• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is this your first time with Death Stranding?

• Yeah

Votes: 500 46.7%
  • Nope, played it on PS4

Votes: 570 53.3%

• Total voters

Birbos

Alt Account
Banned
May 15, 2020
I just finished a youtube playthrough up to where I stopped on PS4. So much good shit. I can't wait to finish it.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Just bought it !!!! the hyped i got reading this OT made me buy it days one hahaha I so want to see the decima engine on PC too !

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Driver updated. Worried I won't get my pre-order today though, went for the steel case edition this time and haven't got a notice of delivery from the store. Certainly no preload for me. Does the 80GB install size seem accurate? Have got just 180GB free on my Win10 ssd atm but hopefully that will be fine. Met Kojima briefly in Stockholm many years back and got a signature on my MGS3 case. Very humble and nice man. Shame what went down with Konami. Looking forward to Death Stranding now though.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Driver updated. Worried I won't get my pre-order today though, went for the steel case edition this time and haven't got a notice of delivery from the store. Certainly no preload for me. Does the 80GB install size seem accurate? Have got just 180GB free on my Win10 ssd atm but hopefully that will be fine. Met Kojima briefly in Stockholm many years back and got a signature on my MGS3 case. Very humble and nice man. Shame what went down with Konami. Looking forward to Death Stranding now though.
Yeah. The PS4 version isn't that big either. So you don't have to worry.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Three more hours.
giphy.gif

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Two things I hope people mod into the game.

Ability to play music while playing the game and being able to skip the small cutscenes/animations when doing things like recycling.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Jealous of a lot of you first time players today. Hope you enjoy the game & make the Decima Engine sing!

PS: May someone please supply me with those pre-order wallpapers, pretty please?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
hope y'all enjoy

this was my game of the year last year

id probably be buying it again myself, but COVID halted my new PC building venture

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Hope the preload decrypts automatically if I just leave Steam running, I've had mixed experiences in the past. Most likely not home when the game will unlock, but hope to get a nice session in tonight!

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
My number #1 tip for new players would be to remember not to carry too much stuff. It's indicated in the Cargo menu by Sam hunching over and the weight in kg being yellow instead of white, like this:
Death-Stranding-How-to-Carry-More-Items.jpg

If Sam is like this, you slow down significantly and start losing your balance. You're more likely to be pulled down by BTs also. Relating to this, remember also to get the Level 3 Power Skeleton from the Engineer by leveling him up! You may want to do this as soon as you meet him, it only takes a few deliveries.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Enjoy the game !
incredible experience.(storytelling is not great ....it's the opposite of "show,don't tell" ah ah...but there are a lot of interestings things).
Read all of the texts and emails in the game.I liked reading all of these.

basic tip:
-don't carry everything and run like a crazy.
-take your time,look carefully at the map,choose your path,and how many missions you will do with each travel.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Well i'm kinda interested in it at least the story looks intriguing but i think i will wait for a sale down the road.
I still have a pretty intimidating backlog and it's a bit too expensive i also don't really like buying games with Denuvo.

Presskohle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Could not find any details on the new 'very hard' difficulty. Would love to see some more challenge on the cargo stuff, less so on the combat.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I cannot wait for people to unlock the weight limit and just start building insanely tall cargo lol. Should be amazing.

Ashok

Jan 24, 2019
Enjoy the game !
incredible experience.(storytelling is not great ....it's the opposite of "show,don't tell" ah ah...but there are a lot of interestings things).
Read all of the texts and emails in the game.I liked reading all of these.

basic tip:
-don't carry everything and run like a crazy.
-take your time,look carefully at the map,choose your path,and how many missions you will do with each travel.

Incredible yet bad storytelling? Is the story just not good? Or is it good but just a bit unpolished in terms of pacing? Would I like the plot if i loved the plot in MGS1-4?

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Incredible yet bad storytelling? Is the story just not good? Or is it good but just a bit unpolished in terms of pacing? Would I like the plot if i loved the plot in MGS1-4?
You should dig it.

The ending brought me to tears. I not sure if it was Kojima though, or personally being a new Dad. Haha.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Weird game, but one that deserves the playthrough imo. Hell I just came to this post to see if there was already some 60 fps videos or something of people doing crazy things but I guess I'll have to wait some days for that. Gonna give some advice though, at least.

Enjoy! And try crazy things with physics and all the tools that are available. Balance is key (I mean, the keys you bind to balance, one for each side, are the keys to success, literally) plus don't sprint unless you are sure it's safe. The game plays itself that way. PLAY ON HARD if you want platforming/traversal to have ANY challenge but don't go overencumbered either. The line that separates this from a literal walking simulator (talking about gameplay strictly) is thin, but behind that comparison lies a fun game. Also: explore, when outside main missions, preferably while carrying little cargo so you have room for whatever you find. And help fellow transporters. :)

Keep on keeping on!

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I picked this up on my PS4 Pro but barely got past the intro for one reason or another. Not sure whether to give the game another try, either on there or on PC...

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Picked this up without really knowing much about it besides it's kojima and you make deliveries and try to keep balance. Ready to see what's in store and how beautiful it is on PC. I like slow paced games so I think I will enjoy it.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This is one tip I have in the OP but I'm gonna repost anyway as it is pretty important
  • In the early game, auto-sort is king when it comes to managing cargo but please don't make this a crutch. Later on, you'll want to have the most important cargo at the bottom of your backpack and auto-sort doesn't always do this. Generally when it comes to cargo, important stuff at the bottom of your backpack, weapons attatched to your suit and equipment at the very top of your backpack.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Another tip that might even be useful for returning players... In one corner of the map, there's a prepper called Film Director. He might not seem like much, but he actually gifts you one of the coolest upgrades in the game, especially if you like raiding MULE camps. Not gonna spoil what it is tho, I think a lot of players missed it completely on their playthrough

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the embargo dropped, anyone seen GTX 1080 benchmarks by chance? Couldn't find anything on google yet

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I'm looking forward to seeing what modders do with this. DS has some really cool stuff that is messed around by some stuff I really disliked, like the B.Ts.

At the very least someone will mod out that fecking cutscene that plays everytime they appear

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
starting to regret pre-loading and not just downloading it proper