• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Why Kopite? I have nothing on him so another point of view could help.
His vote on D1 for Fat4All was pretty throwaway and he avoided taking a stance on Turmoil or anyone else in contention, which made me suspicious. Today he's engaged more in talking about role claims and mechanics than talking about any of his own reads, so to me it just seems like naturally scummy behavior.
I'm here. What do you want to talk about?
Anything really, I just prefer playing when other people are around to talk lol.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I am also rereading some stuff from today though, so I might go back and ask some questions if anything sticks out to me.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yes, as I stated above in my read list, Mao is who I would like to vote for today for basically all of the same reasons.

The more interesting question to ask, in my opinion, is who would you want to vote if we couldn't vote for Mao today? My answer would be Kalor.

Yeah if I couldn't vote for Mao I would go for a low info player such as Kalor, Kopite or Malus. They've shown up so infrequently this phase that they've pretty much been in my blind spot as I've tried to keep up with the major goings on and that concerns me. I'm not going to full on accuse anyone of trying to fly under the radar but they have been under my radar, I'm going to be keeping an eye on them going forward.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Hello, If you had to vote right at this moment who would it be? I'm personally leaning towards Mao myself, Because of the strange nature of his roleclaim, the fact that he only seems to appear to defend himself, and seems set on the idea Fran is scum without considering other possibilities, and then there's the red check Monkey says she got.

Seems like the safest bet imo. Thoughts?
This is the second time you've stated the fact I'm playing defensively like it's a bad thing and acting like I haven't made any other reads in the game, which is completely not true. I was almost lynched on D1 and today I'm a townie looking at a red check on me. What town mafia player do you know that would not play defense when faced with that situation? In fact, most of the game at this point revolves around me and how people perceive my play. It's not a very strong position to start jumping into reading other players when the rest of the game is squarely centered on me.

Second, I've made more reads than just Fran. I've indicated reasons why you yourself are not townie. And if Fran is scum, there's very good indications that you are also his teammate. Let's break that down. First, Fran votes you early on D1. Very easy bussing attempt. When he votes me, he ties the wagons between me and you, essentially protecting you by pushing my wagon further into contention. Next, come D2, you're keen with him to follow Monkey's red check, not stopping to consider if her role and her power are actually investigative or not. There's strong reasoning in both her claim and my claim that her results are tied to death, not alignment. But you've skipped past all of this to back up Fran, who's still firmly in the "Don't believe Mao" camp.

Third, a good chunk of the game has contributed fuck all to this game other than a few comments on my alignment and playstyle. I lean town on Gorlak, Monkey and Fat4All and explained my leans already. Fanto could be town, but he also doesn't seem to be engaging critically with what I've said at all, so who knows if he's attempting to skate through today undetected as scum or just also clueless townie trying to navigate a rather ridiculous day phase. The only other player I haven't said much is Fandorin, and Fando right now could also go either way. He's done a good job of staying active and considering the viewpoints off all the players, but he did the same thing as scum when I was partnered with him in HvV2, so there's not much of a stance I can take with him as of now.

I don't mind being the lunch today, but goddamn, saying that I'm not doing anything townie is just a flat out lie.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Well I certainly appreciate your reads, I am actually giving you a chance, otherwise I would have already dropped a vote. But surely you can see why people are skeptical of you. And yes I realize Monkey's role is non-standard and I am not trying to claim her red check is definitive. That doesn't mean though that we should just disregard it.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
or just also clueless townie trying to navigate a rather ridiculous day phase.
That, and the fact that I am not good at playing sporadically, I prefer to be around as much as possible, so not being around for like 3/4 of every day is something I am trying to get used to if I want to keep playing Mafia at all.

So a Meatwad + Fran + Fando world is what you're possibly looking at here? I could buy it, Meatwad feels like he's sheeping some majority opinions a lot, and Fando has somewhat given me that feel as well. Fran is always possible, he's really good and has fooled me early on in the past, like just last game in HvV2.

Can you point me to a post with your Town read on Fat4All by chance? I just checked back quick and saw one where you explained why he wouldn't be Scum with you, but didn't see a Town read on him.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I'm not sure I'm buying all of what Dr. Monkey is selling. Like I said prevoiusly in my drunken ramblings, the more I sit on today the less I trust how Dr. Monkey's claim unraveled through the day so far.

We started the day immediately with this:

I got lucky but I got a red check on Maolfunction last night.

This soft claim annoyed me for the reason I stated earlier today; why are you claiming so early, why couldn't you've sat on this info, etc.

Dr. Monkey's general response was:

Before I start responding to individual posts I will say I don't sit on red checks. Some people do and try to tease out reactions. I don't. I had a pretyped post in pineapple pizza mafia, too. I'd rather just put the information out there.

So. Dr. Monkey got a red check. Dr. Monkey does not sit on red checks. Simple enough.

Monkey goes through a few scenarios discussing the possible misdirection of her check on Maol. She calls her power a 'check' still at this point.

If town Maol (in which case, probably telling the truth)
I check Maol (town power 1)
Someone applies the hated modifier (could be any alignment)
Someone applies a switch or redirect or something (more likely scum but indeterminate)

Though at the start of the day Monkey is keen on not full claiming their role, they do so anyways (with very little prodding from others):

There is one thing and I honestly don't know what to make of it, like if it's flavor or a hint at bastardy and Natiko gave me nothing when I asked. I am Mama and my information (results) comes from my connection with the other side. As in dead players. That is specifically indicated.

I can ask for information but it's limited (I can only ask for information about certain players) AND Nat has to approve my question. So while there is nothing in my role PM that indicates this info ISN'T to be trusted, there's also absolutely nothing that proves they are OR if they actually come from dead players (people in spec). It comes down to whether or not we trust the phrasing. So you can see why I am not feeling super 100% AND why I did not want to begin speculating on scum powers d1 because what the absolute fuck balances this? The limits are there I guess because it's potentially broken as fuck without them.

So when I said there may be elements that impact my information, it comes down to just how bastard the game is and if dead players really means dead players (as in just turmoil at the time). turmoil and Ket's flips weren't particularly bastard. Even if Maol really did get hit with a modifier it apparently didn't change his actual role so that's not that bastard, either. So I lean toward... maybe not that bastard? Maybe the dead thing is flavory? I've been weighing everything all day so far and I honestly don't know where I come down on it. It felt like a holy shit moment when I got my results back, like hell yeah! but even while typing up my initial post I started to wonder and I've just wondered more as the day goes on.

This quote from a bit later is also relevent:

I'm in bed so I'm not grabbing the actual posts but I asked if Maol was aligned with town and got a no, not aligned with town. The answer was p traditional investigation type response which is why I don't know if my role stuff is actually just flavor or real like if I'm really asking people or if it's just a dressed up investigation role or what.

Ask one question/night
Question has to be approved
Can only reference limited pool of players

So, this is what sticks out to me:

Monkey asks "Is Maol aligned with Town" and got back the answer "No". Monkey said earlier that she could only ask specific questions, I'm wondering, if you could ask "Is Maol aligned with Town", could you of asked "Is Maol Scum"?

Monkey herself said she wasn't 100% positive where the information was coming from, but still considered this a "red check", when I feel like this could be one of any number of things.

But because Monkey felt this was a red check, and Monkey doesn't sit on red checks, day 2 opens with the claim. Looking more and more at this role, Mama, this is a role that seems like it would get better the longer it's in the game. A net positive for town when you get a few days in and have a stash of info you can drop when the need be.

Is Monkey expecting night protection? If she is Town I hope she gets it.

I feel the inconsistencies of the day 2 Monkey claim feels very unbalanced;

going from "I don't sit on red checks. I don't want to full claim unless I have to."

to "Here's the full claim, it's not exactly a red check, I have slight doubts about where it comes from"

(not direct quotes)

Her role doesn't sound like one that could be misdirected, or altered. Maybe the message comes from the dead, maybe it comes from Spec chat. I doubt it comes from Scum, going by the supposed wording from Monkeys claim.

Or Monkey came up with the role herself, and Mama is one of the provided Scum roles.

Sure lets lynch Maol today, maybe I'm too much in my own head about this and Monkey found some Scum.

but if they flip Town then I think Monkey is Scum, one hundo

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

I reread Kalor and Kopite.

Kalor: had a weird conversation with VA about a joke he made, voted 5th for Turmoil and he just parked the vote there. He didn't talked about anything else D1. D2 he just commented about Monkey's red check and Maol's claim. He is currently voting Maol. There is nothing to read here. It took me just 5 minutes to reread all of his posts. He is almost not playing the game.

Kopite: Made a weird comment about strong players vote, said that Doggo is a good vote because he could be chaotic like Blarg, voted for Fat4all. Nothing more D1. D2 he just talked a bit about Monkey's check and Kits claim. Also nothing much here. But that early comment about strong players is bothering me. I read it 4 times and it seemed worse everytime I reread it. It's such a strange take to make.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I felt not great about Fran for most of day one but I'm iffier today. I think without anything else on the table, I'd look at Fat4All or Kalor.

I'm amazed kits has so many posts. I guess they were all at once?

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
That, and the fact that I am not good at playing sporadically, I prefer to be around as much as possible, so not being around for like 3/4 of every day is something I am trying to get used to if I want to keep playing Mafia at all.

So a Meatwad + Fran + Fando world is what you're possibly looking at here? I could buy it, Meatwad feels like he's sheeping some majority opinions a lot, and Fando has somewhat given me that feel as well. Fran is always possible, he's really good and has fooled me early on in the past, like just last game in HvV2.

Can you point me to a post with your Town read on Fat4All by chance? I just checked back quick and saw one where you explained why he wouldn't be Scum with you, but didn't see a Town read on him.
Fran+Meatwad, yes. Fandom, maybe but also just as likely, if not more likely, to be one if the people who's really not playing.

I'm not sure who the third scum player is, but I'm comfortable with Gorlak and Fat4All being town at this point. The doggo gets town points just for asking good townie like questions all game.

Basically what Fran just quoted. He's one of the only players that didn't jump immediately to trusting Monkey's red check, which to me would be counter productive to being scum if their plan is to frame her once I flip.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I'm buying all of what Dr. Monkey is selling. Like I said prevoiusly in my drunken ramblings, the more I sit on today the less I trust how Dr. Monkey's claim unraveled through the day so far.

This soft claim annoyed me for the reason I stated earlier today; why are you claiming so early, why couldn't you've sat on this info, etc.

So. Dr. Monkey got a red check. Dr. Monkey does not sit on red checks. Simple enough.

Monkey goes through a few scenarios discussing the possible misdirection of her check on Maol. She calls her power a 'check' still at this point.

Though at the start of the day Monkey is keen on not full claiming their role, they do so anyways (with very little prodding from others):

Monkey asks "Is Maol aligned with Town" and got back the answer "No". Monkey said earlier that she could only ask specific questions, I'm wondering, if you could ask "Is Maol aligned with Town", could you of asked "Is Maol Scum"?

Monkey herself said she wasn't 100% positive where the information was coming from, but still considered this a "red check", when I feel like this could be one of any number of things.

But because Monkey felt this was a red check, and Monkey doesn't sit on red checks, day 2 opens with the claim. Looking more and more at this role, Mama, this is a role that seems like it would get better the longer it's in the game. A net positive for town when you get a few days in and have a stash of info you can drop when the need be.

going from "I don't sit on red checks. I don't want to full claim unless I have to."

to "Here's the full claim, it's not exactly a red check, I have slight doubts about where it comes from"

(not direct quotes)

Her role doesn't sound like one that could be misdirected, or altered. Maybe the message comes from the dead, maybe it comes from Spec chat. I doubt it comes from Scum, going by the supposed wording from Monkeys claim.

Or Monkey came up with the role herself, and Mama is one of the provided Scum roles.

Sure lets lynch Maol today, maybe I'm too much in my own head about this and Monkey found some Scum.

I have not full claimed. There is an aspect I will not reveal, as I've said like three times now, because it would impact the flow of gameplay in a negative way. I don't think it matters for evaluating the role, either.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
certainly feels like a full claim

you gave the role, the power, hell some flavor text and the name

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
certainly feels like a full claim

you gave the role, the power, hell some flavor text and the name
I also said it's a long PM and there's more to the role, including how it's limited.

If I was making up a claim (or if Nat was as a fake claim), you'd think it would be a little simpler.

As for your question, I'll ask. I assume so since I could ask about town.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Fran+Meatwad, yes. Fandom, maybe but also just as likely, if not more likely, to be one if the people who's really not playing.
Thank you, and yeah I'd probably agree there too. Out of the Shadow Lurkers in the room, do any of them stick out as looking more suspicious to you than the others? Mainly speaking of people like Malus, Kopite, Kalor, and Vincent.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017

(not direct quotes)

Hey look, even this post makes me think Fat4all is town. If the doggo is scum, it'd be pretty easy to just wait on my lunch and my flip. If doggo is scum, he knows I'm town, so he knows after the lunch, that Monkey is gonna look very bad start of D3. If he's scum, he sits on this info until the start of D3 and unleashes (dog puns!) all of this at day start, earning a bit of town cred in the process because any townie is gonna be suspicious of Monkey going into D3. It's not a scum tell and he's got a pretty good argument here.

But here's the thing. I don't think Fat knows my alignment because he posted this too early. He's keeping all his options wide and he's putting himself out there to make an argument against Monkey when he really doesn't have to yet if he's scum. If he's scum, he's dropped this too early to be effective as a scum ploy. If he's town he's clueless and trying to get a grasp on all the possibilities. I think the latter is far more likely.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
As for your question, I'll ask. I assume so since I could ask about town.

Why did you asked if Maol was town instead of asking if he was scum? The second question seems like a better question.

Something that it's bothering me is that Kopite voted for Fat4all claiming that he could be like Blarg:

Doggo is a good vote, this may be Era-Meta but I feel Fat4All will be a Blarglike figure in the game who I'd like to get rid of early if no one else is very scummy.

I wanted to have a vote down, and I decided to vote Fat4All because of his relatively little contribution to the game. I don't think he's the only one but Im happy to leave my vote there. And while he's apparently not Blarglike he's done an excellent impression so far with all the fluff posting.

But I just checked and the both of them actually played together before (The Mansion Mafia, 9 months ago). I usually read too much into thinks like this so, I'm overthinking this or this could mean something?

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you, and yeah I'd probably agree there too. Out of the Shadow Lurkers in the room, do any of them stick out as looking more suspicious to you than the others? Mainly speaking of people like Malus, Kopite, Kalor, and Vincent.
Kalor, but only because Kalor has made the most of an attempt to play the game. I'm not sure how big the lurker scum strategy is here yet though.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
If Monkey is Town, and the answer they got about Maol can be trusted, then Maol should be Scum.

If they ain't Scum, the whole Monkey role scenario falls apart imo.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
You sure have double standards.
I caught you EoD yesterday and another confirmed town agreed with me and Gorlak who I also think is town picked up on the same vibe.The game is about to have two confirmed townies lean scum on you based on your EoD play.

You're playing survival mode right now and a Monkey mislunch would be wonderful for you. You're also not doubting Monkey's check today like Fat has been, you've been on board to follow her all day because you know she's wrong and will use that knowledge tomorrow to your advantage. Different situations.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
If Monkey is Town, and the answer they got about Maol can be trusted, then Maol should be Scum.

If they ain't Scum, the whole Monkey role scenario falls apart imo.

But you can't trust the answer that Monkey got because, if she is telling the truth and she is a médium, she is just asking for opinions of someone.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
caught you EoD yesterday and another confirmed town agreed with me and Gorlak who I also think is town picked up on the same vibe.The game is about to have two confirmed townies lean scum on you based on your EoD play.

And that means nothing because Turmoil didn't had investigative powers and, if we believe your claim, you don't either. So both of you could be wrong.

You're also not doubting Monkey's check today like Fat has been,

Are you freaking kidding me? Are you even reading my posts since Monkey changed he claim to medium? I have said plenty of times that we shouldn't trust that check.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
But you can't trust the answer that Monkey got because, if she is telling the truth and she is a médium, she is just asking for opinions of someone.
But it still comes back to the start of the day

Monkey says she can't sit on a red check. She red checks Maol immediately. Even with what I'm saying Maol is likely gone today.

But then later we get more info about the claim, and that check is just kinda... not there.

It feels like an odd power play to make as a Town.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
And that means nothing because Turmoil didn't had investigative powers and, if we believe your claim, you don't either. So both of you could be wrong.

Are you freaking kidding me? Are you even reading my posts since Monkey changed he claim to medium? I have said plenty of times that we shouldn't trust that check.
Three townies leaning scum on one player is a huge flag that the rest of town should take notice of. Investigative powers or not, your EoD play reeked of scum.

I haven't seen you make a single serious suggestion of someone else to vote or who else might be scum. Your hemhawing about the nature of Monkey's role still fits with you being scum, you know her alignment. You know she'll flip town if she gets lunched, you're creating some false reasonable doubt that keeps you free of scrutiny when she flips.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so I've finished my reread of the day now.

So, in the world where Mao is Town, Monkey's role is either a lie (highly doubt) or else it is a Medium type of deal like she says and a dead player (assuming Turmoil) without any extra knowledge gave her that answer. It could also be that Nat is the one answering the questions for her, and that either he is just lying because it's a Bastard game or else someone did do some kind of Switchery nonsense on Mao. I would want to look more closely at players like Fran and Meatwad in that case because those are currently his strongest reads.

In the world where Mao is Scum, then the info Monkey received was correct, either by coincidence or because it was actual truthful information being given to her from the gamerunner. Mao's teammates would likely be blending in during this day phase and wanting to vote for him, seeing him as a lost cause and probably not worth sticking their necks out to defend too much against all of this shit. There is the chance that some major defense is being pulled right now from the Scum team, but they would look pretty obvious once Mao flipped and would theoretically not want to put natural suspicion on themselves like that.

I am honestly leaning more to the side that Mao is just Town here and that some weird shit is going on, but I also don't doubt for a second that Mao would be able to talk himself out of this situation as Scum. His claim is less believable than the others we've seen so far in my opinion, but there is also the fact that Scum have been given fake roles to claim, and I kind of doubt that role would be given out as a fake one to claim, though I could see Hated being one, but probably not that first one that he claimed, so that either came from his butt or it was a real claim as far as I can tell.

That's about where I'm at on the Mao business right now. I can see both worlds, though seeing the flip itself would help to clear a lot of things up and figure out which path I want to pursue for sure, because without hard evidence it is all just guesswork for those of us who can't see Mao's role PM.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
So I'm just catching up with some stuff. I noticed that Maolfunction had a role, and then their role was completely altered to their new Hated role.

I believe it.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
giphy.gif

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
this game is wild but i'm glad we have actual information to go off of so early
Where are you at on all of this right now? If you couldn't vote for Mao today, where do you think you would vote? You've had Scum feelings on Gorlak for most of the game it seems, do you still think he could be Scum here? Are there any other players that stick out to you?

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Just got caught up. Like I said yesterday there I don't think we can afford to not lynch Mao today. Monkey's roleclaim is so obtuse though that if Mao flips town I don't even know what to read from that.

Fran

RE: My strong players take. It's simple, for the most part D1 ends with folks on the block for weak reasons, just like how our D1 ended. I'm just saying that if we had 2 or more players in that position I'd rather not vote for the more experienced town player as they could be more useful later. This has nothing to do with whether they're scum or not, I'm just playing the odds. Of course if someone was really scummy I'd have no problem lunching them even if they're a strong town player.

RE: Fat4All. I didn't like them D1, I don't like them now. They haven't done much IMO (yeah I know that's a bit rich whatever) and really only engage in mechanics/fluff for the most part.

Anyway my strongest town reads are Gorlak, Kits and .........> Fanto. Gorlak has done a fair bit of game solving, Kits seemed to be reminiscent of town Kits when she claimed and I feel alright about Fanto as well, just not as much as the other 2

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just came home from work and I'm exhausted. I skimmed the thread along but will need to reread to catch up. Unsure if I'll stay up for long now, but I'm here now and reading for a bit.

Oct 26, 2017
UNVOTE

I dunno. I caught up, then re-read page 1 to 11, and am going to go pass out. I'm just going to re-cap some of my previous thoughts....Fran was suspicious to me purely because of EoD1. One particular post was:

So Golak, Maol and Turmoil voted Meatwad to create a wagon against Turmoil. It didn't worked and now the 3 of them are voting for me.

I'm ok lynching any of the 3.
I called this post a stretch and defensive, and Fran responded:
I didn't explain myself righ there. Just look at this:

Post #457 the votes are:

Turmoil 5
Meatwad 3
Maol 2

Fanto votes Maol which makes a tie in the second place between Maol and Meatwad.

A couple of minutes later Maol votes Meatwad (and after that he said that he would not selfpres but he just did that, he voted Meatwad so wouldn't be the second wagon)

I voted for Maol. That makes the vote:

Turmoil 5
Maol 4
Meatwad 3

And Gorlak jumps from Turmoil to Meatwad making a 3 way tie. It's pretty obvious that Gorlak and Maol are trying to keep the Meatwad wagon alive. I thought that it was because the other 2 wagons were scum.

Here Maol says that he will not make a self preservation vote which makes no sense if you know that you are town, unless the only player who you can move your vote is your scum partner and he has a better role than you.

Then Turmoil voted for me, even when he said before that he was scum reading me as a joke, and Maol says that he likes that vote but he don't think that it would work. But then came Gorlak, who already protected Maol before and never said that he was scumreading me before, and voted for me creating a third wagon.

To me it seemed that they tried to create a third wagon with Meatwad but, when that wagon wouldn't move, they tried to create another wagon to try to see if it would take off. Obviously I was wrong because Turmoil was town but I still think that I'm right about Maol and Gorlak. Gorlak just keep voting to protect Maol.
Going back and re-reading EoD with this lens, I can follow Fran's logic. And I think I buy into it, for now. So...let's bump Fran off my lean scum list for now.

As for Maol, I genuinely can't tell anymore whether I want to vote him because I think he is scum or if it's because I know I'm going to be pissed at myself if we let him go until Day 4 and he winds up being scum. Looking back at D1 suspicions on Maol as I read through the pages, and I get a sense some of the leans came from people voting (what they considered) bad play, and it sort-of sprouted out of that post Maol made about dropping a random vote. And it just kind of...carried on, and evolved into bickering and sniping at one another. If there is more to Maol suspicion D1, someone me with the deets, because it looks like a mountain was slowly made out of a molehill. I just can't help but read most of Maol's posts EoD, and today even, as townie. So...I'm taking Maol off my list for now as well.

I have to find someone new....

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just got caught up. Like I said yesterday there I don't think we can afford to not lynch Mao today. Monkey's roleclaim is so obtuse though that if Mao flips town I don't even know what to read from that.

Fran

RE: My strong players take. It's simple, for the most part D1 ends with folks on the block for weak reasons, just like how our D1 ended. I'm just saying that if we had 2 or more players in that position I'd rather not vote for the more experienced town player as they could be more useful later. This has nothing to do with whether they're scum or not, I'm just playing the odds. Of course if someone was really scummy I'd have no problem lunching them even if they're a strong town player.

RE: Fat4All. I didn't like them D1, I don't like them now. They haven't done much IMO (yeah I know that's a bit rich whatever) and really only engage in mechanics/fluff for the most part.

Anyway my strongest town reads are Gorlak, Kits and .........> Fanto. Gorlak has done a fair bit of game solving, Kits seemed to be reminiscent of town Kits when she claimed and I feel alright about Fanto as well, just not as much as the other 2
Welp, since you're here. I feel like bolded is contradictory and not really a good look. If not because of Monkey's claim, why would we need to lynch Maol today? Not saying that there aren't enough reasons to want to vote there, but your phrasing means more than that and it caught my attention.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm left with the belief that if Maol flips town, it tells us nothing about Monkey. IF Monkey is scum, her power lets her distance herself from the check real easy and play innocent.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Welp, since you're here. I feel like bolded is contradictory and not really a good look. If not because of Monkey's claim, why would we need to lynch Maol today? Not saying that there aren't enough reasons to want to vote there, but your phrasing means more than that and it caught my attention.
Mao is most likely scum, it's almost always the best play to make when you're redchecked. His weird roleclaims later, and if he's actually hated, which means if he dies earlier its in towns favour (in-fact if a scummie has the hated modifier it's best if he gets bussed earlier, which is possibly whats happening here as well).

As for what I said about Monkey in case Maol flips town, I think it's pretty understandable. It's set up in such a way that you can't say she faked it, maybe Nat lied or maybe there's scum in there or she was just speaking to Turmoil who can't know either way. It's a clusterfuck, but it doesn't change the fact that the best way to get the most info is a Mao lunch

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
I'm left with the belief that if Maol flips town, it tells us nothing about Monkey. IF Monkey is scum, her power lets her distance herself from the check real easy and play innocent.
Like what I said in my post above I agree, but Monkey's still going to be in hot water if Mao flips town, and I would genuinely be at a loss then on what actually transpired. Hopefully Mao flips scum, and even if he doesn't the flip gives us enough info to piece more of the game together so that we can figure out what the hell's happening

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Something that it's bothering me is that Kopite voted for Fat4all claiming that he could be like Blarg:

But I just checked and the both of them actually played together before (The Mansion Mafia, 9 months ago). I usually read too much into thinks like this so, I'm overthinking this or this could mean something?
Oh and I forgot to address this but I don't remember Fat4All in that game at all, but I did effectively get NK on N1

malus

Oct 30, 2017
At this time my scum read of Maol isn't really based on Monkeys red check and more on his role claim. As far as I can tell with the current information Monkey just receives the opinion of the dead players as answer to her question and apparently Turmoil thinks Maol is scum. But his opinion is as valid as any read in this thread so I wouldn't take it as gospel.
What really makes me suspicious about Maol is his claim and how he claimed. It reads like he claimed a role, then realized it wouldn't fly and tried to rectify it into something believable.
At first he said he was targeted by a player that made him hated. Then he said he was a doomed soldier which seems kind of an unfun role to have. When people expressed doubt about the role he corrected that he actually lost his original role and is now only hated, which I find even more questionable.
Maolfunction are you sure it was a player that made you hated or is it just a quirk of your role?

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
As for Maol, I genuinely can't tell anymore whether I want to vote him because I think he is scum or if it's because I know I'm going to be pissed at myself if we let him go until Day 4 and he winds up being scum. Looking back at D1 suspicions on Maol as I read through the pages, and I get a sense some of the leans came from people voting (what they considered) bad play, and it sort-of sprouted out of that post Maol made about dropping a random vote. And it just kind of...carried on, and evolved into bickering and sniping at one another. If there is more to Maol suspicion D1, someone me with the deets, because it looks like a mountain was slowly made out of a molehill. I just can't help but read most of Maol's posts EoD, and today even, as townie. So...I'm taking Maol off my list for now as well.
Mao apparently doesn't have that role anymore, he's just hated

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where are you at on all of this right now? If you couldn't vote for Mao today, where do you think you would vote? You've had Scum feelings on Gorlak for most of the game it seems, do you still think he could be Scum here? Are there any other players that stick out to you?
Gorlak and Fran seem weird and aggressive to me, in a way that sets them apart from most other players in this game so far. I'd be down for a vote on either.