• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What did you think?

• I'm excited for this

Votes: 3,859 73.9%
  • Did nothing for me

Votes: 611 11.7%
  • Eh, it's alright

Votes: 750 14.4%

• Total voters

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Still don't know what the hell is going on after all these years, but it looks awesome.

Oct 27, 2017
Delicious trailer
hannibal-nbc.jpg

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
As long as Mads and Troy Baker get meaty villain roles and actually a presence in scenes I be happy if they in it and barely in for 10 mins I be pissed

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, but that just looked boring to me and on the surface an apparent overall theme of coming together in America isn't all that creative either.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely still... intrigued. The utter lack of Emma Stone is rather disappointing, though expected.

Thought that was Melissa McBride in the photo with Norman Reedus at first lol.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
I went from being curious about this to very interested.

Now that I have read the context of it, the game makes more sense.

Honestly, the cast alone is worth the purchase, cuz good god the cast.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
This game is one big metaphor for our broken world

People say its confusing but taken as a metaphor the themes are abundantly obvious

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
GOTY right there. But this wasn't exactly a strong year in gaming for me personally. But this is the first game I am madly excited for since God of War. Can't wait for November now.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
This new Kojima game looks like something you'd expect to screen at Cannes, and I'm tripping out over how what I'm typing right now isn't even too hyperbolic-sounding. Visionary shit, looking forward to playing it.

Last edited:

Putty

Double Eleven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Middlesbrough
Good lord those visuals are jaw dropping! This thing will sell on Kojima's name and visuals alone!

Imagine a PS5 version!

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017
So the second trailer we had WW2.
This trailer we had WW1.
End of new trailer looks like a homage to Apocalypse now, set during the Vietnam war.

Perhaps the 'bridge baby' is used as a connection to the past or something, i dont know

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fucking holding my head right now. I can't even process everything I just watched. So much to unpack. While it's definitely original, there are so much MGSV in there. Skull Face is RIGHT THERE

This is without a doubt the best year of this gen, for me.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
For those complaining about the gameplay, just a friendly reminder that MGS5 is regarded as having the best gameplay mechanics of all time.
Regarded by whom? It has responsive controls ? Yes. It has emergent gameplay scenarios ? Yes? It has a lot of options for gadgets ? Yes. It had barely any good level design, the missions barely required to use those same gadgets and options . And side content was awful, the open world itself was blandest , most uninspired AAA open world i have ever played . And I am not even touching the story/writing part of it(of what little was there) So yes, not everyone thinks Kojima is the best thing since sliced bread and MGS V has the best gameplay

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I also find it strange that some people are critical of the gameplay yet were excited for a TLoU2 release this year, which while the 1st was a breathtaking experience, it had some of the shallowest gameplay you'll find.

Yea it's not like TLOU2 is a sequel to a universally praised story or anything

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
So...you can climb anywhere like BOTW? I hope there's rewarding exploration man...I'm really sold on it. Kojima's statement for the game and what I saw though, I have to admit, I can't put it together yet.

Sam moving like Snake in CQC though--YAAAAASSSSSS!

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I've been trying to put my thoughts together on why I feel so indifferent towards this game and the only thing that I can surmise is that it feels pretentious and that to me is off putting/unsettling. I just don't get it.

Jan 4, 2018
I'm excited the most by the prospect of an open world that is driven heavily by exploration (more BOTW, less Far Cry/AC). Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but that's the vibe I got from the gameplay parts. I suppose it's more realistic to expect something similar to MGSV, which I'm cool with too.