• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
water? i don't touch the stuff

makes ya age faster

1*t-6bNHIAv5-9nL0vmzOcrg.png

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not much going on I suppose, add me onto the "What does Turmoil mean by that exactly?" list with the thing about Fran and Monkey.

By my count, the only people we haven't heard from yet are Mao, Meatwad, and Gorlak, so we've mostly all checked in by now at least so that's cool.

I'll be up for a little bit still just getting ready for bed, then in the morning for a couple hours before work most likely.
Yeah, I'm guessing he's mostly thinking about those votes on Fran and Monkey, but I can't see how a joke vote on Kopite could possibly matter for a Fran x Monkey discussion.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm guessing he's mostly thinking about those votes on Fran and Monkey, but I can't see how a joke vote on Kopite could possibly matter for a Fran x Monkey discussion.
Yeah, it just sticks out I guess because it's so early on D1 still, and neither the vote on Monkey nor the vote on Fran came in with serious reasons attached. Unless he was just fucking around as well, otherwise I don't really understand that being the reason to remove his random Kopite vote.

I was maybe thinking about moving my vote somewhere else before I go to bed, but I'll just wait and see if anything else sparks up in the morning I guess.

Oct 27, 2017
Good morning
OT: Iforgot my wallet at home, isn't it great to have a 20min detour in the morning? Not like I struggle with being productive anyway. Ugh.

Well, let's use the time to look at the thread.

Let's see, I've played with everyone here before
Did we ever play together?

That dive into VA is bullshit and everyone knows that. Claiming town is as useless as it gets and I'm certain VA did with a wink wink nudge nudge "I'll be super useful, I claim town ;)" - absolutely NAI

More interesting is this dynamic:
Otherwise turmoil starting with a baseless vote is a thing to think about but not much on its own
To see folks take a side between you and monkey

Turmoil being super aware of being called out, unvoting because of that and giving an iffy excuse

vote: turmoil7

Other than that it's your usual D1.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
vote: Gorlak

Making a pass at trying to seem more justified than anyone else on D1 with voting reeks of trying to start trains early

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Where do we stand on the "Lets not vote traditionally strong town players out on D1 if the vote is flimsy(like most D1 votes)?

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Claiming town is as NAI as it gets so nothing to gain here. Other than that Turmoils joke vote and later unvote is of interest to me. Particularly the fact he already seems to push for a split between Monkey and Fran raises my eyebrows here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Ooof, still slow going, I see. Well, there are a few things worth speaking out about, I guess. I'll try to spread them out for ease of quotability, though I wanted to say - kits, it was better when Frando was a joke on Fanto/Fando. tsk.

Turmoil being super aware of being called out, unvoting because of that and giving an iffy excuse

vote: turmoil7

Other than that it's your usual D1.
I agree this is worth watching - but turmoil often gets voted out early for stuff like this as either alignment so I'm not sure it's super indicative.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Good morning, I woke up a little bit late so I only have an hour or so before I head in to work here.
Did we ever play together?
Yes! Technically we briefly played together in my first game, GoT, where you subbed in for about an hour and then Monkey killed you that night because she's mean.

Then we played in Brexit 2, again very briefly, as I was murdered by the Scum team on N1.
Where do we stand on the "Lets not vote traditionally strong town players out on D1 if the vote is flimsy(like most D1 votes)?
What makes someone a traditionally strong Town player? Someone might say that I would be considered one, but I would laugh at that suggestion and refer them to plenty of my more famous blunders.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it just sticks out I guess because it's so early on D1 still, and neither the vote on Monkey nor the vote on Fran came in with serious reasons attached. Unless he was just fucking around as well, otherwise I don't really understand that being the reason to remove his random Kopite vote.

I was maybe thinking about moving my vote somewhere else before I go to bed, but I'll just wait and see if anything else sparks up in the morning I guess.

It's still early but if Fanto does just sit on that vote instead of zipping it around (or any single vote, on me or someone else), it's sus, 100%.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Now, the first thing that really has stuck out to me so far:

Fantomas over analysis on Vincent and that single off hand post from Kalor didn't ring any bells to me. Didn't seem fake to me at least, though I confess I gave up midway during that big post on VA.
Gave up during that big post on VA? It was a handful of sentences. Fluff, yes; mountains from molehills, yes. But gave up? thinkingemoji

This, tho:

Fando, why are you answering for someone who didn't answer for themselves and explaining it away?

Oct 27, 2017
I agree this is worth watching - but turmoil often gets voted out early for stuff like this as either alignment so I'm not sure it's super indicative.
While this may be true, I've also won every game in which I lynched turmoil #truthfacts

Yes! Technically we briefly played together in my first game, GoT, where you subbed in for about an hour and then Monkey killed you that night because she's mean.

Then we played in Brexit 2, again very briefly, as I was murdered by the Scum team on N1.
Ah, yes - one rather short instance (I will never count GoT as a game I played, ever :p) In turn I feel like I've followed enough games with you to have a good grasp on you. Can you say the same?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Gave up during that big post on VA? It was a handful of sentences. Fluff, yes; mountains from molehills, yes. But gave up? thinkingemoji
I did make a note of that one, yeah. I couldn't quite tell if it was just Fando easing into the game or if there was actual discomfort in that post. The second one you quoted gave me similar vibes, like I felt the need to reiterate to him why I felt weird about that, so I did.
It's still early but if Fanto does just sit on that vote instead of zipping it around (or any single vote, on me or someone else), it's sus, 100%.
zXarv56.gif

Look at all these early meta reads on me from Monkey! I feel honored. And I am also working on somewhere to move my vote, I'm just having some breakfast quick first.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, yes - one rather short instance (I will never count GoT as a game I played, ever :p) In turn I feel like I've followed enough games with you to have a good grasp on you. Can you say the same?
Let's see, other than Brexit 2, I'm trying to remember the last game you played, were you in one last season?

I feel like I remember enough about how you play, and I know you are sharp because your reads from various spec chats are usually always on point.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
While this may be true, I've also won every game in which I lynched turmoil #truthfacts
Is that always a situation in which he was scum or...? Because I'm not interested in your win condition unless it's town's. :P
Look at all these early meta reads on me from Monkey! I feel honored. And I am also working on somewhere to move my vote, I'm just having some breakfast quick first.
yeah, but it's also the truest true of meta reads, so don't deflect, young padawan

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I suppose I can give some love to someone who hasn't checked in yet.

Vote: Meatwad

Purely out of nostalgia for GoT, where I was the Arya to his Night King.

I was actually Euron Greyjoy, the WORST FLAVOR!

Oct 27, 2017
Is that always a situation in which he was scum or...? Because I'm not interested in your win condition unless it's town's. :P
He was town both times, one time I won as scum (Mini 4) and one time as town (Brexit 2).

Fantomas No, Brexit 2 was my last game, but spec chats probably taught us a thing about one another.

Since some of you are here, do you all mind to do the numbers dance early, so we are done with it?
15 players, role madness, bastardly
We got either 3 scum with good powers or 4 weak scum.
1 neutral is possible, not with 4 scum though

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be here for about another half hour or so, then I'll be periodically checking in on mobile while I'm at work until this evening. If it's not busy, I'll probably be around more, but if it's busy, then probably only on my breaks.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Since some of you are here, do you all mind to do the numbers dance early, so we are done with it?
I would assume 3 Scum + 1 Neutral, or else some kind of recruitment ability for Scum just based on Gamerunner Meta, but it's all just assumptions at this point and something I can point back to later and go "Ha, I knew it!"
Any thoughts about Fat4all who seems to be stuck in joke phase?
(but I do love your MGS references Fat, please don't stop, just start playing the game as well)
I don't blame him for being in joke phase, we kind of skipped past it quickly before everyone even checked in. If it was towards the end of the day, or D2, and he was still doing it, then I'd pressure him to play more I think.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
We have absolutely nothing to base scum powers on outside of our own role PMs and even that's a really weak comparison because some may have stronger powers and some weaker. This is the the most baseless base speculation in a game described like this one.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Brexit 2 doesn't count as lunch because I was vengeful 👀

I was about to seriously prod vote doggo

vote:fat4all

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Brexit 2 doesn't count as lunch because I was vengeful
Oh yeah, I remember this now because I thought you were being Town as Fuck on D1, when you were actually trying to not be so Townie because you wanted to get voted for to use your power lol.

But you've entered back into the game now while sidestepping all the questions people asked you earlier, did you want to answer those for us?

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
We have absolutely nothing to base scum powers on outside of our own role PMs and even that's a really weak comparison because some may have stronger powers and some weaker. This is the the most baseless base speculation in a game described like this one.
We shouldn't consider [perfectly reasonable concern] because role madness

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Morning. Should be here most of the day.

Now, the first thing that really has stuck out to me so far:

This, tho:

Fando, why are you answering for someone who didn't answer for themselves and explaining it away?
I guess "gave up" was too strong an expression? I read it, I just realized it was mostly fluff and that it hadn't grabbed my attention.

On the second point, I don't think I understand your question. I quoted Fantomas since it was his post that made me go back and read into the turmoil point.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Just the 15-25% scum design principle, nothing big brain here
But then also remember Nat's last game, House of Horrors, where he did not follow that rule at all and it was also advertised as being more on the Bastard side of things like this one is.
Please tell me we aren't past the joke phase yet. It is Day 1 and I don't have it out of my system yet.
2zvpP9I.png

And with that, I'm off to work!

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess 4 scum team sounds plausible in a vaccum, but, as always, trying to discuss numbers now with no flips or mechanics known can be misleading. No one is going to base their vote on this now anyway.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Just the 15-25% scum design principle, nothing big brain here
I never said I had a problem with the numbers. I said I had an issue with speculating on powers because we have nothing but our own role PMs to go on.

We cannot speculate on the relative strength or weakness of the scum team based on individual sample sizes of one.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's a typo

And it's basically that + kopite not showing up yet back then

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I guess 4 scum team sounds plausible in a vaccum, but, as always, trying to discuss numbers now with no flips or mechanics known can be misleading. No one is going to base their vote on this now anyway.
Nope, it's dumb "look busy" effort and the fact that turmoil was also pushing it after Gorlak started it makes me wonder about the two of them together, d1 early vote aside. That's my hot take for now.
In case someone didn't see this.
Oh shit, I did not see this. So scum has extra information on top of team info since my guess is that their fake claims wouldn't overlap with real powers, unless Nat was feeling particularly evil.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't, that's good to know
Oh shit, I did not see this. So scum has extra information on top of team info since my guess is that their fake claims wouldn't overlap with real powers, unless Nat was feeling particularly evil.
Yeah, I found weird how that info wasn't in red or something. I'm guessing scum can't pretend that their real roles are actually town PRs.
[QUOTE="Dr. Monkey, post: 25431456, member: 2447]
Nope, it's dumb "look busy" effort and the fact that turmoil was also pushing it after Gorlak started it makes me wonder about the two of them together, d1 early vote aside. That's my hot take for now.
[/quote]
I guess I'd find it suspicious if it was a coaster doing this, but neither Gorlak or turmoil need to look busy on D1 like this.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whoop, messed that up. Meant to quote this on the last part.

I guess I'd find it suspicious if it was a coaster doing this, but neither Gorlak or turmoil need to look busy on D1 like this.
Whopp