• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Incredible troll-er but will wait and see on what the DC actually adds.

If it's just a graphical upgrade then... well, shit :p But hey I still don't have a PS5 anyway.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Genuinely curious what this will be. Death Stranding already seemed like Mr. Kojima going pure auteur and making this weird idiosyncratic game. Will this Kojima Cut go further in that direction or an example of hindsight changing a project.

It's hardly the first time he revisited a game (Substance, Subsistence) but the wording of "Director's Cut" is the interesting bit.

ItsBradazHD

Nov 21, 2018
Those MGS teases tho...

"Weeks away" might also hint at that "Summer event" rumored for PlayStation, or just another SOP. Either way, didn't get around to this on it's initial release, and very interested that Sony found it worthwhile doing a PS5 release for this one..

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Those are the Homo Demens that you fight near the latter portion of the game

latest
really? huh didn't even notice they looked any different

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I'll finally play Death Stranding. I'd been waiting for a PS5 version.
Also, lol at that trailer.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it also hints the MGS Remake that's been rumored around here?

Either way I'm so fucking hyped already for Death Stranding's use of the dual sense.

Please for the love of God, Kojima, add in an mp3 player or at least let me use Spotify while I play damn it lol.
Feel weird to think about a MGS remake with Kojima again after all the events.
But can't wait for the directors cut!!! I'll double dip day one lol

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if there's an upgrade path for the PS4 version or you buy gotta buy a whole new version.

RainerDrix

Oct 25, 2017
Long Island, NY
I've been champing at the bit to replay Death Stranding. Excited for AT and haptics. However, I REALLY loved playing this game with the DS4 back button attachment and idk if I can go back to playing it without that.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
If I have to pay a second time for even more content that I never asked for…nope! Hope I'm wrong.

MoonCoffee8

Banned
Aug 30, 2020
I know it might be reaching knowing Kojima, but all those references... I hope it's implying a remake down the line.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Interested in seeing what this'll entail because the game was already pretty indulgent as is haha. Still really enjoyed it and curious to dive back in again.

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
I legitimately can't think of a game that was less of a director's cut than Death Stranding.

Kojima named the fucking company after himself lol

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Weren't there rumors the funding for Death Stranding got cut part way in development? Maybe the director's cut bit is him adding content he originally wanted.

Urðr

Aug 13, 2020
Hopefully this fixes some issues and elevates the game. I guess it will have more cutscenes in the middle of the game, as that had an impact on the strength of the story (for me, at least).