• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this lynch is a mistake with the way this is going. Unless scum just don't want to attract attention by voting for Maol or trying to push the vote onto someone else (Or are already on the vote).

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
If Maol were not here and my whole situation was not what it is, I would probably be voting for Kalor, though who knows, maybe he would have done more if things were different. But I hope tomorrow we get folks energized again.

Definitely feeling town on Gorlak and Fantomas more than anyone else. Still not really feeling the Meatwad scum vibes myself but I'll keep in mind what folks have said about him.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
My thought is scum will stay off this wagon as to not stick out when one or two of them flip. Since there's no other real wagons today, they don't have much option other than to not vote.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this lynch is a mistake with the way this is going. Unless scum just don't want to attract attention by voting for Maol or trying to push the vote onto someone else (Or are already on the vote).
I mean, that's the problem and it's kinda my fault so RIP. It's an easy vote to justify regardless and easy to justify NOT voting, too.

I do feel like we can sort out who said what though and where folks' priorities were once we get the flip and information about my role, his role/alignment, and this potential role s/wiper.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, that's the problem and it's kinda my fault so RIP. It's an easy vote to justify regardless and easy to justify NOT voting, too.

I do feel like we can sort out who said what though and where folks' priorities were once we get the flip and information about my role, his role/alignment, and this potential role s/wiper.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Fran?

What's your legacy Mao?
My legacy will be everything I posted today plus town getting confirmation I'm town. People will be more willing to listen to what I said in hindsight without the thought that I'm scum hanging in the air. If there's a player with a better investigative role than Monkey, they have their targets.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
It's pretty easy to say "I dunno about this Lynch", but unless you have a convincing alternative saying this so close to the days end rings hollow.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Here for EoD but yeah, not gunna swap my vote.

I'll look more closely at things overnight and get some good thoughts down tomorrow assuming I live.

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start - Day End

Maolfunction (5 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #508 #517
Kitsunelaine - #797
Kalor - #864
Vincent Alexander - #930 #992
Fat4all - #1,027
Kopite - #1,102
Meatwad - #1,165

Meatwad (3 votes)
Fantomas - #1,035
Fandorin - #1,086
Gorlak - #1,173

Fran (1 votes)
Maolfunction - #832

Gorlak (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #655 #797

Dr. Monkey (0 votes)
Gorlak - #509 #513

Kalor (0 votes)
Gorlak - #833 #1,173

Not voting: Fran, malus, Dr. Monkey, EzekelRAGE

Post Counts:
Gorlak: 92 Dr. Monkey: 84 Fat4all: 79 Kitsunelaine: 79 Fantomas: 72 Fandorin: 53 Fran: 51 Maolfunction: 51 Meatwad: 24 Vincent Alexander: 24 Kopite: 20 Kalor: 18 malus: 12 EzekelRAGE: 2

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Last edited:
Day 2 End
OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I always observe the people who pass by when I ride an escalator. I'll never see most of them again, so I imagine a lot of things about their lives... about the day ahead of them. Except Maolfunction. No more days ahead for that guy.

Maolfunction has died!

Welcome Maolfunction,

You are CDT6 Operative the Dying

You are aligned with the Stoic Good Team (That's the TOWN).

You're just a generic soldier that, well, dies. As the Dying, you will automatically die at the end of Day 4 if you have not died before then. You also have the ability to vote.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

You may access the game thread here.

Your role has been changed! You are now Hated. It takes one less vote than majority to lynch you.

NIGHT 2 BEGINS

Night 2 Ends:
ra8jjk4lfv

Night actions are due two hours before day start.

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Night actions lock in 2.5 hours. I may start the day a little early as well as an FYI.

Day 3 Start
OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Fantomas... Do you think love can bloom, even in a mafia game?

Fantomas said:
Yeah, I do. I believe at any time, any place, people can fall in love with each other. But... if you love someone, you have to be able to protect them.

Oops

Fantomas has died!

Welcome Fantomas,

You are Heartman the Loved.

You are aligned with the Stoic Good Team (That's the TOWN)

Your name is Heartman - people surely love you, right? It takes one additional vote past majority to trigger a majority lynch on you. You also have the ability to vote.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

You may access the game thread here.

----------
DAY 3 BEGINS

Day 3 Ends:
akalnxzfq1

Majority is 6

Vote Tool:
https://vote.fireblend.com/146404/

Player List:
Kitsunelaine
Fran
malus
Fat4all
Kalor
Vincent Alexander
Kopite
Meatwad
Dr. Monkey
Fandorin
Gorlak

Last edited:

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so Maol's role change seems to have been an intended mechanic based on how their death post was laid out, rather than a weird mid game balance change like it was presented as. Unless I'm just reading too much into the death post and the latter was the case still.

I need to reread some stuff because I'm not sure where I want to look today.

So...........summary of events/flips/claims?

*truffleshuffle*

Are you saying you didn't catch up overnight?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, that's low. Fanto is big mad in spec right now since it's the weekend and he could actually play. I am out shopping, and I will not be in for a couple of hours I think.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, that's low. Fanto is big mad in spec right now since it's the weekend and he could actually play. I am out shopping, and I will not be in for a couple of hours I think.

How do you know? Was Fanto already in the dead chat early last night, or am I misunderstanding how your role works? Or was that just a guess.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
y'all already know my stance

Monkeys moves yesterday feel to me like a power play they tried to repackage into being more believable while also feigning responsibility from it

"red check"

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, I expected some activity. Saturday, huh.

Okay, so I asked about Fandorin's post and was told it was NOT true (and again it was phrased formally, so if it's coming from the outside, it's at least "translated") so what we have is this:

2/2 answers were wrong, but Fran told spec/dead if they were answering to lie and some others agreed, so maybe it's that-
or maybe it's RNGed.
But either way my answers are either opposite or cannot be trusted. So I think I'm effectively useless. Sorry to Maol for that. My guess is that in design it probably wasn't expected that the spirit talker would just come out with it but would just use the information to inform their play? I don't know. I really don't know what I'm supposed to do with this.

I'm curious if anything else happened to Gorlak post-handprint and if anyone else got marked. I did not.

I was wrong about my 2 scumreads. I going to be honest, I don't have a clue.
I have some thoughts but I'm not feeling super great right now myself. I think I'll focus on questions/discussion for a while and maybe put up reads tomorrow morning after assessing. I do think the EoD votes, despite everything, give us some things to look at. This was all I did overnight:

Active Maol voters:
Kitsunelaine
Kalor
Fat4All
Kopite
Meatwad

Active Meatwad voters
Fantomas
Fandorin
Gorlak

Fanto's obviously town now but at EoD, these three on Meatwad certainly seemed towniest. I would not vote Gorlak or Fandorin today unless there was some extreme shit that happened to change that; I'm putting them firmly in my town stack. I would guess there is at least one scum in the Maol voters. I think it's least likely to be Fat4All. I don't know if scum hammers so hard on me here. Maybe? I suppose it could be busywork to avoid scumhunting others but it feels like Fatdog's been putting more effort into that than necessary to raise those suspicions/do that than scum would have to.

Tinfoil hat consideration: Gorlak being killed over Fanto was either out of concern for a protective role or the handprint isn't a neutral but a scum thing. (This is my wild speculation for the day)

This tho:
Okay, so Maol's role change seems to have been an intended mechanic based on how their death post was laid out, rather than a weird mid game balance change like it was presented as. Unless I'm just reading too much into the death post and the latter was the case still.
Did you ever raise the idea that there was some balance change yesterday? Has that ever happened? Because this seems like a wild conclusion to jump to that the gamerunner was rebalancing the game midplay. I also don't think Maol presented it that way. It seemed like a misunderstanding that was corrected or he was playing it that way - that he thought at first it was just an added modifier.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, I expected some activity. Saturday, huh.

Okay, so I asked about Fandorin's post and was told it was NOT true (and again it was phrased formally, so if it's coming from the outside, it's at least "translated") so what we have is this:

2/2 answers were wrong, but Fran told spec/dead if they were answering to lie and some others agreed, so maybe it's that-
or maybe it's RNGed.
But either way my answers are either opposite or cannot be trusted. So I think I'm effectively useless. Sorry to Maol for that. My guess is that in design it probably wasn't expected that the spirit talker would just come out with it but would just use the information to inform their play? I don't know. I really don't know what I'm supposed to do with this.

I'm curious if anything else happened to Gorlak post-handprint and if anyone else got marked. I did not.

I have some thoughts but I'm not feeling super great right now myself. I think I'll focus on questions/discussion for a while and maybe put up reads tomorrow morning after assessing. I do think the EoD votes, despite everything, give us some things to look at. This was all I did overnight:

Active Maol voters:
Kitsunelaine
Kalor
Fat4All
Kopite
Meatwad

Active Meatwad voters
Fantomas
Fandorin
Gorlak

Fanto's obviously town now but at EoD, these three on Meatwad certainly seemed towniest. I would not vote Gorlak or Fandorin today unless there was some extreme shit that happened to change that; I'm putting them firmly in my town stack. I would guess there is at least one scum in the Maol voters. I think it's least likely to be Fat4All. I don't know if scum hammers so hard on me here. Maybe? I suppose it could be busywork to avoid scumhunting others but it feels like Fatdog's been putting more effort into that than necessary to raise those suspicions/do that than scum would have to.

Tinfoil hat consideration: Gorlak being killed over Fanto was either out of concern for a protective role or the handprint isn't a neutral but a scum thing. (This is my wild speculation for the day)

This tho:

Did you ever raise the idea that there was some balance change yesterday? Has that ever happened? Because this seems like a wild conclusion to jump to that the gamerunner was rebalancing the game midplay. I also don't think Maol presented it that way. It seemed like a misunderstanding that was corrected or he was playing it that way - that he thought at first it was just an added modifier.

I forget where I said it, maybe my first post after they mentioned it changing, but that's how I read it at the time. Maybe partly influenced by my own experience when I think about it from Quarantine mafia where I suddenly got a second role that wasn't originally intended.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about leaving Maol alone for today but we have to get rid of them today after that. This is a weird thing to judge when we have no idea of the balance but I don't see changes being made to a role like that at this point. Especially one thats already revealed. Maybe I'm wrong and I wouldn't be surprised if I was but the possibility exists that this is an elaborate lie to lower the potential heat and live longer.

Vote: Maolfunction

Oh found my post where I mentioned it.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, at the moment, it definitely felt like Maol was pulling something (though he wasn't, he was totally truthful) but wasn't Quarantine one of those games from way back when shit was wild and chaotic? Like please tell how you legit read this as oops, a new role.

Also, I meant to mention this earlier and forgot: I really don't know what to make of Zeke not at least looking at the flips. Are you on the road or something, man? The flips are linked, they're easy to get to. Why would you want that filtered through others?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Also, I meant to mention this earlier and forgot: I really don't know what to make of Zeke not at least looking at the flips. Are you on the road or something, man? The flips are linked, they're easy to get to. Why would you want that filtered through others?
What is there to make of it? Seems like something so small to try to nitpick at 🤔.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
What is there to make of it? Seems like something so small to try to nitpick at 🤔.
No, I don't think it's nitpicky at all to wonder why you would want a summary rather than looking at the role flips yourself.

General summary of big moments I get. Flips I don't.

D1 turmoil was kind of a mess and then we had a weird EoD with several people in contention but going into it, seemed turmoil was going to be the one regardless and he was.

D2 I opened with information on Maol which turned out inaccurate*; kits also claimed as the backpack that detects "spooky things." She reads this as she has to find one person, presumably. What happens then we don't know.

There have been on again, off again pushes for Meatwad that put him into contention vs Maol, but Maol wanted to be voted out, and there was some weirdness around his role that turned out totally accurate - he was original a dying soldier (he would die d4, automatically) but his role was changed from something/someone into just hated.

Gorlak was marked with a handprint n1. We don't know more than that.

*I opened d2 with the comment this was a red check because the answer I got from Natiko was phrased as a red check. Throughout the day we discussed how to deal with my results, which have big flaming question marks around them and we made some test posts yesterday for me to check lie detector style; the results said the post was false, when it wasn't, so my role is bogus, who the fuck knows.

You should read the flips because that's important info. You should probably at least read the posts where Gorlak tried to tease out information on the marker, kits claimed and I claimed.