• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaicooper87

Oct 27, 2017
User warned: platform wars
r.i.p sony fans
anyway Kojima announced it for PC and PS4 in the beginning already
and cant wait to play it on Master Race

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's based on this old gem
Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is exactly like that FFXIII one, so I figured the pasta was appropriate with all the whine about "Don't take my exclusive away"

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
We already knew it was coming to PC. I don't know why anyone would believe it's not coming to PC.

ThingsRscary

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
enough with those mysteries already
source.gif

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Never even knew about a PC version till now. I'm actually hoping for it to be an EGS exclusive cuz the meltdown would be on the level of Chernobyl (and fucking hilarious).

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
So in your mind Dreams will not be published by SIE?
That's another oversight in the list, as we both mentioned. The point of my short reply was that, despite missing some titles, for whatever slip, the games actually in it are all consistent to the rule described on the lower bottom of the page (co-published by SIEE). Of course, it loses some meaning when whoever's responsible of updating the list doesn't do its job properly. ;)

Then they are wrong about the title. It should be 'published by SIE' and not 'exclusive'.
I agree with you, the list is clearly twisting words, though it can be one of those situations where console exclusive is all that counts for the manufacturer (by itself, only a partial exclusivity, after all).

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
I feel like a lot of people have been overblowing EGS exclusive reactions. There have been big gsmes like borderlands 3 becoming exclusive with a bit of frustration but no hate. People are gonna wait

The hate only came after EGS started going for crowdfunded games or recently patreon supported.

No one will mind if DS is an EGS exclusive

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine a Sony exclusive engine like decima on pc. It will look incredible.
If it happens I expect a year console exclusivity. Sony would hate to show the difference in what the PC is capable of in direct comparisons. Once the PS5 comes out it won't matter
It's really nice to see all this enthusiasm for Death Stranding.
Almost as nice as the positive attitude from everyone over the possibility of it coming to the PC, am I right?

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
They own the IP, the engine it is running on and funded the whole project. They even have some of their SIE WWS devs working on it (GG, SSM). So yeah... there were major hints that the game was supposed to be a PS exclusive. 😑😶
Any news from your insider about the exclusivity? I remember you mentioned having someone who was informing you.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it is a day & date simultaneous release with CrossPlay enabled.

I don't think I would be able to wait for any kind of delayed PC release.

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
I can't be sure at 100% of course, but they have chosen to stay independent. With this AAA game planned to be a sucess and Kojima himself, I think his studio will have enough traction to deal with financials and publishers independently... like they did with Sony.

Kojima said he plans Death Stranding to become a big franchise beeing the pillarstone of the studio.
Without Sony there is no Death Stranding 2
Apart from that he is benefeting strongly by working together with Sony, something he wouldn't have at most other publishers.
He got the creative freedom and AAA Budget for a Game, that i can't think many other publisher would be willing to fund.
He is working with a Sony Engine and is even helping to improve it - if he works with another publisher, he would have to start from zero again and find or even build a new Engine.
Apart from that he is also getting support from Sony and its Team (Tech, Engine, MoCap)

I don't see Kojima switching publishers and basically start from Zero again after this Project. This is the start of a longterm parternship.

Of course that doesn't mean, that he only works with Sony. He could work on small projects for other Publishers

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
They don't have to. How often is a game announced as not coming to another platform? It's a Sony game

From what i remember the PR announcement said console exclusive. That PR is seemingly gone now though.

I could've sworn it was originally said to be multiplatform and then Sony listed it as only "console exclusive", meaning they have no restriction on another platform that isn't console for the first game.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
I feel like a lot of people have been overblowing EGS exclusive reactions. There have been big gsmes like borderlands 3 becoming exclusive with a bit of frustration but no hate. People are gonna wait

The hate only came after EGS started going for crowdfunded games or recently patreon supported.

No one will mind if DS is an EGS exclusive

Oh bless your heart sweet summer child. lol

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't see Kojima switching publishers and basically start from Zero again after this Project. This is the start of a longterm parternship.

Of course that doesn't mean, that he only works with Sony. He could work on small projects for other Publishers

Absolutely but in bold that's what I was trying to say, his work with Sony isn't necessarily... exclusive 🥳 By "exclusive" I mean that exclude anything else, like you won't see Guerilla published by Zenimax - more like From Software worked with Bamco or Sony/Japan Studio.

Haint

Banned
Oct 14, 2018
Logically and realistically, the only reason Sony would keep the quasi-exclusive charade going this long only to inexplicably remove it at the 11th hour is a big fat check from Epic to move up the PC release. Which has an inherent implication that the game must not be mock reviewing very well internally to shake Sony's confidence enough to exchange their exclusivity window for a guaranteed money hat.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
We already knew it was coming to PC. I don't know why anyone would believe it's not coming to PC.
For lots of reasons, like having 'Only on PlayStation' in front of their trailer for it at E3 last year.

Sony's branding on this has been all over the place but the box art not having the branding on it seemed to definitely point towards this getting a PC release eventually (again)?

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Death Stranding no longer console exclusive, game must be bad and now Sony is smart for not securing total exclusivity.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I can already see all the sarcastic "Sony are distancing themselves from DS" post when the marketing campaign kicks in.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If it happens I expect a year console exclusivity. Sony would hate to show the difference in what the PC is capable of in direct comparisons. Once the PS5 comes out it won't matter
Almost as nice as the positive attitude from everyone over the possibility of it coming to the PC, am I right?

Yeah, I could see one year exclusive. It's going to look better than PS4 and PS5 if it comes to pc so I think Sony wouldn't mind when it comes out. It would look just as bad if the pc version offered a higher quality version than the brand new ps5. So, I'd say it's probably good to get the pc version out before the ps5 but Sony would know better than me.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
The good thing about this game being multilat is that no longer the preview threads will be filled with concerned trolls.

Deleted member 30124

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The point of my short reply was that, despite missing some titles, for whatever slip, the games actually in it are all consistent to the rule described on the lower bottom of the page (co-published by SIEE).

What does Death Stranding's removal from the list say about its consistency to the rule, though? Will the game no longer be published by SIEE?

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
If Sony want to distance themselves from a game, they'd actually do it. You know, like not publishing Demon's Souls or dropping it completely like Remember Me. If Death Stranding will release on PC it's because they can't afford it/they don't think it's a good investment just to prevent a PC release, like Street Fighter V.
It's Kojima, he has a say on his studio, and after working his whole life on a single thing he's probably not blindly putting his first independent studio's game into Sony's hands without any conditions.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
User Banned (3 days): drive-by trolling
*waits patiently for the Epic Games Store PC exclusive announcement*

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.