from "preorder" to outright "buy".

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Phew, glad you never said GoW +1
Well it is modified HZD engine so I mentioned that.
Nothing has ever made the Pro as loud for me as God of War. Even games other people complained about were relatively quiet on my console. Except the Blacksmith screen in Nioh with that uncapped framerate.
You should try Modern Warfare, its like GoW in menus, but at all times. And I actually have one repasted with liquid metal paste.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
As for PS4 Pro being loud, Detroit: Become Human should be also mentioned. Hope that Death Stranding won't make my console take off during gameplay.

Last edited:

naguanatak

Oct 24, 2019
Forget to mention : if you are in Germany then Spielegrotte will send out today.
Preorder Bonus included as long as they have codes.

How do you know? Checked my mail after I read your post. Haven't recieved a notification that I can pick it up. Heart is beating a bit faster now ;)

edit: nevermind. Saw the info on their site. So it's a trip to Willich after work, yeah!

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Love the OT title lol.

I guess I'll be getting this next week! Looking forward to the atmosphere, world, and music!

Controls, traversal, weight.

Jun 4, 2018
Also: High scores from the previous thread. Grats to Shy and Lannisters1798 😄

UHGAMne.png

giphy.gif

Since my Death Stranding: A Hideo Kojima Game Strand has closed, I wanted to thank the members on Era (and gaming press) who have posted there, and other lurkers of the Internet.

1.3 million views for a single game, which I thought is insane (especially on a video game forum no less)

So thank you all for visiting and contributing from August 2018- November 5, 2019!

It has been a good run!

Hope to do it again for the next Hideo Kojima game!

An absolute honor!

Wild ride bro, can't wait to shitpost with you crazy lot again for the next Kojima game

8jXWpK5.png

BELIEVE!

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
The digital version unlocks at 9pm PST on Thursday correct? If it's a midnight release in every time zone then I might just take my chances with snagging one at my local Best Buy since I know they're doing a 9pm release.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Yeaaaas , my preload just popped up, cant wait till friday. I have managed to avoid spoilers so looking forward to getting mind fucked by kojima over the next couple of weeks

And amazing OT by the way!

Last edited:

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
UK Era, let me know if any of the 'usual suspects' send the game out early today. Hoping they do and we get copies tomorrow - if not I'll just grab the digital version to jump in at midnight on Thursday Night/Friday Morning. I'll be keeping an eye on the usual twitter accounts to see their replies today and see if they are shipping DS today.

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
UK Era, let me know if any of the 'usual suspects' send the game out early today. Hoping they do and we get copies tomorrow - if not I'll just grab the digital version to jump in at midnight on Thursday Night/Friday Morning. I'll be keeping an eye on the usual twitter accounts to see their replies today and see if they are shipping DS today.

I'm in the same boat.
Do I pre-order from ShopTo and hope it shows up early or on the day of release or do I just buy it digitally.

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
This is the most painful wait for the release of a game I have experienced since... MGS4.

I literally keep dreaming about getting to play this game and my media blackout has been so hard to keep up.

Because my wonderful fiance ordered me the steelbook from Game, I have to wait til Friday and part of me is wishing I'd got it from the place that has often shipped a few days early.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Oh man just found out I have the day off tomorrow. Now which UK site do I go for for early release?

Thinking shopto

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
no midnight releases in Canada, dammit, I'm gonna cave in and get digital i just know it, same thing happened to me with MGSV