• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Wouldn't it prove Meatwad was lying about his role? Both because Fran is untargetable and because both are very unlikely to exist in the same game. Obviously a scumFran would work the other way with Meatwad but I think Meatwad is way more likely to be scum here.

Anyway back, back to catching up.
They both could be lying. Fran claiming did nothing. Which is why I'm questioning why he full claimed to begin with.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
He said he was blocked n2.

You go: blocked or action failed? Did you target me last night?
————
You put yourself out there. You shouldn't have asked who he targeted in the first place. Obviously he picked up on what you meant at the time that you were a commuter.

You are missing a post there. When I asked if he was blocked or his action failed he chose not to answer and just said that we should work without that info. And I didn't asked who he targeted. I asked if he targeted me.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Impossible was bad wording, meant this claim and not commuters in geWe have no indication he did commute and Nat confirmed that whiffs don't get notified necessarily.

Kitsune maybe could confirm. If she is not lying, she is getting results from her targets so she should get that her action failed.

But for that to work it should be tomorrow night as I can't commute tonight.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
You are missing a post there. When I asked if he was blocked or his action failed he chose not to answer and just said that we should work without that info. And I didn't asked who he targeted. I asked if he targeted me.
That post doesn't matter. The only part that matters is that you put the spotlight on yourself by asking if he targeted you specifically.

And I stated you asked if he targeted you.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Kitsune maybe could confirm. If she is not lying, she is getting results from her targets so she should get that her action failed.

But for that to work it should be tomorrow night as I can't commute tonight.
And what if you are the rb and just happen to rb kits 2mrw nite. Since we have established there is some sort of rb at play here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm here and caught up. These two role claims are messy put together. When I saw Meatwads reveal, it seemed possible but the rarer kind of hider compared to whats usually done in this community. Frans claim seemed opportunistic to try and pin suspicion on Meatwad and get a lynch there. Maybe it read differently in real time but catching up and the proximity of the reveals, Frans feels too sudden. But if Fran was scum trying to get Meatwad lynched, the primary question is then of motive. Is there another lynch candidate who is at risk who is scum and they want to get town Meatwad lynched instead (the candidate probably being Monkey in this case)? Do they see the end in sight already and want to guarantee a town lynch? Or Fran is genuine and the timing and handling of the reveal was just awkward.
I want to shine a mega spotlight on this post because this is Kalor trying to promote me as a counter-wagon while giving himself a reason to jump off. Kalor has not pushed me as scumread until some light things today when he reacted to my questions and posts to and about him. He's sitting on his weak Meatwad vote - which I also pointed out - and would love a reason to move to a counterwagon, especially if we really are staring down the barrel of LYLO tomorrow.

Meatwad's claim is more than messy; it's scummy and inconsistent and like Kalor not playing as vanilla, Meatwad hasn't played in any way that a hider would play, nor does his role make sense the way he's claimed it.

They are both scum, they are partners, and this post is tactical. Do not let it slide.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I want to shine a mega spotlight on this post because this is Kalor trying to promote me as a counter-wagon while giving himself a reason to jump off. Kalor has not pushed me as scumread until some light things today when he reacted to my questions and posts to and about him. He's sitting on his weak Meatwad vote - which I also pointed out - and would love a reason to move to a counterwagon, especially if we really are staring down the barrel of LYLO tomorrow.

Meatwad's claim is more than messy; it's scummy and inconsistent and like Kalor not playing as vanilla, Meatwad hasn't played in any way that a hider would play, nor does his role make sense the way he's claimed it.

They are both scum, they are partners, and this post is tactical. Do not let it slide.

I'm not jumping off anything.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
nor does his role make sense the way he's claimed it.

Just look at the post where I posted links to hider definitions in Mafiascum and Mafia Universe.

The definition from Mafiascum for a normal hider would be similar to what Meatwad is claiming.

But, that is the first link when you google mafia hider so maybe Meatwad got hider as his fake claim, googled it and just used that definition.

The thing that I find suspicious is that he targeted Fanto N1. He was a really good target for a NK. There were plenty of players who would have been better than him.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
They both could be lying. Fran claiming did nothing. Which is why I'm questioning why he full claimed to begin with.
This is possibly. One of them certainly is. But I doubt it's both. I suppose there is an outlier chance that Fran is teamed with Meat and this was a final effort to distance but that seems unlikely to me. It seems more likely that it was in response to Meatwad claiming hider since generally hiders don't have a choice in our meta and so it's not like shots returned kinda thing.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Just look at the post where I posted links to hider definitions in Mafiascum and Mafia Universe.

The definition from Mafiascum for a normal hider would be similar to what Meatwad is claiming.

But, that is the first link when you google mafia hider so maybe Meatwad got hider as his fake claim, googled it and just used that definition.

The thing that I find suspicious is that he targeted Fanto N1. He was a really good target for a NK. There were plenty of players who would have been better than him.
It's possible. We rarely use those kinds of hiders and Natiko in particular likes the weak modifier, but that isn't to say he couldn't have done something different here. But there was a post in my quote bank I wanted to answer from Meat anyway, let me get it.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
oh it was a whole exchange, okay:

Right I can't check alignments. Only way I can find scum is to hide behind scum and die. At that point I am dead
Why would I not use my power? By not using my power I leave myself open to be NK. It's better to use it than to not use it
No benefit or penalty occurred to anyone N1 or N2 from me using my power. So I don't see how leaving myself exposed is the better play
Why would I do this? Then if I signal I'm going to hide behind a townie, then both that townie and me are NK
I signal by chance that I'm going to hide behind scum. Well then Scum won't bother because they know one of them will be exposed
Yes I am not compelled to hide
So let's think about this. You're Meatwad. Various people have been sumreading you since D1, which means you are among the least likely people in the game to get NKed and if you are targeted, it's likely going to be with a roleblock or an investigation. Neither of which is a problem if you are a Hider; you're just blocked, so what, or you get cleared.

So if you are Meatwad here, why do you hide at all if you have a choice? Why do you not just soak the roleblock or the check? By hiding behind Fanto, a town Meatwad was literally opening up the game to a second kill. And I don't believe Meatwad hides behind Fran ever, considering his posts.

Why do you hide behind Fanto, who is widely townread and has been N1ed before?
Why do you then hide behind Fran, whom you've said you can't really read?

None of the actions make sense with what he says in these posts. The role itself doesn't make sense in our meta on top of it, but that's a secondary consideration.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
And those links Fran shared? They include advice about how to play as a hider. If Meatwad was actually a hider here and actually thinking about playing as a hider, it's not like he doesn't have resources at hand.

Meatwad is not a hider.

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

Meatwad (4 votes)
Fandorin - #1,423
Kopite - #1,441
Dr. Monkey - #1,483
Kalor - #1,487
Kitsunelaine - #1,640 #1,646

Dr. Monkey (2 votes)
Gorlak - #1,344 #1,418
Fat4all - #1,406 #1,588
Kitsunelaine - #1,498 #1,640
Gorlak - #1,547
Kitsunelaine - #1,652

EzekelRAGE (1 votes)
Kalor - #1,236 #1,424
malus - #1,404 #1,407
malus - #1,407

Kalor (1 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #1,278 #1,483
Fran - #1,434

Kitsunelaine (0 votes)
Gorlak - #1,225 #1,344

Fran (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #1,212 #1,498
Gorlak - #1,418 #1,547

Not voting: Fat4all, Meatwad, EzekelRAGE

Post Counts:
Gorlak: 97 Dr. Monkey: 94 EzekelRAGE: 84 Kitsunelaine: 67 Kopite: 41 Fran: 40 Fandorin: 36 Meatwad: 33 Fat4all: 32 Kalor: 31 malus: 23

Current Countdown:
akalnxzfq1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
oh it was a whole exchange, okay:

So let's think about this. You're Meatwad. Various people have been sumreading you since D1, which means you are among the least likely people in the game to get NKed and if you are targeted, it's likely going to be with a roleblock or an investigation. Neither of which is a problem if you are a Hider; you're just blocked, so what, or you get cleared.

So if you are Meatwad here, why do you hide at all if you have a choice? Why do you not just soak the roleblock or the check? By hiding behind Fanto, a town Meatwad was literally opening up the game to a second kill. And I don't believe Meatwad hides behind Fran ever, considering his posts.

Why do you hide behind Fanto, who is widely townread and has been N1ed before?
Why do you then hide behind Fran, whom you've said you can't really read?

None of the actions make sense with what he says in these posts. The role itself doesn't make sense in our meta on top of it, but that's a secondary consideration.

Boy I sure do feel sorry for anybody who gets stuck with this role in the future because using it = scum apparently

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Boy I sure do feel sorry for anybody who gets stuck with this role in the future because using it = scum apparently
Using it doesn't mean scum at all. The way you claim to have used it, with your position in this game, makes no sense whatsoever unless your only goal is self-preservation and even then your choice of Fran N2 doesn't really fit - nor does Fanto N1.

It doesn't fit with your own reads. It doesn't fit with a townie approach to the game.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Kitsunelaine - Town lean because of meta. Their almost non existent reads/engagement into something not related to her role is a lil bit more suspect, but her OMGUS at everyone questioning her does seem to be town Kitsish.
Fran - I think Fran's the only player left who I haven't engaged with directly, and someone I find hard af to read. They've made some towny posts, and I can see why they'd challenge/question meat's claim. However, Zeke does have a point that their soft claim is a little odd. There wasn't enough reason to do it, and if I was a commuter I don't think someone 'missing me' would receive a RB message. Also Gorlak could've targeted anyone else, so it's conceivable that Fran set up a fake claim.
malus - Low activity but feels towny to me because of the vote posts and they questioned me on something scummy I said.
Fat4all - Grew into the game, feels more townish. Not enough info on or out of them, but I'm still scratching my head as to why they seem to be the only person aware of possible role changes in the game
Kalor - Scummy. The non-justification vote on Zeke being the worst
EzekelRAGE - Zeke himself seems townish, VA was a little off with his voting D1. But I could see the time he tried to vote for Meatwad initially as being an honest attempt at a pressure vote that he was almost bullied out of lol
Meatwad - Flailing badly. I really hope this isn't just bad town play, but I can't see who would be a better lunch today.
Dr. Monkey|monkey - Best/maybe only real defense for her is that Scum wouldn't brazenly make the Gambit she did and use it to lynch someone who wasn't heavily townread like Mao. Possibly the neutral
Fandorin - Feel good about them, a bit of a shame they seem to be mostly ignored though, can't really think of when they've been quoted or their points discussed
Gorlak - Very town.

Town -> Scum

Gorlak
Malus
Fandorin
Kits
Fat4All
Fran
Monkey/Zeke
Kalor
Meat

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
and if I was a commuter I don't think someone 'missing me' would receive a RB message. Also Gorlak could've targeted anyone else, so it's conceivable that Fran set up a fake claim.

I asked Gorlak if he received a message saying that his action failed or that the message said that he was blocked. He decided not to answer that. And if the player has a role that should get an answer from the gamerunner (like Kitsune's) they are usually told when their action failed, no matter if they are blocks or just commuting.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Fandorin - Feel good about them, a bit of a shame they seem to be mostly ignored though, can't really think of when they've been quoted or their points discussed
There was some discussion of him today before claims, but yeah, not so much Fando's arguments. I feel like a lot of thoughts in general that have been brought to the table by various folks have been missed, glossed over, etc.

Speaking of Fando, we're on the same page here.
I've never seen an hider like that. Kinda defeats it's purpose, especially if you're not breadcrumbing who you targeted or baiting a NK or something. Targetting Fantomas D1 is a really bad choice too.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Fran said Hiders don't work the way I was claiming my role worked. I assume normally they work different? I dunno, that's why I said it's a bastard game so some things could be different
Fran said there are two versions and linked to the versions. The one you're claiming is the far less common "normal" hider, when the "weak" (it's not) hider is more common. None of this relates to the game being bastard at all.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Can anyone/everyone else supply a full reads list before EoD?

Meatwad, if you're town here you've got no one to blame but yourself

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Fran said there are two versions and linked to the versions. The one you're claiming is the far less common "normal" hider, when the "weak" (it's not) hider is more common. None of this relates to the game being bastard at all.

He only did that after the post you quoted. I can only respond to posts as they happen

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Top scum:
Meatwad
Kalor

I've posted numerous times on the connections between them. When Meatwad flips scum, Kalor should absolutely be the next one to go.

Top town:
Gorlak
Fandorin
Fran if Meatwad is scum

The rest, from towniest to scummiest:
Kopite
kitsunelaine
malus
Zeke
Fat4All

You, Kopite, I feel okay about but not enough to put into top town; you seem to be actively considering things and reassessing as needed and it doesn't seem agenda-driven. The kitsunelaine read is almost completely a meta read since despite having a huge post count, she's actually weighed in on very little, but her actions in this game are squarely in her town meta. malus is probably the one in the bottom set I feel best about. Zeke moves up if Meatwad and Kalor are scum as I suspect; I would consider him much more townie at that point. Fat4All ends up there due to PoE; I don't have much to tie him to here. He has seemed relatively engaged, though I don't have anything that screams alignment either way and he's been kinda lackluster on the Meatwad point.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I'm back.

I dunno what to say? I certainly wasn't scum reading Fran
Why did you feel the need to target someone if you didn't have to? You were almost voted off on D1 and had some votes on D2 as well. Why risk giving a double NK for scum by hiding behind a town read player like Fantomas and also Fran to a lesser extent?

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

Not a full read list because I have to leave in 10 minutes but at least a list:

Town

Gorlak
Malus
Kopite
Monkey
Kitsune
Zeke
Meatwad
Fando
Fat4all
Kalor

Scum

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Town

Gorlak
Kitsune
Kopite
Fat4all
Zeke
Fando
Malus
Monkey
Fran
Meatwad
Kalor

Scum

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Scum
Meatwad
Kalor
Zeke
Fran (pending Meat's scum flip)
Zeke
malus
Kopite
Kitsu
Monkey
Gorlak
Town

Kalor I confess I haven't paid much attention to him this phase, though I guess that's mostly due to his own floaty style. His day start vote on Zeke and later backpedal were weird and something to go back to.

I guess I've liked Zeke's questioning this phase, though we don't have much to compare from VA's contributions. I've noted that he prodded a lot reads on his predecessor but didn't really do much with them - besides my own post, I saw a detailed read from malus that I nodded along at least.

I think Fran is the player I disagree the most after this phase. I had initially thought that he could be partners with Meat, but I'm not sure how his claim affects this. Monkey seems to be comfortable on the opposite take.