• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I like that this game isn't like others, especially in the AAA realm. That's making a lot of people frustrated, clearly, but it's what the industry needs.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Just announced at Gamescom, before the gameplay reveal of the two characters Geoff announced Hideo Kojima:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I won't be liked for this post but this is getting somewhat tiring. The usual "Kojima is the best developer ever" introduction, him basically casually pointing out they are crunching like crazy, then a long overexposition with eternal dialogues that spend like 10 minutes explaining how these "other world babies" work. Then they spend various minutes hyping up the fact they finally show gameplay, and they do: it's Norman Reedus walking in empty fields, literally peeing and with another Keighley "best bros" cameo thing. 20 minutes of the show for this.

I am curious about this game, I'd like to see what Kojima can do without Konami and basically without any boundaries, but the artificial hype they're building around it while showing basically nothing remains baffling. Cult of personality at its finest. At times it feels like a social experiment: what kind of social interactions, pre-orders and viewer numbers can they pull off without ever showing anything substantial about the game, simply based on the star power involved alone?

EDIT: And it goes on because they are explaining how to use the controller to move the camera, how to cuddle the baby and how to pee. This is so fucking weird.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
"Here's some footage" says Hideo Kojima, before showing 10+ seconds of peeing, Geoff Keighley, and falling down a cliff.

What the fuck.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, finally, a trailer for the game Hideo Kojima

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
So you decide to show gameplay and then you: show you pissing, walking for 100 meters, put down a ladder, a cutscene and have you comfort a baby.

That's weak as all hell.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Zky2een.png
Friendship ended with GUILLERMO

Now GEOFF is Kojima's best friend

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm not watching this right now, can someone tell me what the gameplay is like? What do you do in the game? What other game would you most compare it to?

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Man I don't know how to feel about this anymore. Geoff being in it is a bit much lmao.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
me: wow, gameplay! he's gonna show us the bike riding and combat
kojima: *norman peeing and cradling the baby*

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Still have no fucking idea what you do in this game besides walking around. Really hoping it's good.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
They already showed that there's melee and gunplay, and Kojima has proven himself at both, so I don't know what everyone is so worried about.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Geoff saying there will be more cameos from Kojima's "friends" isn't comforting whatsoever.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
The animation seems off to me. He moves like he has a stick up his ass and there seems to be no weight to the giant back pack and all the shit he is carrying. Environment looks amazing, but animation is really off.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love kojima and i love Sony funding his game but if i was a Sony exec, i would be sweating right now. They basically spent millions on an AAA walking sim.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game is gonna be covered in a couple years by one of those documentaries trying to figure out how and why the fuck this disaster happened.