• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
The amount of people jumping on Turmoil makes him feel like he's just the easy target for town to make a mistake with, and while Mao's post is full of logic about who he would rather vote and where, it ultimately boils down to the fact that he's voting for someone because they're low activity.

You seem to be very keyed into voting for information, and while that's certainly a viable strategy, it kind of flies in the face of creating these meaningful interactions for people to look back on later in the game when you aim for someone low activity. It creates this distance between you and everyone else on the vote while allowing you to put a vote somewhere safe.

Vote: Maolfunction
Mrm. This is solid.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of people jumping on Turmoil makes him feel like he's just the easy target for town to make a mistake with, and while Mao's post is full of logic about who he would rather vote and where, it ultimately boils down to the fact that he's voting for someone because they're low activity.

You seem to be very keyed into voting for information, and while that's certainly a viable strategy, it kind of flies in the face of creating these meaningful interactions for people to look back on later in the game when you aim for someone low activity. It creates this distance between you and everyone else on the vote while allowing you to put a vote somewhere safe.

I absolutely agree that Maol has some inconsistency here to my eyes but I can't tell if it's just playstyle difference or nefarious intent. But I don't know that I agree that turmoil is the easy vote here. There are people definitely pushing back against that vote - for reasons that I don't really agree with, personally - and I think it's been a bit more tumultuous than many day 1 votes. My hesitation there would be that every other wagon has been pretty jagged and unconsolidated but I don't know what that means and don't think that's readable today.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, here we go, I appreciate this and retract my post a moment ago - but I gotta say, man, it's frustrating when you gotta dig reasons out of people. We need reasons.

In a 13 player game, if we want to go back to number discussion, our odds aren't that bad. But no matter what, we get A flip and SOME information, even if we're wrong - so my feeling is vote the person most likely to be scum--

vote: turmoil7

and be as confident as you can in your vote considering the game state.

But I do simply disagree about what we get out of various flips versus interactions. More clues, more trails to follow, more opportunities to solve the game.
I kinda want people to dig though. People digging at me creates information. And it's a 15 player game if I counted the roster correctly last night.

And you can disagree with me, I just don't think it's particularly good for town based on experience.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be in and out until day end - I'm helping facilitate a workshop and then I have to collect small people but I'll be keeping up as best I can via mobile and will be here for last 30 minutes or so.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017

I may switch my vote if it comes down to two players and I want one to stay in the game. I don't want turmoil lunched at this point, but I'm gonna wait to see what the votes look like before making a decision.

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

turmoil7 (5 votes)
Gorlak - #108
Fantomas - #187 #317
Meatwad - #213
Dr. Monkey - #274 #363
Kalor - #280
Vincent Alexander - #442
Dr. Monkey - #450

Meatwad (3 votes)
Fantomas - #123 #168
Fran - #321
turmoil7 - #323 #371
Fandorin - #364
Vincent Alexander - #367 #390
turmoil7 - #441

Maolfunction (2 votes)
turmoil7 - #205 #293
malus - #295
Dr. Monkey - #419 #450
Ketkat - #449

Fat4all (1 votes)
turmoil7 - #130 #205
Ketkat - #169 #373
Kopite - #272

Gorlak (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #109
Fantomas - #168 #187

Kalor (1 votes)
Fantomas - #317
turmoil7 - #322 #323

Vincent Alexander (1 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #363 #419
turmoil7 - #371 #441
Maolfunction - #413

Kopite (0 votes)
turmoil7 - #50 #82

Fran (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #80 #109

Dr. Monkey (0 votes)
Fantomas - #52 #123
turmoil7 - #293 #322

Ketkat (0 votes)
Maolfunction - #209 #413

Not voting: Fat4all

Post Counts:
Dr. Monkey: 59 Fantomas: 54 turmoil7: 45 Fandorin: 41 Gorlak: 33 Kitsunelaine: 29 Maolfunction: 22 Fran: 20 Vincent Alexander: 19 Kopite: 18 Fat4all: 16 Meatwad: 15 Ketkat: 12 malus: 10 Kalor: 8

Current Countdown:
y13akc9e3o

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Well, out of the players with more than one vote on them, I would prefer going for either Turmoil or Mao as of this moment.

I'll put a vote on Mao just to spice things up.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I may switch my vote if it comes down to two players and I want one to stay in the game. I don't want turmoil lunched at this point, but I'm gonna wait to see what the votes look like before making a decision.

Well, what's weird about it to me is mainly that you're on a spot where you're the only vote. You said in your initial post that you were okay with either VA or Meatwad, so why'd you choose VA specifically when there's already a train available?

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Well, what's weird about it to me is mainly that you're on a spot where you're the only vote. You said in your initial post that you were okay with either VA or Meatwad, so why'd you choose VA specifically when there's already a train available?
It looked for a moment that people were considering a VA wagon so I went with him. I'm just as good with a meatwad lunch tho. Observe.

Vote: Meatwad

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm here now.

First the shitpost:

I just bought Civ 6 too, with all the DLC and expansions, so yeah, I hear you there, I put like 500 hours into Civ 5 lol.

Some time ago I said that I wouldn't buy another Civ or Football Manager because they are like drugs. But I'm weak and ended up buying the last game of both again.

I picked up My Time At Portia yesterday and it's been eating a lot of time as I dive into it.

I have that with Gamepass and I was planning to try it as I liked Harvest Moon and Stardew Valley but now I think that could take a while.

Done with shitposting, now onto serious posts:

I don't think his flip would be all that useful for town at this point and he's contributing to the game so he's not a great candidate for a D1 lunch imo.

Turmoil's flip wouldn't be great starting D2 (assuming the night yields nothing of interest) considering he's interacted with so many players.

What is bothering about this posts is that both of them are based around Turmoil flipping town and we don't know that. Maol says that flipping Turmoil won't be useful for town because he has a lot of interactions but, if Turmoil flips scum, how could that not be useful? A scum flip is always useful to town because you get more info from their PM and what powers they have.

So Maol saying that he doesn't like Turmoil lunch seems weird to me.

Turmoil was all over the place and blurred the lines to any and everyone. My flip would give more certain leads, better info on kits and you in particular. The fact that I have to spell it out to you is worrying.

And the same can be said from this one. Gorlak says that his flip would give more leads but he doesn't know if Turmoil is scum or not and a scum flip will always give more info than a town flip.

The way both Maol and Gorlak are saying that Turmoil's flip wouldn't be useful is making me think that both of them have more info that they should have.

Oct 27, 2017
Monkey made me raise my eyebrow three times this phase and that's a lot when I'm usually able to at least follow her train of thought. I would definitely rather vote her than Mao today. Other than that, Idk. Still feeling a late Fandorin lynch is possible, but as said before I don't know why. It's probably better to stick with what we have now.

Fandorin are you around?

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I'm here now.

First the shitpost:

Some time ago I said that I wouldn't buy another Civ or Football Manager because they are like drugs. But I'm weak and ended up buying the last game of both again.

I have that with Gamepass and I was planning to try it as I liked Harvest Moon and Stardew Valley but now I think that could take a while.

Done with shitposting, now onto serious posts:

What is bothering about this posts is that both of them are based around Turmoil flipping town and we don't know that. Maol says that flipping Turmoil won't be useful for town because he has a lot of interactions but, if Turmoil flips scum, how could that not be useful? A scum flip is always useful to town because you get more info from their PM and what powers they have.

So Maol saying that he doesn't like Turmoil lunch seems weird to me.

And the same can be said from this one. Gorlak says that his flip would give more leads but he doesn't know if Turmoil is scum or not and a scum flip will always give more info than a town flip.

The way both Maol and Gorlak are saying that Turmoil's flip wouldn't be useful is making me think that both of them have more info that they should have.

The odds of town hitting scum are very low. I'm acting with the assumption town will be wrong like they are 90% of the time on any given D1 start.

Nothing of turmoil's behavior indicates a scum alignment. This whole post is very disingenuous and fishy and opportunistic by jumping on my wagon. This is the first post in the game I feel that indicates an alignment tell and I'm feeling it's scum.

I'd investigate Fran tonight for sure.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
So Golak, Maol and Turmoil voted Meatwad to create a wagon against Turmoil. It didn't worked and now the 3 of them are voting for me.

I'm ok lynching any of the 3.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not voting for Fran today, I'm still fine with Turm or Mao. I might not be able to check in again becor

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't consider voting out Fran today. I'm fine with sticking on Turmoil

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

turmoil7 (5 votes)
Gorlak - #108 #463
Fantomas - #187 #317
Meatwad - #213
Dr. Monkey - #274 #363
Kalor - #280
Vincent Alexander - #442
Dr. Monkey - #450
malus - #490

Fran (3 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #80 #109
turmoil7 - #472
Gorlak - #478
Maolfunction - #479

Maolfunction (3 votes)
turmoil7 - #205 #293
malus - #295 #490
Dr. Monkey - #419 #450
Ketkat - #449
Fantomas - #458
Fran - #461

Meatwad (1 votes)
Fantomas - #123 #168
Fran - #321 #461
turmoil7 - #323 #371
Fandorin - #364
Vincent Alexander - #367 #390
turmoil7 - #441 #472
Maolfunction - #460 #479
Gorlak - #463 #478

Fat4all (1 votes)
turmoil7 - #130 #205
Ketkat - #169 #373
Kopite - #272

Gorlak (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #109
Fantomas - #168 #187

Kopite (0 votes)
turmoil7 - #50 #82

Dr. Monkey (0 votes)
Fantomas - #52 #123
turmoil7 - #293 #322

Kalor (0 votes)
Fantomas - #317 #458
turmoil7 - #322 #323

Vincent Alexander (0 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #363 #419
turmoil7 - #371 #441
Maolfunction - #413 #460

Ketkat (0 votes)
Maolfunction - #209 #413

Not voting: Fat4all

Post Counts:
Dr. Monkey: 59 Fantomas: 57 turmoil7: 51 Fandorin: 41 Gorlak: 39 Kitsunelaine: 29 Maolfunction: 28 Fran: 25 Vincent Alexander: 22 Kopite: 18 Fat4all: 16 Meatwad: 15 Ketkat: 14 malus: 11 Kalor: 8

Current Countdown:
y13akc9e3o

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!