• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Scum
Meatwad
Kalor
Zeke
Fran (pending Meat's scum flip)
Zeke
malus
Kopite
Kitsu
Monkey
Gorlak
Town

Kalor I confess I haven't paid much attention to him this phase, though I guess that's mostly due to his own floaty style. His day start vote on Zeke and later backpedal were weird and something to go back to.

I guess I've liked Zeke's questioning this phase, though we don't have much to compare from VA's contributions. I've noted that he prodded a lot reads on his predecessor but didn't really do much with them - besides my own post, I saw a detailed read from malus that I nodded along at least.

I think Fran is the player I disagree the most after this phase. I had initially thought that he could be partners with Meat, but I'm not sure how his claim affects this. Monkey seems to be comfortable on the opposite take.
Please look into all my posts on Kalor tomorrow. I had several.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Scum
Meatwad
Kalor
Zeke
Fran (pending Meat's scum flip)
Zeke
malus
Kopite
Kitsu
Monkey
Gorlak
Town
I guess I've liked Zeke's questioning this phase, though we don't have much to compare from VA's contributions. I've noted that he prodded a lot reads on his predecessor but didn't really do much with them - besides my own post, I saw a detailed read from malus that I nodded along at least.
I'm on there twice T_T

Not much I can do with the issues ppl had on VA. I just wanted to know why some ppl had him as scum. Think everyone said the same thing about him being wishy washy and not liking a vote. Nothing I can really answer for.

Oct 27, 2017
townie
Kalor - A+ vanilla play, baited the kill perfectly
Kits - I happily die in her arms tonight, as she sets me on fire
Fran - yupp, I'm convinced.
Kopite - well, everyone else is so scummy, so you go here
malus - you are still a low poster, those don't get to the top. also vote deduction effort was C- at best
Kalor - neutral read, answers questions but doesn't go into his reads as much, only posted after attention turned towards him
monkey - pulling off a red check, not being lynched and directing the next lynch,
zeke - avoids vote, questions stuff, no direction, everyone is scum
fat4all - you promised me a whole town!monkey world
fandorin - you so slick, so charming, too calculating, not invested enough
meatwad - almost had me with the claim. tbh I'm still unsure, but that's okay, I'm not the only town here

kalor - he's a meanie that isn't interested in the game. look at the d2 reads, random collection of names, fanto in scum bc guts. I want his lunch the most. would even vote today. What am I saying. I am:

Vote: Kalor

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

Meatwad (4 votes)
Fandorin - #1,423
Kopite - #1,441
Dr. Monkey - #1,483
Kalor - #1,487
Kitsunelaine - #1,640 #1,646

Kalor (2 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #1,278 #1,483
Fran - #1,434
Gorlak - #1,805

EzekelRAGE (1 votes)
Kalor - #1,236 #1,424
malus - #1,404 #1,407
malus - #1,407

Dr. Monkey (1 votes)
Gorlak - #1,344 #1,418
Fat4all - #1,406 #1,588
Kitsunelaine - #1,498 #1,640
Gorlak - #1,547 #1,805
Kitsunelaine - #1,652

Kitsunelaine (0 votes)
Gorlak - #1,225 #1,344

Fran (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #1,212 #1,498
Gorlak - #1,418 #1,547

Not voting: Fat4all, Meatwad, EzekelRAGE

Post Counts:
Dr. Monkey: 104 Gorlak: 102 EzekelRAGE: 87 Kitsunelaine: 67 Kopite: 45 Fran: 42 Meatwad: 40 Fandorin: 39 Fat4all: 33 Kalor: 33 malus: 23

Current Countdown:
akalnxzfq1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
What has one to do with the other?
it doesn't, i just didn't want to make two posts before going to bed

Yes.

I'm an easy target. I'm visible, you've got a fun little coincidence in your corner, and you are using my absence to try and factor these into your decision to drive votes away from Monkey.

Your decision to do this isn't based on new information. There is no new information here! I didn't make a new vote, my vote's been on Monkey for ages. You're reacting to the amplified pressure on Monkey and trying to swerve on the mere assumption that I'm Scum based on the fact that you, a heavy poster, was targeted two times in one night (Shocker).

The only thing that changed was that I, another similarly active poster, mentioned they were going to bed. It's much easier for you to push the narrative that I'm scum so you must vote for meatwad(?????) when I'm not actually here to defend myself or point out that we've litigated this fact before.

This is an exceptionally bold move, and scum knows they're going to be in lylo tomorrow if they convince Town to lynch fellow Town. That and the fact that this is a bastard game, right now is the point where Scum might make bold moves. That, and the game hasn't been doing much moving over the past two or three irl days, so I predict scum might be getting overeager to get on with it.
That would be a flat out dumb thing for Scum to try at an EoD, much too obvious, it would be much easier to just pile on one of the existing trains.

-
This inconsistency has already been pointed out, I hope?
Night 1 Fantomas
Night 2 Fran

I should clarify that it's not a scum detecting role, because hiding behind scum only means I'm still vulnerable to being NK by scum.
Here is the thing about that. If I hide behind somebody and that person is NK, then I die as well. Also if I just happened to announce my intention here to hide behind scum well then they wouldn't be dumb enough to attempt to NK me. So that plan likely won't work

but later
Right I can't check alignments. Only way I can find scum is to hide behind scum and die. At that point I am dead
are they saying they are a weak hider here?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
it doesn't, i just didn't want to make two posts before going to bed

That would be a flat out dumb thing for Scum to try at an EoD, much too obvious, it would be much easier to just pile on one of the existing trains.

-
This inconsistency has already been pointed out, I hope?

but later
are they saying they are a weak hider here?
Meatwad is saying they are NOT a weak hider but the actions don't make any sense regardless.

Gorlak, as much as I would LOVE a Kalor vote there aren't many people here, I think. Maybe 5ish.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on there twice T_T

Not much I can do with the issues ppl had on VA. I just wanted to know why some ppl had him as scum. Think everyone said the same thing about him being wishy washy and not liking a vote. Nothing I can really answer for.
My bad lol. Changed my mind after typing up my read on you. You should be above Fran and below Kalor.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
The last piece of my role is that I could not ask about anyone who was on the winning vote - so d1, anyone who voted for turmoil, d2 for Maol, etc. You can see why I would think revealing this could impact play, since someone might slide onto the winning wagon to avoid scrutiny, but if the role is essentially useless it doesn't matter.

If I happen to die in the night (I doubt it, but on the off chance), please, please do not give Kalor a pass tomorrow. He has avoided everything in this game. He's kept promising reads and re-reads and has not delivered. He is clearly connected to Meatwad. His play during this phase raises a billion red flags. He's scum, he's scum with Meatwad. He, like Meatwad, did not play to his claimed role because they are fake claims.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Meatwad is saying they are NOT a weak hider but the actions don't make any sense regardless.
Similar to a hider or a commuter, actions used against them would likely not work, as they are not "there" when the action happens.

-

I think someone called Frans claim "opportunistic" earlier, butthey reacted fast enough that it feels
a claim done knowing Meatwad was bull.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The last piece of my role is that I could not ask about anyone who was on the winning vote - so d1, anyone who voted for turmoil, d2 for Maol, etc. You can see why I would think revealing this could impact play, since someone might slide onto the winning wagon to avoid scrutiny, but if the role is essentially useless it doesn't matter.

If I happen to die in the night (I doubt it, but on the off chance), please, please do not give Kalor a pass tomorrow. He has avoided everything in this game. He's kept promising reads and re-reads and has not delivered. He is clearly connected to Meatwad. His play during this phase raises a billion red flags. He's scum, he's scum with Meatwad. He, like Meatwad, did not play to his claimed role because they are fake claims.

For the record, Kalor is not connected to me or in any way my scum partner

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

This is one of those posts that get quoted after a player dies.

In all seriousness, and I'll say this now just in case I die overnight, which I doubt, apologies for my play this game. I wasn't too focused on the game the first 2 days and trying to climb my way out of the pit of those first 2 days today was tough with the time I had this phase, even with the extra 24 hours. And clearly I did a poor job with that, unless you're scum in which case this doesn't matter.

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start - Day End

Meatwad (5 votes)
Fandorin - #1,423
Kopite - #1,441
Dr. Monkey - #1,483
Kalor - #1,487
Kitsunelaine - #1,640 #1,646
Gorlak - #1,819

EzekelRAGE (1 votes)
Kalor - #1,236 #1,424
malus - #1,404 #1,407
malus - #1,407

Dr. Monkey (1 votes)
Gorlak - #1,344 #1,418
Fat4all - #1,406 #1,588
Kitsunelaine - #1,498 #1,640
Gorlak - #1,547 #1,805
Kitsunelaine - #1,652

Fandorin (1 votes)
Meatwad - #1,823

Kalor (1 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #1,278 #1,483
Fran - #1,434
Gorlak - #1,805 #1,819

Kitsunelaine (0 votes)
Gorlak - #1,225 #1,344

Fran (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #1,212 #1,498
Gorlak - #1,418 #1,547

Not voting: Fat4all, EzekelRAGE

Post Counts:
Dr. Monkey: 107 Gorlak: 105 EzekelRAGE: 89 Kitsunelaine: 67 Kopite: 45 Meatwad: 44 Fran: 42 Fandorin: 40 Fat4all: 38 Kalor: 34 malus: 23

Current Countdown:
akalnxzfq1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Day 3 End
OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Mafia players do not like being thrown into a game in which they are given very little instruction. You can head in any direction, claim any role. They say, "What am I supposed to do? Give me hints."

No hints here.

Meatwad has died!

Welcome Meatwad,

You are Higgs the Licker.

You are aligned with the Evil Weirdos (That's the MAFIA).

You are teamed with: ???

You have access to several abilities as a result of being a real evil weirdo. Each night one member of the mafia can submit a night kill by PMing the gamerunner the command KILL: (NAME). You can also lick a player using the command LICK: (NAME). Licking a player renders them unable to take any actions, because seriously - who the fuck would know what to do after getting licked by such an evil weirdo? Members of the scum team may perform their action and submit their factional kill at the same time (e.g. they are not constrained to one action only).

You win when you control 50% of the vote.

You may access the game thread here. You can access the scum chat ???.

NIGHT 3 BEGINS

Night 3 Ends:
k70oztn8ak

Night actions are due two hours before day start.

Day 4 Start
OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
No one has died!

However...

-----

The human body is supposed to be 70 percent water. I consider myself 100 percent a winner.

Dr. Monkey has won!

Welcome Dr. Monkey,

You are Kojima the Creator.

You are not aligned with anyone.

You are well known as a unique visionary in the game industry. You are launching Death Stranding to the world - but it wouldn't be a Kojima game if it didn't have unexpected, if not convoluted, moments. Each night you may PM the gamerunner and alter someone's role. You do this using the command CHANGE: (NAME) TO (ROLE). You cannot target the same player twice, and you cannot self-target. Each role can only be given out once. If you attempt to change a player into a role and fail, you may not attempt to use that role again until all other options have been exhausted.

The list of roles you can change someone to are as follows:
Hated
1-Shot Double Voter
1-Shot Switcher
Gossip
Vengeful
Role Thief

You win upon successfully altering three roles.

You may access the game thread here.

Dr. Monkey leaves the following victory message:

----------
DAY 4 BEGINS

Day 4 Ends:
xvfggz7uhy

Majority is 5

Vote Tool:
https://vote.fireblend.com/146404/

Player List:
Kitsunelaine
Fran
malus
Fat4all
Kalor
EzekelRAGE
Kopite
Fandorin
Gorlak

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Fran is pretty much confirmed town imo after they were able to directly contradict Meatwad fake claim yesterday.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Lol suspected Monkey was neutral. Poor Mao must be seething though, why the hell did she target him?

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
As soon as Meatwad claimed yesterday, Fran called it out as not being possible due to their role as a commuter.

Fran pointed out that Meatwad targeting Fran to hide behind would have been rebuffed by Nat, but Meatwad never really gave a proper explanation as to what happened.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Damn it, I tried to target Monkey last night and got my ability refunded. That explains why, and why Monkey felt off. Though I didn't expect them to be the neutral and be the reason I got my new role.

Also yes, I'm one of the roles on that list.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
As soon as Meatwad claimed yesterday, Fran called it out as not being possible due to their role as a commuter.

Fran pointed out that Meatwad targeting Fran to hide behind would have been rebuffed by Nat, but Meatwad never really gave a proper explanation as to what happened.
No. fran said nat told him it just "depends" on what someone wouldve gotten if they targeted the commuter.

Oct 27, 2017
Kopite
Monkey likely ran interference on the meatwad train D1 to help out scum (as in voting VA when meat got votes and bullshit argument with Mao at the end)
Probably chose Mao because he was townie. So she would avoid nk.