• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
And you think it was his plan to reveal that today?
Idk what his plan is. Both could be scum and this is a tactic to distance themselves.

I don't like him responding to you how his commuting ability be forced though. Gives too much info.

I honestly don't see the reason in coming forward with the commuter claim at all.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Even night commuter?

I have already gave all of my info so, yes.

I honestly don't see the reason in coming forward with the commuter claim at all.

I had practically soft claimed earlier in the day.

I don't like him responding to you how his commuting ability be forced though. Gives too much info.

I just didn't realized that lol. I was doing something else, updated the thread while some process was running, saw the question and just answer. Didn't realized that I could have been a x-shot commuter at the moment.

Oct 27, 2017
Mind directing me to that post?
You don't even remember? That's why I was asking you specifically. Weird.

I think it fits how he reacted here. And directly disagreeing with a fresh claim seems bold, if this was his fakeclaim. Of course the whole I asked Natiko could've been faked too and he already knew what he wanted to pull, but I don't believe that.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fine it's literally going to make no difference because nobody will believe me anyway but I'm Amelie the Hider. I can hide behind people at night and avoid being NK, unless I hide behind scum or somebody targeted for the NK.
When I hide behind scum I'm still vulnerable to potentially be killed. The logic I'm sure being, I'm trying to hide behind my would be killers, they're just going to turn around and kill me
I've never seen an hider like that. Kinda defeats it's purpose, especially if you're not breadcrumbing who you targeted or baiting a NK or something. Targetting Fantomas D1 is a really bad choice too.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fando D2 was mostly him being unsure about everything. He wasn't sure about the red check (and said that we should lunch Monkey if Maol flips town). Then he was unsure about the claim but never questioned it. And ended with a forced town read on Maol at the end, something that scum always knew.
Huh? There's an absurd amount of highsight in this with a touch of gaslight in it. I was pretty sure on Monkey's red check and vouched for her lynch BEFORE the several other posts that followed that changed this completely. I made my view on the matter pretty clear, so the fact that you're skipping more than half of the phase discussion on this is pretty bad.

On Maol's claim, I did question it. It's right there in the post you yourself made about it - I just believed it based especially due to his progression on his Monkey read. It read very sincere to me and I didn't think scum could pull something like that, and I'm glad I was right on that read.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have already gave all of my info so, yes.

I had practically soft claimed earlier in the day.

I just didn't realized that lol. I was doing something else, updated the thread while some process was running, saw the question and just answer. Didn't realized that I could have been a x-shot commuter at the moment.
Why did you soft this earlier and claimed immediately after Meat did like this if you didn't even know if others would get notified if they targeted you. Further, full claiming your limitation just made you a completely useless town PR.

I'm just lost on this claim.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Why did you soft this earlier and claimed immediately after Meat did like this if you didn't even know if others would get notified if they targeted you. Further, full claiming your limitation just made you a completely useless town PR.

My thoughts too. Looking at the claim, why didn't he ask nat when he asked gorlak? Gor could lie either way.

When he saw meats claim, why not ask nat b4hand about notifications b4 Fran claimed himself. Nat didn't clear anything up and Fran claimed for nothing.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

I soft claimed when Gorlak said that he was roleblocked. That's when I asked him if he targeted me. Maybe his action failed because he targeted me and we would be chasing a roleblocker or a delay roleblock when there was never one.

And Meatwad said that he targeted me during a night that he couldn't. I wanted to knew what others thought of it. I wasn't expecting an answer from Natiko (and the answer that I got is very broad, I just posted what I deducted from it).

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Because that would just better help scum know who they should be either role blocking or killing. I'm not going to provide them that advantage
I like to think there's still a chance I won't be lynched, without having to reveal
Fine it's literally going to make no difference because nobody will believe me anyway but I'm Amelie the Hider. I can hide behind people at night and avoid being NK, unless I hide behind scum or somebody targeted for the NK.
You didn't want to claim because it would give scum info but then you do it anyway and say "it won't make a difference because no one will believe you". Claiming a "weak hider" gives zero advantage to scum, so it really reads like you didn't know what you would claim, to be honest.

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

Meatwad (4 votes)
Fandorin - #1,423
Kopite - #1,441
Dr. Monkey - #1,483
Kalor - #1,487
Kitsunelaine - #1,640 #1,646

Dr. Monkey (2 votes)
Gorlak - #1,344 #1,418
Fat4all - #1,406 #1,588
Kitsunelaine - #1,498 #1,640
Gorlak - #1,547
Kitsunelaine - #1,652

EzekelRAGE (1 votes)
Kalor - #1,236 #1,424
malus - #1,404 #1,407
malus - #1,407

Kalor (1 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #1,278 #1,483
Fran - #1,434

Kitsunelaine (0 votes)
Gorlak - #1,225 #1,344

Fran (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #1,212 #1,498
Gorlak - #1,418 #1,547

Not voting: Fat4all, Meatwad, EzekelRAGE

Post Counts:
Gorlak: 94 Dr. Monkey: 80 EzekelRAGE: 67 Kitsunelaine: 67 Kopite: 41 Meatwad: 33 Fat4all: 32 Fandorin: 32 Fran: 28 Kalor: 28 malus: 23

Current Countdown:
akalnxzfq1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
1. I soft claimed when Gorlak said that he was roleblocked. That's when I asked him if he targeted me. Maybe his action failed because he targeted me and we would be chasing a roleblocker or a delay roleblock when there was never one.

2. And Meatwad said that he targeted me during a night that he couldn't. I wanted to knew what others thought of it. I wasn't expecting an answer from Natiko (and the answer that I got is very broad, I just posted what I deducted from it).
1. If he was blocked, how would he be able to target you?
2. No one could answer that but nat, which I already knew would be a non answer. Anyone else answering would out that they are a PR.

I asked mal "who could answer that". It was a rhetorical question, because I already knew the answer was nat only.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
To toy around with a commuter claim in such a small game, especially when we haven't hit scum yet isn't a good move.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm here and caught up. These two role claims are messy put together. When I saw Meatwads reveal, it seemed possible but the rarer kind of hider compared to whats usually done in this community. Frans claim seemed opportunistic to try and pin suspicion on Meatwad and get a lynch there. Maybe it read differently in real time but catching up and the proximity of the reveals, Frans feels too sudden. But if Fran was scum trying to get Meatwad lynched, the primary question is then of motive. Is there another lynch candidate who is at risk who is scum and they want to get town Meatwad lynched instead (the candidate probably being Monkey in this case)? Do they see the end in sight already and want to guarantee a town lynch? Or Fran is genuine and the timing and handling of the reveal was just awkward.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
1. If he was blocked, how would he be able to target you?

Because maybe he wasn't blocked and his action failed just because he targeted me.

2. No one could answer that but nat, which I already knew would be a non answer. Anyone else answering would out that they are a PR.

So I can have some other points of view about the matter. I didn't asked for claims, I asked for opinions of what would happen if Meatwad targeted me while I was commuting. I don't understand where you get that I would out a PR.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I think Maol is the only one considering that Monkey wouldn't be lynched if he flipped town due to meta and her "safety nets", but I strongly disagree. I think even another red check from another player wouldn't be enough to delay her lynch if that happened.

Fando you said that Monkey should be lunched if Maol flips town. But then you made a read list where both Monkey and Maol are town. Why?

And what do you think about Fat4all today? Both of you said that Monkey should be lunched if Maol flipped town. Now you aren't pushing for Monkey but Fat4all still is.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
1. Because maybe he wasn't blocked and his action failed just because he targeted me.

2. So I can have some other points of view about the matter. I didn't asked for claims, I asked for opinions of what would happen if Meatwad targeted me while I was commuting. I don't understand where you get that I would out a PR.
1. If he did target you, what does it matter?
To you it doesn't matter at all. In fact it's better he thinks he got rb'd than to know you are a commuter. Gorlak could be scum.

2. Cause only nat can give a concrete answer. Anyone else speculating on it outs themselves.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
1. If he did target you, what does it matter?
To you it doesn't matter at all. In fact it's better he thinks he got rb'd than to know you are a commuter. Gorlak could be scum.

Because if his action failed because he targeted me we could waste a bunch of time and go for crazy theories just looking for the roleblocker that not actually exist. And Gorlak has been my top town for a while.

2. Cause only nat can give a concrete answer. Anyone else speculating on it outs themselves.

How they out themselves when they are just talking about Meatwad and my role? Malus answered and he didn't claimed. He didn't outed himself.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all been busy. Catching up but ping me if there's something immediate I need to look at, since it'll take a minute to go through all this.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
This is sommit I kinda side-eyed from Meatwad. Sure there was plenty of justifiable reasons for any one person to vote Maol, but that doesn't make it any more or less likely that Scum votes for them.

While I don't think Scum would want to make their votes obvious, there's easily a reason a Scum might want to hide amount a crown for a justifiable lynch, even if they know Maol flips Town. It's an easy vote for Scum and Town to justify, while keeping any given train on that Town rolling along.
Yep, I agree, and I think it looks like deflection from Meatwad. I don't think scum does avoid the Maol lynch. Maybe one to maintain spread, maybe 50/50 if four, but there's scum on that vote, too. So potential scum saying "no, scum would never vote there, don't look at me, jazzhands, nothing to see here" looks like misdirection. It's sure not analysis

If there's a vote that's easily justified, that anyone could get on without much of a read, scum will be on it.

which ones are those monkey?
It looks like there'a Fran claim I need to catch up to so I'm behind, but I wanted to get these posts quick from right around when I went to bed. Fran's lack of engagement does stick out. I don't just mean lower activity - sometimes folks have stuff going on. But for Fran to get this far into the game without really sinking his teeth into something is very unusual. He hasn't seemed particularly ruffled or stubborn about anything. It's not even a matter of anything looking fake or forced or anything - there's just no real deep engagement. So while he's questioning things and relatively involved in the thread, there's a certain something that seems to be missing.

But I wouldn't weigh it at the same level of abject avoidance I see in Kalor, Meatwad, and to a lesser degree kitsunelaine (largely because her town meta supports ignoring huge sections of the thread, so it's not particularly alarming or suspicious). It's just a certain missing something and it could as easily be RL stuff as scum.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
1. Because if his action failed because he targeted me we could waste a bunch of time and go for crazy theories just looking for the roleblocker that not actually exist. And Gorlak has been my top town for a while.

2. How they out themselves when they are just talking about Meatwad and my role? Malus answered and he didn't claimed. He didn't outed himself.
1. So what if we wasted time on a possible rb? You coming out as commuter to save town from theorizing that a rb may be in play makes no sense. Especially since there could be a commuter and a rb in the game.
You townreading got doesn't mean anything. As you stated yourself, your reads have been off this whole game.

2. Mal didn't answer anything. He said meat could tell us. Which obviously meat didn't get some sort of notification because he would've mentioned it already. The discussion you wanted would've just lead to noise.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Monkey doesn't want me to look, but maybe there is sth in your posts.
Gorlak, come on, man. Don't do this shit. Ketkat had 14 posts. Never did I come close to indicating you shouldn't look. I said Ket didn't have a chance to do much. By all means, go back and look. Look at her posts, look at how she said she was in a bad mood and not really into playing. But look also at the fact that several people had filed her as town already d1 - she was a protect in a couple protect/investigate/kills (I remember, I was one) and someone even said (Fandorin?) that she'd be a good night kill target.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Why would fake-commuter Fran try to come forward with his theory at two different points to contradict others?
Where did he try to contradict "others"? Only with meat. And he really didn't contradict meat with the claim.
1. With you he tried to help you block, not contradict it.

2. With meat, it amounted to nothing but noise and possibly making a town pr useless. We would be in the same situation with meat if Fran never mentioned the commuter thing.

As to why? Laying the foundation down for a fake claim. Nb4 Fran is the rb.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be 100% honest. I have very disinterested in the game. I have seen the posts but every time that I sit down to read them and reply I just don't care much. I just saw that big post from Fat4all and all the post after it and reading throught all of it was a drag and I wasn't even going to answer. Maybe it's because I had a lot of trouble trying to understand the game or because my reads so far were shit, I don't know. I just know that I'm not putting the usual work that I do. I know that I should ask for a replacement instead of taking a spot, and I was very close to doing it, but I won't be able to play much the rest of the season as I reviewed one of the following games and I'm running one too.
Oh, I just got to this. I guess yay at least that I'm reading the activity correctly? I understand the desire to play even if you can't give it your all. And regardless, despite everyone riding my ass for "defending" you, I don't think it's votable in the current game state. Feels like you're doing a hell of a lot more than some, so.

I think there's a hella big difference between defending and reading the game state and trying to sus out motivations in an attempt to solve.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
So what if we wasted time on a possible rb? You coming out as commuter to save town from theorizing that a rb may be in play makes no sense. Especially since there could be a commuter and a rb in the game.

So are you saying that it was OK if I said nothing when town was on a witch hunt for a roleblocker that maybe didn't existed?

You townreading got doesn't mean anything. As you stated yourself, your reads have been off this whole game.

My reads are mine. They are crap? Sure. Do I still believe them? Obviously. If not I wouldn't be playing the game.

Mal didn't answer anything. He said meat could tell us. Which obviously meat didn't get some sort of notification because he would've mentioned it already. The discussion you wanted would've just lead to noise.

It could have lead to noise or it could have lead to, maybe, something. You know what it would not have lead us to? More claims as you said it would.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I have a ton of other quotes in my notes but this is pretty massive.

Meatwad refuses to claim for a whole like ten posts' worth of stuff, accuses Gorlak of an agenda (what? Asking for a claim from someone on the block is NAI in almost any situation it is well within Gorlak's general approach to play so I dunno what this is), and then rolls over with almost no pressure and says it doesn't matter anyway. If it didn't matter, why not claim? Why not claim on your own? If you're a hider, you're protected from NK anyway so it actually doesn't matter if you claim. This makes no sense. Add in Fran's claim and it looks like Meatwad's claim is absolutely bullshit. Additionally, a scumMeat flip would essentially clear Fran.

possibly all this above has been said already - I'm still two pages behind - but this is my immediate reaction here.

We'll see but I don't trust Gorlak's line of questioning here. People who try to force claims typically have agendas and not good ones
I'm leaning towards Zeke tbh
Night 1 Fantomas
Night 2 Fran

I should clarify that it's not a scum detecting role, because hiding behind scum only means I'm still vulnerable to being NK by scum.
Ok. I'm a commuter and I wasn't targeteable yesterday.

Could he hide behind me if I was commuting? Wouldn't he receive a notification that his action failed?
The "I can hide behind scum" coming after "I avoid being NK unless I hide behind scum" is inconsistent internally AND with general hider roles but I'll guess that's already been resolved.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fando you said that Monkey should be lunched if Maol flips town. But then you made a read list where both Monkey and Maol are town. Why?

And what do you think about Fat4all today? Both of you said that Monkey should be lunched if Maol flipped town. Now you aren't pushing for Monkey but Fat4all still is.
I said that when Monkey claimed a red check on Maol. She came back on that and also on her read on Maol - she didn't vote for him and neither did him despite the initial day start. I've made several other posts on D2 about this, including the read list you're referring.

I don't agree with everything he has said and his push on Monkey today has been misguided to me, but last phase Fat4All helped me develop my own thoughts and his progression on his Monkey read didn't feel fake to me, neither does it fit what I expect scum would do if Maol and Monkey were both town.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
So are you saying that it was OK if I said nothing when town was on a witch hunt for a roleblocker that maybe didn't existed?
Yes!. To protect your role, a 1000x yes. And again, a rb could still exist with your role. And look at ppl who had a lot to say about a rb theory speculation but not offering much else game wise. Scum would use it for busywork. Just like scum may have used the talk of arsonists as busywork.

It could have lead to noise or it could have lead to, maybe, something. You know what it would not have lead us to? More claims as you said it would.
Nope, leading to str8 noise is what it would've done. You can't even name what you wanted out of the discussion yourself.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Yes!. To protect your role, a 1000x yes. And again, a rb could still exist with your role. And look at ppl who had a lot to say about a rb theory speculation but not offering much else game wise. Scum would use it for busywork. Just like scum may have used the talk of arsonists as busywork.

If I were a cop or a doctor, sure. Over a commuter? Nah.

Fran why are you so sure you and a rb can't be in the same game? 🤔

When did I said that? I just said that if Gorlak targeted me that could explain that his action failed instead of a roleblock. It would be too much coincidence that the same that I'm commuting Gorlak targeted me and a roleblocker targeted Gorlak. I even asked Gorlak if he was told that he was blocked or if his action just failed before asking if he targeted me.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Why don't you think commuter is a powerful role, especially in a game this small?

Because it isn't. Even less when I can't choose what night to commute.

Which is funny because I told Natiko that it was really dissapointing that I got a boring role like a commuter when I expected half the roster to have some crazy roles.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that, if Monkey is telling the truth and is truly a medium, that would mean that both games based on Kojima IPs had mediums.

I don't know if that was on purpose or not but if it was, Good job Natiko!

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
He answered after I asked. You should just read the thread. Gorlak even reposted the conversation in this same page.
He said he was blocked n2.

You go: blocked or action failed? Did you target me last night?
————
You put yourself out there. You shouldn't have asked who he targeted in the first place. Obviously he picked up on what you meant at the time that you were a commuter.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Because it isn't. Even less when I can't choose what night to commute.

Which is funny because I told Natiko that it was really dissapointing that I got a boring role like a commuter when I expected half the roster to have some crazy roles.
How is possibly stopping a nk or wasting scum actions not a powerful role?