• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nurovek

Dec 26, 2018
France
Im actually thinking about doing this..I have the special edtion on pre-order but might cancel it in favor of the PC version..I only use my PS4 for exclusives! my PC covers the rest of my gaming needs :)
I understand well, and if I could wait until summer 2020 (or even Summer 2021, if it's a timed Epic Exclusive) I'd do it too (a bit scared of the futureproofing of my I7-4790K tho), but I really want to play it ASAP to be as spoilerproof as possible, and able to discuss the game.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Well that was a really stupid idea to announced it now.

I'm not buying the ps4 version then, unless this is reviewing like the second coming of jesus.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
It all depends on the contract

I agree with you about Spider-Man and TLOU never coming to PC but for different reasons
Even when Insomniac was still independent, Spider-Man was never coming to other platforms because it was the initial contract they made with Marvel and Insomniac

On the contrary, Sony's contract with Kojima was probably "console exclusive + PC release"

But both are first party games
It's a gray area, and it's why some people use the term "second party" because they're games not developed in house by Sony owned studios.

And I just want you to know how much I appreciate your avatar :)

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
"NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN"
"Yeah but this is different"

every time. Sigh.

Anyway, good to have it confirmed. Looking forward to getting it on PC. It's a few months earlier than expect!
Hoping it won't be EGS, but even then that's not remotely a problem as it'll likely release on better services after that, which give enough time for me to get other games out of the way!

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, i might cancel my ps4 preorder then (or not, given that it may be EGS exclusive).

Or maybe i'll just downgrade to the standard edition to pay less, play it early (that way i avoid spoilers) and sell it later.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
If 505 is publishing, I have to wonder if the waffly messaging on the game being multiplatform, was because KojiPro wasn't able to find a publisher and have concrete plans on a PC release until very recently.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
It's a gray area, and it's why some people use the term "second party" because they're games not developed in house by Sony owned studios.

"Second party" is not actually a thing, no matter how badly some people try to make it a thing. It's a first-party title being worked on by a third party team, the end.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah for sure, but even Insomniac (before purchase) said this

IMO, First party game = Sony hold the IP and game developed by WWS or an independent studio

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
It has the Playstation Exclusive banners guys it's not coming to PC
Genius delayed launch to take advantage of double dippers

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Have you been around for Crash Bandicoot?

There were developers literally filmed talking about the PC version, a dozen different retailers listing xbox, pc, switch copies or mentioning it as a timed exclusive and even activisions PR Department refused to answer when they were asked if it's gonna be PS4 exclusive.

Yet, despite all that, many sony fans were convinced that people thinking it'll be multiplat were delusional.
Yup. Crazy to think people were that tunnel visioned.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Really hope they don't go EGS and that Kojima tweet at Valve last year means something. I would like to wait for PC but if its EGS exclusive Ill just get it on PS4.

Oct 27, 2017
Very surprised at all the people saying it's a poor marketing decision. I mean, that may be, but the alternative is to dick around your customers and try to get them to double dip or buy on a non-preferred platform. This is a very consumer-friendly decision, everyone should be applauding the transparency rather than worrying about Sony's bottom line.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hey AudioEppa!

PDaZXNk.png

Crazy stuff huh!

👍🏽

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Sony has said multiple times in the past that they don't view PC as the same type of competition as MS and Nintendo.

Hence Street Fighter V, Final Fantasy XIV, Rocket League, etc all having crossplay.

They literally said they created the PS4 Pro due to wanting to slow people defecting to PC, it's a competing market.

Also, they have crossplay with Xbox and Switch now, very much still competitors.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
The timing pisses me off. I had some PSN bucks so I preordered it.

Now I won't play it there though. Then again if it's EGS then I probably won't wind up playing it at all. I'll try to get a PSN refund but I doubt they do it. Definitely my last digital preorder.. thought it was exclusive.

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I wonder why not Sony publishing?
They don't really publish big stuff on PC. They did publish some smaller games on Steam in the past, but under Sony Mobile and Sony Music publishing.

Putting all that time and money into a fake exclusive is a pretty stupid move in my book.
Why should you care that Sony funded a game to become a reality so that it'll be available to more people? Why should it be exclusive?

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, for one it's coming later. Won't effect console sales, many people simply game on Console. Not a tonne of overlap.

I literally will not buy the game on PS4 because they just announced it for PC.

I can wait.

Had they not announced it I would have bought it for ps4. I am not gonna be the only one.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
That's awesome, glad more people can play it.

I wonder how KojiPro's next game will be funded, that'll be interesting to see.

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
Damn i hate timed exclusives, i would rather play it on pc but i dont want to wait. I guess i wont buy it at all now.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, do I cancel my preorder now? This is gonna look and run so much better on PC. What a choice

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Tim Sweeney is gonna give KojiPro all the lunch money Fortnite has bilked from grade school kids for the entire year to get DS exclusive.