• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What did you think?

• I'm excited for this

Votes: 3,859 73.9%
  • Did nothing for me

Votes: 611 11.7%
  • Eh, it's alright

Votes: 750 14.4%

• Total voters

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Saw a really fascinating thread on the DS reddit about all the trailers suddenly making sense after this one
Makes me want to rewatch all the trailers knowing what we know now. Almost threadworthy because of people still not understanding what the game is about, but probably needs more confirmations. A really interesting read:
Thanks for sharing, great breakdown. Drinking water and needing extra footwear definitely confirms the inclusion of survival mechanics, although I imagine they'll be more akin to Snake Eater than typical survival games

Also the emphasis on non-lethal combat/everyone not wanting to kill each other is really cool

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Saw another Reddit post that spotted new equipment in that snow segment: snow spikes on Sam's shoes and a leg exoskeleton attachment

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
2jb1i3ne2f131.jpg

I been doing some thinking about this picture

it's like their polar opposites in terms of storytelling

Kojima likes the spectacle, the complex lore, the metaphors, the meta stuff etc.

while Druckmann likes simple stories,with a focus on mostly the characters and characterization.

It's almost like their two complete different worlds of storytelling, and both are masters at it

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Like i never see Druckmann ever doing a story with complex lore like Metal Gear or something like Death Stranding

and I don't see Kojima ever doing a purely simple but character driven game like The Last of Us

Geinrendour

Jun 3, 2018
Gotta say, the 4K IQ is exceptional if that really is real-time on a PS4 Pro...

I can only assume they're using top-notch, Checker Board or Temporal Injection implementation; but it practically looks Native to me on my 4K OLED.
Have you played Horizon? It's the same engine and their 4K solution, I dare say, it's pretty much impecable.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Not to derail the thread or anything, but Kojima productions said they were sharing all the engine stuff with guerrilla games since it's their engine to begin with right? Horizon 2 is going to look ridiculous. As will whatever Kojima does next if they continue to use it.

Oct 27, 2017
Not to derail the thread or anything, but Kojima productions said they were sharing all the engine stuff with guerrilla games since it's their engine to begin with right? Horizon 2 is going to look ridiculous. As will whatever Kojima does next if they continue to use it.

Horizon 2 on PS5 or whatever Guerrilla is cooking up for the PS5 is going to be a stunner for sure.

Oct 30, 2017

Yes. It's shared source code so additions and advancements made by either team give both devs the changes to the engine quickly. This relationship is much more intimate than if Kojima simply licensed an engine since Guerrilla Games trusted him so much to give direct access to their source code which will affect them too.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding IOTI To the Moon

I think it works on a couple of levels. Cliff says to BB, "you'll be able to go wherever you want, even the moon". Also, Sam Porter Bridges is hesitantly fulfilling the dying wish of the President, and if you know the plot synopsis of To the Moon, it's possible to draw a comparison there.

Last edited:

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
A lot of people have been saying that Death Stranding is pushing the boat out graphically, but honestly I'm not seeing anything in the gameplay or cutscenes that looks any better than MGSV (Character models) or Horizon: Zero Dawn (environment) did? Can someone point out the improvements?

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
A lot of people have been saying that Death Stranding is pushing the boat out graphically, but honestly I'm not seeing anything in the gameplay or cutscenes that looks any better than MGSV (Character models) or Horizon: Zero Dawn (environment) did? Can someone point out the improvements?
You can't be helped if you don't see character models being better than MGSV.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
So is the supposed "fourth bang" the explosion the created the crater on the eastern seaboard of US of A? I am trying figure which states bit the dust.

beau_beaumont

Nov 12, 2017
I could see this either being an instant classic or a colossal dud. I've loved every MGS game, but the stories have gotten progressively worse. However, the gameplay has just gotten better and better. Maybe the plot of MGS just started buckling under the weight of its increasingly elaborate plot and Kojima will finally be free to make something truly great again. Maybe his head will be so far up his own ass that it will end up being terrible. There is no middle ground. Either way, I can't wait to find out this November.

AudiophileRS

Apr 14, 2018
Yeah, you probably can't use those melee combos shown in this trailer while carrying this much:

2BZkEn1.gif

So you could choose to take as much as possible with you to save on trips, but you better hope you can avoid all combat and make a safe trip.

Gotta love the natural shifting of weight and the cargo slipping side to side..

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I think most of the combat in the game will be in the areas you "go back in time"? like the WW1, WW2, Vietnam sections where as if your in the main openworld its mainly exploration

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Correct. There's even a small team within Guerrilla that communicates back and forth with KojiPro in order to make sure the engine is properly tailored to their needs.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan

Some sites do articles like these for hits and clicks, but in this case at least its not like its wrong to keep its readers involved about a possible PC release when there's been quite a bit of smoke regarding it in the past and in recent weeks. Informing people about stuff like this is nice tbh when Sony has been repeating this shit in recent years. Now if they start doing articles for obvious stuff like Uncharted or GoD then thats just pure bait and click nonsense without any credibility to it which is what i hate the most.