• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
lol, thought these were pretty funny. fraudjima!

HEdsMrK.jpg

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
The only thing that's weird to me is that Sony isn't the publisher on PC too.

Not that weird. Sony still makes money from the sale (its their IP) without incurring any of the costs associated with porting the game, marketing it or anything else. In essence, 505 is taking the "risk" here, which likely works just fine for Sony.

MufausaThe3rd

Dec 1, 2017
This is no surprise as Kojima had stated a long time ago that he wanted this game on PC. I'm gunna hold off still. But this is an awful time to announce it with the game dropping in a few weeks on PS4.

They should have waited until after the holidays to announce this.

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
Sony must be fairly confident of the games quality if they've caved in to this much of Kojima's demands. Itsm's unprecedented. Honestly has increased my hype levels as foolish as that sounds.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
What are exclusives, anyway? Consoles are less attractive by the day. Game Pass on PC, now this. I feel like only the Switch truly has the best exclusives.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Great news about the PC port, I have a 2080 Ti, so I love to play it on that. But if both don't launch on the same day, then I guess I'm keeping my PS4 version. Great news all around though.

'V'

Banned
May 19, 2018
JS2rnDH.png

ZVigc6T.png

SNEAKY MULTIPLAT MINDSET
The worst part about all of this is that Sony wants their userbase to think like this as in they're very committed to advertising things as exclusive to PS4 to the point they don't even show competitor logos in trailers even if the game is a confirmed multiplat. These people aren't going mental over a multiplat for no reason. They've been conditioned to think this way by Sony marketing. Some will say its genius marketing, others will say its pathetic.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
Until I get confirmation of a Steam release I'm not even going to bother getting excited. Sony should just scrap together their own barebones launcher.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only way I'll bother with the PC version is if I can get it on steep discount to mess around with mods.

There's little point for me to get it on PC otherwise with it getting enhanced support on PS5, and I'm certainly not going to spend twice over the cost of a PS5 to get my PC up to that level. Been rocking an i5 GTX 960 and old ass HDD for years and see no need to upgrade.

The community mod goes wild with this game.

It had better be more mod friendly than the shit show that was Fox Engine.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I thought this was annouced ages ago, sometimes i think people are getting MIB mind wiped, like the 3rd person shooter footage we saw of the game as gone from peopels memories too.

Alwasy great when more people can play more games.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like an incredible risk to avoid every single thing about this game until the summer but I might take it. Playing it on pc over just a standard PS4 will definitely be a better experience, I just need to be really careful in avoiding spoilers.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
Well that's one big fuck up for Sony's marketing I think.

Should have made it clear weeks, if not months before now, so that the story mere days from release would be about how close the PS4 release is, and not how the PC version was just announced with a release window.

Just smh on the timing...

The reviews are coming out friday and nobody will give a fuck about platforms when the opinions on the actual game start rolling.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What are exclusives, anyway? Consoles are less attractive by the day. Game Pass on PC, now this. I feel like only the Switch truly has the best exclusives.
Same, it's like Sony is losing all their exclusives, it's basically just naughty dog, Santa Monica and guerrilla left when it comes to high rated exclusives isn't it?

and each of them only release a game every 4-5 years

Deleted member 27315

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

BreakerofChains

Alt-Account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I thought this was annouced ages ago, sometimes i think people are getting MIB mind wiped, like the 3rd person shooter footage we saw of the game as gone from peopels memories too.

Alwasy great when more people can play more games.
Yes, you're correct. When Kojima left Konami in late 2015, he announced his partnership with Sony in December of that year. This had its own press release and everything which included a Q/A explicitly mentioning that the game was planned to become available on PC after PS4, but certain people put their fingers in their ears pretending this never existed or wasn't enough 'proof'.

OSB9XqH.png

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kind of confused on this one but admittedly haven't been following very closely.

Wasn't this game funded in part by Sony? And isn't Decima a Sony owned game engine?

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, you're correct. When Kojima left Konami in late 2015, he announced his partnership with Sony in December of that year. This had its own press release and everything which included a Q/A explicitly mentioning that the game was planned to become available on PC after PS4, but certain people put their fingers in their ears pretending this never existed.

OSB9XqH.png

But but that interview was later deleted! he never said that!

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
This is fantastic news. I was super torn on this game because it looked right up my alley but Kojima games are usually not for me. With the PC version coming out a couple of months later, the consensus around this game should be pretty clear.

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Same, it's like Sony is losing all their exclusives, it's basically just naughty dog, Santa Monica and guerrilla left when it comes to high rated exclusives isn't it?

and each of them only release a game every 4-5 years
They literally just lost Death Stranding and Detroit, but yes they no more have exclusives!

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Damn this way the game can become huge if it actually turns out well. I feel like the PC audience resonates quite well with the game.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Edit. Delete pls. I feel like I did too much too death stranding already 😂

Last edited:

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
It's surprising and incredibly kind of them to announce this before the PS4 release. Publishers typically try to force the double-dip.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
CBXZfttW4AAzyD2.jpg

LOL the fact that they announced this a week before the PS4 release is pretty damn scummy, glad i didn't preorder especially digitally. will definitely wait for the PC version then and focus on the other fall/holiday titles now. Even people who suspected that the game would come to PC after it was first announced to be PS4/PC thought it would be at least over a year later...not 6 months.

In the end this truly shows that PC IS the ultimate gaming platform, it get PC exclusives...it gets MS exclusives, and now we get Sony exclusives