• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No one. But as I said too, I don't see anyone pressing Square Enix nor Sony in any way to get informations about that matter.

What is there to ask about? The game was announced as a timed exclusive

They made it clear again at PSX that it's coming first to PS4

www.youtube.com

PlayStation Experience 2015: Final Fantasy VII Remake - PSX 2015 Trailer | PS4

https://www.playstation.com/games/final-fantasy-vii-remake/?emcid=or-1s-412983FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE – PSX 2015 TrailerThey are coming back to Midgar…www.f...

At least do your research before claiming something which is not even true.

Even when they're upfront people find still find something to complain about. An imaginary complaint at that.

FF7R was never announced and marketed as an exclusive.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
What is there to ask about? The game was announced as a timed exclusive

They made it clear again at PSX that it's coming first to PS4

www.youtube.com

PlayStation Experience 2015: Final Fantasy VII Remake - PSX 2015 Trailer | PS4

https://www.playstation.com/games/final-fantasy-vii-remake/?emcid=or-1s-412983FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE – PSX 2015 TrailerThey are coming back to Midgar…www.f...

At least do your research before claiming something which is not even true.

Even when they're upfront people find still find something to complain about. An imaginary complaint at that.

FF7R was never announced and marketed as an exclusive.

For how long ? Can you answer how long and what platforms ?
What imaginary complaints ? If you cant answer those questions, then it means they're not upfront.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Happy it got confirmed before people spent money on ps4 and get blind sided. The whispers out of gamescom was the PC version was coming sooner then you think. I was half expexting a day and date release via Epic.

Anyway.... so is Decima just the name for Kojima's fork of the Guerilla engine and not the name of the engine now? Kind of a lumberyard / cryengine situation.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For how long ? Can you answer how long and what platforms ?
What imaginary complaints ? If you cant answer those questions, then it means they're not upfront.

GTFOH with this pickiness. The game is not exclusive to PS4. What other platforms do you think it's coming to? Do you wan't a big sign everywhere letting you know? Use common sense.

Jan 20, 2019
Well, I'm not saying they need to be upfront about it. I'm saying they're not and that I'm not seeing anyone question either Sony nor Square Enix.

When the game got annouanced at e3 2015 they said it whould come first for the ps4.

Dont expect Sony to tell you when is coming to the other platforms, Square answer that with " right now, we dont have any plans for other platforms".

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
GTFOH with this pickiness. The game is not exclusive to PS4. What other platforms do you think it's coming to? Do you wan't a big sign everywhere letting you know? Use common sense.

Lol. Calm down, you're sweating bullets and being overly transparent Mister "Death Stranding never coming to PC". You being unable to answer the question proves my point. No date, no platform. Use common sense indeed.

When the game got annouanced at e3 2015 they said it whould come first for the ps4.

Dont expect Sony to tell you when is coming to the other platforms, Square answer that with " right now, we dont have any plans for other platforms".

As I said, I'm not saying they need to be upfront about it. I'm saying no one's asking, that's all.

Jan 20, 2019
Lol. Calm down, you're sweating bullets and being overly transparent Mister "Death Stranding never coming to PC". You being unable to answer the question proves my point. No date, no platform. Use common sense indeed.

As I said, I'm not saying they need to be upfront about it. I'm saying no one's asking, that's all.

Because nobody cares, it is the sad reality of having one company dominate the entire gen.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Because nobody cares, it is the sad reality of having one company dominate the entire gen.

A lot of people care actually. But said people indeed aren't the one asking questions. But you're right, it's the reality when there's a company on top of the generation. But it doesn't change the fact that it is indeed one sided.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
LOL , some of you man.

The gaming press has a lot to answer for. Sony played the exclusivity in such a deceptive way with some marketing material even suggesting it was an exclusive and not a single outlet is doing any kind of reporting on it.

Even when it was announced and mentioned as coming to PC only for that version to disappear from all subsequent promotional material, the gaming press did nothing. Where were the questions? Where were the insider sources to spill the details then?

Not a single question towards Kojima or Sony about why it was announced as multiplatform and then suddenly exclusive.

The whole thing reeks. Sony's feet need to held to the fire over this, but instead we'll get low effort fanboy posts like yours where you'd rather the discussion stop.

"Lol, I'm not a fanboy" screeched the...you guessed it, fanboy"

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
The gaming press has a lot to answer for. Sony played the exclusivity in such a deceptive way with some marketing material even suggesting it was an exclusive and not a single outlet is doing any kind of reporting on it.

Even when it was announced and mentioned as coming to PC only for that version to disappear from all subsequent promotional material, the gaming press did nothing. Where were the questions? Where were the insider sources to spill the details then?

Not a single question towards Kojima or Sony about why it was announced as multiplatform and then suddenly exclusive.

The whole thing reeks. Sony's feet need to held to the fire over this, but instead we'll get low effort fanboy posts like yours where you'd rather the discussion stop.

"Lol, I'm not a fanboy" screeched the...you guessed it, fanboy"

I disagree that Sony has an obligation to talk or be upfront about all of this though.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
I agree - I think it's disingenuous, but that's part of the game in marketing and obfuscating what is actually happening

A lot of folks recognised this already, raised the original confirmation of a PC release, highlighted the same old obfuscation, same old redundant tag to faux suggest full exclusivity.... and some people still wouldn't even entertain the notion - which is pretty hilarious.

As it was this "gen", PC has such a broad and unique audience, so with cost and longevity increasing, more of these games flagship titles will latch onto including a PC audience - more revenue, larger audience, greater visibility and better longevity

Kaiserstarky

Oct 30, 2017
Happy it got confirmed before people spent money on ps4 and get blind sided. The whispers out of gamescom was the PC version was coming sooner then you think. I was half expexting a day and date release via Epic.

Anyway.... so is Decima just the name for Kojima's fork of the Guerilla engine and not the name of the engine now? Kind of a lumberyard / cryengine situation.

No Decima is really the name of Guerrilla engine and Kojima has setting up a small satellite studio for Kojima Productions near Guerrilla to work with them on the engine.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

You're main argument was that Sony wasn't being upfront about FF7R. I showed you that the marketing was always was clear about timed exclusivity. Now you wan't extra information about platforms and release timing. Sorry but that's on you and is the most dumbest thing to complain about and hold them against. Sony and Square made a deal. Sony lets it be known that it's exclusive to PS4 for a certain time. There's nothing else to figure out or ask anyone about.

You're purposely being obtuse and wanting to find something else to blame Sony because of this whole Death Stranding thing.

No offence, but it's not sony's or square's job to entertain peoples stupidity.

Last edited:

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
No Decima is really the name of Guerrilla engine and Kojima has setting up a small satellite studio for Kojima Productions near Guerrilla to work with them on the engine.

Moreover, the engine was being developed with a PC end way back during dev of one of the old Killzone titles, which then fizzled out.

Now that the work is done, it's highly likely that Decima becomes licensed engine, for dev further PS and PC focused games

Kaiserstarky

Oct 30, 2017
Moreover, the engine was being developed with a PC end way back during dev of one of the old Killzone titles, which then fizzled out.

Now that the work is done, it's highly likely that Decima becomes licensed engine, for dev further PS and PC focused games

I would need to find the link but i remember that Hermen Hulst said i think last year maybe that the studio wasn't interested in licensing their engine.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
You're main argument was that Sony wasn't being upfront about FF7R. I showed you that the marketing was always was clear about timed exclusivity. Now you wan't extra information about platforms and release timing. Sorry but that's on you and is the most dumbest thing to complain about and hold them against. Sony and Square made a deal. Sony lets it be known that it's exclusive to PS4 for a certain time. There's nothing else to figure out or ask anyone about.

You're purposely being obtuse and wanting to find something else to blame Sony because of this whole Death Stranding thing.

No offence, but it's not sony's or square's job to entertain peoples stupidity.

No, for the 3rd time, my main argument is that neither companies are being pressed.
Where did I say "Sony isn't being upfront and that's bad" ? You have a really weird obsession here. I said, and I'll say it again, that in the case of RoTTR, Microsoft and Square Enix were pressed by some piblications to know the specific about that exclusivity deal. But in the case of Death Stranding and FFVIIR, neither Sony nor Square Enix are being asked by those publications. Are Sony and Square Enix being upfront ? No. Because in the case of Death Stranding, nothing was being said for years. In the case of FFVIIR, no one is able to say what "first on PS4" leads to, which means no answer on what platforms and when.
Re-read my posts.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I think that just down the the audience size, I mean theres more than twice the amount of PS players than xbox. And can you give more than one example of this actually happening becasue outside of tomb raider(used to be associated with PS exclusively), I don't think devs have been forced by outrage to come out about unannounced platforms.

A lot of franchises were known for being on other platforms. Final fantasy for example. Didn't sony pay to keep tomb raider from other platforms too? When is this ok and when isnt it? That's my point. It definitely feels like somy get away with it more...

..I mean, imagine if death stranding was announced as a Microsoft exclusive and a pc version was mentioned at some point before the exclusivity video/unveiling. I would put money that it wouldn't make it to a week or so before launch for the pc version to have to be confirmed by ms and or kojima.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
A lot of franchises were known for being on other platforms. Final fantasy for example. Didn't sony pay to keep tomb raider from other platforms too? When is this ok and when isnt it? That's my point. It definitely feels like somy get away with it more...

..I mean, imagine if death stranding was announced as a Microsoft exclusive and a pc version was mentioned at some point before the exclusivity video/unveiling. I would put money that it wouldn't make it to a week or so before launch for the pc version to have to be confirmed by ms and or kojima.
When did this happen? I think you're stretching. And obviously it would've been confirmed to xbox because all there exclusives come to PC day and date.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When did this happen? I think you're stretching. And obviously it would've been confirmed to xbox because all there exclusives come to PC day and date.

The old Tomb Raider

A month before release, Eidos finalised a deal with Sony Computer Entertainment to keep the console version of Tomb Raider II and future games exclusive to PlayStation until the year 2000.[7][8] The PlayStation version was released in Japan in 1998.[11] Tomb Raider III launched in 1998.[8] As with Tomb Raider II, the PlayStation version released in Japan the following year.[12] The fourth consecutive title in the series, Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation, released in 1999. In 2000, with the end of the PlayStation exclusivity deal, the game also released on the Dreamcast.[7][13]

en.wikipedia.org

Tomb Raider - Wikipedia

Havel

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck, Guerrilla's tech on PC. This has been my #1 wish ever since Killzone 2. What a time to be alive.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Genuinely surprised they didn't take the R* route and just keep quiet in the hopes people would double dip.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No, for the 3rd time, my main argument is that neither companies are being pressed.
Where did I say "Sony isn't being upfront and that's bad" ? You have a really weird obsession here. I said, and I'll say it again, that in the case of RoTTR, Microsoft and Square Enix were pressed by some piblications to know the specific about that exclusivity deal. But in the case of Death Stranding and FFVIIR, neither Sony nor Square Enix are being asked by those publications. Are Sony and Square Enix being upfront ? No. Because in the case of Death Stranding, nothing was being said for years. In the case of FFVIIR, no one is able to say what "first on PS4" leads to, which means no answer on what platforms and when.
Re-read my posts.

Tomb Raider got all that attention for a reason. It's exclusivity deal was announced out of nowhere from an originally multiplatform game.

Death Stranding was announced as a partnership between Sony and Kojima. With Sony funding the game and providing their engine. The conclusion would be that it's exclusive. But wait, everyone loves to dig up past interviews where Kojima or a PR already confirmed it was coming to PC. That it was always apart of the deal with Sony. So what's the problem? They've already been asked.

FF7R was known to be first on PS4. Nothing else needs to be said. Every deal doesn't have to be broken down in detail. Especially when it's so damn obvious what that deal means.

You're arguments amounts to wanting to know more information just because. This generation of gamers have got be most needy i've seen.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
No, it's been named Decima since its public introduction years ago (you can watch Horizon: Zero Dawn videos focused on the engine).
In the case of FFVIIR, no one is able to say what "first on PS4" leads to, which means no answer on what platforms and when.
Perhaps there is no answer to give at this moment. You know most studios using an staggered rollout plan work first on the version expected to release sooner, and only then move on to the next.

Last edited: