• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
RFfDAIl.jpg

Death Stranding Mafia is a completely new type of mafia game, where the goal of the player is to reconnect isolated players and a fragmented community. It is created so that all elements, including the flavor and roles, are bound together by the theme of the "Strand" or connection. As a mafia player, you will attempt to bridge the divides in our community, and in doing create new bonds or "Strands" with other players around the globe. Through your experience playing the game, I hope you'll come to understand the true importance of forging connections with others.

Or maybe it's just a role madness mafia game where you murder your friends until it ends.

Gamerunner: Natiko
Gamewatchers: Sorian Pedro Sawneeks Fireblend
Game Complexity: Bastard
Phase Lengths: 48/24*

!player_list
[she/her] Kitsunelaine - UTC+12
[he/him] Fran - UTC-3
[he/him] Maolfunction - UTC-7
[he/him] malus - UTC+2
[he/him] Fat4all - UTC-4
[he/him] Kalor - UTC+1
[she/her] Ketkat - UTC-4
[he/him] Vincent Alexander - UTC-5
[he/him] Kopite - UTC+8
[he/him] turmoil7 - UTC-3
[he/him] Meatwad - UTC-4
[she/her] Dr. Monkey|monkey - UTC-5
[he/him] Fandorin - UTC-3
[he/him] Gorlak - UTC+2
[he/him] Fantomas - UTC-5
!player_list

-----

Sample Role PM:
Welcome Sample Player,

You are A Sample Player.

You are aligned with the Stoic Good Team (That's the TOWN).

This is role madness - so you have a role. This is your awesome role. You also have the ability to vote.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

You may access the game thread [at this link that doesn't exist yet because the thread hasn't been posted].
-----
Mentorship Program
For new and returning players who would like some assistance, we offer a mentorship program where a volunteer veteran player can assist you. If you are interested in having a Mentor for this game, please contact your Gamerunner. For more info, please check the main MafiERA OT.
-----
Many thanks to Lone_Prodigy for the banner!
-----
Day 1 Starts:
ro5fhoixwq

Last edited:
OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
What Is Mafia?
Mafia, also known as Werewolf, is a famous social deduction game that puts two teams against each other: Town and Mafia. Mafia players know who everyone in their team is, while Town players only know their own alignment. Cut into two 'Phases', Day and Night, the game entails Town trying to eliminate the Mafia via discussion and voting while the Mafia are trying to not get caught in order to match or outnumber the Town in order to win.

Interested in joining or learning more? Check out our MafiERA OT!

Fundamentals:
1. All site-wide rules apply here.
2. Do not use slurs or bigoted language.
3. Unless explicitly told otherwise, players may not discuss this game outside of this thread.
4. Unless explicitly told otherwise, players may not directly quote or post screenshots of any PMs, posts, conversations, or any other type of document that was not made in this thread.
5. Players are allowed to lie, within reason, about any game-related material such as the content of a role PM.
6. Please do not refer to, or discuss, player activity outside of this thread, for the sake of the game's integrity. This includes discussing circumstances around player replacement.
7. Please respect all of your fellow community members in terms of personhood and accessibility. In this community we require that you respect person's pronouns and be aware of accessibility when using non-default text (do not change text color unnecessarily and be mindful of small and large fonts' impact on readability).
8. Failure to adhere to a player's personal pronoun will result in a public warning. On the second offense that player will be removed from the game.

Game Behavior:
9. While mafia can be an intense and stressful game, with play becoming heated at times, please try to keep discussion as respectful and congenial as possible. Take a break if you feel heated. If someone is breaking a rule you are encouraged to alert your gamerunner and game watchers. Reports about in-game action and behavior will be handled by them, and the gamerunner will issue final rulings in the event of disagreements.
10. Being overly hostile towards your fellow players is not allowed. If the gamerunner and game watchers find a player has been overly aggressive, action will be taken. First a private warning via PM will be given. Failure to stop the behavior will then result in a public warning and the offender will be given a priority penalty. If these behaviors still continue then that player will be removed from the game.
11. Treat players, gamerunners, and game watchers with respect. Players who are bothered by behavior they perceive as uncomfortable or as targeted aggression should make their positions clear in game as everyone has a different threshold. If a player feels someone has crossed a line they should contact the gamerunner and game watchers, listed in the first post, about the issue.
12. Players should not perform moderator actions in game, including using highlight text outside of voting, or issuing day-end/start commands, or calling for the modkill or replacement of another player. While we understand mafia can be an intense experience, and players may wish to discuss in-game moderation decisions with the gamerunner, once a gamerunner makes a decision, please respect it as final.

Activity:
13. Players are required to post a minimum of 10 posts per day phase. Failure to adhere to this will result in both a public and a private warning. On the second offense that player will be removed from the game.
14. If a player posts fewer than 5 posts in a day phase without alerting the gamerunner to their absence, they will be removed from the game without a warning.
15. If you are unable to continue playing for whatever reason, please contact your gamerunner.
16. If a replacement is added to the game, they may request the current/upcoming night phase to be extended up-to 48 hours to allow time to catch up.

Voting and Lynching:
17. In order to vote for another player to be lynched, you must present it on its own line and in the following format with no spaces: [ HIGHLIGHT ]VOTE: playername[ /HIGHLIGHT ]. Any other format will not be accepted.
18. To remove a vote from a player, you may simply vote for another player, or you may present it on its own line and in the following format with no spaces: [ HIGHLIGHT ]UNVOTE[ /HIGHLIGHT ].
19. Players may vote for a "No Lynch" to end the day phase without a lynch. This is done by using the formatting above and typing: [ HIGHLIGHT ]VOTE: No Lynch[ /HIGHLIGHT ].
20. When a player has received a strict majority of available votes (>50%), the day phase ends with the lynch of that player. Once a day phase has ended any in-game discussion stops and votes cast after that will not be counted.

Death and the Spectator Thread:
21. Once you are dead, you may no longer discuss the game in any manner with any of the remaining players.
22. Once dead, players may have a choice between the spectator thread and the replacement list. PM your gamerunner for more information.

Other:
23. Do not edit your posts or hide content in the formatting. Repeat offenders will be removed from the game.
24. If a player is banned or they are replaced due to inactivity they will have the lowest possible priority when signing up for a spot in their next game.
25. Gamerunners reserve the right to add, remove, or modify existing any rules at any point, and enforcement may be applied retrospectively. However, all players will be informed of changes beforehand.

Game Specific Info:
1. Scum have been provided full fake claims.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Players
[she/her] Kitsunelaine - UTC+12
[he/him] Fran - UTC-3
[he/him] Maolfunction - UTC-7
[he/him] malus - UTC+2
[he/him] Fat4all - UTC-4
[he/him] Kalor - UTC+1
[she/her] Ketkat - UTC-4
[he/him] Vincent Alexander - UTC-5 Replaced by EzekelRAGE on D2
[he/him] Kopite - UTC+8
[he/him] turmoil7 - UTC-3
[he/him] Meatwad - UTC-4
[she/her] Dr. Monkey|monkey - UTC-5
[he/him] Fandorin - UTC-3
[he/him] Gorlak - UTC+2
[he/him] Fantomas - UTC-5

Replacements
[He/Him] Stantastic - UTC+12
[She/Her] lokiduck - UTC-7 [Loki/Ms. Bird/Ms. Duck]
[He/Him] Zippedpinhead - UTC-5
[She/They] weemadarthur - UTC-5
[He/Him] Verelios - UTC-5
[He/Him] TheChuggernaut - UTC-5
[He/Him] lone_prodigy - UTC-4
[He/Him] TearablePuns - UTC-4

-----

Day Start/End can be tracked via Threadmarks.

Fireblend's Vote Tool:

https://vote.fireblend.com/146404/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Okay - think we're good to go for now. I'll work on PMs and setting the game start soon.

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I see this game won't help me understand what DS is about :p
Metaphors, babies, and ghost blob people. What's not to understand?

I went on media blackout and haven't even seen the latest trailers. You're all stuck with flavor based on the first handful of trailers lol

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
So general FYI for this game - I'm on the job market this year and for academics that's a whole full time job in and of itself so I AM PROBABLY NOT GOING TO BE MY USUAL POSTING MACHINE SELF. I'm putting this in all caps because it might turn out to be a lie because we all know I have the self control of 45 on Twitter when it comes to these things. But I'm gonna try to not be 100% playing 100% of the day.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
So general FYI for this game - I'm on the job market this year and for academics that's a whole full time job in and of itself so I AM PROBABLY NOT GOING TO BE MY USUAL POSTING MACHINE SELF. I'm putting this in all caps because it might turn out to be a lie because we all know I have the self control of 45 on Twitter when it comes to these things. But I'm gonna try to not be 100% playing 100% of the day.

This is 100% Scum!Monkey.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, thank you for the template, Monkey.

So general FYI for this game - I recently started a new job, and it's a whole full time job in and of itself, so I AM PROBABLY NOT GOING TO BE MY USUAL POSTING MACHINE SELF. I'm putting this in all caps because it might turn out to be a lie because we all know I have the self control of 45 on Twitter when it comes to these things. But I'm gonna try to not be 100% playing 100% of the day.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
idk why but I'm laughing a lot at you stealing Monkey's post to use as a template haha <3

Have fun all!

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
So general FYI for this game - I recently started a new job, and it's a whole full time job in and of itself, so I AM PROBABLY NOT GOING TO BE MY USUAL POSTING MACHINE SELF. I'm putting this in all caps because it might turn out to be a lie because we all know I have the self control of 45 on Twitter when it comes to these things. But I'm gonna try to not be 100% playing 100% of the day.

This is 100% Scum!Fantomas.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure which is funnier: Fran franning before the game has even started or Fanto using my post as a template. I think I have to come down on the side of loving all of you to death. XD

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Good luck everyone! I look forward to seeing how the game develops over time. Hopefully there won't be a need for my to replace anyone but if there is and I'm available, you better watch out ;D

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, I'm also starting a new job soon but it doesn't really start until sometime after the 20th, so it shouldn't get in the way of this one!

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
All role PMs have been sent! Feel free to confirm you received yours here on via PM. Though now I can just see when they've been read so it feels a bit antiquated.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
You got me with that intro.

Have fun folks! We'll be complaining cheering from spec.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
"IVE DONE IT, SNAKE, IVE CREATED THE FIRST BI-PEDAL MAFIA GAME

NOW NOT ONLY WILL THIS GAME OF MAFIA BE MUCH MORE MANEUVERABLE, BUT IT WILL HAVE NUCLEAR CAPABILITIES READY FROM ANY LOCATION YOU WANT!

YOU SEE, BOSS? IM TRYING TO HELP!"

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
If I get confirmation from everyone then we'll start Sunday at 5:00 PM UTC-5. I usually run my games at 6:00, but that seems to cause issues for others so I'll do 5:00 but day end flips may be delayed a bit depending on work.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I get confirmation from everyone then we'll start Sunday at 5:00 PM UTC-5. I usually run my games at 6:00, but that seems to cause issues for others so I'll do 5:00 but day end flips may be delayed a bit depending on work.
I'm just accustomed to always being asleep whenever trains seem to form on me so I don't expect anything different this time around lololol

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Natiko: Natiko makes me laugh every time

Thank you! It's honestly just a seasonal position at a Gamestop, but I've been out of work for a while so it'll be nice to ease into it again while making some money to fund IT certifications.
Hey, job's a job! And I'd rather run into you at a Gamestop than most people, tbh.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
im expecting nonsensical nonsense for each and everyone one of you in this game.

good luck.

were all counting on you.

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when I said it was going to start at 5:00 PM UTC-5? I was wrong. Turns out I'm as bad at time zones as half of the players signing up were. It'll start at 5:00 PM UTC-4. Here's a fun countdown:

ro5fhoixwq