• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Very brief reread on Kalor, he has some curious interactions with VA. Starts off calling VA out for claiming town lol, which is odd. And then over the course of the game he now townreads VA because apparently VA is genuinely trying to gamesolve, and I think few of us feel that way. What does this mean, if they're both scum would Kalor draw attention to his teammate so early, or did he pick on something harmless because it was safest to do so, and he'd 'come around' on VA over the course of the game? Something I'd pay closer attention to.

Meatwad's my strongest scum read for now, I don't feel good about them and think they're not really interested in solving the game, most likely because they might know who's scum already lel.

I still can't see beyond lunching Mao though, we need to see that flip

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Anyway guys it's 1.30ish and I need to be up at 6 for some teambuilding trip. I can't be up until day end. Good night.

Vote: Maolfunction

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Love you all, but I've asked to be replaced. I'm not giving this game the full attention it deserves, so hopefully Nat can whip you up a more active player in my stead. The bomb cyclone that hammered the hell out of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, etc. these last few days has left a lot of people without power and phone service, and I'm directly involved in trying to get them up-and-running so they can have heat. Or a phone line in case of medical emergencies. We're just now getting some of our areas up on generators, so today and this weekend is going to be extremely busy as we move onto phase 2.
Best of luck VA! Definitely a good excuse to ask for a replacement.
That's a lot of town reads. If I read this correctly your only scum read is Meatwad. Who do you think would be his partners?
I'd put Kalor and VA as scum leans, despite having little to add on them at this point.

On Meatwad's partners, I'm not sure outside of the fact that I'm not seeing the link between him and Fran. Since his reads are pretty safe, I think I'd be hard pressed to find some unconventional link in there.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Love you all, but I've asked to be replaced. I'm not giving this game the full attention it deserves, so hopefully Nat can whip you up a more active player in my stead. The bomb cyclone that hammered the hell out of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, etc. these last few days has left a lot of people without power and phone service, and I'm directly involved in trying to get them up-and-running so they can have heat. Or a phone line in case of medical emergencies. We're just now getting some of our areas up on generators, so today and this weekend is going to be extremely busy as we move onto phase 2.
That's big necessary work and thank you for being someone who does it. <3

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok so not much more to catch up on here.

Yeah, I still agree that Mao really should be the vote today and I'm sure that's what we'll do, I can vote there if need be but I dont think it's super necessary since I think we are all in agreement on that, including Mao himself.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I've got about 10 minutes though if anyone wants to ask me anything while I'm on break.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
This is an interesting point that I hadn't really considered. I also think someone else said earlier (sorry I don't remember who and I'm not going to look back for the quote) that perhaps this is cover for the fact that Kits is actually the Neutral? Maybe it was Gorlak who said this? I could see that being a possibility just based on Kits' gambit from LiS where she pretended like she had info about a Snitch being on the Town team, when in reality, she was the Snitch.
Yes, I remember that now, that's where that thought came from. Kits may have decided to position herself as the opposite of what her actual role was due to your bluff. It would give her some cover while she needs to mark however many people she needs to mark, or whatever is going on with that role.

I could buy that as being a possibility, though I will say I still think the easiest answer is just that Kits is telling the truth. I can see a world where we have a Neutral who needs to mark people like that and probably win in some kind of Arsonist fashion, and then a Town player who can help to uncover and stop them before they can cause their damage. I don't think that is out of the realm of possibility for a 15 person game like this if that is a Neutral role marking people like an Arsonist would.

Fantomas, I don't know if I missed you, but can you talk to me about this? How do you go from "kits totally did this thing before" to "it's easier to believe kits is not doing that thing here?"

I don't really see how you got there - like why is this easier to believe in your eyes? "Not outside the realm of possibility" doesn't really equate to easy for me especially since you brought up her previous play.

@Dr. Monkey I probably missed this, but did you answer Fat4All and I when we questioned whether your role is actually "targetable"? Since you had a post previous to Maol's claim supposing the amount of actions on him, I think this could be important.
I can't confirm because it wasn't confirmed for me when I asked.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Could be remembering this wrong, but we had Splinter as a vanilla townie in HvV1 while at the same time having faircure as Yugi, AKA the most batshit town PR ever. That is actually weirder to me than the claimed role from Maol.

Splinter was not a townie. He was recruitable scum.

Anyone knows the votecounts? Because the vote tool isn't working.

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

Maolfunction (4 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #508 #517
Kitsunelaine - #797
Kalor - #864
Vincent Alexander - #930 #992
Fat4all - #1,027
Kopite

Meatwad (2 votes)
Fantomas - #1,035
Fandorin - #1,086

Kalor (1 votes)
Gorlak - #833

Fran (1 votes)
Maolfunction - #832

Gorlak (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #655 #797

Dr. Monkey (0 votes)
Gorlak - #509 #513

Not voting: Fran, Meatwad, EzekelRAGE, malus, Dr. Monkey

Current Countdown:
dngil36012

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fantomas, I don't know if I missed you, but can you talk to me about this? How do you go from "kits totally did this thing before" to "it's easier to believe kits is not doing that thing here?"

I don't really see how you got there - like why is this easier to believe in your eyes? "Not outside the realm of possibility" doesn't really equate to easy for me especially since you brought up her previous play.

I can't confirm because it wasn't confirmed for me when I asked.
Alright. Thank you for answering.
Splinter was not a townie. He was recruitable scum.

Anyone knows the votecounts? Because the vote tool isn't working.
Huh, I guess that doesn't work. Point still stands.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
This idea was offered in lieu of lunching Maol since if we do we find out anyway but we may also want to try it regardless.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
@Fantomas, I don't know if I missed you, but can you talk to me about this? How do you go from "kits totally did this thing before" to "it's easier to believe kits is not doing that thing here?"

I guess I should have said that, at least in my opinion, occams razor would say shes probably just telling the truth about her role, but that I can totally see a world where it is another Kits Gambit.

Not on break right now, just have some down time at the moment, so apologies if I dont respond again right away if you wanted more from me on this.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if you said anything about this, but is the pool of players you can "target" is the same every night or does it change somehow?
It changes and that's all I can say about it.
Also, several people have mentioned that my D1 play didn't line up with wanting to be night killed and I'm not quite sure what they expect in order to be killed D1. I played expressly townie, my EoD play was extremely town flavored. I'm not the only player who thought so, it's been stated by several players now. Does scum not want to get rid of players that are perceived as town? What do you all mean that my play D1 wasn't consistent with getting night killed? Makes little sense to me to say that.
Maol, there were several people who definitely believed you didn't "play expressly townie" and I think that's what's getting referenced. For much of the day you didn't really engage much because of the odds - it's really only EoD where there's more of a split about how to read your behavior (as townie or not).

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I should have said that, at least in my opinion, occams razor would say shes probably just telling the truth about her role, but that I can totally see a world where it is another Kits Gambit.

Not on break right now, just have some down time at the moment, so apologies if I dont respond again right away if you wanted more from me on this.
No, I can see where you're coming from here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is a really shitty person.

Does this work?
lol y'all are terrible at this.

Your name probably isn't Meatwad, but your username is is. And as for yours, Fran, god he is but there's a whole lotta people out there who somehow think he isn't so it is blatantly, objectively true?

Anyway, the idea that came up earlier in the thread was - I think it was Fanto who suggested? - that maybe we could test this like a lie detector. I ask about a blatantly true statement and we determine if the power/results are to be trusted. It's not 100% but it might be worth a shot.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda lost how this would help - wouldn't you waste a night doing this? But alright.

This is the post no. 1,129.
I don't HAVE to do it - it was raised as an idea and I'm not against it and we also have time to discuss. But I can't do it without posts to use so if we even want to consider it, might as well give me fodder.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I think I understand how that power would work and it's not like a medium. If my guess is right Natiko could be answering this questions.

But if you want to get more info: Spec chat, if you have to answer a question, lie please.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't HAVE to do it - it was raised as an idea and I'm not against it and we also have time to discuss. But I can't do it without posts to use so if we even want to consider it, might as well give me fodder.
Yeah, I saw Fantomas suggestion too. I just thought it would have a different implication when I saw it, but if you think it's a worthy idea then zero objections from me.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
But if you want to get more info: Spec chat, if you have to answer a question, lie please.
Yes, this is definitely a good idea if we want to try testing things with this role I think.

----

About to head on my lunch break now, so if anyone has questions for me, throw them my way now and I'll try to answer within the next half hour.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Well I dont really feel the need to move my vote before EoD if we are all in agreement on the Mao lunch still.

I dont think theres anything else off the top of my head that I want to comment on for now, but I'll be around for another 15 minutes or so at least, perhaps sneaking some looks at my phone when I get back in as well.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
OK I don't think there's much left I need to say before the end of the day. I'm willing to hammer myself if someone wants to place the 5th vote on me. Unless people think there's a reason to wait another 45 minutes or so. I'll be paying attention to the thread while on lunch.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize we got into the last hour of the day. i'm rather surprised by the vote count at the moment: we have Kitsu, Kalor, Fat4All and Kopite deciding the lynch - though the most active players have condoned with Maol's lynch, none of players actually voting are particularly town read.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize we got into the last hour of the day. i'm rather surprised by the vote count at the moment: we have Kitsu, Kalor, Fat4All and Kopite deciding the lynch - though the most active players have condoned with Maol's lynch, none of players actually voting are particularly town read.
Yeah, I was looking at that, too.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, unfortunately we dont have much vote data to look back on for today, it's been a strange phase.

Heading back in to work now but I'll try to check in still.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

I thought that Kitsu was townreaded by most.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot that the day phase was ending so soon. Though I had less to catch up on than I expected. As people have remarked, this is a weird end of day.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
For the record I would be voting for Maol right now if there was any contention about the lunch.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda lost how this would help - wouldn't you waste a night doing this? But alright.

This is the post no. 1,129.
can I get a couple more people to do this? I really like the way Fandorin did it here - the post number thing is perfect. or like my "this text is bold" one. Something absolutely indisputable, no loopholes.