• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What did you think?

• I'm excited for this

Votes: 3,859 73.9%
  • Did nothing for me

Votes: 611 11.7%
  • Eh, it's alright

Votes: 750 14.4%

• Total voters

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
0bcjl7u7ui131.jpg

first look at the chiral monsters?

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Yeah, you probably can't use those melee combos shown in this trailer while carrying this much:

2BZkEn1.gif

So you could choose to take as much as possible with you to save on trips, but you better hope you can avoid all combat and make a safe trip.
Not only that, but the cases all have a function as well. One of them contains a gun, other a ladder, etc. You can see when the 'weapon wheel' pops up that it is actually all the things you carry with you , hence the option to 'X drop cargo'.

I bet you can have situations where you drop half your cargo, cross a gap or fight enemies and then go back and pick it up again.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So what do you guys think the origin of the Death Stranding is, the phenomenon?

With the theme of "death" and "life" being so prominent, I think it has something to do with humanity's desire to attain dominion over one (or both) of these aspects gone wrong. So, for example, the result of humanity's desire to cheat death, as we can see the "immortality" in Death Stranding is far from an idyllic paradise- what is truly means is fighting forever in a hellscape of a battlefield. Another possibility is attempting to go "beyond" death, and that somehow causing the two realities to become interconnected. Or maybe it has something to do with the creation of the bridge babies (who do not seem to be of natural birth, but rather created or at least sustained by technology).

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He this been discussed before ? If so, than i apologise.

did you beautiful people noticed the Bridges logo is on the floor of the oval office, and not the presidential seal.
image_death_stranding-40356-3637_0009.jpg

*Screenshot courtesy of Gamersyde.

This is what i think the backstory setting is. (and i know it's blindingly obvious. So again, i apologise for wasting everyone's time)

After the country fell apart, the people who were left, created Bridges. In the vacuum of there no longer being a cohesive government.

Bridges purpose is to re-open lines of communication across the country (metaphorical bridges) between (now) sovereign city states. (their motto is United Cities of America, after all) Similar to the film. The Postman.
3034444_0.jpg

however, this time it failed.

And now everyone has since abandoned the org. Except for a few true believers that stayed. Including our boy Reedus the Fetus (but at this point, he's lost hope for the future. And is now just trying to get through the day) to carry on their mission.

I think the main motherbase is going to be massive, but pretty much empty.

But now. POTUS Amelie, wants to try again.
------------
My second observation is. the wasp motif on the Homo Demens. Did anyone else notice this ?

You can see it on both. Higgs (Sexy-boy™ Troy Baker's character)
tumblr_pfo5s0b2ew1urs778o1_640.jpg

(i noticed it when His character was first revealed at last year's TGS)

And the flunkies.
ZSUUbnf.gif

2PrDSUb.png

(sorry for the shit screenshot. I didn't know how to do it any better)
I usually get 'em from Gamersyde but it's not on there yet, I'm just going by the PlayStation channel's 4K YouTube video on my LG OLED, usually compression is apparent but aside from banding, the quality is very good in this instance.
It's not going to be on Gamersyde. Ever. And will remain a Youtubes exclusive. Unfortunately.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any recent interviews?

I honestly haven't read any, it's just that following their twitter stuff, whenever they get together they seem to genuinely have a good time. So just an observation it looks like they have a lot of mutual respect and it seems like they enjoy working with each other, Reedus as well.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Strange question. I mean you could ask the same of any artist and director.
Not really a strange question. I'm equally curious when any actors and directors whose works I enjoy collaborate.

You can find a few clips on youtube from interviews with Reedus. He met Kojima through Del Toro and seems genuinely impressed with the way he thinks and the futurist concepts at play in Death Stranding.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

Wasn't this scoffed at in places or on here?
Baker knew all along.

There was also an interview with Reedus about it coming soon or something I wish I could find it. Would love to read the replies on that one in hindsight.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Based on the recent trailer I fucks with this weird ass game. Kojima was on the edge of the lexicon back in the eighties and seems like he STILL comes up with amazing and fresh story concepts.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Kojima just cut these scenes by simulating blinking of the baby or I'm wrong? Like the camera is the baby's eye, and every time it blinks, it cut the scene?

I just admire his editing skills. Holy shit.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
what does 0vAµ mean? Is that physics??
It looks like a partially obscured theoretical physics equation, maybe one of the 6 equations on Reedus's necklace that explains the phenomena in the world. Higgs says towards the end of the trailer "you see, I've come to understand the truth of the Death Stranding". So maybe his goal and that of the Homo Demens is to find out what happened to the world no matter the cost, and as he understands more he gets them "tattooed on his body".

35033257343_ecbb7150a0_b.jpg

Last edited:

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like a partially obscured theoretical physics equation, maybe one of the 6 equations on Reedus's necklace that explains the phenomena in the world. Higgs says towards the end of the trailer "you see, I've come to understand the truth of the Death Stranding". So maybe his goal and that of the Homo Demens is to find out what happened to the world no matter the cost, and as he understands more he gets them "tattooed on his body".

QUOTE]

No, I think his desire is to have the Death Stranding expand and cover the world. He seeks a stronger connection with these other beings when everyone else is trying to stop these connections as much as possible, hence the whole, "it's hard to make a connection when you can't even shake hands."

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Kojima confirmed that you can outfit Sam as you like, but in certain cutscenes there might be changes.

Last edited: