• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think.

• I dig it

Votes: 264 19.4%
  • Wack

Votes: 614 45.1%
  • It's ok

Votes: 484 35.5%

• Total voters

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
It's not bad, its no where near as bad as MGS4 regular edition box art. But you have Shinkawa, use him!

Still its decent.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Well the "slightly" good news is that on the EU Blog, the box art has a PROVISIONAL label on it, which means it might not be the final one.

EU is known for sometimes getting different and often better art than the US, e.g. Ico, MGS4, Heavy Rain and others.

The steelbook looks much nicer, and it has a cardboard slipcover.

SeanBoocock

Senior Engineer @ Epic Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Seems like a missed opportunity. Would be nice to have concept take (more of) a pass on it as it looks to be a lightly touched up in-engine render.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well the "slightly" good news is that on the EU Blog, the box art has a PROVISIONAL label on it, which means it might not be the final one.

EU is known for sometimes getting different and often better art than the US, e.g. Ico, Heavy Rain and others.

I like the steelbook, i'd be happy if we get this in the collectors edition.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys I think I see Reedus on the cover.

They could a least done a better render. Looks plasticy.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looks okay now, but just like the North American MGS4 box art, it's going to look worse and worse over time.

I think Shinkawa art would have been a better choice, personally.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Completely LTTP but the fact that it doesn't have only on PlayStation means nothing. I'm sure my yakuza 2 has a "console exclusive" label indicating it's also on PC so wouldn't this at the least have that? Sony just seems really weird how they use their tags.

On topic I really like the case but think the Steelbook art is boss. Hope I get a steelbook in my collectors edition!

Jul 15, 2019
Also no Only on Playstation label (the images above were taken from the official PlayStation blog) basically means that the game will make its way over to PC sometime after the PS4 version is out.
that is not what it means at all but okay.

a lot of ps exclusives don't have the only on playstation logo on it right when key art is revealed. give when the game goes gold it will have it in stores it will say only on playstation

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Eh while it is my most anticipated game the boxart is very bland. I miss the great boxarts of mgs with the amazing artstyle.

Also MGS V had an amazing one but I believe it is not the NA one

metalgearsolidvdips4big.jpg

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like how the OP acts like it's confirmation the game is coming to PC. If you don't have any definitive proof it makes no sense to word it like that. Sony has been weird with labels this gen. Who knows what they mean anymore.

Let's be honest, if the Only On PlayStation label was there people would still point to games that had that label and went multiplatform.

The box art doesn't confirm anything.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
that is not what it means at all but okay.

a lot of ps exclusives don't have the only on playstation logo on it right when key art is revealed. give when the game goes gold it will have it in stores it will say only on playstation
Yeah plus Sony owns the trade mark for Death Stranding so idk , dont get me wrong I'd love to play it maxed out on my pc but I'm still not seeing it happening

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Jul 15, 2019

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California

EU is known for sometimes getting different and often better art than the US, e.g. Ico, MGS4, Heavy Rain and others.

Is there any chance the "provisional" could be in regards to the rating? Kind of weird how it's directly underneath and I don't remember how PEGI works.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Least imaginative thing this game's setting could offer for a box art imo.