• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start - Day End

turmoil7 (6 votes)
Gorlak - #108 #463
Fantomas - #187 #317
Meatwad - #213
Dr. Monkey - #274 #363
Kalor - #280
Vincent Alexander - #442
Dr. Monkey - #450
malus - #490
Fran - #494

Fran (3 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #80 #109
turmoil7 - #472
Gorlak - #478
Maolfunction - #479

Maolfunction (2 votes)
turmoil7 - #205 #293
malus - #295 #490
Dr. Monkey - #419 #450
Ketkat - #449
Fantomas - #458
Fran - #461 #494

Fat4all (1 votes)
turmoil7 - #130 #205
Ketkat - #169 #373
Kopite - #272

Gorlak (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #109
Fantomas - #168 #187

Meatwad (1 votes)
Fantomas - #123 #168
Fran - #321 #461
turmoil7 - #323 #371
Fandorin - #364
Vincent Alexander - #367 #390
turmoil7 - #441 #472
Maolfunction - #460 #479
Gorlak - #463 #478

Kopite (0 votes)
turmoil7 - #50 #82

Kalor (0 votes)
Fantomas - #317 #458
turmoil7 - #322 #323

Vincent Alexander (0 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #363 #419
turmoil7 - #371 #441
Maolfunction - #413 #460

Ketkat (0 votes)
Maolfunction - #209 #413

Dr. Monkey (0 votes)
Fantomas - #52 #123
turmoil7 - #293 #322

Not voting: Fat4all

Post Counts:
Dr. Monkey: 59 Fantomas: 57 turmoil7: 52 Fandorin: 41 Gorlak: 39 Kitsunelaine: 29 Maolfunction: 29 Fran: 27 Vincent Alexander: 22 Kopite: 18 Fat4all: 16 Meatwad: 16 Ketkat: 14 malus: 11 Kalor: 9

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Day 1 End
OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & MafiEra seasons. One such example is the same person being voted out Day 1 in the past two games I've ran. Spooky.

turmoil7 has died!

Welcome turmoil7,

You are Die-Hardman the Adrenaline Junkie

You are aligned with the Stoic Good Team (That's the TOWN).

If you're going to die, you're going to die hard, man. Should you be killed at night you will continue to live until the end of the following day phase. You also have the ability to vote.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

You may access the game thread here.

NIGHT 1 BEGINS

Night 1 Ends:
1ufcxvev14

Night actions are due two hours before day start.

Day 2 Start
OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
My games are rather stressful games, where you have to play for a long time. Unless you are Ketkat.

Ketkat has died!

Welcome Ketkat,

You are Naked Norman Reedus the Motion Detector.

You are aligned with Stoic Good Team (That's the TOWN).

You're naked, and you're Norman Reedus. Chances are someone will be interested in visiting you. At the start of each Day Phase you will be informed of how many actions targeted you the previous night. You also have the ability to vote.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

You may access the game thread here.

----------
DAY 2 BEGINS

Day 2 Ends:
dngil36012

Majority is 7

Vote Tool:
https://vote.fireblend.com/146404/

Player List:
Kitsunelaine
Fran
Maolfunction
malus
Fat4all
Kalor
Vincent Alexander
Kopite
Meatwad
Dr. Monkey
Fandorin
Gorlak
Fantomas

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
vote: Maolfunction

One of the reasons I was against discussion of scum powers on d1 is because my role, at least, is not like anything I've ever seen before and it had me thinking hard about how to possibly predict scum powers if town has weird powers. What I mean by this is that from just looking at mine (and turmoil's really cements this), I think this game could be really swingy so it'll be difficult to predict how things balance, especially with our typical meta. Maybe I'm wrong and others have more conventional things, but I wanted to hearken back to that because my reaction to that potential discussion was purposeful (and serves as a breadcrumb of sorts).

I would rather not full claim unless necessary because my power is a) not traditional and b) of situational utility (I'll say this: I am very limited in targets) and I got lucky but I got a red check on Maolfunction last night.

Since I know this will be the first question, I fear if I full claim my power will never be useful again and it will influence behavior in the game to town's detriment. And while I'm voting my red check, I do want to hear from everyone because bastard game is bastard and there may be elements that impacted my results. I'm not fishing for claims - I just don't want to just rush and turbo.

(aside: I thought the day ended at 6 my time, not 5, so I missed EoD and I'm sorry - I was driving home during EoD.)

Oct 27, 2017
Monkey, I think we need to have a big, long talk about what exactly you tried yesterday. As of now you are my biggest scum read.

Vote: Dr. Monkey

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
This post was pre-typed in the morning before I went to work. Therefore, do not expect me to be around to discuss things immediately as the day starts, I simply saved this as a draft and then when I realized the day had started and had time to pull out my phone at work, I came and hit the post button quick.

--------

I didn't have much time to go through things like I would normally like to, I literally fell asleep last night while rereading the thread.

What I did do was stare at the vote tool for a bit this morning and just try to pick out where the Scum votes probably were.

My list right now of suspicious voters is:
Kalor
Kits
Kopite

However, they are probably not all Scum.

The other suspicious parties I would say are:
One of Fran and Monkey, because I don't think they are together if one of them is Scum.
Fandorin, but less likely if Monkey is Scum.
Possibly Mao, but again, probably not with Monkey.

I'll dive into things more when I get home. For now, don't trust Monkey, watch her closely, she might be Scum.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, you claim a red check on Mao?

unvote

Mao and turmoil were townie af in the last minutes. So this doesn't really fit into my head here.
This is why I stress not to just blindly turbo to try to get a sense of how bastard we think the game is. Nothing in my results particular indicates I should doubt it but I think we've all been burned too much by bastard games to take it at face value, so I'm voting but with caution.

Oct 26, 2017
The amount of people jumping on Turmoil makes him feel like he's just the easy target for town to make a mistake with, and while Mao's post is full of logic about who he would rather vote and where, it ultimately boils down to the fact that he's voting for someone because they're low activity.

You seem to be very keyed into voting for information, and while that's certainly a viable strategy, it kind of flies in the face of creating these meaningful interactions for people to look back on later in the game when you aim for someone low activity. It creates this distance between you and everyone else on the vote while allowing you to put a vote somewhere safe.

Vote: Maolfunction
I thought this was a really good post by Ketkat (RIP). However, Maol's reactions afterwards came off towny. It's just a matter if you think these posts are....TOO towny? My paranoia is landing me on too towny.

I'm not gonna make a self preservation vote switch. I think my flip would also be useful for town.

I kinda want people to dig though. People digging at me creates information. And it's a 15 player game if I counted the roster correctly last night.

And you can disagree with me, I just don't think it's particularly good for town based on experience.

My role is low impact, and considering the odds of town hitting scum, losing me would not be a huge detriment.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Hey ya'll, so I got a visit from someone last night.

I take one less vote to lunch today. Dr Monkey there is also lying.

Vote: Dr Monkey

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok so Monkey is claiming a red check on Mao of some kind? I highly doubt she would fake a red check as Scum, so I guess I'll let my paranoia go away there...

Still at work, only able to check in periodically for another couple hours.

Oct 26, 2017
vote: Maolfunction

One of the reasons I was against discussion of scum powers on d1 is because my role, at least, is not like anything I've ever seen before and it had me thinking hard about how to possibly predict scum powers if town has weird powers. What I mean by this is that from just looking at mine (and turmoil's really cements this), I think this game could be really swingy so it'll be difficult to predict how things balance, especially with our typical meta. Maybe I'm wrong and others have more conventional things, but I wanted to hearken back to that because my reaction to that potential discussion was purposeful (and serves as a breadcrumb of sorts).

I would rather not full claim unless necessary because my power is a) not traditional and b) of situational utility (I'll say this: I am very limited in targets) and I got lucky but I got a red check on Maolfunction last night.

Since I know this will be the first question, I fear if I full claim my power will never be useful again and it will influence behavior in the game to town's detriment. And while I'm voting my red check, I do want to hear from everyone because bastard game is bastard and there may be elements that impacted my results. I'm not fishing for claims - I just don't want to just rush and turbo.

(aside: I thought the day ended at 6 my time, not 5, so I missed EoD and I'm sorry - I was driving home during EoD.)
Can you explain what your red check means in this situation, or does that go too far into full claiming?

Oct 27, 2017
Monkey, you have been weirdly misunderstanding a lot of stuff by your standards.

The whole shizzle you had with me, which you drop like a hot potato after it was clear, I wouldn't let that fly. This post in response to turmoil, which was a big reach:
So since you scumread me, you're saying that I would start a train on my scummate with the votes as they were?
ALL of this:
So if I'm understanding this, your reads right now are:
Fanto
Fran
me
=scum
(If I'm wrong here, let me know, because that's sure how it reads.)
Gorlak and turmoil are "interesting"
and then you vote VA for reasons (what reasons? I dunno) - the second person to do so while scumreading me, the person who started the train. insert thinking emoji.
The only person you actually say anything about is turmoil and that's incredibly wishy washy.
Walk me through why you think turmoil's flip wouldn't be useful for town (your phrasing).

Accusing Mao of being snarky, when it's your go to attitude all game:
I don't need you to explain it. I simply disagree and I wanted to know why Maolfunction himself felt that fewer interactions=better flip, but I get the feeling he'd rather be snarky than build out reasons for his actions.

You made a huge fuzz by spinning and twisting words around. Multiple times. I just don't see an honest intention behind it, which is bothering me.

Your claim throws us all in a loop and pre emptive bastard cries look very much like a safety net.

What do you think of Mao's actions at day end?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get much other than what I said. I'm marked as Hated and require one less vote to kill now.

I'm also not a miller so you shouldn't be getting any red checks on me.
"now" - so you're saying you were not Hated yesterday and that it changed? I just want to be very clear here because that makes me really question what else could be impacted.
Can you explain what your red check means in this situation, or does that go too far into full claiming?
The results were clear: target is not aligned with the town. But in a role madness/bastard game switches are a possibility. The question here is if that's the same switch Maolfunction is claiming or what.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Either Monkey has a Paranoid/Insane/Random modifier attached to her role she's unaware of, or she's lying.

I find it conspicuously coincidental though that I require one less vote to kill today and I'm getting red checked immediately.

Oct 27, 2017
Ok so Monkey is claiming a red check on Mao of some kind? I highly doubt she would fake a red check as Scum, so I guess I'll let my paranoia go away there...

Still at work, only able to check in periodically for another couple hours.
Fantomas, what the hell am I supposed to do with you? Don't lynch monkey, Don't trust monkey, Oh trust her in this instance.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
You made a huge fuzz by spinning and twisting words around. Multiple times. I just don't see an honest intention behind it, which is bothering me.
I don't know what intent you think I had but I played the same as I generally play - trying to dig out meaning and intent behind posts. I look for agendas. It's my MO.

I find Maolfunction cagey in general. He doesn't seem to directly answer a lot of questions and things like "my flip would be useful for town" can be offered straightforward or as manipulation. It's why I chose him from my limited pool of targets. Had I been free to choose anyone, he wouldn't have been my choice.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Fantomas, what the hell am I supposed to do with you? Don't lynch monkey, Don't trust monkey, Oh trust her in this instance.
I said it yesterday, I spend every night phase of every game i play with monkey convincing myself that she is Scum, then the next day she makes one post and I throw it all out the window. It's a problem of mine, and I acknowledge it.

Oct 26, 2017
Either Monkey has a Paranoid/Insane/Random modifier attached to her role she's unaware of, or she's lying.

I find it conspicuously coincidental though that I require one less vote to kill today and I'm getting red checked immediately.
My google-fu is weak. What does a modifier like that do? I just want to be 100% clear, and I keep landing on roles like "Paranoid gun owner" but can't find anything on these specific modifiers.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017

I would probably sit on the vote and cry about it being just in case if I were attempting shenanigans. I'm not. I want to solve the game and this is a big wrench so I would like to hear from some others so we can weigh the reports from you and me and see how they fit into what we know so far.

I still won't full claim (and I don't know that we should trust anyone who does without questioning after what we saw in the rules), but I will say that the unusual aspects of my role is part of what made me immediately jump to wondering about swingy unpredictable elements.

I have to go cook dinner but I'll be back in like... two hours?

I said it yesterday, I spend every night phase of every game i play with monkey convincing myself that she is Scum, then the next day she makes one post and I throw it all out the window. It's a problem of mine, and I acknowledge it.
This is true of Fanto + me and it goes both ways at times. XD

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
My google-fu is weak. What does a modifier like that do? I just want to be 100% clear, and I keep landing on roles like "Paranoid gun owner" but can't find anything on these specific modifiers.
Insane cop means they get opposite results, so Town shows as Scum and vice versa. I think paranoid is like, if they get targeted then their results are opposite, or something like that. Blarg had a role like that in Conspiracy.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Also its slow as fuck at work this afternoon so I can probably hang out a bit, but I still hate typing on mobile so dont expect anything major until I get home lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I smell malicious intent in your posts yesterday monkey. We really have never faced each other outside Mini 4 and a super scared scum decision in GoT, huh.
I don't know what intent you think I had but I played the same as I generally play - trying to dig out meaning and intent behind posts. I look for agendas. It's my MO. [/highlight]Nah, you tried to make a big fuzz out of nothing with at minimum two town players.

I find Maolfunction cagey in general. He doesn't seem to directly answer a lot of questions and things like "my flip would be useful for town" can be offered straightforward or as manipulation. It's why I chose him from my limited pool of targets. Had I been free to choose anyone, he wouldn't have been my choice.
You didn't answer my question about him though. What did you think of his EoD play there.
do you think he was a good choice as a candidate, which your post made him be

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what to make of that red check
. I don't see scum Monkey lying about it but the hatred stuff throws it up in the air where I'm willing to believe a fake red check due to role weirdness. Even if it'd be awfully convenient that both happened on the same night.

I was targetted last night - here's your chance to claim before I reveal you

Do you have a reason to reveal them, like some notice of what they did?

Oct 27, 2017
I smell malicious intent in your posts yesterday monkey. We really have never faced each other outside Mini 4 and a super scared scum decision in GoT, huh.
^quote tags are hard, here is the post again:

I don't know what intent you think I had but I played the same as I generally play - trying to dig out meaning and intent behind posts. I look for agendas. It's my MO. [/highlight]
Nah, you tried to make a big fuzz out of nothing with at minimum two town players.

You didn't answer my question about him though. What did you think of his EoD play there.
do you think he was a good choice as a candidate, which your post made him be

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Maolfunction You seem to be set on monkey = scum. Who is she partnered with?

What's your interpretation of the day end yesterday? Is Meatwad more or less likely to be scum? What about Fran?
I have another idea floating in my head about Monkey, but I'm gonna hold onto that for now until more people check in. I need to see some people's opening reactions before I float it out there.

I'm still pretty positive that Fran is scum. I think yesterday near EoD was an attempt to spread scum votes on both me and turmoil so I would look closer into the people on both of our wagons. I think Fran voted turmoil to guarantee that he was the lunch. There was no need really to do it, turmoil was already leading when Fran switched his vote. His vote just cemented it.

Meatwad is still too low impact in the game to make a real statement on. He's still very neutral for me.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still pretty positive that Fran is scum. I think yesterday near EoD was an attempt to spread scum votes on both me and turmoil so I would look closer into the people on both of our wagons. I think Fran voted turmoil to guarantee that he was the lunch. There was no need really to do it, turmoil was already leading when Fran switched his vote. His vote just cemented it.

Meatwad is still too low impact in the game to make a real statement on. He's still very neutral for me.
Why would they try spread the votes between the two of you? How does Meatwad being there not factor in for you?

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Why would they try spread the votes between the two of you? How does Meatwad being there not factor in for you?
It's generally a bad idea for a bunch of scum to be on the same wagon. It gets really obvious if they are down the line in vote analysis.

Meatwad does factor in a bit, but there's such little info in his posts to try and glean anything from, that I wouldn't be confident in pursuing him further. Kalor, VA, and malus are all equally just as likely to be scum.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I feel kinda weird about Dr. Monkey opening today with their red-check moment one.

Sure, they opened it with the caveats of "lets not be too hasty with this info", but it's still something that colors the conversation of the day from the get-go.

I'm not sure if this is consistant with Dr's play, but I'd probably want to sit on that info for a bit before dropping it into the conversation, see if people say stuff that makes them slip up or gives something away.

Especially if Dr's ability can be used again (tho I do recognise they said it was limited to some degree)

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
It's generally a bad idea for a bunch of scum to be on the same wagon. It gets really obvious if they are down the line in vote analysis.
that's scum 101 playstuff, ya

you only really go multiple scum on one train if you really really want a specific person to go that day

makes it harder for town to track later if you have a bunch of people all voting different trains

although sometimes scum are forced into a position where it would look weird not to go along with certain trains

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Also I don't think I can let this vote slide, Fanto. It came late in the day and there's no reasoning attached to it. And you didn't seem to lean scum on me earlier in the day, so I'd really like to know what you were doing here.

Well, out of the players with more than one vote on them, I would prefer going for either Turmoil or Mao as of this moment.

I'll put a vote on Mao just to spice things up.

Vote: Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017

Meatwad does factor in a bit, but there's such little info in his posts to try and glean anything from, that I wouldn't be confident in pursuing him further. Kalor, VA, and malus are all equally just as likely to be scum.
You're missing the point. Why spread the votes between the two of you? There was Meatwad, there was Vincent before. Why does this not matter enough for you?

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
i need to go over the end of day one a bit more in detail

it's not really all that shocking the Fran attempt didn't work, to me it didn't seem like there was all that much reason for people to move (or at the very least, not a convincing enough argument at the time)

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
You're missing the point. Why spread the votes between the two of you? There was Meatwad, there was Vincent before. Why does this not matter enough for you?
If you're trying to convey something, I'm missing it. I haven't reread D1 fully yet. I don't want to start pursuing a bunch of lines when we already have both Fran and Dr. Monkey as pretty solid lines to pursue right now.

Are you trying to imply scum pushed the wagon away from Meatwad onto us because he's scum? If so, I can buy that once I reread the day and see if that's what happened.