• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is this your first time with Death Stranding?

• Yeah

Votes: 500 46.7%
  • Nope, played it on PS4

Votes: 570 53.3%

• Total voters
Mar 22, 2019
Finished the PS4 version and thought about going for the platinum as the game is simply too much fun.
Will pickup PC on a sale I think as my rig can absolutely run it (although waiting for the new Asus ROG 32'' HDR/4K screens to be released to enjoy fully).

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
It's a fair point though outside of having amazing internet, if you're are not literally sat waiting for decryption at the specific moment of launch, it's still far preferable. I'll be having dinner no doubt, so I'm fine with my PC automatically getting it ready to go
I have gigabit internet but I always love the warm fuzzy feeling of having an anticipated title preloaded sitting in my PC haha. But I've never had any issues with decryption times anyways, it always takes around the same few minutes that it takes to download, even on massive titles.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I pre-ordered from Fanatical due to their $10 off deal. But they still haven't released it. It seemed to say it would have the pre-order bonuses tho so idk. I guess I still have to wait till launch day? I don't need to pre-load. I just feel bad about people who do.

Oct 25, 2017
I know very little about this game and i'm thinking of buying it at full price.

without spoilers is the gameplay like euro truck? or more like a third person shooter? (feel free to deescribe how it feels to you)
It controls like a third person action game and there are segments that play like a third person shooter but the main gameplay loop(i.e 90% of the game) is basically delivery missions like euro truck.

Xelan

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope someone is able to mod out sam's ponytail, it is possibly the thing that bothered me most about sam's character design.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I hope someone is able to mod out sam's ponytail, it is possibly the thing that bothered me most about sam's character design.
Christian-Bale-Confused.gif

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the physical day 1 version for PC a Steam code? Also, if it is and i go that route, will I get the Valve exclusive stuff when I redeem the code on launch or was that a limited time thing?

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ohh. vestan i forgot to mention. The Nvidia DS ready driver is out (cam out a couple of days a go) You should add it (and the AMD one if it's out too) to the OP.

Dictator Will you be (if you haven't already) be making a vid about what the best settings are, and what not. Or DS pc vid in general. ?

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the physical day 1 version for PC a Steam code? Also, if it is and i go that route, will I get the Valve exclusive stuff when I redeem the code on launch or was that a limited time thing?

According to Amazon, the retail copies are Steam codes. I also learned while searching that up that there is no retail version in the US, only Europe and Japan.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Got this with my RTX laptop. Does it work with the Xbox One controller or do I need to buy a DS4?

I like using the keyboard and mouse for simulation/strategy/CRPG but much prefer controller otherwise.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
To keep it short it is available in the US, but it's a BB exclusive. Some places sell exclusive items and it just so happens that BB is the only place in the US selling this. I am glad that they are since I was able to get my copy for $48USD after using a coupon voucher thing.

So unlike what THQ Nordic does, this will just be a Steam code, the only real benefit of getting this version is the steelbook that will also have an exclusive sleeve. I think that the Steelbook is the same one that the US got, but I don't know where else you could get the sleeve that will come with this one. This is why the game cost $10USD more than the digital code because of the steelbook.

The good news is that because it's a "day 1 edition", as long as you get this game you will be able to get the "pre-order" bonus stuff because all of the keys include with these will be special steam keys that have pre-order stuff attached to them. One other example of a game that was like this was Nier Automata but in order to get those you had to buy the Steam key directly from SE on their website (I'm guessing that's why they never put the game on sale there)

My copy from BB shipped earlier today and should arrive by Tuesday. I'm just glad that was the case since it turned into this whole thing.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Got this with my RTX laptop. Does it work with the Xbox One controller or do I need to buy a DS4?

I like using the keyboard and mouse for simulation/strategy/CRPG but much prefer controller otherwise.
It should work with a Xbox controller just fine, but I do wonder if they kept the DS4 stuff in if you do decide to use a DS4 controller

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Ohh. vestan i forgot to mention. The Nvidia DS ready driver is out (cam out a couple of days a go) You should add it (and the AMD one if it's out too) to the OP.

Dictator Will you be (if you haven't already) be making a vid about what the best settings are, and what not. Or DS pc vid in general. ?
We tend to cover big releases, so yeah I will be covering it.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Played this on my pro and I'd love to experience it again on my PC, but I'll hold off until there's a steep discount. 505 can fuck off with their pricing.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully get my key from 2GAME today so I can preload. Also hoping I can play this at 4k with my 2080 but we shall see. DLSS will probably help a lot.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
there's a feeling

it feels almost textural

you see the landscape directly in front of you, and the next minute is dedicated to that sight

and at the same time, you see your target further in the distance

but your brain just catalogs accordingly

good ole brain

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Finished it on PS4 and preloaded on PC, been waiting to replay this for a while now. But think of the mods, how long do you think till we can play as Conan? Or Venom Snake?

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Would I be booting it up and seeing complete roads early on
IIRC it's all based on story progress, further you get, the more roads you'll see pop up. Obviously you'll need to actually contribute if you want to cover the map tho.
Ohh. @vestan i forgot to mention. The Nvidia DS ready driver is out (cam out a couple of days a go) You should add it (and the AMD one if it's out too) to the OP.
Cool gonna do it now, thanks

sonder

Banned
Mar 18, 2020
I'd like to revisit this game now that it's on PC. Great game with awesome music. I'll probably wait until a price drop myself though. Or I'll just cave this weekend we'll see.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Really loved this game. There's something super relaxing about it. I thought the story was just awful but the gameplay was really....like I played it before coronavirus and it was really scratching that need of mine to plan trips and vacations. So I could only imagine what playing it would be like now.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
So I put 30 hours in on PS4 and got like 2/3s through Chapter 3 before dropping it, but I loved it. So I'm gonna do it again with PC and hopefully beat it this time.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Interview starts soon, gonna try my best to compile it all in a post for those not watching

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Enjoy it people. It's an amazing and weird game, with gorgeous graphics and amazing soundtrack:

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Great OT, but it's missing probably the most important piece of information: the release date. I had to Google it to find out it's tomorrow.

knight714

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so torn between picking this up for PC (1070, which should comfortably play it at 1080/60fps, or hold out for a PS5 version in the hope it reaches 4k/60fps