• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played Death Stranding, but I think it's fair to say that if you didn't like MGSV, you're not going to like this.

I, on the other hand, think MGSV is probably the best game of this generation, so I'm excited.

Huh no.

The things people hate about MGSV the most don't seem to apply here. (aka extremely lackluster story and narrative, being forced to replay chapters to unlock next parts etc, almost no memorable boss fights, plain environments, unfinished story etc...)

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
YuE0eRN.png
I remeber when Kojima games were basically the only AAA games with LGBTQ representation, glad to to see there will be some in Death Stranding.
I am not sure this is what this actually is
They are the same person

Ikouros

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
I mean, that's a trailer, of course it'll just be out of context quotes. Have you seen Control's trailers for example ? It's just a compilation of weird sentences that kinda make sense when you play the game.
Oh and I don't think the game is pretentious (although I believe the whole marketing of the game totally is). I don't get people who think something they don't understand (yet) is instantly pretentious.

I'd expect to have some level of understanding after 8 minutes of nothing but exposition. I've never seen so little said with so many words.
A trailer is supposed to convey an element of the story or purpose of a piece, offer an insight into what's going on and why - or what you'll be doing as a player.
This doesn't seem to do any of that - in fact it does quite the opposite. It befuddles. Which is a shame, because this overshadows intrigue in the picture. There's a lot to explore here visually.
It's fine though. I doubt this trailer has changed many minds. I doubt it was designed to.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Music is phenomenal. Kojimbo has great taste tbh.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly...not all too interested in this game. It looks cool graphics aren't that great but decent yet it seems so boring.
Agree, I was super into it before I actually learned what the game is. I really want to like it, it has some interesting elements but now It just feels pretentious, and .. boring.

TazKa

Oct 27, 2017
That is shit crazy good trailer, but still do not know how to connect the beats.
Seeing Death Stranding using Decima is just a joy to behold.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
I'd expect to have some level of understanding after 8 minutes of nothing but exposition. I've never seen so little said with so many words.
A trailer is supposed to convey an element of the story or purpose of a piece, offer an insight into what's going on and why - or what you'll be doing as a player.
This doesn't seem to do any of that - in fact it does quite the opposite. It befuddles. Which is a shame, because this overshadows intrigue in the picture. There's a lot to explore here visually.
It's fine though. I doubt this trailer has changed many minds. I doubt it was designed to.

I mean that is one mindset. Mine is that I am looking for something that intrigues me. I certainly don't find i need to understand what is going on before I play the game. There is certainly enough there to be intriguing. I can understand if others prefer something that is super legible from the outset, but I think that is just one method of storytelling. Also, having watched previous trailers I can pick up a decent amount of what is going, and what I don't get is even better.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic trailer, I have no idea if I am going to enjoy this game but I have to play it.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watched it again, man, it should have been just half as long. It just trails off into visual nonsense after 4 minutes. What a terribly edited trailer.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Jesus Christ what an insane trailer.
From everything I have seen this could rival BotW as my game of the generation

Kazaam

Oct 26, 2017
London
Imagine watching that and the word that comes to you is "boring"... if what you've seen in this trailer is boring, what the hell is interesting to you?

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
I'm going to pass. Considering how the MGS V trailers used most of the best scenes from the game. Granted, the story/cutscenes were lacking in that game. Still, idk 😐

I kind of want to watch it...

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
Game is gonna be so divisive. This is a new take I have. No one has said this before me today.

I don't buy the divisive thing. The game will either be good, or the game will be bad and some people will claim it's good because of reasons.

I hope it will be good.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
WTF? What a trailer man!!!!!
I was not hyped about the game before...but now im sold

wtf

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dammit I want to watch so badly but the spoiler warnings.... help
I have been following DS and saw some of the story developments in the spoiler thread: Dont watch it. Its incredibly spoilerish. Theres almost no gameplay. Did you watch the launch trailer for MGSV? Its on par with that in how much plot beats they show just because.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hahahaha I still believe the game will have an incredibly story and some really cool gameplay, but fuck me that was a bad fucking trailer.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Not sure if I'm looking too deep into it, but the game seems pretty political. With the beginning saying America as more than a nation, a symbol of freedom and hope, then later in the trailer it mention America is a lie.