• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Heyeyyyyy LET'S DO THIS!!!!

You'll have me around more on weekends, on weekdays I will be on mobile and not here constantly for most of the day INCLUDING EOD, so let's get that out of the way early.

Ok, all that being said, let's gather around and play some Mafia!!!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, a vote for Kopite from Turmoil! Kopite, not traditionally a meme vote, so this must be a random vote then in that case.

I will meme vote.

Vote: Dr. Monkey

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Not too talkative of a start yet, but that's ok.

Let's see, I've played with everyone here before, so that's cool, plenty of META to discuss should we require any topics.

Really pumped to have a Mafia game to think about again, this should be a fun time. If things stay at a slower pace I might not even have to do much catch-up while I'm at work! EoD being while I'm at work is going to suck though, I can probably be around somewhat but I'll be on my phone since I don't have the guts to log into Era on my work computer yet, so I guess I'm going to have to get used to posting on mobile more often.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Hi all!

As usual, I'll be claiming early. I am town.
"As usual" he says, and yet I can't really think of a time in which Vincent has claimed early? Why the "as usual" when it doesn't seem to align with reality.
Why claim so early? Totally anti town
This feels like a joke.

However:
Provided you are telling the truth, how does that benefit town in anyway?
This feels like it's not a joke, but it's coming from Kalor, and Kalor can generally keep a poker face pretty well so it's hard for me to discern the intent behind this post.

However, Kalor can also tell good jokes, as seen here pre-game when he said:
Let's grow some mushrooms together
Which is a reference to the Death Stranding gameplay trailer where Norman Reedus takes a pee and then some mushrooms grow where he peed.
Trying to control the memenarrative, bold
gK4KUhV.png

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not too talkative of a start yet, but that's ok.

Let's see, I've played with everyone here before, so that's cool, plenty of META to discuss should we require any topics.

Really pumped to have a Mafia game to think about again, this should be a fun time. If things stay at a slower pace I might not even have to do much catch-up while I'm at work! EoD being while I'm at work is going to suck though, I can probably be around somewhat but I'll be on my phone since I don't have the guts to log into Era on my work computer yet, so I guess I'm going to have to get used to posting on mobile more often.

Psht, everyone knows that new avatar = new person, meta reads won't help you here!

Oct 26, 2017

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I think I've claimed every game day 1 outside of my first game. I am making it a tradition now.
Claimed that you were Town? That's not even a claim though, everyone claims as Town because to claim as anything but Town would be, well, not the best idea in my experience.

Still, coming out and saying you are Town in your first post can be read a number of ways. It could just be nothing, you are Town so you said it, then whatever. It could be, however, that you are Not Town, in which case you will need to lie to us all during the game, which means that perhaps you wanted to get the biggest and most obvious lie out of the way first, which is to say that you are Town when in fact you know that you are not!

Personally, I will need to wait and observe, this is far too little information to work with so far, but given that I have played with you many times now Vincent, I feel as though I will be able to work an early read out on you sooner rather than later, and this is my starting point.

God damn I have missed playing this game!

Oct 26, 2017
Claimed that you were Town? That's not even a claim though, everyone claims as Town because to claim as anything but Town would be, well, not the best idea in my experience.

Still, coming out and saying you are Town in your first post can be read a number of ways. It could just be nothing, you are Town so you said it, then whatever. It could be, however, that you are Not Town, in which case you will need to lie to us all during the game, which means that perhaps you wanted to get the biggest and most obvious lie out of the way first, which is to say that you are Town when in fact you know that you are not!

Personally, I will need to wait and observe, this is far too little information to work with so far, but given that I have played with you many times now Vincent, I feel as though I will be able to work an early read out on you sooner rather than later, and this is my starting point.

tenor.gif

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Beautiful.

I will be going back to playing some Civ 6 now for the evening while either watching some shows or listening to some podcasts. I'll check in here occasionally to see what's up since this does appear to be a relatively slow start with not many folks around yet I suppose.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Completely forgot to check in at day start and now it's 1am, so I'll just meme post now and check again in the morning.

Anyway since Vincent claimed town I guess we'll have to look somewhere else for now. I suggest we reduce any future confusion and get rid of either Fando or Fanto.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
All this Fanto/Vincent thing looks like faked and trying to create a discussion between themselves with almost nothing. At first I thought that it was only a joke but Fanto's last post makes me think that maybe wasn't joking.

And it reminded me of Fanto and Nin in Conspiracy. Which I know nothing about because this is my first game and I never read it before.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Been out corn mazing all day with the littles and am tired, but never too tired for a little mafia.

I dunno about Fran's speculation about Fanto and VA, but I'm never good about picking up on fake arguments. I will say that this feels incredibly try hard:

Like what a weird flex here - is there really this much to read into what comes off as a throwaway post? I know Fanto loves to make mountains but seems like a stretch.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Otherwise turmoil starting with a baseless vote is a thing to think about but not much on its own. Fran's extended joke about never having played before is the only other real thing happening and who knows what that means.

I guess that's about it so far?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I suggest we reduce any future confusion and get rid of either Fando or Fanto.
Although I do have to do double-takes almost every time we play together, I would never vote for Fando for such a petty reason! :P
All this Fanto/Vincent thing looks like faked and trying to create a discussion between themselves with almost nothing. At first I thought that it was only a joke but Fanto's last post makes me think that maybe wasn't joking.

And it reminded me of Fanto and Nin in Conspiracy. Which I know nothing about because this is my first game and I never read it before.
I'm pretty much just kidding around here so far for what it's worth. I would have to check Pedro's wonderful spreadsheets to be sure, but I think I've played with Vincent in every game he's played here so far, so I'm just having some fun with him early just to have something to talk about lol.

Me and Nin in Conspiracy was a work of art though, so I don't blame you for being reminded of that. :P

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice, Monkey's here now!
Been out corn mazing all day with the littles and am tired, but never too tired for a little mafia.

I dunno about Fran's speculation about Fanto and VA, but I'm never good about picking up on fake arguments. I will say that this feels incredibly try hard:

Like what a weird flex here - is there really this much to read into what comes off as a throwaway post? I know Fanto loves to make mountains but seems like a stretch.
Look, I haven't played in like almost 2 months, I'm just trying to have fun! And to me, fun is making a ridiculously oversized post based on almost nothing on D1 within like an hour of the game starting!

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Fran

All of this fake sus looks like fake sus! So I'm going to apply on top of it fake sus of my own fake sus brand! (Fake sus fake sus!)

Woo! Here we go! Another game of Mafia!

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Fanto-Vince argument(?) seems legit to me. I actually wanted to say I'm town in my first post too lol

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wazzup y'all. Rough day for me to keep up, so I'm kinda glad we had a rather slow start.

Fantomas over analysis on Vincent and that single off hand post from Kalor didn't ring any bells to me. Didn't seem fake to me at least, though I confess I gave up midway during that big post on VA.

Hi everyone, first time playing mafia.

Who should I be worried about?
I legit laughed out loud on this for some reason haha.

Oct 26, 2017

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Completely forgot to check in at day start and now it's 1am, so I'll just meme post now and check again in the morning.

Anyway since Vincent claimed town I guess we'll have to look somewhere else for now. I suggest we reduce any future confusion and get rid of either Fando or Fanto.
And what about Fran? He's part of the F Trinity as well.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Not much going on I suppose, add me onto the "What does Turmoil mean by that exactly?" list with the thing about Fran and Monkey.

By my count, the only people we haven't heard from yet are Mao, Meatwad, and Gorlak, so we've mostly all checked in by now at least so that's cool.

I'll be up for a little bit still just getting ready for bed, then in the morning for a couple hours before work most likely.