• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not that you've tried that, where do we go and who do we lunch?
A quarter pounder, the superior burger to the big mac.

Jokes aside, Fran's seemed weird to me all game and some of the way Monkey has engaged seems weird and pockety. I would be more detailed but I am lying in bed right now and should be sleeping. It's 7am and I've been up all night. I hope that's satisfactory enough for you right now.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Still on day 2, not understanding why kits felt the need to claim backpack/ oddity searcher. Her reasoning mentioned something about letting town know it wasn't just scum v town. That doesn't make sense.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the input kits, really. If you have the time:

Fran has been a non-entity by his standards. What seems weird to you?
When Fran has posted there has been an undertone of aggression. When Fran's been questioned, that's turned into defensiveness. Now that might just be a game approach thing, because I know for some people that attitude is NAI (like uh. Me. For example.), but it seemed to be over a lot of stuff that didn't really necessitate that intense style of posting. Idk. Mafia has always seemed to me in part a referendum on one's attitude. Maybe it's just the natural response to suspect that sort of thing.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still on day 2, not understanding why kits felt the need to claim backpack/ oddity searcher. Her reasoning mentioned something about letting town know it wasn't just scum v town. That doesn't make sense.
Helps us know Scum numbers and solve the game better. If there's a neutral running around and a player role is built on balancing that then it must be a powerful neutral and thus something to be concerned about.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Y'all are taking this entirely out of context. Yes, on d1 I said that I didn't think Meatwad was a good d1 vote target. And neither of these takes addresses my responses to similar doubt then that it's kind of ridiculous for me to throw myself in front of Meatwad in this way. I mean really, let's think through what Kopite is leading up to:
D1 I say: let's not vote Meatwad today! We'll vote him in the future maybe but not now!
D2 I fake a red check (again I guess to protect Meatwad and also myself) which isn't just a fake check but an elaborate scheme

So in this scenario, for me to continue to put myself on the line for Meatwad, Meatwad has to have a pretty good role, right? Because no offensive to Meatwad here, but I think I'm probably a more valuable scum team member just on the grounds that I have more experience doing it successfully in this community. Do we have any reason for me to do this? It's not a roleblocker. Is it the handprinter? What am I protecting to stack all this?

Not only does this seem ridiculous, but it also seems like a trap, especially with Kopite's post. Now if I continue to not scum read Meatwad, I'm scum; if I scumread Meatwad, I'm also scum. But why would I set up a future bus on someone I've also been protecting?

Neither of this takes into account my reads for today, which I haven't even posted. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Doing this without at least checking in to see where I am on Meatwad feels like angling up to make me a target for today. Which, whatever. Shoot your shot. I know I'm in a weird place after yesterday. But that's a weird enough role and position that you don't need to spin a big thing around it.
I don't like this defence at all. Assuming his scum, Meatwad didn't need a powerful role for you to protect him on D1. You'd do it because he was off the alignment. And you're making it sound like you Green Checked him or something, you literally said something to the effect of "We can lynch him later."

And your last paragraph on not waiting for you, what are you even talking about? I'm now supposed to wait for everyone to give a read on someone specific before I can deliver my own? What if you don't mention Meatwad, guess I'll take my theory to the grave then. You pushed for more activity several times this game so delivering a take like that. And yes I do believe its perfectly possible for you to fake a red check this elaborately, I think you're a competent enough player to do that

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry for trying to understand the status of the game.
But it doesn't actually look like you are. This is also my issue. It looks like you're more determined to defend your very narrow view of the game, which is a possible view but does not actually get at other factors.

I'm really not sure if it's just a play difference in how we view things or what but it looks like you're actually avoiding discussion of other possibilities. Like why does keeping you alive in particular help scum if you're not looking for them? Why would scum kill you over Fantomas anyway?

A quarter pounder, the superior burger to the big mac.

Jokes aside, Fran's seemed weird to me all game and some of the way Monkey has engaged seems weird and pockety. I would be more detailed but I am lying in bed right now and should be sleeping. It's 7am and I've been up all night. I hope that's satisfactory enough for you right now.
This is the second time you've said I'm trying to pocket you but all you do it say it. Where in the hell am I trying to pocket you in this?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Helps us know Scum numbers and solve the game better. If there's a neutral running around and a player role is built on balancing that then it must be a powerful neutral and thus something to be concerned about.
Oh and before i really truly go to bed, this is all amplified by the game being Bastard. Important to not forget the potential craziness at play. Part of why I decided that the more info town had, the better.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
all you do is say it* (as in you're not actually making an argument, just yelling MONKEY IS TRYING TO POCKET ME)

Oct 27, 2017
either the answers are wrong (from Natiko & wrong) or they are coming from dead/spec and filtered through Natiko for formal phrasing.
That's your conlusion? Your leaving the scum possibly being the other side out *again*?

I went ahead and asked because I figured it would help us get a sense of where my answers come from.
How? What? Why? I absolutely undertand nothing about why you behaved with your role as you did. Do you still see value in your role here in any possible way?
I'm not talking about a person switcher, but whomever switched Maol's role. The role changer, overwriter, I don't know how to phrase it.
Right, sorry, I was really perplexed there. Someone with the ability to change/alter your role. Let's not use switch, that implies Mao's role went to someone else.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
That's your conlusion? Your leaving the scum possibly being the other side out *again*?
Yes, Gorlak, because there is literally nothing in my role PM to indicate that at all, no hints, no clues, no possibility from the wording and I really have no idea where you're even getting that. It says dead players. I suppose it's possible all the scum team is dead but that's total speculation. But either way that brings us back to my role being essentially useless, yeah?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
How? What? Why? I absolutely undertand nothing about why you behaved with your role as you did. Do you still see value in your role here in any possible way?
No, I don't see any value in it really at this time. All we know is that we can't trust the answers.
Right, sorry, I was really perplexed there. Someone with the ability to change/alter your role. Let's not use switch, that implies Mao's role went to someone else.
You're right, that's why I altered my wording in the next post.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But it doesn't actually look like you are. This is also my issue. It looks like you're more determined to defend your very narrow view of the game, which is a possible view but does not actually get at other factors.

I'm really not sure if it's just a play difference in how we view things or what but it looks like you're actually avoiding discussion of other possibilities. Like why does keeping you alive in particular help scum if you're not looking for them? Why would scum kill you over Fantomas anyway?

This is the second time you've said I'm trying to pocket you but all you do it say it. Where in the hell am I trying to pocket you in this?
I know this debate can rage on for hours but prod me again when I'm awake. Short answer:
-when i revealed my role
-you are in the position of providing a counter argument to the simplest solution to the existance of my role because that's how facts work. I don't make things muddier than they need to be and you haven't got a compelling case here. Getting into the weeds when there's no need is time wasting, not game solving. Convince me there's a need and I'll do it. That's not avoiding; that's common sense.

Please don't try and make me stay up longer by continuing this right this second, we can do that later i guess. I know it's hard to stop in the heat of things (just look at my entire mafia history) but I really gotta sleep. Thanks for understanding! >.o

Oct 27, 2017
because there is literally nothing in my role PM to indicate that at all, no hints, no clues, no possibility from the wording and I really have no idea where you're even getting that. It says dead players
So if that was clear from the start, why did you ask about fandorin's post again:
I went ahead and asked because I figured it would help us get a sense of where my answers come from.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also in the post you quoted i never said you were trying to pocket me in particular, but I did say that the first time. The second time it was intentionally broader usage.

Agh why can't i stop making these clarifications? I'M GOIN' TO BED, REPLYING IS TOO TEMPTING YOU GUYS AÀAAAAAAAH

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
So if that was clear from the start, why did you ask about fandorin's post again:
This is all stuff I've walked through before. It says dead players but it absolutely did not look like the first result came from turmoil, who had no reason to say Maol was scum, especially now that we know he wasn't. Does it make sense to you that turmoil would say Maol is scum? That + the phrasing made it seem like it was more likely to be Natiko.

It's possible the entire role PM text about that is a lie but that seems less bastard and more just ridiculous. I mean, it's possible, but I would put it at a far outlier. But I asked about Fandorin's post because that was something objectively, indisputably true - and was told it wasn't. So now at least we know that the results are either always lies or they do come from spec/dead folks who were told to lie (or, I suppose, in your outlier change, from scum - but I don't know why they would lie in this case. It seems like it would be more prudent for scum to tell the truth to muddy the waters further, don't you think?).

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Btw assuming a scummie swapped roles with Mao, that means that scum I'd is going to die tomorrow right? I'd be wary of bussing this phase

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
So mao was lynched due to the "red check" of monkey?

I'm at the part where monkey simply explains away the possible switcher angle with "I don't know"

It seems monkey communicates directly with nat. So how could a switcher even be a possibility?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I am saying - as I said - that this doesn't fit with your votes in this game so far AND I don't recall you taking this kind of "lead" in games we've played before. It stands out on both fronts.

The first point I can agree with, the latter I don't because I've said that same thing a million times before. But that doesn't matter anyway because past games mean essentially nothing.

Oct 27, 2017
Dr. Monkey - you think your role is useless, so what could affect things negatively here? Is your power a detriment to town? Mao had no active power and I doubt you'd get an overview of people who can't do anyting at night or sth. like that. Where is the problem in revealing everything?

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe I haven't caught up to that, are you talking about the "hated" thing?
Catch up first, Mao had a 'dying soldier' role at the start of the game and then a 'hated' role at the start of D2. The role swapper/power is most likely scum, and I think 'Role Swapper' Scum 1 tried to help 'hated' Scum too swap their power with someone else. This couldnt have worked on everyone but it did on Mao since 'dying soldier' isnt tied to alignment. If that's right we should see a scummie die tomorrow and will need to be wary of bussing today

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Uh what do you think happened to Mao then?

So, I'm conflicted on this because my role changed overnight.

I was vanilla before and the power I got doesn't make sense if they swapped it from scum to town. Unless they thought it was worthless or chose two town to swap between but I guess I don't see scum or anyone being able to swap roles twice in a row. That seems too powerful.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea what is triggering this but I don't think it's a role swapper.

Oct 27, 2017
Top Two Scum overview:

kits: Fran
Fran: Fat4All, Kalor
Monkey: Kalor, Zeke
Malus: Fran, Zeke
Zeke: ...
Fat4all: Monkey
Kopite: Meatwad, Kalor
Kalor: Zeke, Meatwad
Meatwad: Fandorin, Zeke
Fandorin: Meatwad, Kalor/Zeke

Gorlak: Idk at this point, I'm crying. First two days definitely make me feel very bad about Kalor. He picked up now, because he was feeling the heat. *pending current developments... gnah.
For a second place probably Meatwad.

Oct 27, 2017
Dr. Monkey - what I find so baffling is your lack of distinct questioning and theory development. You've gone into three town on D1: me, turmoil and mao. D2 was set in motion by you and I don't recall anything breathtaking. Skimming your posts you nodded Fantomas towards kits here, took off heat from meatwad there, but there is no inquisition. You are lacking the scumhunting part.

It's D3 and you haven't even touched voting behaviour.

Vote: Dr. Monkey

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
So, I'm conflicted on this because my role changed overnight.

I was vanilla before and the power I got doesn't make sense if they swapped it from scum to town. Unless they thought it was worthless or chose two town to swap between but I guess I don't see scum or anyone being able to swap roles twice in a row. That seems too powerful.
So what you have now is defo a town role?

Did anyone lose their role and is now vanilla?

Oct 27, 2017
To underline my argument:
It's my feeling (almost always) that more interactions=better flip, particularly when we're talking about something in early game that we will want to reference again later. Ties to more players = more clues and more places to look. And while turmoil has interacted with more people than you, I don't think it's been quite so wild as you frame it here and there have been very specific conversation threads that can be followed.
Where is the follow--up? Where is anything? Turmoil is dead and you don't care! Why are you not looking at Fran and Meatwad, who both were the alternatives to now confirmed town on D1 at the end? Why is the Mao push not looked at? Ah right, you instigated that one. But you're not even worried that your push created that wagon. You don't look who got neglected for that.

This is not town monkey behaviour.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I've got family stuff all afternoon so I won't be back until this evening to finish up my readlist and address posts so y'all can holler at me in the meantime or wait until then.

Gorlak, I opened the day talking about votes and nobody has given a shit.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
So what you have now is defo a town role?

Did anyone lose their role and is now vanilla?

The role itself could be both town or scum, works for both sides. But I have reason to believe no swapping was involved so no-one else had this role before me, at least in my case.