• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay looking back on it it IS a reasonable inferrence but it's still a bit of an assumption and not immediately obvious. Definitely not the slam dunk I was thinking I had lol

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Just came to say I'll be around in about 2.5 hours. I see that one post so I'll say my top two town are Gorlak and Fandorin. To briefly answer your question, Gorlak, Fandorin seems very relaxed and chill here - and I've played with him as scum, and this doesn't strike me as scum Fando at all - less concerned about how he comes across by far. I also think he's focused on what he sees as solving and I think in the case of Meatwad he's right. I can answer more in depth when I get back.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Why would you target anyone with a role like that Meatwad? Especially someone fairly town read as well in Fanto?

Scum were given fake claims and presumably shared them with one another
This could just be flavor though right? I was scum in Maple Street where we all had Alien names. Our fake claims were just human names (flavor, no roles)

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Meatwad why did you choose those targets?

Also I would like an answer to this.
Who could answer that?
Why would you target anyone with a role like that Meatwad? Especially someone fairly town read as well in Fanto?

This could just be flavor though right? I was scum in Maple Street where we all had Alien names. Our fake claims were just human names (flavor, no roles)
Up to game runner if they get fake claims as well as names.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Mafia Universe definition says that the hider would die if he hides behind scum, making them a weak cop:

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/database/mafia-roles/role/?mafiarole=Hider

But Mafiascum has 2 variants: a weak hider and a normal hider. The weak hider dies if he targets scum, the normal hider doesn't:

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Hider

So, if Meatwad is saying the truth, that would make him a normal hider by Mafiascum definition and he can't check aligments.

Right I can't check alignments. Only way I can find scum is to hide behind scum and die. At that point I am dead

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Natiko answered and not all roles would get a notification if an action failed. I assume that he will tell players who are getting a result that their action failed (like what Kitsu claimed) and not telling players who don't get a result.

So Meatwad wouldn't receive a notification that his hide failed.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Natiko answered and not all roles would get a notification if an action failed. I assume that he will tell players who are getting a result that their action failed (like what Kitsu claimed) and not telling players who don't get a result.

So Meatwad wouldn't receive a notification that his hide failed.

Right I received zero notification of my action failing. Considering Fantomas ended up being the N2 target. I just got lucky

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Unless I'm misunderstanding wouldn't the better play be to just not use your power?

Why would I not use my power? By not using my power I leave myself open to be NK. It's better to use it than to not use it
No benefit or penalty occurred to anyone N1 or N2 from me using my power. So I don't see how leaving myself exposed is the better play

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Then why would you hide if you know you're town? You'd essentially be giving scum a free NK? And knowing this not only did you still choose to hide, but you also hid behind your town read(s)?

Because if I am targeted then I don't die and in that case there is no NK?

It's a risk Vs reward situation

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Why did you think Fanto had less chance of being a target? You admit he was townie.

Fanto was very active during the day. He would've been a high profile kill for scum and from my experience on both sides. Scum doesn't like to go for a high profile kill N. But it's a crapshoot you can't reliably predict anything, you just gotta take a chance