• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I may play this on PS5.

(unless it doesn't come out specifically/redone for it.......I don't know, will it?)

I fear this won't look great on my PS4 Slim, and the actual gameplay segments appear to look good / ok on what I'm assuming is PS4 Pro footage.

I'd be playing it on a 4k/65"/HDR10 TV, and a lot of my PS4 Slim games don't look great on it next to my other hardware (PC/X1X).

I feel like this would be far better looking at native 4k. The story looks really interesting.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Yeah this narrative about the game who sells a lot not being divisive is kinda of a false narrative.

Do people go door to door to ask at people who don't use forum what they think about rdr2 or any divisive game?

Are people on gaming forum a rare species totally separated from normal people who don't use forum?

Normal people can't get bored or worst with some flaws or design choices in divisive games?
I mean sells doesn't mean a lot, you have to buy and pay the game to form an opinion, and if it's a bad opinion you already payed for the game lol...

Do every single person who bought gta4 think that is a 98 mc game just because it sells tons?
I dont believe you.gif
Hard disagree. Divisive (at least the term used in forums) means a substantial number of people have completely opposite perspectives on a game. RDR2 sold like 30 million units, I doubt that even 5 million purchases think it's crap. Universally praised by critics. It's not divisive just because a bunch of ppl on a forum say I hate these controls lol. Sales are a good barometer for players who don't have a voice on forums. They buy it, they play it a lot, they never praise or criticize it ever. this is not even getting to critics, which vary wildly on whether a product is quality or not. It's not like most games are 10/10. Days Gone is divisive in that you have critics who are very high and very low end of the quality spectrum. Users same thing (small sample size) with some pegging as their GOTY and others saying even the middling reviews were generous.

- Divisive games don't continue to sell millions of units year after year and break financial records.

So no, not everyone things GTa4 is a 98, I hardly have played any GTA game since 3 and I always check them out at launch. But it isn't divisive. It's quality and appeal is reflected in pretty much every metric you can legitimately have.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
Fuuuuuuck this is going to be so great. Luigi's Mansion 3 tomorrow and this next Friday? Aye. I feel sorry for the reviewers who had to play through the game like Columbus charting America though, not even getting any of the asynchronous multilayer features. Or are the reviewers America, the original first from the trailer?

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I watched with the volume off so it just looks like a wild acid trip to me.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fair. Although I think they are trying very different things and as far as I saw them interact, they respect each other. I just don't subscribe at these kind of negative comparisons all the time when the aim is not even the same.

It's fine, I remember us arguing in the old place about the same thing ha, i'll let bygones be bygones.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
This could be it. I've also noticed that lighter skin often ends up looking either too soft, like the character's wearing too much foundation, or too waxy, which undermines the obvious advances made in model geometry across the board.

I guess the other aspect could be that wrinkles, pores etc. are more readily visible on darker skin from a distance, so that gives the impression of greater detail.

This is the reason.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Holy damn. That was worth the watch. This is my nominee for best trailer of 2019. Like damn. That song in the trailer is phenomenal. Phew.

Oct 27, 2017
I watched the trailer and thought it was fantastic. Not going to play until the PC version comes out so I'll probably forget most things that I saw in the trailer.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
i only listened to the trailer and not watched it. I need that music in my life

Deleted member 10428

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've read a couple of previews and watched a couple of trailers and I still don't know what this is about. Like at all.

I do have it preordered as I'm sure it will be awesome though.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Once again I fail to understand why people are jumping to say this has "massive spoilers." I had no idea what was going on in this trailer, like most trailers. There's a giant fish I guess.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I'm worried there's no way to say this without sounding insensitive or racist, so I'm just going to say it: what is it about virtual representations of black actors that makes them look so much more believable than white ones?

Lindsay Wagner and Margaret Qualley's models in Death Stranding look great and all, but Tommie Earl Jenkins looks essentially real. And I've thought a similar thing about other games as well: characters with darker skin often look more realistic than characters with lighter skin.

Is it something to do with the way subsurface scattering simulates light interacting with darker skin?
Yeah it's contrast as some people have said. Same is true in Detroit where the black characters mostly look insane, the white ones just look solid to good with a few standouts.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Watched it again. Just an amazing trailer. Sure, there are spoilers, but without the context behind the scenes they don't really mean much.

Munti

Oct 26, 2017
I'm also one of these people that isn't sold yet, and this trailer hasn't changed that. The gameplay presented until now hasn't excited me and this 7-minute contains mostly only cutscenes. I fear that it's too cutscene heavy. So I will wait first for impressions and reviews. Maybe I get surprised :).

At the moment I also don't feel attached to these characters. Hope they are not all that time super serious.

Hoping for those that are waiting long and are hyped for that game that it will meet their expectations and be a lot of fun for them.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
24Wudp8.jpg

He looks so damn real!
wtf man, that's probably the closest thing I've seen to photorealism in a video game. Jaw dropping

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im not that interested in this game but I think this trailer shows a lot. Maybe too much!

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
Now I feel stupid for selling my PS4pro in anticipation of the PS5 to play games like these on that instead.

Its gonna be a loooooooong 12 months.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Not gonna watch but I assume it's PS Pro footage again.
It would have been nice to have seen like 10 seconds of base PS4 footage before launch....pretty disappointed in Sony tbh.
Most people will be playing this on a base PS4 and none of them know what the game looks like,lol.
So far all first party games this gen have delivered for me on my base console....so I'll just have to hope that continues I guess.

whalenapp81

Oct 29, 2017
Watched the trailer (spoilers don't bother me). I was 50/50 on getting this game, but after that trailer. I am all in, let's hop aboard the Kojima train. Great trailer, some really good music choices as well.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Apologies if this has been answered, but if I'm not sold on the game/gameplay but don't want to spoil anything in case I play it, should I watch this trailer? Is there another video I can watch?

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Reviews will be out in like 2 days dude I think you have the courage to wait.

For sure, but I have a pre-order I'd rather just cancel if I'm not jazzed about it. I don't care so much about reviews; I just want to know what kind of game I'm getting. I kind of know it's a survival game, with resources, and I have to climb over stuff...?

Edit: I know a lot of people are trolling about this. I'm really not; I've just been pretty lazy about keeping up with the game, and despite trying to catch up, it's now almost here and I still don't know if it's the kind of thing I'll enjoy. If there's a mostly spoiler-free break down on YT, I'd really appreciate a link.

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
Apologies if this has been answered, but if I'm not sold on the game/gameplay but don't want to spoil anything in case I play it, should I watch this trailer? Is there another video I can watch?
The release date trailer is probably you're best bet. Plenty of snippets of various gameplay elements. Or the 40 minute TGS gameplay demonstration.

This launch trailer has snippets of gameplay but theres stuff in it that can be considered spoilers.

Edit: as the other poster pointed out reviews in two day. There will be plenty of video reviews that show off the gameplay.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
I'm also one of these people that isn't sold yet, and this trailer hasn't changed that. The gameplay presented until now hasn't excited me and this 7-minute contains mostly only cutscenes. I fear that it's too cutscene heavy. So I will wait first for impressions and reviews. Maybe I get surprised :).

At the moment I also don't feel attached to these characters. Hope they are not all that time super serious.

Hoping for those that are waiting long and are hyped for that game that it will meet their expectations and be a lot of fun for them.

my problem is that i can't unsee the at this point thoroughly over-promoted actors. actors posturing, emoting. it's like taking the already embarrassing overly-melodramatic atmosphere of resident evil, & replacing all the characters with celebrities. still in day 1, still hoping to enjoy the game, but, my god, does it just feel terribly off, & terribly unintentionally cheesy...

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
I just dont like the guys style. Ive tried watching these trailers multiple times hoping ill like it, but man does this look boring to me.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
Wow, Keeping the pre-order, this is just too much wait for the PC version. Probably the most incredible hype trailer I've seen this gen. Thought they couldn't top the music and wow from the other trailers, then they just did - this is Kojima. The more they uncover the better it gets. So many questions, very deep sci fi plot line that seems to have a simple premise. I feel like watching the trailer isn't a bad thing because the story is going to be pretty tough to follow if it's anything like MGS. I don't know what it is but that pretty just open landscape looks so enticing to go run around in. Wonder what the reviewers will think? I mean it's just so odd even if they don't 'like' it there just so much beauty and weirdness to it I feel like I'll still love it.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
For sure, but I have a pre-order I'd rather just cancel if I'm not jazzed about it. I don't care so much about reviews; I just want to know what kind of game I'm getting. I kind of know it's a survival game, with resources, and I have to climb over stuff...?

If it's not a special edition or whatever I would say cancel it, not like your missing on some kind of preorder only items right?

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
If it's not a special edition or whatever I would say cancel it, not like your missing on some kind of preorder only items right?

Just an old E3 pre-order discount. If I cancel and then want to play it, I'd have to wait for a deep discount to get the same price. I could just wait and send it back, but there must be some kind of breakdown video that gives a sense of the gameplay?

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 100% sold at the story! But I have no idea if it's actually fun to play. But since it comes to PC I'll jump in evetually either way, it's a Kojima game, and I want more Kojima games on PC, voting with my wallet.