• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Everything will be spoiled to death by then, just like RDR2 so imma go the PS4 route this time.

//DEVIL//

Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Because tricking your customers into double-dipping isn't just a piece-of-shit move, it's also commercially bad as it breaks trust. And aside from potential double-dippers, the number of people affected by this will be very small indeed.
That would be logical if publishers work based on emotions . Unfortunately they operate based on a marketing and that is a bad marketing decision no matter how you look at it . Even if the affected people are few . It means less money for them and that is not a good marketing .

Beside they are not tricking anyone anything . Game was announced on ps4 only . There was no promise for a pc version . So how are they tricking anyone ?
I am pretty sure they are planning dlc for the game and at one point a re-release with all dlc in the game . Are they tricking the customers here too ?

This announcement is coming from Kojima and not Sony I am assuming . I think Sony is not happy about this.

Not sure if Sony will continue working with him or if MS will get kojima on their side next gen . Specially if death stranding bombs

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Huh. I was joking about 'modding' Norman's clothes in a pc version, but guess not. It's always good to have the option to play a game in higher graphical quality.

I'd love to know how this works, with Kojima using a Sony engine and all.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
I'll come out unlike the hypocrites who are now saying "you must be dumb if you didn't think it was coming to pc" and say I didn't expect this. Sony funded this game and Guerilla's engine is tailor made for PS4. Seems like a weird move, and if I was Sony, I wouldn't have let him say it until one month after the game came out.

Deleted member 11214

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely getting it on PS4 and then on Steam whenever that happens (don't fuck this up 505).

Don't know why anyone would be upset about more people being able to experience Death Stranding.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lmao those reactions is what i live for
there's more
smartselect_20191028-wnkp1.jpg

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
I realistically think announcing the PC port before DS's launch isn't going to affect sales. This isn't a RE4 situation where the PS4 is a failure of a console.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
If 505 is publishing, I have to wonder if the waffly messaging on the game being multiplatform, was because KojiPro wasn't able to find a publisher and have concrete plans on a PC release until very recently.
That could be a possibility. They were dead set on releasing on PC, but couldn't find a partner for a while. Anyway, it's all speculation for now, but we do at least know for sure that it's coming to PC. Hopefully they announce Steam/EGS soon.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Cool stuff. Wouldn't mind if more Sony stuff showed up on PC.

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
I literally just said yesterday that it was nailed on for PC due to a lack of "Only on Playstation" labeling. The fact it never had it unlike other "timed" exclusives meant an announcement was likely going to happen before release.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's one big fuck up for Sony's marketing I think.

Should have made it clear weeks, if not months before now, so that the story mere days from release would be about how close the PS4 release is, and not how the PC version was just announced with a release window.

Just smh on the timing...

Thinking about it, also surprised Sony isn't doing the publishing on PC, given how much help they gave Kojipro (allegedly).

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Whats cool about it is that I can skip the ps4 version entirely and get it for 20 less dollaridoos tho

Decima on pc will be nice

Jameson

Nov 23, 2017
I might still buy it on PS4, it's no longer my front runner for next month. This announcement made Pokemon and Star Wars seem way more appealing right now, knowing I can play DS on my main platform later.

Rafako

Dec 19, 2017
Nice! I'm still gonna buy on PS4, if it was released at the same time I'd buy on PC, but I don't want to be spoiled on the story :P
Also, lol at the butthurts.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was very obvious, the more intentional confusion they pull with whether a game is exclusive, console exclusive, temporary exclusive and whatnot, the more clear it is that the game is gonna appear elsewhere. Xbox/Switch never seemed on the table but it was so damn obvious it was coming to PC not long after the PS4 version. Always good to have more options, Death Stranding looks like the kind of game that could shine with mods.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Well hot damn. Good for the PC folks. Good for Kojima as well since it will help with the sales of the game.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't expecting that.

Good news for the interested PC players, and good luck to Kojima's celebrity friends whose character models will be easily assessible.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
505? interesting choice. They're actually pretty chill with putting their stuff on GOG, too.

If it's EGS only on launch, i'll think about when i want to play it. But since it's coming to PC, i'll probably check it out at some point for sure. In the end, it's always a net win when more people get to play more games.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those Horizon Zero Omega tweets are straight out of The Outer Worlds corporation propaganda.

ONLY YOU CAN PROTECT FOURTH QUARTER PROFITS!