• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
I hope to hear it comes out or not on Xbox.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
When Kojima was dodging questions about platform exclusivity it was pretty easy to see where things were going. Try asking Neil Druckmann if TLOU2 is coming to other platforms then Playstation, I dont think he'll have trouble answering that. And there were plenty other clues as well.
Hey, if they're allowing this I doubt Sony is against TLOU2 on PC. At least whatever the Multiplayer team is working on

BreakerofChains

Alt-Account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
Perhaps. Now Sony is going to pay the price for it, though. It's not like they have ANYTHING else for the rest of the year, this was their big-ticket item and now a good chunk of their potential userbase is just gonna wait and buy it from someone else for something else.

Pretty dumb move on their part. I wonder if they lost the ownership rights to the IP or if 505 is licensing it FROM them to release on PC.
Good lord..some of you need some perspective..how is sony going to "Pay the price", this won't effect sony at all... Plus more people get to play it..win, win.

Hey, if they're allowing this I doubt Sony is against TLOU2 on PC. At least whatever the Multiplayer team is working on
TLOU 2 won;t be on PC..

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Perhaps. Now Sony is going to pay the price for it, though. It's not like they have ANYTHING else for the rest of the year, this was their big-ticket item and now a good chunk of their potential userbase is just gonna wait and buy it from someone else for something else.

Pretty dumb move on their part. I wonder if they lost the ownership rights to the IP or if 505 is licensing it FROM them to release on PC.
I think you're overestimating how much PC sales can potentially eat into it. The game will still sell like hotcakes regardless.

Sep 28, 2019
User banned (1 week): Trolling over a series of posts. Account in junior phase.
Haha shut up. The definitive Edition will the PS5 Patch ,Master Race Peasant ..

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
They need to update that Conan video pronto!

Screenshot_2019-10-25_at_00.56.53.png
PS4 Console Exclusive.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only fanboys would ever have thought it wouldn't come to PC.

Which of course, there are a lot of here.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
I'm glad I'm not rich enough for a gaming PC. I'd be so mad to be on the best hardware yet having to wait months and months for games already out on console.
If you had one you wouldn't be mad. Tons of great games to play in the meantime, much more than any individual console. Eating these console exclusives is just icing on top.

ZeroNr

Oct 20, 2019

Yeah that wont happen. If it looses 5% will be too much. But we will see after release.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo

LOL, how do you know that a big chunk of their user base is gonna bail? Your not one of those gamers that thinks everyone has a gaming pc are you? lol

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
YES!!!

I'm astonished that they made this announcement so shortly before launch. If reviews hold, I'm gonna play this on PC.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
b-but decima!
good news for those who wanted to play it on PC. it was announced for PC from the beginning, and that version was never cancelled so i never understood why some people lost their shit at the suggestion that it might still come to PC.
it is a bit of a weird move to announce it a week before release tho, i was expecting an announcement ~6 months later.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
This is such a weird move on Sony's side now. Revealing that such a highly anticipated and important exclusive title is not actually an exclusive so close to the release date just doesn't make any sense. like WTF man!

I mean, providing the freaking engine, pouring money into the development/advertisement, even owning the IP itself, then letting it go right before the release date is just...WHAT?
Do you think KojiPro went rogue, or do you think that was contractually agreed long ago?

Obviously this is something that was agreed earlier on in the negotiations between Sony and Kojima Productions.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EGS exclusive would be disappointing, but still glad they confirmed PC release.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I told you.

lol who is the absolute idiot at Sony who approved this announcement before release?
This is the exact same thing that happened with the PC release of NieR:Automata.
The port was announced along with the game, Sony paid for silence so the developers wouldn't answer any questions about a PC version, and no-one heard anything about it until days before its release.

Just like Death Stranding, there were people saying the port was cancelled, it was never coming to PC, stop bringing it up in discussions about a PlayStation exclusive etc.
People were still defending its honor exclusivity by saying that the trailer with a PC release date they accidentally put out a few days early was a mistake.
If I recall correctly, the sequence of events was something like a trailer with a PC release date published ~2 weeks before the game shipped, that trailer was quickly replaced with one that only had a PlayStation release date, and then ~3 days before the PlayStation release, "official" details of the PC release were finally made available.

This is what Sony does.

A lot of people in here calling them dumb but I would like to send Koji Pro/Sony some kudos for announcing this before the PS4 release.
Trying to trick people into double dipping isn't cool.
Yes, I appreciate that. It's far better than the times Sony has paid for silence until the PC release of a game and it's just dropped on PC out of nowhere some months after release. Rez Infinite was like this, for example.

what do you think the FFVIIR PC thread will be like y'all?
Do people really think it's going to be PlayStation exclusive?

The evidence used was pretty poor to me. That was my issue. I didn't really care if it came to PC.
Sony literally said it was coming to PC in an official Q&A about the game. How is that "pretty poor" evidence?

Q6. What other platforms will Kojima's first independent title be available on, besides PS4?
The title is planned to become available on PC (after PS4).
Q7. How long is the exclusivity?
We are not disclosing details.
Q8. Will Kojima's second title (and beyond) not be PlayStation console exclusives?
We announced an agreement regarding Kojima's first title, and SCE cannot comment on titles beyond that.

Deleted member 27315

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If you had one you wouldn't be mad. Tons of great games to play in the meantime, much more than any individual console. Eating these console exclusives is just icing on top.
I really can't find one game that you can play it only on pc and I want to play it. On the other hand, I couldn't ''live'' without ps4 exclusives.

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
505. Ew.
That Gaben tweet. Nice. Old though.

Don't have the PS4 version preordered, would've bought if on sale around Black Friday if reviews are good enough, not sure now, I usually wait for PC but with EGS looming in the background....

Anyone who thought it was a true PS exclusive was perfectly reasonable in doing so.

Being convinced of that and angrily jumping into everyone's faces who had doubts is very different though and we got a lot of the latter. So much so that those petty 'at least now we'll get less troll posts from PC gamers' comments are hilariously misguided.

After 7-10 months the game will be spoiled to death.

I've become quite adept at avoiding those, still don't know anything about RDR2 and tbh DS looks so out there that seeing/hearing something out of context might mean nothing.

Last edited:

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
The moment the release date trailer dropped without Only On Playstation, it was 100% sure it would happen.

however announcing this before it even releasing on PS4 is weird.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Funny that people doubted it for so long even tho there was so much proof against it.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Stupid of them to announce it before the PS4 launch.

Oh well. Probably wasn't gonna buy it anyway, guess I'm not getting any Sony first party games before the end of the gen at this point.

It should have been announced officially for PC a long time ago. Instead, every attempt was made by Playstation to make it appear like a true exclusive, in order to obfuscate the truth.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
It's not my cup of tea, but I am happy to see a PS4 exclusive not limited by the PS4 Pro hardware.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Sony does not own the Spider-Man IP.

They own the license to use the Spider-Man IP exclusively.

Owning the Spider-Man IP means that the character can never appear elsewhere in other games, and that's not a thing at all.

They do own "Marvel's Spider-Man", though. That specific game.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
And another reason to not buy a ps console next persona going multi please
There was a user on here who was saying they knew an insider saying P5R would be coming to PC a few months after it's international release, but that was one guy. It's hearsay.
I guess you could PM them and see if they'd be willing to corroborate it.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Sony does not own the Spider-Man IP.

They own the license to use the Spider-Man IP exclusively.

Owning the Spider-Man IP means that the character can never appear elsewhere in other games, and that's not a thing at all.
WTF? I meant they own the Detroit IP and that is on PC