• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kaicooper87

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (3 days): platform warring, previously warned for the same thing
Master Race baby, cant wait for the real experience

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To everyone asking why, this is why. A game is not a system seller if you can get it elsewhere period. Sony used to be good with having true exclusives and I feel like there recent deals have shown they only care about console exclusivity, which weakens their platform.
What are you, a fucking stockholder? Who cares if it "weakens their platform"?

Sams88

Oct 9, 2019
The problem is that "console exclusivity" is not really all that valuable of a thing. It weakens the strength of a platform if a significant portion of your "exclusives" can be played elsewhere.

At some point, you go from "you can only get this here" to "you can get this everywhere EXCEPT here", and that's just dumb.

"Exclusively not on [X]" is not the way the business should be arcing - it was dumb when Microsoft tried to do "exclusively not on Playstation" deals and it's dumb when Sony tries to do "exclusively not on Xbox" deals.
Console exclusivity has always been, and will continue to be, the only thing that matters to a brand like PlayStation.

Kojima was a free agent. Securing his title as a console exclusive, and likely subsequent titles, is a win win for both parties. His name brings prestige and sells machines. Not to mention everything that comes with owning the IP and making key production decisions.

Said title releasing 6-12 months later on PC doesn't move the needle from a business perspective. They'll already be in pre-production for whatever comes next with PS5.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Console exclusivity has always been, and will continue to be, the only thing that matters to a brand like PlayStation.

Kojima was a free agent. Securing his title as a console exclusive, and likely subsequent titles, is a win win for both parties. His name brings prestige and sells machines. Not to mention everything that comes with owning the IP and making key production decisions.

Said title releasing 6-12 months later on PC doesn't move the needle from a business perspective. They'll already be in pre-production for whatever comes next with PS5.

Except now there's no reason to believe them when they say something's exclusive. Why buy a PS5 when you know games like these will be available on other platforms anyway?

That's the problem - they're setting an expectation that their platform isn't all that valuable if they can't lock down exclusives properly. I don't give a shit about the Last of Us and I don't give a shit about Ghost of Tsushima or Horizon 2. What is my reason for going with PS5 beyond "it'll be backwards compatible with my PS4 games"?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Except now there's no reason to believe them when they say something's exclusive. Why buy a PS5 when you know games like these will be available on other platforms anyway?

That's the problem - they're setting an expectation that their platform isn't all that valuable if they can't lock down exclusives properly. I don't give a shit about the Last of Us and I don't give a shit about Ghost of Tsushima or Horizon 2. What is my reason for going with PS5 beyond "it'll be backwards compatible with my PS4 games"?

I guess there isn't one.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
To everyone asking why, this is why. A game is not a system seller if you can get it elsewhere period. Sony used to be good with having true exclusives and I feel like there recent deals have shown they only care about console exclusivity, which weakens their platform.
It's a PS4 game, made to be sold to people who already have one. And two month after its PC release it will be considered as last-gen.

BreakerofChains

Alt-Account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019

lol, you are being overly dramatic..just because DS is on PC, no one thinks all sony games will be. DS is hardly the first PS game to be on PC, even going back to the ps2/ps3 days.

You not giving a shit about those games doesn;t mean much in the grand scheme of things. Ps5 will be fine and have it's exclusives as always. I mean there are lots of reasons to get a ps5..I should not need to list the reasons why folks will upgrade.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I hope Sony makes this one of the last times they fund a game and release it on PC. Not a good look for their platform.
giphy.gif

They should consider having appealing hardware and services.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
who cares if its coming to other places. enjoy the game where ever its available. the only people who should care about are the stock holders

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

Why would you care ?

BreakerofChains

Alt-Account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
Because at this point in the generation the question becomes more about "why should I follow you to next gen?" They have to build a case for why people should trust them and invest in the PS5.
lol...if they have not convinced you after 4 gens they will deliver, they never will. You sound concerned, PlayStation is a force Worldwide for a reason, consumer trust, no one cares DS will be on PC besides you.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Because at this point in the generation the question becomes more about "why should I follow you to next gen?" They have to build a case for why people should trust them and invest in the PS5.

If it has the games you care about and you're fine playing them on a console, why wouldn't you ?

I truly hope you're abn investor. Because otherwise, yikes.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Sonys competiton is ms, if it even has competition, not the pc market. So many ppl butthurt about this coming to pc. It's baffling. I dont see how it weakens sony, if anything, makes the competition better. Sonys exclusives wont lose anything by launching them on pc.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017

I'm going to repeat what other people have said but a little less tactfully; why fucking care?

You want to play game "X".
It's out on PS4/5 and PC.

You either:

1. Have neither a PC or a PS4/5. (Let's assume we are in the future here)
2. Already have a PS4/5.
3. Have a PC.
4. Have Both.
5. Have everything under the fucking sun, PS, PC, XBOX, SWITCH and don't give a shit.

Your options are:

1. Buy the game.
2. Don't buy the game.

Do you want to play the game?

If yes, shut up and buy it on the platform YOU want.
If not, also shut up why are you even here talking about it?

Edit: I only bought a PS4 Pro last year and never having owned a console before then since the original Xbox, I was primarily a PC Gamer and still I always, ALWAYS found it incredibly weird and off putting the way people react to either platform only or multi-plat releases.
Platform wars, console wars, it's so damned childish and I wish it would stop. Just enjoy the media on your preferred location and be happy that devs can get a little more cash from releasing on another platform so they can make [Robot Voice] more media for your consumption.

I wish this game came out on both at the same time, but I also can't wait and want to enjoy the game at the same time as everyone else, avoid spoilers and see what this shared/semi-multiplayer but not multiplayer aspect of the game is before people drop it. So I'm getting it on console.

Last edited:

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sonys competiton is ms, if it even has competition, not the pc market. So many ppl butthurt about this coming to pc. It's baffling. I dont see how it weakens sony, if anything, makes the competition better. Sonys exclusives wont lose anything by launching them on pc.

Sonys competition is anything that pulls away from it's platform, it's no longer just the Xbox or Ms.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
The real treat will be seeing what Decima can do now that it's not held back by weak hardware.
You don't have to wait that much for a comparison. Just look at the beauty that is RDR2 on PC. A much cleaner and beautiful image and bigger draw distance, plus unlocked framerate. That's pretty much what i expect of DS on Pc

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
he's got 505 publishing his game so it's not up to him

Where does the (wrong) notion come from that when you sign up to a publisher you stop having any say in what he does with your game? That totally depends on the contract, some devs get ripped off, others keep all the rights and the pub can't do anything without getting approval. And you can't tell me you honestly believe Kojima signed one that isn't giving him any power. He might not care but if he does it's up to him.

So after Sony's betrayal who will you follow then? As long as games keep coming why should you not 'trust and invest' in them? Because you can't handle people playing the same games on other platforms? Do you feel slighted and aren't in it for the games themselves, just the feeling of exclusivity? That's a terrible, petty attitude.

Last edited:

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's a PS4 game, made to be sold to people who already have one. And two month after its PC release it will be considered as last-gen.
By who? And it sounds like "last-gen" would be something you would use to weaken the game's perception - why? Also, Sony will happily sell "last-gen games" for a "current-gen price". The difference is arbitrary, especially in the beginning of a new gen and especially with the systems offering full BC.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who already played it, Jeff Gerstmann is really looking forward to the game being modded (He has some specifics in mind but he can't say), and considering MGSV, I am as well. (Different engines but the Kojima goofiness will still be there)

CJLWbpT.gif

3ax4um.gif

Obviously it's too early to even know what flaws Death Stranding may have (If any or their seriousness) but mods (Like Outer Heaven) fixed a lot of the issues people had with MGSV so hopefully the same will happen for those that may be mixed about the game.

xylo

Oct 27, 2017
Who gives a shit about caring to buy some plastic? Did you get to play the game or not is the only thing that matters. Why the hell are you wanting to force something to be exclusive and make people to have to play on a PS4 if they would rather play on a PC? Not everyone wants to play on a PC and they will pick a PS5 or whatever -- having something not be exclusive to your preferred place to play shouldn't matter one damn bit to you.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Who gives a shit about caring to buy some plastic? Did you get to play the game or not is the only thing that matters. Why the hell are you wanting to force something to be exclusive and make people to have to play on a PS4 if they would rather play on a PC? Not everyone wants to play on a PC and they will pick a PS5 or whatever -- having something not be exclusive to your preferred place to play shouldn't matter one damn bit to you.

Agreed, people who are worried about the PS4 losing exclusives are just concern trolling.

The PS4 has sold over 100 million units.

0.1% of that (Or less) are people who wouldn't have gotten a PS4 if it didn't have exclusives.

Even on Era, a forum that has "hardcore" gamers, people still think a PC costs $5,000 and is needing a hardware engineer BA to assemble, you think those people (And the majority of others who bought the PS4 who are casuals and core gamers) are suddenly going to build a PC if Sony doesn't have exclusives? It's not happening.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
By the hardware targeted by the game : admitting a PC release in summer, new consoles will be out in autumn. When he used the word "system seller", it's not more relevant and for a year the PS4 will be the only way to play it. And no matter how good the game is, it won't be sided with the PS5 launch line-up, or only to illustrate backward compatibility as you said.

Last edited:

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Dont bother, he has been on his bullshit for 2 days now but won't come out and say why a game coming out on another platform is gonna affect him personally. Something about Sony stratagems or some shit.

Must have got drunk on the corporate koolaid since this news got announced.