• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
i don't have a ps5 and haven't played the game,
but i've always wondered why they didn't implement (at least optional) motion controls for balancing Sam instead of button presses. together with Dualsense vibration that could be pretty cool and elevate the walking gameplay.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
$10 for this is nuts. It almost feels like stealing.

Do PS5 editions of games have a separate trophy list?

Big Boss

Oct 27, 2017
Kojima the gawd keep on blessing us. Didn't beat the PS4 version so definitely copping this.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in. I think. I wish we had the ability to make a completely new game file. It might sound weird but I legit wanna make a new game where I don't do any building whatsoever besides ladders and ropes.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
10 bucks upgrade is fantastic news. I was ready to pay for up to 20 at most, but now I'll just grab an used copy of the PS4 game for dirt cheap and pay for the upgrade in september.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet! I'll jump back in and pick up right where I left off or maybe I'll just start over from the beginning.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Performance Mode with upscaled 4K and up to 60FPS or Fidelity Mode in native 4K – both with ultra-wide and HDR support"

Ultrawide....? On PS5?

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Cross-Save:

PlayStation 4 console save data will be transferable. We wanted to ensure that players, no matter where they are in their journey, could pick back up relatively in the same area as they left off when playing the PS4™ version, while also enabling players who have already completed the game the ability to jump to the areas where new content and equipment can be discovered.

It costs $50 for those who didn't buy on PS4:

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
What, ultrawide on ps5? I hope it is not a mistake.
Right there in the blog post, I'm surprised myself tbh
To be fair, KojiPro put a lot of effort into the Ultrawide for the PC release, I remember watching that SGF interview last year from Shinkawa about it

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
Well, that blog post certainly gave me everything I needed. Good price, save transfer, and the additional content sounds more substantial than I first thought, so I guess I have no choice but to pick this up again lol

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Wtf is Friend Play? Is that co-op?

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll do $10. I bought the game on Black Friday for $20 but haven't touched it so it is a no brainer

Stratosphere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
will the game support save transfer from PS4 to PS5?
Yes

Before we get into the PS5 features, wanted to also confirm to the many Porters who have either just made their first delivery, or you're off building loads of structures to help other Porters – Unite the Divided! – PlayStation 4 console save data will be transferable. We wanted to ensure that players, no matter where they are in their journey, could pick back up relatively in the same area as they left off when playing the PS4™ version, while also enabling players who have already completed the game the ability to jump to the areas where new content and equipment can be discovered.

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
10 bucks:

blog.playstation.com

Death Stranding Director’s Cut launches on PS5 September 24, 2021

Details on PS5 features, cross-save and upgrade paths for PS4 players.

Upgrade path defined

If you already own the PS4 version of Death Stranding, you can get the PS5 Death Stranding Director's Cut Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade for only [$10].

Buy any version of Death Stranding for PS4 to get the Death Stranding Director's Cut Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade for PS5 for the same price mentioned above.***

Brilliant. So looking forward to this now.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in. I think. I wish we had the ability to make a completely new game file. It might sound weird but I legit wanna make a new game where I don't do any building whatsoever besides ladders and ropes.
Huh? Nothing's preventing you from upgrading and starting a new game from scratch though

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hard pass if there's no upgrade path.

I can't believe Sony is shoveling down a rerelease for $70 and people are happily buying it again.

Edit: never mind, upgrade is here, YAY! And 10 bucks is totally reasonable.

I would have totally paid full price again. Death Stranding is one of those rare games that I feel would be worth every single penny. That being said... I'll gladly also save $60 if they only wanna charge me a tenner.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
PlayStation 5 features
  • Experience environment effects with the DualSense wireless controller's haptic feedback.
  • Get closer to the world of Death Stranding with bespoke adaptive trigger resistance.
  • Hear sound effects come to life in 3D Audio (requires compatible headphones).
  • Get into the action quickly with the PS5 console's ultra-fast SSD and near-instant load times.
  • Choose from two picture modes – Performance Mode with upscaled 4K and up to 60FPS or Fidelity Mode in native 4K – both with ultra-wide and HDR support**.
Upgrade path defined
If you already own the PS4 version of Death Stranding, you can get the PS5 Death Stranding Director's Cut Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade for only [$10].

Buy any version of Death Stranding for PS4 to get the Death Stranding Director's Cut Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade for PS5 for the same price mentioned above.***

Also:

New Delivery Order! Enhanced and expanded content
Death Stranding Director's Cut is packed with a ton of new content and enhanced gameplay features. We are introducing more weapons, equipment and vehicles, a variety of new modes, missions and areas to explore, expanded storylines, and enhancements to the UI. We will also be adding new online features including Friend Play and Leaderboards, more news on that coming soon!

... though I can confirm now that all the Half-Life and Cyberpunk 2077 content introduced to the PC version of Death Stranding will also be available in Death Stranding Director's Cut.