• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why Kitsu seems to believe she's not actually detecting scum with her role but one neutral player out there. "Weird spooky things" just indicates "something bad" to me, and it sounds like that's the extent of her role PM (or at least what's she's willing to share with the thread now).

Like Monkey did with the other side part of her claim, why are weird spooky things something caused by a neutral specifically?
Because it seems intentionally vague and I can use it every night. A normal alignment cop with unlimited shots is too powerful even for bastard

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This also means the neutral must be more powerful than normal because it has a role predicated on sniffing it ouf

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
at this point i start wondering how much Nat is correlating roles to the actual game for what's been given

cuz i do believe Kit in the sense of a weird backpack

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Fat4all I'm waiting for monkey to clear up why she's convinced "other side" = dead players
I've got a TON of quotes in my bank but it'll be a minute before I get to them so I'll start here - dead players is what it specifically says. What I don't know is if I can trust that phrasing based on the answer I got, questions to Nat that went unanswered, etc. Though I can see how you speculated scum from my wording and that gave me a small heart attack and I went back and reread to be sure lol.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't revealing this just lead to you being roleblocked tonight, or killed?
Popping in the thread just to make this one specific question to Kitsu (without not even acknowledging Monkey's post) sticks out like a sore thumb so much that I even town read you for this. Goddamn Kalor.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I'm going to bed.

This is a clear and cut statement.

If my voice is drowned out in any way while I'm asleep.

Know that my voice will be replaced and returned.

Back to its disheveled level.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"why do you think x" is also different from "be more specific about the exact phrasing", the latter getting close to "quote me your role pm verbatim"

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Popping in the thread just to make this one specific question to Kitsu (without not even acknowledging Monkey's post) sticks out like a sore thumb so much that I even town read you for this. Goddamn Kalor.
Fun fact. I waited to see who would respond to that question with the correct answer before replying myself. It lets me know where peeps minds are at.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so when Kits says she's the backpack, I assume she means the flashy shoulder dealy thing, right?

giphy.gif

And Gorlak says he was handprinted by something?

khuAiiG.gif

The flashy dealy thing goes nuts when it sees the invisible things that leave the handprints. Makes me think Kits needs to find whoever targeted Gorlak.

Monkey says she is Mama and that she has a connection to the other side and can ask them questions?

Monkey, when you said this, did you mean that dead players are specifically referred to in your PM?

I am Mama and my information (results) comes from my connection with the other side. As in dead players. That is specifically indicated.

Mama is the one who was breastfeeding a ghost baby in the E3 trailer.

giphy.gif

So yeah, the flavor all checks out here.

Let me put some more thoughts together, I'm still getting caught up.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
can you explain how you townread that?
It reads like he's commenting on whatever he feels like and doesn't feel pressured to actually comment on every topic just because it might attract some attention.
Which Monkey post do you even mean?
This one, the one where she cleared up her role and red check.
There is one thing and I honestly don't know what to make of it, like if it's flavor or a hint at bastardy and Natiko gave me nothing when I asked. I am Mama and my information (results) comes from my connection with the other side. As in dead players. That is specifically indicated.

I can ask for information but it's limited (I can only ask for information about certain players) AND Nat has to approve my question. So while there is nothing in my role PM that indicates this info ISN'T to be trusted, there's also absolutely nothing that proves they are OR if they actually come from dead players (people in spec). It comes down to whether or not we trust the phrasing. So you can see why I am not feeling super 100% AND why I did not want to begin speculating on scum powers d1 because what the absolute fuck balances this? The limits are there I guess because it's potentially broken as fuck without them.

So when I said there may be elements that impact my information, it comes down to just how bastard the game is and if dead players really means dead players (as in just turmoil at the time). turmoil and Ket's flips weren't particularly bastard. Even if Maol really did get hit with a modifier it apparently didn't change his actual role so that's not that bastard, either. So I lean toward... maybe not that bastard? Maybe the dead thing is flavory? I've been weighing everything all day so far and I honestly don't know where I come down on it. It felt like a holy shit moment when I got my results back, like hell yeah! but even while typing up my initial post I started to wonder and I've just wondered more as the day goes on.

a++++ rendering of Death Stranding mind fuckery, at least.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"why do you think x" is also different from "be more specific about the exact phrasing", the latter getting close to "quote me your role pm verbatim"
Cont.

It also bugged me more when you said it because when I was responding to monkey(??? Im phone and can't check) i was already like "i can't be more specific" and you ignored that as if it wasn't a declarative statement

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so when Kits says she's the backpack, I assume she means the flashy shoulder dealy thing, right?

giphy.gif

And Gorlak says he was handprinted by something?

khuAiiG.gif

The flashy dealy thing goes nuts when it sees the invisible things that leave the handprints. Makes me think Kits needs to find whoever targeted Gorlak
Yup, that's what I was thinking too and I was waiting for someone to metion it to see how much attention they were paying

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that Gorlak didn't jump @ what fanto mentioned before fanto mentioned it means either two things.

1) lying about something happening
2) not knowing much about death stranding

2) is actually plausible and the way i lean unless gorlak has a better explanation lol

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
It reads like he's commenting on whatever he feels like and doesn't feel pressured to actually comment on every topic just because it might attract some attention.

This one, the one where she cleared up her role and red check.

Oh shit. I was skimming through to catch up before I left for the day so I completely missed that. That role seems plausible. Don't have the time to post anything more substantial right now but it seems fine.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that Gorlak didn't jump @ what fanto mentioned before fanto mentioned it means either two things.

1) lying about something happening
2) not knowing much about death stranding

2) is actually plausible and the way i lean unless gorlak has a better explanation lol
(I posted this because gorlak has been threatening to reveal the identity of the handprintmaker all Day and didn't even stop to think about the meta of how my claim relates to theirs)

Oct 27, 2017
@kistunelaine
I understand the hesitation to go into further phrasing detail, there is nothing wrong about that. But saying I asked sth. different than Fandorin is simply a lie.

You've jumped to the conclusion you are looking for a neutral, why is that? Are you looking for a single entitiy? Why can't the scum team be weird spooky things
why are weird spooky things something caused by a neutral specifically?

You were deadset on neutral being your target and I suspected that a neutral visited me at night. What Fantomas brought up looks like a perfect fit flavourwise (but that doesn't mean much)

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
@kistunelaine
I understand the hesitation to go into further phrasing detail, there is nothing wrong about that. But saying I asked sth. different than Fandorin is simply a lie.

You were deadset on neutral being your target and I suspected that a neutral visited me at night. What Fantomas brought up looks like a perfect fit flavourwise (but that doesn't mean much)

It would help for you to not actively lie and quote your whole post
Kits please don't be a smartass for once. I'm trying to figure shit out here and I absolutely don't want to deal with this kind of attitude.

Yes you've mentioned weird spooky things thrice or sth, I still don't know if that's the exact wording in your pm. You've jumped to the conclusion you are looking for a neutral, why is that? Are you looking for a single entitiy? Why can't the scum team be weird spooky things, you're a backpack for fuck's sake.

If you are looking for a neutral your role is a distraction at best, I don't see a harmful neutral in a game this small.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT I TRIED TO WORK OUT IF HANDPRINT AND WEIRD SPOOKY THINGY ARE CONNECTED?!??!!??!?! OMG THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING
Are you literally just not reading the part where you put "well I don't know your EXACT PM WORDING so i can't trust you" into the fucking context of your question

My god how are you this dense. You want me to get modkilled or something

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would edit that post i just made and blank it for not realizing you were respondibg to something completely different if it were allowed for me to do sk

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
(the flow of replies and what replies are replying to can be super hard to keep track of especially when there aren't any indicative quotes)

Oct 27, 2017
This is complete and utter bullshit. In all of the games I've played in this community there was never anyone modkilled for revealing his exact command line or one specific term in his pm.

Fuck's sake I need to be modkilled if that's the case because "handprint" and "marked" are in the pm Natiko sent me at the end of the night

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is complete and utter bullshit. In all of the games I've played in this community there was never anyone modkilled for revealing his exact command line or one specific term in his pm.

Fuck's sake I need to be modkilled if that's the case because "handprint" and "marked" are in the pm Natiko sent me at the end of the night
I have been modkilled for quoting my pm before. I'm pretty hesitant to even approach that. I think even just a line would be bad. You were asking for exact phrasing. That is too much, dude. It is intentionally vague. How specific would that even get for you. What do you gain from this nonsense

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like shit why isn't "IT'S INTENTIONALLY VAGUE" all anyone needs to know here? How does that not tell you what you need to know in order to proceed?

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have been modkilled for quoting my pm before. I'm pretty hesitant to even approach that. I think even just a line would be bad. You were asking for exact phrasing. That is too much, dude. It is intentionally vague. How specific would that even get for you. What do you gain from this nonsense
C'mon Kitsu. You literally quoted your entire PM then, that's a completely different situation.

Course, I won't budge anymore if you're personally hesitant to go fruther.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
C'mon Kitsu. You literally quoted your entire PM then, that's a completely different situation.

Course, I won't budge anymore if you're personally hesitant to go fruther.

I am not quoting a line from my pm without authorization from the gamerunners. That being said, Gorlak is being ridiculous and turbo aggressive. And I'm saying that. Me!